HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oilers-bruins

Old
07-01-2013, 11:00 AM
underdog

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tookey98 View Post
To the oilers- seguin
To Boston- yakupov

Boston want a rw and oilers would look good with seguin and hall on the same line
I think Eberle for Seguin would be the best deal for both teams since both have about equal value and salary. I would be hesitant to trade Yak after one season in the league. Boston fans are funny weren't they ready to chase this kid out of town after the finals and now they are doing a complete 180.

underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 11:06 AM
Eennad142

Quote:
Originally Posted by frag2 View Post
Supposedly Tambo had asked Chiarelli what he would want for the 2nd pick. Chiarelli said Eberle and Hemsky and Tambo declined because he didn't want to part with Eberle.
This is how myths are born from draft day unsubstantiated rumors. Boston receives chance at top two pick maybe once every twenty years. Boston had no intention of trading that pick, ever, with the exception of switcheroo of picks 1 and 2.

Last edited by Eennad142: 07-01-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Eennad142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 11:12 AM
frag2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eennad142 View Post
This is how myths are born from draft day unsubstantiated rumors. Boston receives chance at top two pick maybe once every twenty years. Boston had no intention of trading that pick, ever.
It was reported by Farhan Lalji at the draft day party in Rexall IIRC.

frag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 11:14 AM
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard

I thought Tambo offered Eberle + Hemsky and PC declined.

Sloth Slothersons* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 11:17 AM
Eennad142

Quote:
Originally Posted by frag2 View Post
It was reported by Farhan Lalji at the draft day party in Rexall IIRC.
Lots of reporters, who just love rumors swirling around on draft day. That's why people say 'supposedly'. Do you have it live, on tape?

Eennad142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 11:28 AM
underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth Slothersons View Post
I thought Tambo offered Eberle + Hemsky and PC declined.
Even if that deal was or wasn't offered at that draft a lot happens in 3 years especially in the hockey world so it has no bearing in this thread.

underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:02 PM
frag2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eennad142 View Post
Lots of reporters, who just love rumors swirling around on draft day. That's why people say 'supposedly'. Do you have it live, on tape?
Might be on youtube. I think someone had uploaded the whole 2010 draft

frag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:06 PM
jgoud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsHockey74 View Post
The Bruins are a classy organization.

Sliding across 3/4 length of the ice on your knees after scoring a goal does not demonstrate class, but rather selfishness. He wants the spotlight on himself. Yakupov would not fit with the Bruins team members, or the organization/city as a whole.

Bigtime pass from the Bruins. Wouldn't touch that cocky of a player with a 10 foot pole.
O shut up you would be an idiot to not trade Seguin for Yakupov... Seguin was completely invisible in the playoffs and if you had yakupov he would have actually contributed, even if it was on the 3rd line.

jgoud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:10 PM
KlimasLoveChild

One guy is butter soft, has a gimped hip and recently called out for lack of professionalism....easy pass for the oilers

KlimasLoveChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:16 PM
Maj. Conn Smythe

Edmonton would have the Taylor versus Tyler debate all over again if this trade were to happen. It would also be the 1-2 punch line.

1927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:19 PM
archangel archangel

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tookey98 View Post
To the oilers- seguin
To Boston- yakupov

Boston want a rw and oilers would look good with seguin and hall on the same line
Yakupov showed enough this too be worth more

archangel archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:38 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

Yakupov lives to play hockey. Seguin plays hockey to make a living.

I would much rather have Yakupov than Seguin.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:57 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoud View Post
O shut up you would be an idiot to not trade Seguin for Yakupov... Seguin was completely invisible in the playoffs and if you had yakupov he would have actually contributed, even if it was on the 3rd line.
I love statements like this. Such certainty that Yakupov would have contributed to the Bruins more than Seguin with a long history of playoffs to fall back on for Nail. Those 6 games in junior should easily equate to NHL playoff contribution, I agree.

I find it utterly ridiculous that people who have no knowledge of a player besides what they hear on the internet find it necessary to attack a person's character off the ice. The same kind of crap I read about Subban time and time again. But but but, I heard he once did something silly as a 19 year old millionaire child OH NO CALL THE COPS FOLKS!

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:58 PM
Starat327

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoud View Post
Call me crazy, but it seems like Yakupov was invisible in the playoffs too. Oh, wait...

The guy has an off year/series/stretch and all of a sudden hes awful? Please. I'm not even a Boston fan, but I see enough of him to know he has the skill and talent to be the real deal. He looked real good when put on the top line when Horton went out in game 2(?).

RNH dropped his PPG by over .2 this year. Clearly he is regressing, and should be traded, right?

Starat327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 01:13 PM
Fourier

Quote:

Sliding across 3/4 length of the ice on your knees after scoring a goal does not demonstrate class, but rather selfishness. He wants the spotlight on himself. Yakupov would not fit with the Bruins team members, or the organization/city as a whole.

Bigtime pass from the Bruins. Wouldn't touch that cocky of a player with a 10 foot pole.
You are perpetuating a myth that simply is not true. By all accounts his teammates love the kid and he is a consummate team first guy. Why not comment on his work ethic which is absolutely stellar, or the fact that down the stretch when the team really needed wins he was diving in front of shots face first and was one of the few Oilers who actually seemed to care. Are these characteristics that the Bruins would approve of or are they all meaningless because a 19 year old he takes some of his goal celebrations a little too far.?

Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 01:21 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
You are perpetuating a myth that simply is not true. By all accounts his teammates love the kid and he is a consummate team first guy. Why not comment on his work ethic which is absolutely stellar, or the fact that down the stretch when the team really needed wins he was diving in front of shots face first and was one of the few Oilers who actually seemed to care. Are these characteristics that the Bruins would approve of or are they all meaningless because a 19 year old he takes some of his goal celebrations a little too far.?
Honestly, his goal celebration wasn't even too far. All of the EC people were in bed by the time it happened, so they simply saw only his celebration on the highlights without actually understanding the context.

They were down by 1 goal late against the defending Stanley Cup champs. RNH scored but the goal was called back on a questionable call. The crowd was absolutely livid after that call and the tension in the stadium was palpable. Yak rarely got to play in those situations, but he went out there with the net empty and scored with seconds left to tie the game. The goal itself was pretty awesome too.

Playing that off as being selfish shows that:
a) you don't understand the context
b) you don't understand the concept of selfish celebrations

Old
07-01-2013, 01:51 PM
BruinsHockey74

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
Honestly, his goal celebration wasn't even too far. All of the EC people were in bed by the time it happened, so they simply saw only his celebration on the highlights without actually understanding the context.

They were down by 1 goal late against the defending Stanley Cup champs. RNH scored but the goal was called back on a questionable call. The crowd was absolutely livid after that call and the tension in the stadium was palpable. Yak rarely got to play in those situations, but he went out there with the net empty and scored with seconds left to tie the game. The goal itself was pretty awesome too.

Playing that off as being selfish shows that:
a) you don't understand the context
b) you don't understand the concept of selfish celebrations
I'm pretty sure everyone understands the context of what was going on. I don't want to get this thread off topic, but...

You can not sit here and tell me that skating away from your team mates, pushing through them aside to get to the tops of the circles to drop to your knees at center ice spinning around with spotlights on you, is not selfish.

I would argue that Patrice Bergeron was in a similar situation, tieing game 7 against the Leafs (I was there). Scored the goal, turned around down to one knee fist pump, then opened his arms to his teammates before hugging them and patting them. Or when he won the game he turned around and skated to Chara while enjoying the moment with his teammates. I would argue that both of those moments held a greater "context" than Yakupov's goal during the regular season.

BruinsHockey74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 02:10 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

Quote:
I'm pretty sure everyone understands the context of what was going on. I don't want to get this thread off topic, but...

You can not sit here and tell me that skating away from your team mates, pushing through them aside to get to the tops of the circles to drop to your knees at center ice spinning around with spotlights on you, is not selfish.

I would argue that Patrice Bergeron was in a similar situation, tieing game 7 against the Leafs (I was there). Scored the goal, turned around down to one knee fist pump, then opened his arms to his teammates before hugging them and patting them. Or when he won the game he turned around and skated to Chara while enjoying the moment with his teammates. I would argue that both of those moments held a greater "context" than Yakupov's goal during the regular season.
Patrice Bergeron was a seasoned pro at that point, not a rookie coming over from Russia who had just scored his second goal of his NHL career. It was the biggest goal of his life.

You don't need passion to play the game at a high level (even world class level - e.g. Lidstrom). However, playing with passion isn't a detriment, especially when the player lives and breathes hockey.

Old
07-01-2013, 02:25 PM
Slicknitty
The Ghost of Eberle

vCash: 391
so...you guys dont want yak because of his cellys?

okay.

we werent going to give him to you anyway

Slicknitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 02:26 PM
vespa99

Seguin is a good player but a polite no thank you from the Oil. I like Yak much better

vespa99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 02:32 PM
shizan

Oilers counter with Bergeron for Horcoff. Just as likely of a trade...

shizan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 02:33 PM
Spawn

Value could be argued either way. Both teams likely keep their respective players. Yakupov being on an ELC for the next 2 seasons holds more value to the Oilers though I imagine.

It is sort of funny though that you have the Bruin's GM calling Seguin out about not being enough of a professional and needing to focus on being a hockey player. But Yakupov is the one of questionable character because of an excessive celebration 4 or 5 games into his career.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 02:48 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
Value could be argued either way. Both teams likely keep their respective players. Yakupov being on an ELC for the next 2 seasons holds more value to the Oilers though I imagine.

It is sort of funny though that you have the Bruin's GM calling Seguin out about not being enough of a professional and needing to focus on being a hockey player. But Yakupov is the one of questionable character because of an excessive celebration 4 or 5 games into his career.
Its even funnier that its what...one poster or something? Who is beating that drum?

bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 02:52 PM
Dr Awesome
Bo "knows" Horvat

Not horrible, but the Oilers should pass no real reason for them to make the trade Bruins as well.

Dr Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 02:53 PM
Qrispy

Quote:

Brad Marchand.

Your entire post is now invalidated.

Qrispy is offline   Reply With Quote