HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dean Lombardi on HNIC radio on Bernier, Frattin, and more

Old
06-29-2013, 12:42 AM
Reclamation Project
Why don't you just..

vCash: 500
Thanks for posting this deeshamrock!

And yes, trade his rights to LI.

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 02:22 AM
HolyShot*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
The rumor on Scuds is that he is looking for $4m per for 5 years. How that works out is anyones guess but that is what he is looking for or so it is said.
I was just wondering from reading your posts if you know somebody personally from the kings org or somebody in hockey. You seem to post a lot about knowing insider information. That's pretty cool if you do have some kind of inside track.

HolyShot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 02:27 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I only want to add to the Scuderi $4 for 5 rumor that it could be a starting point. The dollar amount is said to be right on the money but the years could be dependent on how much is paid.

$4.150 for 4 years/$3.9 for 5 years, that sort of thing? Just speculating on that but it could be possible that there is flexibility in there somewhere. That said the numbers I heard where what i posted. $4m for 5 years is what his agent has said to be expecting for Scuderi.

Who knows how it will work out.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 06:18 AM
BigBrown
Fly at eleven.

vCash: 1250
Willie Mitchell looking healthy is tremendous news. Hopefully missing a season hasn't thrown his game off because when he's on he's better than Scuderi.

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 08:45 AM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman47 View Post
I was just wondering from reading your posts if you know somebody personally from the kings org or somebody in hockey. You seem to post a lot about knowing insider information. That's pretty cool if you do have some kind of inside track.
He works in the hockey world. Tonelli seems to be pretty well connected. And beyond that, he's the poster on this board I respect the most. But that's irrelevant.

Easily the best part of that interview is hearing that Willie is seemingly healthy. That just makes me ****ing ecstatic.

Regerh's contract works out pretty well for us. I see him as a bridge player between Scuds and Gravel. Gravel will be on the team in 2, MAYBE 3 years. As long as Regehr can skate a little bit, he's alright. Yeah, I'd much rather have Scuderi but Regehr is better than Ellerby or Drewiske would have been going in to next year.

In a few years, you're looking at:

Doughty-Mitchell
Slava-Gravel
Greene-Mart/Muzz

If Willie retires, we can replace him. The key to remember is that Gravel can REALLY ****ing play and will be ready soon enough.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 10:54 AM
MsMeow

First of all, a big thank you to Dee Shamrock for posting so many links to different things that I would normally miss!

As for Scuds, no thanks at that price. This is one of the big differences between Holmgren and Lombardi, Dean knows when to walk away. Also, Scuds looked good enough in the playoffs but his regular season was sub-par. Add his age to it and no way is he worth that kind of money.

Now it seems the Oilers are really pushing for Braydon Coburn from Philly. I can see the Flyers trading Coburn and then signing Scuds for that price.

MsMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 11:16 AM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Ill miss you Scuds Favorite player on the team....

Cook24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 11:26 AM
Vino

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
In a few years, you're looking at:

Doughty-Mitchell
Slava-Gravel
Greene-Mart/Muzz

If Willie retires, we can replace him. The key to remember is that Gravel can REALLY ****ing play and will be ready soon enough.
You don't belive, that Forbort can be a NHL-player some day? What I watched he played surprisingly well in AHL-playoffs (not physical or skilled, he is a pretty effective "space-eater"). Maybye he's not a bust at all.

Vino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 03:19 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino View Post
You don't belive, that Forbort can be a NHL-player some day? What I watched he played surprisingly well in AHL-playoffs (not physical or skilled, he is a pretty effective "space-eater"). Maybye he's not a bust at all.
He's still a project. He has the potential definitely. It's up to him though to bring it out of him.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 03:45 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Forbort will be a bigger version of Martinez if he makes the NHL, he has nowhere close to the IQ in the defensive zone that Rob Scuderi has. People want to call him the next Scuderi, but it's not a very good comparison.

Gravel is the only guy in the Kings system who could project into a Scuderi type.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 04:28 PM
DrewforNorris
Kingspiracy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFan7824 View Post
He only started making big money at the NHL level 4 years ago when he signed with the Kings. 4 years ago he was 30. A late start and trying to make up on lost time and money.

He now has 2 Cups to his name. He's been on another team that made the final, and another team that went to the conference final. It won't and can't be from the Kings, but it wouldn't shock me if he got that money and those years.

Although it would be interesting to see if the Kings were willing to pay that if the cap wasn't going down. $4 million isn't that much of a raise from last year. The years would be weird, but those can be worked around if you really want to.
With the new cap in place. Players will not be making as much money as they used to make. I think Scuds is gone. Looking at the how many players are being bought out, it sends a message and I think a lot of players will not be making as much going forward. If we wants to roll the dice in FA, go for it and God Bless. Thanks for the service. Been an awesome anchor on the back end, but can't afford him any longer. Plus play off production declined. Not the best long term investment if we're gonna pay top dollar for it.

DrewforNorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 01:18 AM
KINGS329

If we can't keep Scuds we should look at Andrew Ference he only made 2,250,000 last year he was +9 with 13 points pretty comparable to scuds

KINGS329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 10:09 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I only want to add to the Scuderi $4 for 5 rumor that it could be a starting point. The dollar amount is said to be right on the money but the years could be dependent on how much is paid.

$4.150 for 4 years/$3.9 for 5 years, that sort of thing? Just speculating on that but it could be possible that there is flexibility in there somewhere. That said the numbers I heard where what i posted. $4m for 5 years is what his agent has said to be expecting for Scuderi.

Who knows how it will work out.
Either way it is unfortunately too many years or too much AAV. This is what the salary cap is supposed to do folks, it spreads the experienced talent around and forces the better teams to develop young talent to take the place of vets they can't afford to keep.

We're going to be lovin' Muzzin and Ellerby next year.

As an aside, in Dean's interview, he is 100% correct the new CBA with its compliance buyouts penalized the teams that did things the right way and helped the teams that did it the wrong way.

Last edited by KINGS17: 06-30-2013 at 11:00 AM.
KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 02:58 AM
HolyShot*

We need scuds to resign. With nobody to take his place we leave a huge hole.

HolyShot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 03:48 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman47 View Post
We need scuds to resign. With nobody to take his place we leave a huge hole.
Depends on Mitchell. Without Scuds, we still look alright if Mitchell returns:

Mitchell-Doughty
Regehr-Voynov
Muzzin-Greene
Martinez-Ellerby

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 11:04 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS329 View Post
If we can't keep Scuds we should look at Andrew Ference he only made 2,250,000 last year he was +9 with 13 points pretty comparable to scuds
I thought about that as well. He played in Calgary with Sutter. Not sure if there is a connection there or not. I'm not even sure if the Kings will sign somebody else if Scuderi walks.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 11:16 AM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Depends on Mitchell. Without Scuds, we still look alright if Mitchell returns:

Mitchell-Doughty
Regehr-Voynov
Muzzin-Greene
Martinez-Ellerby

It's not a bad lineup. In this age of lowered caps we are going to need players to not have the worst year of their careers (AM) and others to continue to develop (DD, VV, and Muzzin) if some of the vets can get another decent year we should be fine.

Questions and hopes are just part of the game.

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 01:21 PM
DoktorJeep
Original Bandwagoner

Well, this is the point of drafting & development is to be able to replace older role players with younger ones. Given that defense is an area of strength throughout the org, the common sense move is to replace the player with a bridge player should a prospect not be ready, which is the quick move to re-up Regehr for insurance on Scuderi walking.

I can see teams like Detroit or Montreal throwing a 4 year deal his way. I think at the end of the day, Scuderi is in a position where he should look for the max total guaranteed pay and go with that offer. I'm pretty sure that won't be the Kings regardless of things like term, etc.

DoktorJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 01:49 PM
deeshamrock

If they can't sign Scuds, do they go with Ference or sign an LW if one is available?

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 02:52 PM
Reclamation Project
Why don't you just..

LW should be the top priority. We still need help there and regardless of what most users think, our defense is VERY good. What killed us in the playoffs? Not being able to score goals.

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 02:55 PM
Ollie Weeks
First In, Last Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
If they can't sign Scuds, do they go with Ference or sign an LW if one is available?
That's the $2-3 million question, isn't it?

We can only squeeze in one of these options, likely on a short term deal, unless Lombardi takes the trade route.

If we absolutely knew Mitchell were good to go, I'd advocate for a LW. But if he's hurt and Scuderi does walk, we're boned. Full stop. And comparatively, Frattin and a full season of Toffoli certainly offsets Penner's imminent departure, so even at this stage I'd call our forwards improved no matter what we do.

Last edited by Ollie Weeks: 07-01-2013 at 03:17 PM.
Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 04:06 PM
FrozenKing18
Goongala.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Forbort will be a bigger version of Martinez if he makes the NHL, he has nowhere close to the IQ in the defensive zone that Rob Scuderi has. People want to call him the next Scuderi, but it's not a very good comparison.

Gravel is the only guy in the Kings system who could project into a Scuderi type.
Can Forbort hit like Martinez though?

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote