HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oilers-bruins

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-01-2013, 11:00 AM
  #26
underdog
Registered User
 
underdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tookey98 View Post
To the oilers- seguin
To Boston- yakupov

Boston want a rw and oilers would look good with seguin and hall on the same line
I think Eberle for Seguin would be the best deal for both teams since both have about equal value and salary. I would be hesitant to trade Yak after one season in the league. Boston fans are funny weren't they ready to chase this kid out of town after the finals and now they are doing a complete 180.

underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 11:06 AM
  #27
Eennad142
Registered User
 
Eennad142's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frag2 View Post
Supposedly Tambo had asked Chiarelli what he would want for the 2nd pick. Chiarelli said Eberle and Hemsky and Tambo declined because he didn't want to part with Eberle.
This is how myths are born from draft day unsubstantiated rumors. Boston receives chance at top two pick maybe once every twenty years. Boston had no intention of trading that pick, ever, with the exception of switcheroo of picks 1 and 2.


Last edited by Eennad142: 07-01-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Eennad142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 11:12 AM
  #28
frag2
Registered User
 
frag2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eennad142 View Post
This is how myths are born from draft day unsubstantiated rumors. Boston receives chance at top two pick maybe once every twenty years. Boston had no intention of trading that pick, ever.
It was reported by Farhan Lalji at the draft day party in Rexall IIRC.

frag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 11:14 AM
  #29
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,329
vCash: 500
I thought Tambo offered Eberle + Hemsky and PC declined.

Sloth Slothersons* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 11:17 AM
  #30
Eennad142
Registered User
 
Eennad142's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frag2 View Post
It was reported by Farhan Lalji at the draft day party in Rexall IIRC.
Lots of reporters, who just love rumors swirling around on draft day. That's why people say 'supposedly'. Do you have it live, on tape?

Eennad142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 11:28 AM
  #31
underdog
Registered User
 
underdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth Slothersons View Post
I thought Tambo offered Eberle + Hemsky and PC declined.
Even if that deal was or wasn't offered at that draft a lot happens in 3 years especially in the hockey world so it has no bearing in this thread.

underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:02 PM
  #32
frag2
Registered User
 
frag2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eennad142 View Post
Lots of reporters, who just love rumors swirling around on draft day. That's why people say 'supposedly'. Do you have it live, on tape?
Might be on youtube. I think someone had uploaded the whole 2010 draft

frag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:06 PM
  #33
jgoud*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsHockey74 View Post
The Bruins are a classy organization.

Sliding across 3/4 length of the ice on your knees after scoring a goal does not demonstrate class, but rather selfishness. He wants the spotlight on himself. Yakupov would not fit with the Bruins team members, or the organization/city as a whole.

Bigtime pass from the Bruins. Wouldn't touch that cocky of a player with a 10 foot pole.
O shut up you would be an idiot to not trade Seguin for Yakupov... Seguin was completely invisible in the playoffs and if you had yakupov he would have actually contributed, even if it was on the 3rd line.

jgoud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:10 PM
  #34
KlimasLoveChild
Registered User
 
KlimasLoveChild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The Toilet of Canada
Posts: 1,789
vCash: 500
One guy is butter soft, has a gimped hip and recently called out for lack of professionalism....easy pass for the oilers

KlimasLoveChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:16 PM
  #35
1927
Maj. Conn Smythe
 
1927's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Brock, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,721
vCash: 500
Edmonton would have the Taylor versus Tyler debate all over again if this trade were to happen. It would also be the 1-2 punch line.

1927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:19 PM
  #36
archangel archangel
Registered User
 
archangel archangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,415
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tookey98 View Post
To the oilers- seguin
To Boston- yakupov

Boston want a rw and oilers would look good with seguin and hall on the same line
Yakupov showed enough this too be worth more

archangel archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:38 PM
  #37
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan
 
5RingsAndABeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 12,097
vCash: 50
Yakupov lives to play hockey. Seguin plays hockey to make a living.

I would much rather have Yakupov than Seguin.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:57 PM
  #38
Habsawce
Registered User
 
Habsawce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 17,748
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoud View Post
O shut up you would be an idiot to not trade Seguin for Yakupov... Seguin was completely invisible in the playoffs and if you had yakupov he would have actually contributed, even if it was on the 3rd line.
I love statements like this. Such certainty that Yakupov would have contributed to the Bruins more than Seguin with a long history of playoffs to fall back on for Nail. Those 6 games in junior should easily equate to NHL playoff contribution, I agree.

I find it utterly ridiculous that people who have no knowledge of a player besides what they hear on the internet find it necessary to attack a person's character off the ice. The same kind of crap I read about Subban time and time again. But but but, I heard he once did something silly as a 19 year old millionaire child OH NO CALL THE COPS FOLKS!

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:58 PM
  #39
Starat327
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoud View Post
O shut up you would be an idiot to not trade Seguin for Yakupov... Seguin was completely invisible in the playoffs and if you had yakupov he would have actually contributed, even if it was on the 3rd line.
Call me crazy, but it seems like Yakupov was invisible in the playoffs too. Oh, wait...

The guy has an off year/series/stretch and all of a sudden hes awful? Please. I'm not even a Boston fan, but I see enough of him to know he has the skill and talent to be the real deal. He looked real good when put on the top line when Horton went out in game 2(?).

RNH dropped his PPG by over .2 this year. Clearly he is regressing, and should be traded, right?

Starat327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 01:13 PM
  #40
Fourier
Registered User
 
Fourier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Waterloo Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsHockey74 View Post
The Bruins are a classy organization.

Sliding across 3/4 length of the ice on your knees after scoring a goal does not demonstrate class, but rather selfishness. He wants the spotlight on himself. Yakupov would not fit with the Bruins team members, or the organization/city as a whole.

Bigtime pass from the Bruins. Wouldn't touch that cocky of a player with a 10 foot pole.
You are perpetuating a myth that simply is not true. By all accounts his teammates love the kid and he is a consummate team first guy. Why not comment on his work ethic which is absolutely stellar, or the fact that down the stretch when the team really needed wins he was diving in front of shots face first and was one of the few Oilers who actually seemed to care. Are these characteristics that the Bruins would approve of or are they all meaningless because a 19 year old he takes some of his goal celebrations a little too far.?

Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 01:21 PM
  #41
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan
 
5RingsAndABeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 12,097
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
You are perpetuating a myth that simply is not true. By all accounts his teammates love the kid and he is a consummate team first guy. Why not comment on his work ethic which is absolutely stellar, or the fact that down the stretch when the team really needed wins he was diving in front of shots face first and was one of the few Oilers who actually seemed to care. Are these characteristics that the Bruins would approve of or are they all meaningless because a 19 year old he takes some of his goal celebrations a little too far.?
Honestly, his goal celebration wasn't even too far. All of the EC people were in bed by the time it happened, so they simply saw only his celebration on the highlights without actually understanding the context.

They were down by 1 goal late against the defending Stanley Cup champs. RNH scored but the goal was called back on a questionable call. The crowd was absolutely livid after that call and the tension in the stadium was palpable. Yak rarely got to play in those situations, but he went out there with the net empty and scored with seconds left to tie the game. The goal itself was pretty awesome too.

Playing that off as being selfish shows that:
a) you don't understand the context
b) you don't understand the concept of selfish celebrations

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 01:51 PM
  #42
BruinsHockey74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: ma
Country: Scotland
Posts: 357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
Honestly, his goal celebration wasn't even too far. All of the EC people were in bed by the time it happened, so they simply saw only his celebration on the highlights without actually understanding the context.

They were down by 1 goal late against the defending Stanley Cup champs. RNH scored but the goal was called back on a questionable call. The crowd was absolutely livid after that call and the tension in the stadium was palpable. Yak rarely got to play in those situations, but he went out there with the net empty and scored with seconds left to tie the game. The goal itself was pretty awesome too.

Playing that off as being selfish shows that:
a) you don't understand the context
b) you don't understand the concept of selfish celebrations
I'm pretty sure everyone understands the context of what was going on. I don't want to get this thread off topic, but...

You can not sit here and tell me that skating away from your team mates, pushing through them aside to get to the tops of the circles to drop to your knees at center ice spinning around with spotlights on you, is not selfish.

I would argue that Patrice Bergeron was in a similar situation, tieing game 7 against the Leafs (I was there). Scored the goal, turned around down to one knee fist pump, then opened his arms to his teammates before hugging them and patting them. Or when he won the game he turned around and skated to Chara while enjoying the moment with his teammates. I would argue that both of those moments held a greater "context" than Yakupov's goal during the regular season.

BruinsHockey74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 02:10 PM
  #43
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan
 
5RingsAndABeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 12,097
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsHockey74 View Post
I'm pretty sure everyone understands the context of what was going on. I don't want to get this thread off topic, but...

You can not sit here and tell me that skating away from your team mates, pushing through them aside to get to the tops of the circles to drop to your knees at center ice spinning around with spotlights on you, is not selfish.

I would argue that Patrice Bergeron was in a similar situation, tieing game 7 against the Leafs (I was there). Scored the goal, turned around down to one knee fist pump, then opened his arms to his teammates before hugging them and patting them. Or when he won the game he turned around and skated to Chara while enjoying the moment with his teammates. I would argue that both of those moments held a greater "context" than Yakupov's goal during the regular season.
Patrice Bergeron was a seasoned pro at that point, not a rookie coming over from Russia who had just scored his second goal of his NHL career. It was the biggest goal of his life.

You don't need passion to play the game at a high level (even world class level - e.g. Lidstrom). However, playing with passion isn't a detriment, especially when the player lives and breathes hockey.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 02:25 PM
  #44
Slicknitty
The Ghost of Eberle
 
Slicknitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 29th place
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,461
vCash: 391
so...you guys dont want yak because of his cellys?

okay.

we werent going to give him to you anyway

Slicknitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 02:26 PM
  #45
vespa99
Registered User
 
vespa99's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,556
vCash: 500
Seguin is a good player but a polite no thank you from the Oil. I like Yak much better

vespa99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 02:32 PM
  #46
shizan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 184
vCash: 500
Oilers counter with Bergeron for Horcoff. Just as likely of a trade...

shizan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 02:33 PM
  #47
Spawn
Registered User
 
Spawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,182
vCash: 500
Value could be argued either way. Both teams likely keep their respective players. Yakupov being on an ELC for the next 2 seasons holds more value to the Oilers though I imagine.

It is sort of funny though that you have the Bruin's GM calling Seguin out about not being enough of a professional and needing to focus on being a hockey player. But Yakupov is the one of questionable character because of an excessive celebration 4 or 5 games into his career.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 02:48 PM
  #48
bb_fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: boston
Posts: 9,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
Value could be argued either way. Both teams likely keep their respective players. Yakupov being on an ELC for the next 2 seasons holds more value to the Oilers though I imagine.

It is sort of funny though that you have the Bruin's GM calling Seguin out about not being enough of a professional and needing to focus on being a hockey player. But Yakupov is the one of questionable character because of an excessive celebration 4 or 5 games into his career.
Its even funnier that its what...one poster or something? Who is beating that drum?

bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 02:52 PM
  #49
Dr Awesome
Bo "knows" Horvat
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,003
vCash: 500
Not horrible, but the Oilers should pass no real reason for them to make the trade Bruins as well.

Dr Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 02:53 PM
  #50
Qrispy
Registered User
 
Qrispy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsHockey74 View Post
The Bruins are a classy organization.

Sliding across 3/4 length of the ice on your knees after scoring a goal does not demonstrate class, but rather selfishness. He wants the spotlight on himself. Yakupov would not fit with the Bruins team members, or the organization/city as a whole.

Bigtime pass from the Bruins. Wouldn't touch that cocky of a player with a 10 foot pole.
Brad Marchand.

Your entire post is now invalidated.

Qrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.