HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

LA Kings 2013 NHL Draft

Old
07-01-2013, 12:46 AM
Vamos Rafa

vCash: 500
See, we're a classy organization. Deano gave the pick to NJ so they could have a once-in-a-lifetime father-and-son moment. Not to mention it was in New Jersey.

But we're still classless because of our tweets according to the main board.

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:51 AM
Reclamation Project
It's So Easy

Most Devil fans have the biggest hard on for the Kings.

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:59 AM
KingKopitar11*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
Most Devil fans have the biggest hard on for the Kings.
Your last avatar was awesome.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 01:04 AM
Reclamation Project
It's So Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Your last avatar was awesome.
I have it saved

The Predators won BIG time getting Seth Jones. A scary defense got a whole lot scarier!

Old
07-01-2013, 01:24 AM
damacles1156

The Preds replaced Suter basically. Weber/Jones, what a pairing.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 01:30 AM
Knight of the Realm
Kempe

Getting Zykov and the Check goalie were a boon. Good job DL.

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 01:39 AM
damacles1156

Man....Nashville is loaded on Defenders...

I thought the Kings had a lot of NHL defenders.....NSH is just loaded.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 01:42 AM
kingsfan28
Its A Kingspiracy !

Random observation during the draft, I think they had the Jurassic Park soundtrack on repeat during the draft. I thought for sure Jeff Goldblum would come up to the podium and announce a pick or trade.

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 01:49 AM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
Somebody has way to much time on their hands.
Since the Kings had 1 pick in the top 100 I thought it would be fun to see what percentage of LA Kings draftees in the top 100 players picked in each draft played a significant amount of games in the NHL. It turns out 59 players out of the 189 players the Kings took in the first 100 picks of any draft (prior to this draft) have played 200 games or more in the NHL. That's 31.2% Alec Martinez, Brayden Schenn, Slava Voynov, Jonathan Bernier and Thomas Hickey all have a chance to add to this list but are not yet to 200 games.

Conversely only 12 players drafted by the Kings with the 101st pick or lower have played more than 200 games in the NHL. This is out of 224 total picks in franchise history made after the 100th pick of any draft prior to this draft. That's 5.4% and only Loktionov, King & Nolan can add to that number currently and none of them has played 90 games yet.

That means 6 of the Kings' 7 draft picks today have less than a 6% chance of even playing 2 or 3 three seasons in the NHL. That's why we can't get too excited about anything after the 3rd round on draft day.

Oh and as a bonus only 4 Kings draftees picked after the 100th pick played even 200 games for the Kings Franchise. That's 1.8% of the 224 players mentioned above and they are:

Luc Robitaille
Dave Taylor
Lubomir Visnovsky
Mario Lessard

Last edited by Face Wash: 07-01-2013 at 01:55 AM.
Face Wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 03:24 AM
ru4reals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash View Post
Since the Kings had 1 pick in the top 100 I thought it would be fun to see what percentage of LA Kings draftees in the top 100 players picked in each draft played a significant amount of games in the NHL. It turns out 59 players out of the 189 players the Kings took in the first 100 picks of any draft (prior to this draft) have played 200 games or more in the NHL. That's 31.2% Alec Martinez, Brayden Schenn, Slava Voynov, Jonathan Bernier and Thomas Hickey all have a chance to add to this list but are not yet to 200 games.

Conversely only 12 players drafted by the Kings with the 101st pick or lower have played more than 200 games in the NHL. This is out of 224 total picks in franchise history made after the 100th pick of any draft prior to this draft. That's 5.4% and only Loktionov, King & Nolan can add to that number currently and none of them has played 90 games yet.

That means 6 of the Kings' 7 draft picks today have less than a 6% chance of even playing 2 or 3 three seasons in the NHL. That's why we can't get too excited about anything after the 3rd round on draft day.

Oh and as a bonus only 4 Kings draftees picked after the 100th pick played even 200 games for the Kings Franchise. That's 1.8% of the 224 players mentioned above and they are:

Luc Robitaille
Dave Taylor
Lubomir Visnovsky
Mario Lessard

Love it thanks and well I know I'll get flamed for this but I highly doubt any of our lower picks will ever make it. And I hope I'm wrong!

ru4reals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 09:18 AM
Peter James Bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post
I wonder if he's the youngest player drafted this year? The deadline was two weeks after his birth!
Dominak Kubalik Aug 21, 1995.

Nathan MacKinnon Sept 1, 1995.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=143744

First overall pick MacKinnon doesn't turn 18 until 1 month before
season. I think the Avs should let him play 1 more year of junior.
Let him grow, add strength, and play in the WJC.

Peter James Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 10:59 AM
Raccoon Jesus
\_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter James Bond View Post
Dominak Kubalik Aug 21, 1995.

Nathan MacKinnon Sept 1, 1995.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=143744

First overall pick MacKinnon doesn't turn 18 until 1 month before
season. I think the Avs should let him play 1 more year of junior.
Let him grow, add strength, and play in the WJC.
I would agree, but Patty Roy already has his lines for the season posted, haha.

Raccoon Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 11:24 AM
CNS
A World Alone

We quietly did very well again this draft. It won't be our best draft under Dean but that's because no draft will ever beat getting Drew and Slava. We got a player who was a first round talent without having a first round pick. We gave up quantity for quality. I would say every pick was a good one except Auger. Bartosak was a real good pick. Seems like everyone who's seen him play really likes him. I haven't seen enough of him to comment just yet but he won the CHL goalie of the year.

Zykov was the CHL rookie of the year over Seth ****ing Jones. Not only does Zykov clearly have the talent but he hits everything and I mean EVERYTHING we were looking for. He's got size, powerful game, can cycle, isn't afraid on the ice, can score, is Russian, and a LWer. This wasn't a home run pick. This wasn't a grand slam. This was better. Dean deserves a lot of props to do what we expected him to do in trading up but even more praise for getting a real, real talented player.

Hudson Fasching certainly didn't have a good year. But remember the last kid who was hyped coming in to his draft year, struggled, and was drafted by us? Max Kitsyn. Sure Max hasn't made it yet but he's still a quality prospect who can end up being a real quality piece of the puzzle for is. If Hudson puts it all together then it's a hell of a pick. These are the picks I love. It's a risk. Hudson can turn out to be a real good player or he can turn out to be a nobody. It's up to him now and you can bet he'll work his ass off to make it.

The with our last 3 picks, we get a guy with a very good shot who scored a lot of goals in college last year, who is already familiar with a few of our prospects, and that our scouts have to have seen a lot of, a puck mover who can take his time to possibly develop (and we're a bit thin on PMD prospects now), and a real young winger with room to grow. I can't help but be happy with yesterdays results.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:02 PM
DrewforNorris
Kingspiracy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
We quietly did very well again this draft. It won't be our best draft under Dean but that's because no draft will ever beat getting Drew and Slava. We got a player who was a first round talent without having a first round pick. We gave up quantity for quality. I would say every pick was a good one except Auger. Bartosak was a real good pick. Seems like everyone who's seen him play really likes him. I haven't seen enough of him to comment just yet but he won the CHL goalie of the year.

Zykov was the CHL rookie of the year over Seth ****ing Jones. Not only does Zykov clearly have the talent but he hits everything and I mean EVERYTHING we were looking for. He's got size, powerful game, can cycle, isn't afraid on the ice, can score, is Russian, and a LWer. This wasn't a home run pick. This wasn't a grand slam. This was better. Dean deserves a lot of props to do what we expected him to do in trading up but even more praise for getting a real, real talented player.

Hudson Fasching certainly didn't have a good year. But remember the last kid who was hyped coming in to his draft year, struggled, and was drafted by us? Max Kitsyn. Sure Max hasn't made it yet but he's still a quality prospect who can end up being a real quality piece of the puzzle for is. If Hudson puts it all together then it's a hell of a pick. These are the picks I love. It's a risk. Hudson can turn out to be a real good player or he can turn out to be a nobody. It's up to him now and you can bet he'll work his ass off to make it.

The with our last 3 picks, we get a guy with a very good shot who scored a lot of goals in college last year, who is already familiar with a few of our prospects, and that our scouts have to have seen a lot of, a puck mover who can take his time to possibly develop (and we're a bit thin on PMD prospects now), and a real young winger with room to grow. I can't help but be happy with yesterdays results.
Thanks for all the insight from NJ yesterday.

DrewforNorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:10 PM
DrewforNorris
Kingspiracy.

I thought DL's move at the end to allow Brodeur to draft his son was classy.

Also, woke up to see the Canucks boards still in melt down mode.

DrewforNorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:46 PM
Fat Elvis
El Guapo

The satisfaction level of this draft seems to be positive. I'm looking at 2-3 of these kids to make this a solid draft for LA. Any more than 2 is just gravy when drafting where they did. I know 2 out of 7 doesn't sound real sexy, but when you have 1 pick in the first 3.5 rounds, it can be real hit and miss.

Looking forward to seeing what Zykov can do. Also very interested in what LA's coaching and development staff can do with the rest of them. New chapter

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:49 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
Holy crap did the Sharks blow it today. They went into what is considered probably the deepest draft in about a decade with four picks in the first two rounds, and came away with Tyler Kennedy, Mirco Mueller, and Gabryel Paquin-Boudreau.
I was watching the Draft with my buddy who's a Sharks fan. He still hasn't gotten over the 2005 Draft. The Sharks traded up to #8 and he was sure that it would be for Kopitar. Instead they drafted Devin Setoguchi and it seemed unnecessary that they trade up for him.

So yesterday, I needled him a bit and announced the "Award for Unneccessary Trade Up" going to Doug Wilson again. Columbus, picking between San Jose and Detroit, more or less announced they'd be taking three forwards. I suppose the Sharks might have been paranoid that somebody else was dealing up to Detroit's pick for Mueller....

----------

I got home late and was surprised to see that the Devils traded back into the 7th for Anthony Brodeur. Hated seeing that at first since it was a pick based on nepotism, but after watching the video it's tough not to enjoy that moment. I've been a big Dean Lombardi fan since his SJ days and that was awesome for him to be the enabler of that.

Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:56 PM
Pucknut50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
I have it saved

The Predators won BIG time getting Seth Jones. A scary defense got a whole lot scarier!
Your Avatar of TT is incorrect he's right handed.

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:59 PM
Pucknut50

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post

Frolov with an attitude. I agree he looks good.

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 01:00 PM
northernKing

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1445493

Well someone saw the writing on the wall
Post#5

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 01:03 PM
KingsFan7824

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
I know 2 out of 7 doesn't sound real sexy, but when you have 1 pick in the first 3.5 rounds, it can be real hit and miss.
That's 30%. That's success in the batter's box in baseball, and success in an NHL draft.

Considering they traded 3 picks for 1 to get Zykov, if he's not one of the two that make it, that would be a little disappointing. As long as the Kings get at least 2 though, that play somewhere or get you something, can't ask for much more than that.

KingsFan7824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 01:14 PM
Reclamation Project
It's So Easy

Quote:

Old
07-01-2013, 01:25 PM
Tadite

The interview with Futa was interesting. Mentioned thinking about moving up for a couple of dmen in the 2nd (maybe Hagg?) before making the move to get Zykov. Also mentioned another forward Dean liked but went earlier and they seem to have not been able to make the trade (Erne?). Lots of "what ifs" in drafting.

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 01:31 PM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

Frozen Royalty/s wrap-up and analysis of what the Kings did at the 2013 NHL Draft...

2013 NHL Draft: LA Kings Net Seven Prospects, Maybe Even A Couple Of Gems

FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 01:47 PM
Captain Mittens*
Catquistador

vCash: 69
Quote:
wow, of all the random things to worry about....

Captain Mittens* is offline   Reply With Quote