HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Theodore and Brisbois Pay Teamates for Montreal Game!!

Old
10-21-2006, 11:23 PM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Theodore and Brisbois Pay Teamates for Montreal Game!!

I know Patrick Roy did it when he came back to montreal but i mean he was pissed off at the habs organization...

Breezy and theo put 10K$ on the line if the Avs won...

i just find it a bit odd cause onviously it's not like 10K$ split 22 ways would mean much to any player on the team...but i find it funny how much they wanted this and just how bitter they came out...

anyone see brisbois roll his eyes at the end of the game?

and theo blaming the penalties...i mean common Avs only had 1 less PP than us

Oh Theo Theo Theo....

Kingbobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 11:39 PM
Artyukhin*

wonder how much was wagered on the betting lines tonight in the city of montreal .

always excuse after excuse with the 5.5 million dollar man
goona blame it on wide open hockey now pleassssssssssse
who was he angry at? the avs even today are better than some of the teams he back stopped in montreal . why is his goals against avg over 3.30 again this year? Next he will blame it on Jeff Hackett

stop with the excuses and just stop the pucks .

"Wide open hockey is never an ideal situation for any goaltender," said an angry Theodore, adding that the jeering from the seats was what he expected.

Last edited by Artyukhin*: 10-22-2006 at 09:04 AM.
Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 11:42 PM
znk

It's done all the time....

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 11:46 PM
HF-Addict

I thought betting was prohibited? (I know they bet on their team to win) But isn't it ruled out just the same?

HF-Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 11:49 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict View Post
I thought betting was prohibited? (I know they bet on their team to win) But isn't it ruled out just the same?
I wouldnt call it a bet when no one loses anything in one of the options.
Anyway like I said its nothing new...wether it be a guy paying the food for the team meal or what ever...it's done all the time.

Old
10-21-2006, 11:54 PM
HF-Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
I wouldnt call it a bet when no one loses anything in one of the options.
Anyway like I said its nothing new...wether it be a guy paying the food for the team meal or what ever...it's done all the time.
k get it now, they would give 10 k to their teammates had they won the game, I read it like they had 10k on the line with the habs, my mistake.

HF-Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 12:29 AM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albino View Post
Heaven forbid people boo opposition players...

It's like some people on these boards think a game should be a night at the opera. Fans should do everything they can to get under the opposition's skin, and who knows that may have played a factor tonight.

Well do act like spoiled brats. He gave us a couple of good years. He strart playing bad...and we treat him like dirt. I'd feel betrayed if I was in his place....being treated that way by the people of your own city. Yeah he sucked...but it never was his intention.

edit: Hey...that's cool...I quote a post...but I'm above it. (It's dated 10:42 am)

Old
10-22-2006, 12:29 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complaining Customer View Post
come on he was set up to fall and by the managment of his own team . End of story .

He wasnt angry at the fans for booing he knew it was coming . marked it on his calander to come here to shove it in all the montreal fans faces.

didnt happen that way tho .

the AVS should have never left him in for all 8 goals ,espically with his fragile confidence IMHO period end of story.

They bought damaged good last season wether they admit it or not and threw him right square into the fire . There bet didnt pay off . This did more damage to him that you will ever belive

It was a lose lose situation . If he gets blown out he looks bad if they yanked him after 6 he loooks even worse .

i still think he should have never been started in the first place. plant his rear on the bench and only boo's he get is during the pre game , but that just my opinion . why risk it so early in the year?

there now stuck with a 5.5 million dollar emotional wreck so called number 1 .

Montreal had alot less to lose to be honest .it's easier to sit a 2 million dollar goalie out with a busted ego in Montreal after getting hammered as opposed to a 5.5 million dollar goalie in Colorado who they bascially ended up dismantling there team to make room for Theo's contract . Abby was never touted as the next Patrick Roy here in Montreal on the flip side we all seen the articles of how Colorado fleeced the Habs again Roy part II. Its still early but the real Patrick Roy is now retired .
There was only 1 ST Patrick.

Roland Mealson was correct last season his x goalie coach questioned wether Theo would ever be the same goalie due to the equipment changes . He lost it just as many of us said last year.

When does it start snowing in Colorado ?Steps should be getting icy again soon .

Theo is happy now with going to monday night football and no one recognizing him , that's what he said yesterday .Careful what ya wish for .

After a few more games like tonight him and Daganais might be teamates within 365 days .

Patrick Lalime couldnt bounce back after getting shattered .
reminds me alot of Theo .

Last edited by Darz: 10-23-2006 at 08:59 AM.
Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 01:13 AM
Tray4Adams

Roy actually put 20 G's on the table when he came back.

I guess 7500 from Theo and 2500 from Brisebois doesnt cut it

Tray4Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 01:42 AM
Mr. Hab

When a goalie who makes $5.5-6 million/year then he better deliever, especially in Montreal...

If he disappoints, then he is letting down 2-3-4...million Hab fans down...
We have a right to boo...

Remember...we cheered like there was no tomorrow when Theo did well (which wasn't often enough).

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 06:51 AM
jazzyreg

Send a message via AIM to jazzyreg Send a message via MSN to jazzyreg
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
come on he was set up to fall and by the managment of his own team . End of story .
Finally, someone I agree with.

Something has to be said about someone who would keep him in net for 8 goals. Even Brodeur got pulled last night after 6. It was like a punishment!

After all the hype and pressure that was put on him in this game, Jose Theodore just failed his team ... why not keep him in to punish him and make him feel even worse about being a miserable failure than by holding him out for all his former fans to see and boo. As if having to play for the Avs isn't shame enough, your former team, your current team's management and all the fans just owed you. And not that Jose was mentally stable to begin with, but who knows if he can ever recover from a situation like this mentally. After all the verbal diahrrea he spewed all week, bagging on the city of Montreal and even making statements like no one picked up my charity work after I was gone. Real class act. He deserved this.

And you know I know there's a lot of talk about Brisebois coming in and being booed but I honestly think he came into Montreal and did what he wanted. He didn't win the game but he still got two points out of it which is pretty impressive for a D-man whose team just got their ***** handed to them because of bad goaltending. Not just bad goaltending, CONSISTENTLY BAD goaltending. Good on you Breezer. Good on you.

jazzyreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 07:04 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Obviously Theo and Breezy were looking for revenge vs the Habs, or else they would not have put down this much $$$ for this game (it wasn't done for fun, it was for revenge).

Good riddance to Theo who never delivered the goods for us. He always celebrated after (if there was one!) a 1st round victory like it was a Stanley Cup victory...celebrated too early IMO...
Are you blaming Theodore for not making it out of round one? He was indeed the only reason we made the playoffs a couple times.

And never getting it done for us? Ummm

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 07:06 AM
larue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
They bought damaged good last season wether they admit it or not and threw him right square into the fire . There bet didnt pay off . This did more damage to him that you will ever belive

there now stuck with a 5.5 million dollar emotional wreck so called number 1 .
And where is Pierre Lacoix now..................

larue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 07:39 AM
sourgrapes*

the avs

have one star.. Joe Sakic! I think the abs should trade for him (rumor)

sourgrapes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 08:51 AM
goalchenyuk

Most of the players that have been traded are doing the same thing , when they are playing for the first time , againts their previous team . Even coaches sometime do that .

May be , the only thing that is different here , is that those players are facing a more stupid crowd , that likes to booed players of their own team .

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 09:04 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:

I think you missed the point tonight. It wasn't really about disrepecting Theodore and Brisebois. It was about getting them out of their games and it was an emotional game for everyone in the Bell Center. What did you wanted the crowd to do? Cheer for the Avs? Get a life.

Last edited by Darz: 10-23-2006 at 09:02 AM. Reason: edit quote
ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 09:14 AM
mcphee

As for putting $ down, I will give credit to Brisebois who put 50K down on Ste. Justine's hospital.

We've gone over booing and returning player's a lot here. I wouldn't boo. Well, it would really take something pathetic for me to boo a Hab. The booing of returning players has become a sport, fans feel more entitled now, maybe they should in that they pay silly prices to attend games and feel more ownership. I don't really like that whole vicious circle,but that's another issue.

When players put sums of cash on the line, to me it illustrates the arrogance that goes with the $ they make these days. To stand up and say, 'big game boys, me'n Pat want this one badly, so you know who picks up the cheque if we win',
is what I'd rather hear.

otoh, they didn't invent the custom, so what the heck.

As for whether Theo should have played, he's a highly paid, elite athlete that if he wants to continue being one, has to embrace the biggest challenges. If you are paid to be 'The Guy', you have to want the net when the spotlight is on. You don't hide.

Brisebois, well, I never hated or even dis-liked the guy. A lot of fans made him their poster child and were unfair,imo, but the 'gutless bastidges who hide where they can't be seen' as Gainey called them, apparently still have tickets so they were heard last night. PB, I'm sure will end his career in a year or 2, and lead a happy life.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 09:25 AM
mcphee

Quote:
I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Theo had a year in 02-03 [?] that may have been as good a stretch of goal tending as I've seen. Last year, his 2/3 of a season was as bad as I've seen in my 40 odd years of watching the CH play. Theo was given a long lead by the fans last year. There are cities that would have been tougher earlier than the Bell Ctr. was on Theo., yeah, Philly comes to mind.

Theo was/is his own worst enemy in terms of public perception. He embraced being a 'rock star', liked the advantages it gave him. When you live loud, you hear loud coming back at you when things go bad. If you're a multi millionnaire parading your lifestyle in public, you're only loved when you keep the puck out. I believe there were some unfair things done to him thru the media, TVA, in particular, but last night wasn't really unfair.

Fans singling out opposition players is the current way of them trying to be part of the game. I'm glad Theo beat the bruins twice in the po's, I'm also glad the cH put 8 behind him last night.

If you think Mtl are worse than any other fans, [are you really from Philly ], you have a pre-conceived notion.

Last edited by Darz: 10-23-2006 at 09:01 AM. Reason: edit quote
mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 09:42 AM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Heaven forbid people boo opposition players...

It's like some people on these boards think a game should be a night at the opera. Fans should do everything they can to get under the opposition's skin, and who knows that may have played a factor tonight.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 09:46 AM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Hope you don't get a nosebleed up there on your high horse.

I'm honestly sick of people telling fans what they should and shouldn't do at games. These people fill the seats every night, regardless of how good the team is, supporting it through thick and thin and if they ever voice their displeasure it's suddenly "classless." And not even towards our own players now, but the opposition players. Is it classless to boo Joe Thornton or Eric Lindros or Jaromir Jagr?

Hockey games are for the entertainment of the fans. If you don't like a player, you're allowed to say it as loud as you want.

"Class." Don't give me this "class" BS. If a lot of people had it their way here people would be ashamed to be Habs fans.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 10:52 AM
Mad Habber

Well I remember having Theo in goal for Mtl, playing in another ream's rink, and a taunting chant of "Theeee-ooooo" breaking out. I remember Roy with the "Roooo-aaah" again in other rinks. Then there are other times in Mtl where it is the opposition that gets the same treatment at the Bell Centre or the old Forum. Every time Lindros comes to town, he gets booed every time he touches the puck. This happens all the time in the NHL, probably almost every night in one rink or another. Especially at the start of the games, and at the end, mostly when the local team has the game in hand. No big deal I think. I'm sure both players expected it. THey still have some local fans and friends and some people who think they are above this behavior. Now both are on their way back to Denver and can console each other with the thoughts of their next paychecks and the fact that they won't be back here for another 3 years, unless we meet in the finals or they end up on different teams.

Mad Habber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 11:12 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbobert View Post
I know Patrick Roy did it when he came back to montreal but i mean he was pissed off at the habs organization...

Breezy and theo put 10K$ on the line if the Avs won...i just find it a bit odd cause onviously it's not like 10K$ split 22 ways would mean much to any player on the team...but i find it funny how much they wanted this and just how bitter they came out...

anyone see brisbois roll his eyes at the end of the game?

and theo blaming the penalties...i mean common Avs only had 1 less PP than us

Oh Theo Theo Theo....
Obviously Theo and Breezy were looking for revenge vs the Habs, or else they would not have put down this much $$$ for this game (it wasn't done for fun, it was for revenge).

Good riddance to Theo who never delivered the goods for us. He always celebrated after (if there was one!) a 1st round victory like it was a Stanley Cup victory...celebrated too early IMO...

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote