HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post game wrap up

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-21-2006, 10:29 PM
  #1
LesHabsRock
Registered User
 
LesHabsRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,957
vCash: 500
Post game wrap up

http://www.faceoffmagazine dot com/articles.asp?articleid=2305

In the old NHL this game would have ended at 3-1 or 3-0 as the Avs would have shut the habs down and maintain the lead.

Fast Forward...the new NHL...Habs comeback after being down 3-0 and win by 3 goals 8-5.

Habs PP and PK continue to dominate.

Souray get's 4 points and shows he is back to his "bionic" form.

Second line scoring comes through.

Koivu, Ryder, and Higgins all dynamite once again.

We should have used some of those goals for the Chicago game earlier this week

No story book ending for Theo. We habs are tired of Ex Habs having story book endings when playing the Habs with their new teams and paying us back.

You realize that, generally speaking, if a team is in the top 5 in both PP and PK throughout a season their chances of winning the Stanley Cup are very good.

Now, let's get the Sabres back. Their season winning streak began with us and it will end with us.

JUST ADDED: Also, do not forget the genius of Carbonneau in this game. He could have easily caved and broken up the second line, but he stuck with his guns and it paid off as Samsonov and Kovalev scored tonight and were major contributors throughout the game. Carbonneau gave them another chance and they proved to him why he should keep them together.

Go Habs Go


Last edited by LesHabsRock: 10-21-2006 at 10:58 PM.
LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 10:51 PM
  #2
canada_habs2006
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Niagara, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
ya its really going to suck if we lose a close one to the sabres again.

i'd rather get blown out than see us lose with a late goal in the third or something.

if would be really nice if we could beat them by two goals, and then no heart attack ending.

canada_habs2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 10:53 PM
  #3
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 28,822
vCash: 50
go habs go!

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 10:55 PM
  #4
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 9,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canada_habs2006 View Post
ya its really going to suck if we lose a close one to the sabres again.

i'd rather get blown out than see us lose with a late goal in the third or something.

if would be really nice if we could beat them by two goals, and then no heart attack ending.
What? That doesn't make sense... I don't care how the game goes, because a L is an L, and a W is a W, so if it comes down to it, and we have to endure a late 1-goal lead (or deficit), I now have faith Montreal can hold it.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 10:56 PM
  #5
Markov79
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Canuckastan
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,390
vCash: 500
They showed alot of heat coming back but I'm annoyed with the powerplay. You must score on every 5-3. They are a gift from god and there is no reason to squander them, espessialy if they are lasting over a minute.

Markov79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 10:56 PM
  #6
loveblood20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
Now, let's get the Sabres back. Their season winning streak began with us and it will end with us.

Go Habs Go
Amen to that brother

loveblood20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 11:01 PM
  #7
x-bob
Registered User
 
x-bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,993
vCash: 500
Why did Perez get so little Ice time Tonight. He got 3 seconds more then LAtendresse and I thought he played pretty good.

Perezhogin -- 8:48

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...7/ES020107.HTM
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...7/SC020107.HTM

x-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 11:01 PM
  #8
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 9,285
vCash: 500
lol the dates are all messed up.. it says I posted at 8AM on the 22nd..

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 11:03 PM
  #9
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 9,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bob View Post
Why did Perez get so little Ice time Tonight. He got 3 seconds more then LAtendresse and I thought he played pretty good.

Perezhogin -- 8:48

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...7/ES020107.HTM
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...7/SC020107.HTM
Prolly because he doesn't PK, and given how much time we were shorthanded (and his linemates both PK) he'd get less icetime because Bonk and Johnson would need a rest.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 11:05 PM
  #10
Turbo
Registered User
 
Turbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Greys section 325
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79 View Post
They showed alot of heat coming back but I'm annoyed with the powerplay. You must score on every 5-3. They are a gift from god and there is no reason to squander them, espessialy if they are lasting over a minute.
I know what you're saying but they did score on an important 5-on-3 tonight and the PP went 4-for-8. They were 9th in the league at 20.7% efficiency before tonight's game and will certainly climb up after this performance. Can't really ask for much more.

Add to that the fact that the PK is 92.3% before tonight (1 GA on 7 tries tonight) so the special teams are just fine.

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 11:06 PM
  #11
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bob View Post
Why did Perez get so little Ice time Tonight. He got 3 seconds more then LAtendresse and I thought he played pretty good.

Perezhogin -- 8:48

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...7/ES020107.HTM
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...7/SC020107.HTM
Because of all the penalties.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 11:07 PM
  #12
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 9,285
vCash: 500
That our PK is still over 90% (it will be 91.3% after this game) is really, really impressive. It's unrealistic to expect that rate over the season, but it's definitely a promising start.

Carbonneau is having a big impact on the defensive awareness of the team.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 11:09 PM
  #13
LesHabsRock
Registered User
 
LesHabsRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
That our PK is still over 90% (it will be 91.3% after this game) is really, really impressive. It's unrealistic to expect that rate over the season, but it's definitely a promising start.

Carbonneau is having a big impact on the defensive awareness of the team.
If our Habs can average 2 pp goals per game we should rank among the league's elite teams this year. We can attribute the success to Souray being back to form and the constant improvement of Higgins and Ryder.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 11:17 PM
  #14
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 9,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
If our Habs can average 2 pp goals per game we should rank among the league's elite teams this year. We can attribute the success to Souray being back to form and the constant improvement of Higgins and Ryder.
It remains to be seen, however, if we can handle not having a point presence. Very soon teams will key into Souray, and open up underneath to remove the point shot. We need to be able to score without his shot.

That being said, his pass for that 5-on-3 goal was incredible.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 11:19 PM
  #15
LesHabsRock
Registered User
 
LesHabsRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
It remains to be seen, however, if we can handle not having a point presence. Very soon teams will key into Souray, and open up underneath to remove the point shot. We need to be able to score without his shot.

That being said, his pass for that 5-on-3 goal was incredible.
If teams begin keying on the point man that will leave an odd man situation down low infront of the net with Koivu, Ryder or Higgins. It's really a double edged sword if you're penalty killing our Power Play.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 11:27 PM
  #16
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 28,822
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
It remains to be seen, however, if we can handle not having a point presence. Very soon teams will key into Souray, and open up underneath to remove the point shot. We need to be able to score without his shot.

That being said, his pass for that 5-on-3 goal was incredible.
speaking of incredible passes... the one that lead to Rivet's goal was sensational.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 11:37 PM
  #17
White Snake*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 267
vCash: 500
Wow some many positives tonight:

Altohugh maybe not the best line but the biggest positive was to see Kovy and Sammy play well. Higgins is a mad man out there. HE is getting a crazy amount of chances it is amazing. The third line is impressing me more and more each night. They paly agianst the top line yet they are always in the offensive zone. I dont think I heard Sakic's name once after the first period. ALthough Svatos was dangerous. Streit was good and Souray looked like a norris candidate tonight. Abby was a little weak but I loved his emotion when the final buzzer went.

White Snake* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 11:55 PM
  #18
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 9,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Snake View Post
Wow some many positives tonight:

Altohugh maybe not the best line but the biggest positive was to see Kovy and Sammy play well. Higgins is a mad man out there. HE is getting a crazy amount of chances it is amazing. The third line is impressing me more and more each night. They paly agianst the top line yet they are always in the offensive zone. I dont think I heard Sakic's name once after the first period. ALthough Svatos was dangerous. Streit was good and Souray looked like a norris candidate tonight. Abby was a little weak but I loved his emotion when the final buzzer went.
Don't you mean Stavos? lol
Anyone watching the english CBC feed will know what I'm talking about. One of the announcers kept calling him Stavos, even after the other guy correcting him.

In response to Tricolere, there were several amazing passes. It wouldn't be fair to disclude the Kovalev pass for Samsonov goal, and there were a couple other ones that didn't end up as goals. It was a free-wheeling game, and I imagine we can keep up with just about every team at it. The only ones that (IMO) will be hard to keep up with are Buffalo, Nashville, and Edmonton.


Last edited by coolguy21415: 10-22-2006 at 09:15 AM.
coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 12:10 AM
  #19
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canada_habs2006 View Post
ya its really going to suck if we lose a close one to the sabres again.

i'd rather get blown out than see us lose with a late goal in the third or something.

if would be really nice if we could beat them by two goals, and then no heart attack ending.
we were obviously 14 seconds away from beating them back in the 1st week of the season... until the team decided to beat itself and have a complete meltdown.

The sabres come to town playing their 3rd game in 4 nights while the habs wait for them at home. Plus, the law of averages says the sabres gotta lose sometime.

I think the habs have a terrific oppurtunity to halt their streak.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 12:10 AM
  #20
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 24,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
lol the dates are all messed up.. it says I posted at 8AM on the 22nd..
Souray broke the network.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 12:21 AM
  #21
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 9,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
If no ones #s moved for PP or PK, we should be second in both, which is like whoa!!!
Well it's not realistic to extrapolate an entire season out of less than 10% of the games... but we are playing exceptionally well on special teams. Lets just hope that injuries don't affect that too much.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 12:24 AM
  #22
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 22,707
vCash: 1200
Anyone could put the game on youtube or something? Id like to watch it again

Team_Spirit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 12:31 AM
  #23
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 22,707
vCash: 1200
CBC will replay the game @ 1:30 as RDS won't ( No Canadien express on Week-ends)

Team_Spirit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 08:12 AM
  #24
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 9,285
vCash: 500
Also, I thought Gui had a great game; he was making noise on his shifts, and had a couple chances. You can see that he'll be making some real noise sooner than later.

Special teams are going to be what keeps us in games this season, and Souray's offensive flair coming back is only going to help that. If a PK mans up on him, it'll just open up room down low for Kovalev and Higgins.

Great come-from-behind effort from everyone. I never would have guessed Rivet had such soft hands..

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 09:16 AM
  #25
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,092
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
If no ones #s moved for PP or PK, we should be second in both, which is like whoa!!!

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.