HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Roster Discussion II

Closed Thread

Old
06-30-2013, 01:13 PM
Reaper45

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter James Bond View Post
Yes.

I truly think these 4 are gone for good: Penner, Richardson, Scuderi, and Fraser. Of the 4, I think the Kings would love to keep Scuderi, but not for $4 million at 4 years. Just not possible or good for the Kings at that price and years.

As for Fraser, he wasn't as good last year as in 11-12 and either Lewis could play 4th ctr or Andreoff. Andreoff also brings a physical presence.
Do you think Fraser gets dealt because he's still signed.

Old
06-30-2013, 01:38 PM
jml87

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFan7824 View Post
At the same time, the Kings never get guys like Richards, Carter, Mitchell, or Scuderi without the cap.
The addition of the cap is fine, but they are now punishing the people who actually managed the cap well. Whereas the stupid GMs who just threw money at guys without looking at the math just get to erase their mistakes and start over.

Lombardi built a great well balanced team while being significantly under the cap. That's what it should be all about. Instead he's the one paying for it.

Old
06-30-2013, 01:41 PM
Peter James Bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Do you think Fraser gets dealt because he's still signed.
I think they are trying to move him. We'll see.

Old
06-30-2013, 06:25 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 34s

There's been progress in talks between Rob Scuderi and LA Kings this weekend. But still work to be done. Still not a slam dunk

Well then...

Old
07-01-2013, 01:51 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

I wonder if we resign scuds or not. I thought if we traded Amart or someone to move up into the draft would mean something since we have an abundance on defense. If dean thinks mitchell is gonna make a comeback I think they might let scuds walk if the money is too much.

Do any of you guys expect a trade soon to open up some cap? Minor trades for cap relief to resign Scuds.

Old
07-01-2013, 02:32 AM
Reclamation Project
Technically Missing

Scuds is gone as far as I'm concerned. Hopefully we'll have...

Regehr - Doughty
Mitchell - Voynov
Greene - Martinez

Muzzin

That's a solid defense and I'm a strong supporter of Martinez.

Old
07-01-2013, 02:37 AM
HolyShot*
Sniper

I still think we should go after a 4th d man in free agency or another route. You just can't depend on mitchell at this point. This is a business not a charity.

Old
07-01-2013, 02:41 AM
Reclamation Project
Technically Missing

Our current situation redefines the phrase "between a rock and a hard place..."

Old
07-01-2013, 02:41 AM
Winger23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 34s

There's been progress in talks between Rob Scuderi and LA Kings this weekend. But still work to be done. Still not a slam dunk

Well then...
Based on this and the fact DL did not give his rights away makes me believe they feel they can sign him. Not saying they will, but one has to believe they have to be closer than what is being said.

Old
07-01-2013, 02:52 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman47 View Post
I still think we should go after a 4th d man in free agency or another route. You just can't depend on mitchell at this point. This is a business not a charity.
Honestly our defense isn't bad. If Mitchell will play I think our need is more at Left wing, we had trouble scoring again last year. While we do need better defense I think offense needs more help.

Old
07-01-2013, 02:58 AM
Reclamation Project
Technically Missing

Our defense, with or without Scuds, is very, very good. Obviously I'd absolutely want him onboard, but not with an albatross contract like the one that's been rumored. Four to five years? Forget about it. Hang up the phone Dean and back away from the negotiating table. I'd offer three.

Plus I don't want to overpay on Scuds when our glaring issue, yet again, is on the left wing. I'd rather let Scuds walk and sign a potential top six winger.

So far, all signs point to WM coming back. That would be a MASSIVE addition.

Like I've said quite a few times, if there was one player on the Kings I would NEVER count out, it's WM.

Old
07-01-2013, 12:35 PM
funky

Okay. I love Scuds and hope we do sign him if the price fits, he got into the show late and hopefully that allows his body a few extra years of punishment. Saying that if he is signed:

Doughty Mitchell
Voynov. Scuderi
Greene. Martinez
Regehr. Muzzin
Ellerby

That is an impressive list if health is not an issue for Mitchell. Unfortunately we have a lot invested in 9 NHL ready Dman. I would like to think we could move one like Martinez, Muzzin or Ellerby but even if that is done we have 4 stay at home types making huge money in WM, RS, MG and RR. In a cap year that could be the difference in a top 6 LW

Looking at teams like Philly, Edm, NYR etc that could use a big stay at home guy we could get a decent return for one of these guys. Unfortunately we seem to have loyalty to each one. Greene fan favorite, Mitchell - unsung hero and only legit top pairing guy if he is back in form, RR and RS - just extended.

Which one goes? I would say Greene has the most trade value but he sets a presence back there. It will be a great offseason.

Old
07-03-2013, 05:20 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

@reallisa: From Rob Scuderi camp just now...no decision yet. As @Real_ESPNLeBrun noted earlier today, they are talking to other teams. #Kings

Old
07-03-2013, 05:33 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Doughty-Mitchell
Slava-Regehr
Greene-Mart/Muzz
Mart/Muzz

Perfect. No Ellerby. If Scuds does come back, I'm honestly REALLY worried what deal will do. The only D i want gone is Regehr but we all know that isn't happening sadly.

Old
07-03-2013, 06:06 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Seeing how Scuderi is intent on testing the market shows that the Kings were not making a rash decision when they elected to re-sign Regehr. They were likely aware it would be difficult to retain Scuderi.

Old
07-03-2013, 08:21 PM
Vic Vinegar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Seeing how Scuderi is intent on testing the market shows that the Kings were not making a rash decision when they elected to re-sign Regehr. They were likely aware it would be difficult to retain Scuderi.
I'm not sure why anyone would expect anything different from Lombardi. "Rash decision" isn't even in the guy's vocabulary.

Old
07-03-2013, 08:26 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Regehr also comes with a much cheaper pricetag.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Old
07-03-2013, 08:29 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Regehr also comes with a much cheaper pricetag.
You pay for what you get....

Old
07-03-2013, 08:32 PM
Richie10

Even if Mitchell isn't healthy, our D isn't a total disaster. We still have two dedicated SAH in Greene and Regehr. Muzzin should be better, Martinez likely has a bounce back year. Doughty and Voynov are there. Still a pretty good core with a lot of youth. If Mitchell is healthy we're as good as ever.

Never thought resigning Scuderi was an absolute must. We're really not in that bad of shape on the blueline, everything considered.

Old
07-03-2013, 08:46 PM
Vic Vinegar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
Even if Mitchell isn't healthy, our D isn't a total disaster. We still have two dedicated SAH in Greene and Regehr. Muzzin should be better, Martinez likely has a bounce back year. Doughty and Voynov are there. Still a pretty good core with a lot of youth. If Mitchell is healthy we're as good as ever.

Never thought resigning Scuderi was an absolute must. We're really not in that bad of shape on the blueline, everything considered.
Not to mention the fact that Quick will be playing with a healthy back, so he can help the D when needed.

Old
07-03-2013, 09:04 PM
kovacro
"Jazz Hands" by Alec

I'm sure Dean has a Plan B (sign another guy like Ference, etc.) or Plan C (trade for a guy like Grossman, etc.) Scuds has earned the right to go after top dollar and he deserves it, best of luck and thanks for bring a part of the Cup winning team in 2012.
It's not the end of the world. I trust the front office will find someone to come in and do a solid job in replacing Scuds. I just don't see us going with the guys we currently have minus Scuds & Ellerby. Someone else will be brought in.
We all know, despite positive news recently, Mitchell is still an uncertainty at this point as well.

Old
07-03-2013, 09:21 PM
Richie10

The only way I see Dean pulling a trigger for a Grossman trade is if Mitchell is going on the IR and its potentially part of a bigger deal (like trying to get both Grossman AND Read).

Old
07-03-2013, 09:43 PM
Johnny Utah

All this talk is a joke. Where does Scuderi fit in?

Doughty-RR
Voynov-Mitchell
Greene-Muzzin
Extra: Martinez

It's over. Kings won't play 4 stay at home guys and Greene, Mitchell, Scuderi or RR are never healthy scratches so that puts Muzzin, a promising young player in the press box with another relatively young player, Martinez.

I don't see this happening. Like Lombardi said in that interview, he tried to sign Scud's and RR at the same time and RR's camp was the only camp to give him a number...That was the nail in Scuderi's coffin. His agent wouldn't give a number because he wants to see what he can get as an UFA. Done.

Old
07-03-2013, 09:46 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

The Kings may look at some short term solutions if they feel the need to replace Scuderi. There are some names being made available due to buyouts, though I'm not sure how I feel about some of those names.

There are some guys who are up there in age who may be adequate on a one year deal, guys like Toni Lydman or Scott Hannan are the two names that stand out to me as those types. The second best option after Scuderi would be Andrew Ference, however, I think he may be looking at a longer term contract that the Kings may be reluctant to commit to.

Old
07-03-2013, 09:47 PM
Reclamation Project
Technically Missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
You pay for what you get....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post

The loss of Scuderi stinks, but the impact is grossly exaggerated on here. Our defense is awesome. Muzzin should be much better this season after last year's growth. I'm interested to see how he progresses.

Closed Thread