HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post-game quote (Souray appreciation thread)

Old
10-22-2006, 08:40 AM
Pepper

vCash: 500
As an outsider it looks like Habs have a real good chemistry now that Ribeiro's french-clique was removed from the lockerroom, Koivu, Souray and Rivet are all good friends and they command the lockerroom with great authority.

I'm impressed with Habs' team, I underestimated the negative effect Ribeiro and his buddies (Dagenais, Theo etc) had last season.

How's the french media taking this anyway?

Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 08:52 AM
Markimark

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Snake View Post
Looks who is was paired up with in the 1st period. His defensive partner gave the puck away on the 1st goal and left Souray out to dry. Put him with Markov and all these so called blunders disappear. OH and was the SPezza goal a blunder or a nice play by Spezza?
Get your facts straight WS. Both are left D and only play together on PP.
First goal was Niinimaa and Rivet but yes, you may have mistaken him for Souray. He got deeked out of his shorts the way Souray usually does forcing Rivet to defend against two guys.
Second goal Souray crossed over to Rivets side forcing Rivet to go after the man coming up the left so when the puck was shot over it was
Souray's man that scored. How is that his partners fault.
I like Souray and Rivet hasn't set the world on fire so far this year for whatever reason ( maybe his injuries )but he has taken a lot heat for his partners bad defensive play. In fairness to Rivet most of the mistakes are being made up the left side so why is it you feel the need to bash Craig Rivet trying to make your guy Souray less offensive. Your missing all the good things that Rivet does well. Like usual he goes about his business being a team leader and doing what he needs to do without a lot of fan fare.
WS, I suggest you tape the games like I do so you can replay them or get a good pair of glasses..lol.

Last edited by Markimark: 10-22-2006 at 09:09 AM.
Markimark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 09:03 AM
znk

He leads the team in goals and points. I think....too lazy to add up all the stats.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 09:12 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13 View Post
I will, i am i a huge Koivu fan. Leadership is found in many places throughout the dressing room. Koivu is a huge presence, as are players like Souray, and Rivet. These guys work together to create unity. Some guys will respond to Koivu's one on one discussions and hard work on the ice, some guys respond to the vocal "raw, raw" type displays by Souray and Rivet. Both are equally important.
+1

I just wish we had more quality depth on D so that we didn't have to use him so much during 5 on 5... same goes for rivet.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 09:56 AM
oli500

I said it before and all say it again. I can live with souray brain cramps because of two things.

1. Not many people has the kind of shot souray has. Just masive. When were on the pp and the other team lets him shoot, all we need is a guy infront of the goalie for a rebound or tip in. When other teams double team him they well sometimes forget about are fowards down low and the habs can make the cross ice play hapen. (ryder pp goal last night was a beauty but it happen because there were two guys covering souray given koivu the open space to make ryder the pass). Souray is so very important to are power play because of the attention he gets from other teams. Markov dosent get half of the attention souray gets and its not dandenault,rivet,streit whos going to generate that kind of attention.

2. When things get nasty urond the net souray well be the first one there to push people out of the way and protect his goalies. He will even drop the gloves if he has too and that of kind intimidating force is very important to have urond the net. Its not markov,streit,dandenault,rivet who going to scare the other team if they try to get to are goalie.

oli500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 10:20 AM
x-bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
He leads the team in goals and points. I think....too lazy to add up all the stats.
5 goals, 4 assists, 9 points...but a -4 I think

x-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 10:25 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
How's the french media taking this anyway?
The team's doing well, so neither the french nor the english media are stirring the pot at the moment.

The litmus test will be when the Habs hit a bump this season, at which point the french media will probably blame it on a lack of french players and the english media will blame it on the french media.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 10:59 AM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bob View Post
5 goals, 4 assists, 9 points...but a -4 I think
Yes well sinsce most or all his points are on the powerplay he doesent get a +

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 12:16 PM
Demogod*

Souray had 4 points and a +/- of -1 last night. Doesn't that mean he was on the ice for the Avs' 5 goals?

Interesting...

Demogod* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 12:20 PM
Phil Parent
Djee-zosse!

It's sad that, in all posibilities, Sheldon will leave us after this season at the latest.

I wish the man never had a kid to care about. He could have been a monster.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 12:23 PM
Hockeymom67

He 's a god in my eyes ...lol

Hockeymom67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 12:26 PM
x-bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demogod View Post
Souray had 4 points and a +/- of -1 last night. Doesn't that mean he was on the ice for the Avs' 5 goals?

Interesting...
nop...because he had 3 points on the PP

x-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 12:38 PM
Demogod*

I see. Thanks

Demogod* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 12:45 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Souray said he wanted to stay in Montreal last year I think it is plausable he will be back next season. I really do not know how Bob could justify not trying to bring him back if he stay's healthy and his shot keeps hitting the net.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 01:02 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slip Slidin' Slim View Post
I wouldn't go that far.
I would. Souray and Rivet bring alot to the room. That little thing they do where they stand by the exit at the end of the game and give every player a little tap and some encouragement is an example...Stuff like that brings the team together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuklZ View Post
ouch. I guess that Souray was a little pissed about Theos remarks on how the dressing room atmosphere is so much better in Colorado (which means it sucked in MTL)
It sucked because of Theo. They didn't like him. He's gone and now it doesn't suck anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henri2014 View Post
If he continues like that hes gonna be expensive...

Anyway he look like he worked on his shot this off season its on net most of the time.
I'm worried about his contract now...He's putting up McCabe type numbers and if he wants a McCabe contract...Well we have to let him go.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 01:14 PM
Habsfan18

Souray is leading the league in points for defenseman

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 01:19 PM
Phil Parent
Djee-zosse!

You know, if Souray makes that sacrifice again and stays here some more, and ends his career here, and keeps delivering the same stats year in, year out, he'd probably be worthy of being into the Habs Shrine at Bell Center.

Not a small feat since the only current Hab I could see that could be immortalized would be Koivu. Neither get their numbers pulled of course, but a plaque on the wall of the Bell Center is a big achievement.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 01:32 PM
Kruky

I don't remember him ever losing a fight either. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong

Kruky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 04:14 PM
MXD

I see Souray as No. 2 leader with the team, after Koivu.

MXD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 04:45 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Souray's leadership isn't as important as Koivu's on or off the ice. Of course, after a big win where Souray pots 2 key goals and 2 apples, most will disagree with me, but it's the truth.
"its the truth." I love when people use that line. Acting like they know what goes on in the lockerroom and in peoples heads.

And btw, this has nothing to do with a big game. He has been a leader for years.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 08:20 PM
Chocho39

Quote:
I wouldn't go that far.
Saku is the leader of this team period.

I like Sheldon but we cannot compare him with our captain, leader and best player.

Chocho39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 11:49 AM
Boulette Cannon

Sorry, but Sourray is always caught out of position and doesn't have any mobility. He's also a poor passer and he can't even cleanly check a guy. A defensemen should be able to play a good defensive and Sourray can't.

I'm sorry, but he's the weakest link..

Boulette Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 11:49 AM
Boulette Cannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
I see Souray as No. 2 leader with the team, after Koivu.
I think that would go to Rivet.

Boulette Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 01:35 PM
Bryzga lol*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuklZ View Post
ouch. I guess that Souray was a little pissed about Theos remarks on how the dressing room atmosphere is so much better in Colorado (which means it sucked in MTL)
The atmosphere is better for Theo in Colorado because they haven't started raging on him about how much he sucks.

And maybe coke is cheaper in Denver.....

Bryzga lol* is offline   Reply With Quote