HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post-game quote (Souray appreciation thread)

Old
10-21-2006, 11:16 PM
Guy Caballero

vCash: 500
Post-game quote (Souray appreciation thread)

Most of Jose Theodore's former teammates on the Montreal Canadiens admitted to feeling a little sorry for him as they put five third period goals past him in a wild 8-5 victory.

But not Sheldon Souray.

"Why would I?" Souray asked. "I don't feel for anybody. The media makes it a bigger deal than it is. I'm sure for (Theodore) coming in here was special for him, but for us it's just another game and he's just another goalie. We have a good thing going here. We have a great feeling in this room, a great feeling of togetherness, and that's what we're worried about, not anybody else."

That's what it's all about in the new NHL. Winning as a team. I hope all you Souray bashers took notes tonight, because this guy's importance to this team should never be underestimated. His leadership is just as important to the Habs as Saku's.

Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 11:26 PM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero View Post
His leadership is just as important to the Habs as Saku's.

I wouldn't go that far.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 11:31 PM
White Snake*

He only had 4 pts tonight we sould trade him immediately.

White Snake* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 11:34 PM
KnuklZ

Quote:
Most of Jose Theodore's former teammates on the Montreal Canadiens admitted to feeling a little sorry for him as they put five third period goals past him in a wild 8-5 victory.

But not Sheldon Souray.

"Why would I?" Souray asked. "I don't feel for anybody. The media makes it a bigger deal than it is. I'm sure for (Theodore) coming in here was special for him, but for us it's just another game and he's just another goalie. We have a good thing going here. We have a great feeling in this room, a great feeling of togetherness, and that's what we're worried about, not anybody else."

That's what it's all about in the new NHL. Winning as a team. I hope all you Souray bashers took notes tonight, because this guy's importance to this team should never be underestimated. His leadership is just as important to the Habs as Saku's.
ouch. I guess that Souray was a little pissed about Theos remarks on how the dressing room atmosphere is so much better in Colorado (which means it sucked in MTL)

KnuklZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 11:42 PM
Bill McNeal

I've told myself not to take Souray for granted ever since Julien's firing. He said something to the effect that everyone in the locker room should be ashamed of themselves for what transpired and how they were directly responsible for it.

He can be frustrating sometimes with his defensive blunders but the guy is a key offensive weapon both on the PP and 5-on-5, is the toughest guy on the team and has leadership coming out the wazoo.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 11:43 PM
Duff88

Souray is a man, Souray has no emotions for anybody.

Was I the only one thinking he looked pissed tonight?

Duff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 11:46 PM
GoodKiwi

Souray still sucks defensively so far. Those four points won't blind me, because he was responsible for at least as many goals scored against us this season.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 11:52 PM
White Snake*

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1x44r View Post
Souray still sucks defensively so far. Those four points won't blind me, because he was responsible for at least as many goals scored against us this season.
Looks who is was paired up with in the 1st period. His defensive partner gave the puck away on the 1st goal and left Souray out to dry. Put him with Markov and all these so called blunders disappear. OH and was the SPezza goal a blunder or a nice play by Spezza?

White Snake* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 11:53 PM
henri2014

If he continues like that hes gonna be expensive...

Anyway he look like he worked on his shot this off season its on net most of the time.

henri2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 11:58 PM
Habsfan18

give him 3 years/9 million for his godly work on the PP

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 12:04 AM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slip Slidin' Slim View Post
I wouldn't go that far.

I will, i am i a huge Koivu fan. Leadership is found in many places throughout the dressing room. Koivu is a huge presence, as are players like Souray, and Rivet. These guys work together to create unity. Some guys will respond to Koivu's one on one discussions and hard work on the ice, some guys respond to the vocal "raw, raw" type displays by Souray and Rivet. Both are equally important.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 12:20 AM
PERPETUALSMILEZ

Quote:

But not Sheldon Souray.

I completely agree

PERPETUALSMILEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 12:33 AM
Kruky

Way to go Souray for these comments. I also agree with what he said in the playoff vs the Bruins when he and Kovalev crashed into each other. But what was he doing at the red line on that goal??? Thats a different story.

He's a good leader.

Kruky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 12:38 AM
Astaroth

If only his defensive game would pick up. I love the man but his defensive blunders just make cringe everytime.

Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 01:01 AM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13 View Post
I will, i am i a huge Koivu fan. Leadership is found in many places throughout the dressing room. Koivu is a huge presence, as are players like Souray, and Rivet. These guys work together to create unity. Some guys will respond to Koivu's one on one discussions and hard work on the ice, some guys respond to the vocal "raw, raw" type displays by Souray and Rivet. Both are equally important.
Souray's leadership isn't as important as Koivu's on or off the ice. Of course, after a big win where Souray pots 2 key goals and 2 apples, most will disagree with me, but it's the truth.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 01:33 AM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
+1

I just wish we had more quality depth on D so that we didn't have to use him so much during 5 on 5... same goes for rivet.
That is huge I agree.

Souray needs to play more pp time less of everything else becuase he is not mobile enough on the ice same for rivet. They are not terrible on the pk but once Dandenault and Bouillon are back that will help this team a lot. I could see the Habs dressing 7 defenseman on a regular basis. Also why does Niinimaa not get any PP time. Rivet although a super hard worker does not have the touch or vision to play on the pp.

Souray was incredible tonight and his shot alone will garnish him some great money this offseason, I would love if he stayed for cheap with ths habs. His overall game will improve as the season goes on.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 02:24 AM
#44_delivers

i get the feeling he's a very proud man to be playing for le habitant, and that passion is huge along with his shot. boy did 44 ever deliver tonight.

#44_delivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 02:41 AM
Habs4Lyfe
Drive for 25

wasnt gonna create another thread of this...but not sure if anyone heard Brunette's comments after the game about the way the crowd reacted to Breezby and Theo...

"I don't think it's the right thing to do," Brunette said of crowd's treatment of Theodore and Avalanche defenseman Patrice Brisebois, a member of the Canadiens last Stanley Cup-winning team in 1993 who also returned to Montreal for the first time.

"I think they played well for them all those years and they were lucky to have them. If that's the way they feel about those guys, then shame on them."

Habs4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 03:13 AM
les Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
If only his defensive game would pick up. I love the man but his defensive blunders just make cringe everytime.
Exactly. Still output like tonight makes it easier to swallow.

les Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 04:04 AM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
He leads the team in goals and points. I think....too lazy to add up all the stats.
Tied with Higgins for goals. Tied with Koivu for points.

He leads the league for goals (5. 2 ahead of the bunch), points (9. 1 ahead of Van Ryn and Carle), and PPP (8. 2 ahead of Gonchar) by a defenseman. He's also tied for first for PPP overall with Hossa.

And while we're at it.. Andrei Markov is also tied for #1 in the league in assists by a defenseman with 7.

Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 04:05 AM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
He leads the team in goals and points. I think....too lazy to add up all the stats.

Tied with Higgins for goals. Tied with Koivu for points.

He leads the league for goals (5. 2 ahead of the bunch), points (9. 1 ahead of Van Ryn and Carle), and PPP (8. 2 ahead of Gonchar) by a defenseman. He's also tied for first for PPP overall with Hossa.

And while we're at it.. Andrei Markov is also tied for #1 in the league in assists by a defenseman with 7.

Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 08:38 AM
Artyukhin*

i couldnt have said it better myself !
Sheldon

10 would have loooked even better .It's all bizness
espically in the new NHL no lead seems safe alot of nights

GO HABS GO !!!

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 09:03 AM
Joe Cole

If only they could use him exclusively on PP or when the fourth line of the opposing team is on the ice.

on a side note: That stick flip flop he does when on PK and he is trying to block the shooting lanes is not effective and is really embarassing.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 09:04 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
he also is tied for the lead in +-

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 09:35 AM
Bouchard

Agreed with Souray, there is no reason to feel sorry for him..

Bouchard is offline   Reply With Quote