HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why don't Kovalev snd Samsonov look happy when they scored?

Old
10-22-2006, 01:01 AM
Habitant#1

vCash: 500
Why don't Kovalev snd Samsonov look happy when they scored?

I was just watching highlights and they look like someone just ran over their dog. What gives?

Edit: Could Kovalev be upset he lost his buddy Ribeiro? He liked playing with him and they watched the superbowl together.

Edit2: After reading the replies I have come up with a theory: Kovalev and Samsonov are just so ELITE that scoring unemotional goals just doesn't phase them anymore. I like it!

Last edited by Habitant#1: 10-22-2006 at 11:51 AM.
Habitant#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 01:03 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
They are not the only ones in the league.Not everyone is like Ovechkin!!!

Don't worry about that,it's just minor details so that 110% has something to talk about

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 01:10 AM
CourtnallRocks

Has anyone noticed Sakic celebrate after he scores? Exactly. I think the same applies here. Scoring goals is thier job...

CourtnallRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 01:12 AM
PanniniClaus

Samsonov is upset because he knows the more he scores the more it is expected.

PanniniClaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 01:14 AM
marvelousmotion

lol, how about : has anyone seen Rivet's reaction after his goal ? priceless..

marvelousmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 01:15 AM
Phil Parent
Djee-zosse!

Rivet was RABID after his goal!

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 01:19 AM
madbox

Sammy was pointing to Kovy saying something. I'm figuring along the lines of that goal being all Kovy.

*this forum is screwy

madbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 01:31 AM
Sthabs

When Samso scored he did released a little smile.....I m happy for him
and when Kovy scored he looked at Samso and nod his head meaning good job I guess, I know they cut right before it in the highlights...

Sthabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 01:32 AM
The n00b King ©*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
I think you're right...and it's the same thing with the majority of the players...

Kovy is really happy when he scores a big goal...don't really know for Samsonov.
when he scored the game tying goal against ottawa he was pretty happy

but i agree with the poster above...these guys are experienced, it's not like it's their first NHL goal. They're happy inside, and when it's a GWG or something, then they celebrate. Remember Kovy in the playoffs?

The n00b King ©* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 01:41 AM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Who cares if they celebrate (although it does make it more exciting) as long as the score.
Also have to agree big time players celebrate when the time is right, I bet sammy would smile and act excuted if he scored an OT winner or something along those line!

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 02:10 AM
Tray4Adams

Souray doesn't really get excited at all either.

Tray4Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 03:20 AM
jordi

Maybe the fans wont stop trying to flick stuff at them.

jordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 05:48 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant#1 View Post
I was just watching highlights and they look like someone just ran over their dog. What gives?

Edit: Could Kovalev be upset he lost his buddy Ribeiro? He liked playing with him and they watched the superbowl together.
Its their style.

Kovalev kinda has that "That was easy, watch me do it again" attitude... I like it

But if he has a multi goal game or if the game has high importance, you'll see alot more emotion out of him.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 06:03 AM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Because they are Russians.

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 06:13 AM
Marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanniniClaus View Post
Samsonov is upset because he knows the more he scores the more it is expected.
Rather these couple goals were long over due. Carbo has said couple times he wants production from his 2nd line ... maybe they are into mood next game.

PS. How did my message end up in the middle of the thread...?

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 06:14 AM
Ciccarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant#1 View Post
Is it just me, or does that sentence sound a little bit gay...

Ciccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 07:54 AM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Not all players are like Higgins who does that leg-lifting fist-pumping thing with a big smile on his face. Kovy and Sammy would smile if they scored a milestone goal or a big OT goal. You saw Kovy last year. Souray only smiled when he scored his nice goal vs the Pens.

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 08:01 AM
Joe Cole

The whole "Kovalev doesn't celebrate like he just won the lottery after every goal" is an idea that was started by ...who else... the genius himself... Michel Bergeron. It was just another way to say that there was another immigrant stealing a job away from a good ol' Quebecois.

Don't even waste another scond thinking about it.

btw... I do not believe that Maurice Richard through his gloves in the air and freaked out everytime he scored either.

Goal celebrations are fine occassionaly when the circumstances fit. But I prefer a football player who throws the ball over his shoulder and just runs back to the bench, rather then some elborate dance with all his team mates dancing in synch. That is just pain tired.

Same for hockey.

Why can't we just be happy when Kovalev and Samsonov score? Why must they perform like a circus moneky for us too?

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 09:57 AM
mcphee

When you're down 3-0 and you get a goal or 2, like Souray did, you don't start dancing because you are embarassed at getting behind 3-0. 1 goal doesn't make up for it. The message is and should be, 'fine,we got a goal but we haven't made up for anything yet'. The Kovy line scoring, while a beautiful goal that requires a lot of talent, doesn't make up for their poor showing in the 1st 6 games, a fact that pros like Samsonov and kovy are well aware of. I think they show the right sentiment.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 10:01 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
The whole "Kovalev doesn't celebrate like he just won the lottery after every goal" is an idea that was started by ...who else... the genius himself... Michel Bergeron. It was just another way to say that there was another immigrant stealing a job away from a good ol' Quebecois.

Don't even waste another scond thinking about it.

btw... I do not believe that Maurice Richard through his gloves in the air and freaked out everytime he scored either.

Goal celebrations are fine occassionaly when the circumstances fit. But I prefer a football player who throws the ball over his shoulder and just runs back to the bench, rather then some elborate dance with all his team mates dancing in synch. That is just pain tired.

Same for hockey.

Why can't we just be happy when Kovalev and Samsonov score? Why must they perform like a circus moneky for us too?
Don't know if you caught the Als debacle yesterday. Behind by a bunch, Kerry Watkins caght a short pass for a touchdown and starts some pre-planned routine that seemed to involve him playing a trumpet. I know I'm of an age when i saw Hal Patterson walk over to the ref and hand him the ball and shake hands with his teammates, but to celebrate when way behind is like wearing an I'm An Idiot sign. I get how the CFL has to sell the personalty more than other leagues, but players have to understand when it makes sense.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 10:19 AM
turnbuckle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strazzobosco View Post
Well, Samsonov's nor Kovalev's goals were or game tieing or game winning goal; I think that's when those two really celebrate. Other times, yeah its more like "well, at least we won't be embarassed" type of celebration.
I agree, and it's one of the reasons why Rivet celebrated so much when he scored..he thought it might be the winning goal...little did he know the Habs were just getting started.

Sammy cracked a smile at Kovy right after, but he soon changed it to "let's get back to business" look. I don't think he's totally satisfied with his start either, and I got the impression that he's a little self conscious about it and wants to impress the fans positively, and that would include not overly celebrating a goal that still meant his team was trailing in the game.

turnbuckle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 10:23 AM
Strazzobosco

Well, Samsonov's nor Kovalev's goals were or game tieing or game winning goal; I think that's when those two really celebrate. Other times, yeah its more like "well, at least we won't be embarassed" type of celebration.

Strazzobosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 10:24 AM
oli500

Did anyone see souray reaction after his first goal, he had none. It was more of a pissed off kind of look trying to get his teamates going. When your down and youve played a bad game your not allways happy.

oli500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 10:26 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strazzobosco View Post
I think you're right...and it's the same thing with the majority of the players...

Kovy is really happy when he scores a big goal...don't really know for Samsonov.

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 10:27 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

lol I think Samsonov was just surprised the puck even came to his stick. He looked right at Kovalev after the goal and looked amazed..

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote