HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Draft Talk Part VII: The Continuing GDT for Draft Day

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-01-2013, 03:09 PM
  #926
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
-Gustafsson will be in the lineup.
-Lecavalier will be more expensive than that.
-I would love Stalberg at that price, but I trust he's more expensive than that.
-Couturier won't be traded for Ryan considering he'd be better used to get a young, #1 defenseman.
-If we do sign Lecavalier, Laughton + Coburn + 1st 2014 + Cousins or something similar could be dangled for someone like Weber.
You say you would try to sell Couts for a number 1 defender, yet in that(extremely poor) offer for the best defenseman in the league you exclude him?

Weber stays probably. He has a new favorite player in Jones with him now.

Prongo is offline  
Old
07-01-2013, 03:24 PM
  #927
FLYERSFAN18
Registered User
 
FLYERSFAN18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
Flyers 2013-14 HealthyScratch

FORWARDS
Scott Hartnell ($4.750m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jakub Voracek ($4.250m)
Bobby Ryan ($5.100m) / Vincent Lecavalier ($4.500m) / Matt Read ($0.900m)
Viktor Stalberg ($1.500m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Wayne Simmonds ($3.975m)
Zac Rinaldo ($0.750m) / Scott Laughton ($1.107m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m)

DEFENSEMEN
Kimmo Timonen ($6.000m) / Luke Schenn ($3.600m)
Braydon Coburn ($4.500m) / Mark Streit ($5.250m)
Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m) / Andrew Ference ($2.500m)
Erik Gustafsson ($1.000m) /

GOALTENDERS
Steve Mason ($1.500m)
Ray Emery ($1.750m)
OTHER
Buyout: Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,324,594; BONUSES: $2,350,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $1,325,406


-Traded Couturier plus picks (or whatever) for Ryan
-Traded Mesz for anything
-Signed LeCavalier, Stalberg, Ference, and Emery
-Profit
If we are trading for Ryan the only players on our NHL roster that I would consider, that also have enough value, would be Coburn and Read. Couturier is the type of player who is very important to championship teams. I like read and think he is a great asset and Coburn can be a solid top 4 defenseman but I would rather keep Couturier. I would also like to sign Stalberg, but I think he gets more than 1.5.

Hartnell-Giroux-Ryan
Schenn-Couturier-Voracek
Stalberg-Laughton-Simmonds
Talbot-Hall/UFA-Rinaldo
Rosehill

Timonen-Schenn
Streit-UFA/Grossmann
Gus-UFA/Grossmann

FLYERSFAN18 is offline  
Old
07-01-2013, 03:27 PM
  #928
JayB
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 363
vCash: 500
IS there any rumours anymore about Myers, Ryan and Sbisa?

JayB is offline  
Old
07-01-2013, 03:28 PM
  #929
FLYERSFAN18
Registered User
 
FLYERSFAN18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
You say you would try to sell Couts for a number 1 defender, yet in that(extremely poor) offer for the best defenseman in the league you exclude him?

Weber stays probably. He has a new favorite player in Jones with him now.
I don't see any team trading a true number 1 defender at all. And if they do the package will likely be something close to what we traded for Pronger. So from us that would be Coburn/Read + 3 1st round picks

FLYERSFAN18 is offline  
Old
07-01-2013, 03:32 PM
  #930
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 14,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
I don't see any team trading a true number 1 defender at all. And if they do the package will likely be something close to what we traded for Pronger. So from us that would be Coburn/Read + 3 1st round picks
Coburn/Read + Morin + 1st + 1st

I wouldn't be opposed to that. That's basically what we paid for Pronger.

CS is offline  
Old
07-01-2013, 03:34 PM
  #931
FLYERSFAN18
Registered User
 
FLYERSFAN18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Coburn/Read + Morin + 1st + 1st

I wouldn't be opposed to that. That's basically what we paid for Pronger.
I would definitely do it. But I don't think any of the guys that would make that deal good for us are available

FLYERSFAN18 is offline  
Old
07-01-2013, 04:00 PM
  #932
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 11,195
vCash: 500
Man I'm so sick of hearing Bobby Ryan's name in trade proposals with the Flyers. I know if they ever get the dude I'm not going to like him...

FreshPerspective is offline  
Old
07-01-2013, 04:01 PM
  #933
Bryz4shiz
Registered User
 
Bryz4shiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Alhoa Oe
Posts: 3,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Coburn/Read + Morin + 1st + 1st

I wouldn't be opposed to that. That's basically what we paid for Pronger.
Pronger was 34. No way does Nashville do that

Bryz4shiz is offline  
Old
07-01-2013, 04:02 PM
  #934
healthyscratch
Registered User
 
healthyscratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,502
vCash: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
If we are trading for Ryan the only players on our NHL roster that I would consider, that also have enough value, would be Coburn and Read. Couturier is the type of player who is very important to championship teams. I like read and think he is a great asset and Coburn can be a solid top 4 defenseman but I would rather keep Couturier. I would also like to sign Stalberg, but I think he gets more than 1.5.

Oh I love Coots too. I'm ok with dealing Schenn instead. As my asst. gm, is that a better move? I'm just trying to lose less on the wings and trade from our center depth. Would be ok with dealing Laughton too and keep Coots and Schenn. This also keeps guys at their natural postion, I hate moving centers to the wing.

We also have some cap space, so if Stalberg needs another $750,000 per, get 'er done asst. gm.!

healthyscratch is offline  
Old
07-01-2013, 04:04 PM
  #935
healthyscratch
Registered User
 
healthyscratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,502
vCash: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
Man I'm so sick of hearing Bobby Ryan's name in trade proposals with the Flyers. I know if they ever get the dude I'm not going to like him...
You would hate a Ryan/LeCavlier/Read line? I doubt that.

healthyscratch is offline  
Old
07-01-2013, 04:06 PM
  #936
Mota
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,037
vCash: 500
If Pietrangelo isnt signed by Friday I see him becoming the primary target. He wants to get paid and would be willing to sign an offersheet to get his money. I could see Homer offering 7 years 66 mil, and offering to trade Coburn + Read for one of their firsts back and maybe Halak. It is a long shot, as most likely St. Louis would match anything, but if they want to add a number 1 guy without giving up Coots/Schenn, it probably is their best shot.

Streit-Pietrangelo
Timonen-Schenn
Gust-Grossmann

I just think Homer is sitting on waaaay too much capspace right now and I just dont see the players out there to sign.. I know he has to resign G, Schenn, and Couturier next year...but their combined raises will probably be like 10 mil...which they theyll get from Timonen and the cap going up.

Mota is offline  
Old
07-01-2013, 04:09 PM
  #937
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 11,195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
You would hate a Ryan/LeCavlier/Read line? I doubt that.
Maybe not ..but depends. I'm just not a Ryan fan b/c of his streakiness. I like his size though and we could use it. I don't know I just hate the trade proposals around him.

FreshPerspective is offline  
Old
07-01-2013, 04:17 PM
  #938
FLYERSFAN18
Registered User
 
FLYERSFAN18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
Oh I love Coots too. I'm ok with dealing Schenn instead. As my asst. gm, is that a better move? I'm just trying to lose less on the wings and trade from our center depth. Would be ok with dealing Laughton too and keep Coots and Schenn. This also keeps guys at their natural postion, I hate moving centers to the wing.

We also have some cap space, so if Stalberg needs another $750,000 per, get 'er done asst. gm.!
Haha. IMO I would not trade Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, Couturier, B. Schenn, or L. Schenn. That is our young core and they should be kept together to start making runs for the cup in a couple years. Everyone else should be available for the right deal. I'm not opposed to moving one of Schenn or Laughton to the wing because I think either of them can be successful.So with that we would have

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Couturier-Simmonds
XXX-Laughton-XXX

or

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
XXX-Schenn-Simmonds
Laughton-Couturier-XXX (use this as a shutdown line with offensive potential)

Either way that is a good offensive core. Add Read and a guy like Stalberg and we have three solid lines. If Ryan is brought in, it should not include any of those core players. What we really need is a defenseman after Timonen leaves. There are a few good RFA's available after next season but who knows if any will be available.

FLYERSFAN18 is offline  
Old
07-01-2013, 04:17 PM
  #939
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
If Pietrangelo isnt signed by Friday I see him becoming the primary target. He wants to get paid and would be willing to sign an offersheet to get his money. I could see Homer offering 7 years 66 mil, and offering to trade Coburn + Read for one of their firsts back and maybe Halak. It is a long shot, as most likely St. Louis would match anything, but if they want to add a number 1 guy without giving up Coots/Schenn, it probably is their best shot.

Streit-Pietrangelo
Timonen-Schenn
Gust-Grossmann

I just think Homer is sitting on waaaay too much capspace right now and I just dont see the players out there to sign.. I know he has to resign G, Schenn, and Couturier next year...but their combined raises will probably be like 10 mil...which they theyll get from Timonen and the cap going up.
The only(and I mean only slim slim chance) any team has to get Petro out of St Louis is if he really does want a ton of money or is unhappy there. There is no report he is unhappy, so we have to hope he wants the money.

Now you actually made a decent offer sheet proposal, and that's the price(maybe even more) you have to pay to make it work) Also they still have Stewart and Russel to re-sign. Now they have plenty of cap space, but they never spend to the limit. Will new ownership change that way of thinking? I honestly don't know, but thinking they don't go there. Hopefully they re-sing Stewart first, and then we can try to put them over their budget. I would rather try the trade route if they have trouble signing him. We have pieces that could be moved for him.

Of course Blue fans won't agree with any deal for him. He is their savior.

Prongo is offline  
Old
07-01-2013, 04:26 PM
  #940
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 14,005
vCash: 500
Anyone else want to just say "**** it" at this point and offersheet Pietrangelo for 9m/year and then dump Grossmann and Meszaros to the highest bidder?

Schenn - Giroux - Voracek
Hartnell - Couturier - Simmonds
Gagne - Laughton - Read
Rinaldo - Hall - Talbot
Rosehill

Timonen - Pietrangelo
Streit - Schenn
Gustafsson - Coburn
Gervais

Mason
Emery

We have the money...theoretically...


Then, after Timonen is gone...

Pietrangelo - Coburn
Streit - Schenn
Gustafsson - (Hagg)
(Gostisbehere) - (Morin)

CS is offline  
Old
07-01-2013, 04:29 PM
  #941
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,618
vCash: 500
Tim Thomas will explore coming back to the NHL. You know he is coming here. I want him.

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/s...99023549693952

Quote:
Expect an announcement shortly that Tim Thomas is exploring his return to play opportunities in the NHL.
Krishna, I was right about Pulock being drafted first, and now about TImmy coming back. Where you at sucker.

Prongo is offline  
Old
07-01-2013, 04:31 PM
  #942
healthyscratch
Registered User
 
healthyscratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,502
vCash: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Tim Thomas will explore coming back to the NHL. You know he is coming here. I want him.

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/s...99023549693952
At 5m plus and a year away from the game? Oh lord, no thanks.

healthyscratch is offline  
Old
07-01-2013, 04:32 PM
  #943
Four Boilermakers
Sea Bass said that?
 
Four Boilermakers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Anyone else want to just say "**** it" at this point and offersheet Pietrangelo for 9m/year and then dump Grossmann and Meszaros to the highest bidder?

Schenn - Giroux - Voracek
Hartnell - Couturier - Simmonds
Gagne - Laughton - Read
Rinaldo - Hall - Talbot
Rosehill

Timonen - Pietrangelo
Streit - Schenn
Gustafsson - Coburn
Gervais

Mason
Emery

We have the money...theoretically...


Then, after Timonen is gone...

Pietrangelo - Coburn
Streit - Schenn
Gustafsson - (Hagg)
(Gostisbehere) - (Morin)
I am absolutely on board with sending Pietrangelo an offer sheet. At worst, we don't get him and we burn some bridges in St. Louis. At best, we get a franchise RHD who, along with Giroux, will be a cornerstone of our franchise for years. I love the idea of having a top young F and top young D to build around. I'd trade Coburn instead, though, and keep Meszaros. We'll get more for Coburn, and we will need to fill some roster spots with cheap pieces.

Forward core: Giroux, Voracek, Couturier, Schenn, Hartnell, Simmonds, Laughton
Defense core: Pietrangelo, Schenn, Streit, Gostisbehere, Morin

Keeping all of those guys together would be next to impossible, but I can dream...


Last edited by Four Boilermakers: 07-01-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Four Boilermakers is offline  
Old
07-01-2013, 04:32 PM
  #944
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
At 5m plus and a year away from the game? Oh lord, no thanks.
He is a UFA, and he won't demand that money.

If he was training and conditioning during the year, I would welcome him with open arms. Rumors were he wanted to come here too. It seems like the perfect match.

Prongo is offline  
Old
07-01-2013, 04:35 PM
  #945
PALE PWNR
Registered User
 
PALE PWNR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,967
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Anyone else want to just say "**** it" at this point and offersheet Pietrangelo for 9m/year and then dump Grossmann and Meszaros to the highest bidder?

Schenn - Giroux - Voracek
Hartnell - Couturier - Simmonds
Gagne - Laughton - Read
Rinaldo - Hall - Talbot
Rosehill

Timonen - Pietrangelo
Streit - Schenn
Gustafsson - Coburn
Gervais

Mason
Emery

We have the money...theoretically...


Then, after Timonen is gone...

Pietrangelo - Coburn
Streit - Schenn
Gustafsson - (Hagg)
(Gostisbehere) - (Morin)
Been on board with that for a while. I don't think Blues fans understand how desperate we are for someone like him. I suggested an 11 million dollar offersheet over 5 years, and most Blues fans balked. It would be possible to fit him at that cap hit by just moving Mesz. Most Blues fans agreed (first by ridiculing the proposal) at that price they would just take the picks, they think they can get him at 6.5 per. The Bruins got Chara by overpaying to the extreme at the time, now his deal doesn't look bad at all AND everyone and their mother thinks its worth it. If something outrageous like that makes them think twice about matching it you do it

PALE PWNR is offline  
Old
07-01-2013, 04:36 PM
  #946
SuchySays
Registered User
 
SuchySays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Poconos
Country: United States
Posts: 2,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
At 5m plus and a year away from the game? Oh lord, no thanks.
5 million?

what the ****

nobody should give him anything more than backup money.

SuchySays is online now  
Old
07-01-2013, 04:37 PM
  #947
Razor the Goalie
Can I Get a Hot Tub
 
Razor the Goalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Waiting in Shadows
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 348
vCash: 500
Could you image the "political" barrage from our beat writers if he comes here. They would make it a sideshow.


(that's coming from someone who works on the opposite side of Tim's views)

Razor the Goalie is offline  
Old
07-01-2013, 04:40 PM
  #948
FLYERSFAN18
Registered User
 
FLYERSFAN18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Anyone else want to just say "**** it" at this point and offersheet Pietrangelo for 9m/year and then dump Grossmann and Meszaros to the highest bidder?

Schenn - Giroux - Voracek
Hartnell - Couturier - Simmonds
Gagne - Laughton - Read
Rinaldo - Hall - Talbot
Rosehill

Timonen - Pietrangelo
Streit - Schenn
Gustafsson - Coburn
Gervais

Mason
Emery

We have the money...theoretically...


Then, after Timonen is gone...

Pietrangelo - Coburn
Streit - Schenn
Gustafsson - (Hagg)
(Gostisbehere) - (Morin)
I dont think anyone would be upset about that. But I am very, very skeptical it happens

FLYERSFAN18 is offline  
Old
07-01-2013, 04:43 PM
  #949
FLYERSFAN18
Registered User
 
FLYERSFAN18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Been on board with that for a while. I don't think Blues fans understand how desperate we are for someone like him. I suggested an 11 million dollar offersheet over 5 years, and most Blues fans balked. It would be possible to fit him at that cap hit by just moving Mesz. Most Blues fans agreed (first by ridiculing the proposal) at that price they would just take the picks, they think they can get him at 6.5 per. The Bruins got Chara by overpaying to the extreme at the time, now his deal doesn't look bad at all AND everyone and their mother thinks its worth it. If something outrageous like that makes them think twice about matching it you do it
One problem I see there, is that if we give Pietrangelo 11 million I could see Giroux wanting 11 million as well. And if we give it to him then we have 22 million tied up in 2 players. That is worse than what Pittsburgh's cap situation looks like.

FLYERSFAN18 is offline  
Old
07-01-2013, 04:46 PM
  #950
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,618
vCash: 500
https://twitter.com/JoshRimerHockey/...03705592512514

Quote:
My guess is the Flyers finally found the goaltender they were looking for. Apparently the Flyers made a pitch to Thomas last week.

Prongo is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.