HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Is Klein the odd man out?

Old
07-01-2013, 01:55 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Yeah, this is a huge reason to keep him. He's signed for another 5 years for less than $3mil. That's insanely good.
I thought Kleins new contract was 4 mil per or so?

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 01:58 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
That was Josi's ... which is an absolute steal of a contract.

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 02:15 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
5 more years at $2.9.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 02:22 PM
predfan24

The problem with Klein is he is so damn steady but VERY unspectacular. D-men like that don't usually bring back great value in trades therefore it's very likely his value to us is much higher than what could be brought back in a trade.

That being said if he could be packaged and helped bring back a legit help to the top 6 I would be all for it but I just can't see it happening.

On a personal note it would be very sad to see him go as he's a guy who persevered through tough times even when most fans were calling for his head he stuck to it and worked hard and turned himself into a valuable NHL dman. He is a good guy and never complains about doing the dirty work and not taking the glory.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 02:29 PM
Persona5

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
The problem with Klein is he is so damn steady but VERY unspectacular. D-men like that don't usually bring back great value in trades therefore it's very likely his value to us is much higher than what could be brought back in a trade.

That being said if he could be packaged and helped bring back a legit help to the top 6 I would be all for it but I just can't see it happening.

On a personal note it would be very sad to see him go as he's a guy who persevered through tough times even when most fans were calling for his head he stuck to it and worked hard and turned himself into a valuable NHL dman. He is a good guy and never complains about doing the dirty work and not taking the glory.
I agree but I would also add that he has played very well in the playoffs recently. He was so good against the wings and was more than just solid. He was almost dare I say "flashy" at times.

I would hate to see Klein go and if it comes to it he can always play on the 3rd line if they can't figure out a way for a righthanded d-man to play on the left side. If I were Trotz I would see who did better on the left side between Klein and Jones in camp and go from there. Don't forget Jones played the left side for the US world junior team that won gold this year!

Persona5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 02:30 PM
Persona5

One more addition...we can't trade Klein! I would miss his bench interviews and mohawk way to much!!

Old
07-01-2013, 02:50 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKiwi View Post
I agree we need Klein and I love Klein, but if you can trade him in a package to get something like Seguin then we do it. Remember when we traded Ellis for that boston pick so we could get Couturier but it all got voided once Philly took him? Well maybe Boston is still interested and we could package something.
Chara, Boychuk, Krug, Seidenberg, Hamilton...Boston has no need for Klein, even if they were moving Seguin, which I doubt is the case.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 02:56 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
Chara, Boychuk, Krug, Seidenberg, Hamilton...Boston has no need for Klein, even if they were moving Seguin, which I doubt is the case.
yeah apparently the "seguin is on the block" talk went away when they found out they were not going to be keeping Horton, who they were thinking would cost 6 mil per.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 02:58 PM
Persona5

Quote:
yeah apparently the "seguin is on the block" talk went away when they found out they were not going to be keeping Horton, who they were thinking would cost 6 mil per.
I saw that as well but then read that they were still fielding offers because the GM has questioned Seguins work ethic. I think ti would take more than we are willing to give up though to get him. Think Josi, Wilson, Forsberg...

Old
07-01-2013, 03:05 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persona5 View Post
I saw that as well but then read that they were still fielding offers because the GM has questioned Seguins work ethic. I think ti would take more than we are willing to give up though to get him. Think Josi, Wilson, Forsberg...
...........and Poile is now done caring.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 03:13 PM
kakemono

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
I think he doesn't bring back good trade value in HFBoards trades but coaches, players, and GMs don't sleep on what he brings to the table. They know..

kakemono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 03:24 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakemono View Post
I think he doesn't bring back good trade value in HFBoards trades but coaches, players, and GMs don't sleep on what he brings to the table. They know..
I agree but when is the last time a player like Klein brought back scoring forward like we are looking for?. I suppose a decent comparable is Sekera who brought back the 35th and Jamie Mcbain. That's not a bad return. Perhaps you are right......

Klein packaged with something else like Beck or Watson and maybe a pick might bring back something we are looking for.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote