HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kovalev -"I'd aim for his head

Old
10-22-2006, 02:32 AM
Artyukhin*

vCash: 500
Kovalev -"I'd aim for his head

ya gotta like kovy's quotes . about tonight's game if it went to a shoot out .

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazett...5ce6c3&k=93217

But Kovalev said he knew what he would do if the game went to a shootout.

"I'd aim for his head and hope he turns away," he said.

When someone suggested that his shot might wind up going over the crossbar, he replied: "He's not that big."

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 07:47 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Got to love it!!! I guess Theo was not the well loved guy he would make you think he was.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 07:51 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
But Kovalev said he knew what he would do if the game went to a shootout.

"I'd aim for his head and hope he turns away," he said.

When someone suggested that his shot might wind up going over the crossbar, he replied: "He's not that big."
I wonder what went on last year. those are pretty strong words.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 08:32 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Theodore was a cancer in this room last year and he selfish unlike huet and aebischer

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 09:13 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
Theodore was a cancer in this room last year and he selfish unlike huet and aebischer
that's the truth

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 09:44 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

I think he was just kidding around.

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 10:32 AM
danbrave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
Jack Todd asked Theo who of his former teammates he kept in touch with and the only name Josť mentioned was Mike Ribeiro. So maybe there is more to this than we think but I always thought Theo got along with everyone in the room, minus the Theo-Ribeiro-Dagenais clique...

danbrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 10:38 AM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by danbrave View Post
Jack Todd asked Theo who of his former teammates he kept in touch with and the only name Josť mentioned was Mike Ribeiro. So maybe there is more to this than we think but I always thought Theo got along with everyone in the room, minus the Theo-Ribeiro-Dagenais clique...
I don't think he got along well with anyone to be perfectly honest. I never met him or spoke to him, but when I see him speak in interviews, always seemed cocky, not in the words he used, but just his demenor. Like did you not hear during the game on CBC, that Liles called Blake to use the #4, like that in my books is a kid with respect and would love to see a player like that in a Habs jersey.

So for me to see you talk to ONE player when you play on a team with the same players for 5-6 years, see them almost everyday, that says TON about how the people were in that locker room.

That being said, I feel the room has become a lot better now, everyone seems to get along with each other, no one is competing with anyone to take there job(that's not a bad thing unless the person whos job you are takin isn't ready to give it up with a fair fight)

Good ridance to Theo, his bad play, his bad attitude, his bottle of propecha(sp?) will not be missed in Montreal

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 10:59 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
I wonder what went on last year. those are pretty strong words.
Theo, for the past couple of seasons has been a distraction...one thing I never liked about Theo, was he was fairly quick to throw his teammates under the bus, rather than admit he played poorly. Stuff like that, rubs most guys the wrong way for sure. As for Kovy, I think he is more of a leader than most realize, and I liked his comments, he does have a good sense of humour...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 11:15 AM
Mad Habber

To me, he was the male equivalent of a true diva. He seemed to have the rock star attitude. When that happens, the media follows your every move and everything you do, ends up being magnified. It's not like Theo was all that innocent in all this. Controvercy seemed to follow him around like a little brother without friends. His family, his associations (Hell's), his extended family, him giving the finger to the camera when told to do something with his hands, his propecia, the injury outside his home, one night in Paris, coupled with the diminishing quality of his performance in goal. All that for a very high and continually increasing salary. It's no wonder he couldn't meet expectations. It really became an easy choice for Gainey as to which click to get rid of. The one that everyone likes, that works hard, puts up the points and are the real leaders in the dressing room and on the ice, or the that distracts from the business at hand and comes with extra baggage. Dagenais was easy to get rid of, no one else wanted him. Theo's value kept plummeting, so getting anything decent, in return wasn't easy. If he would have been traded in November last year, the return would have been better. Ribs, well we got another player with short comings who hadn't been playing up to expectations.

So hopefully, we ended up with a better locker room than before with all this. When you're winning everyone is happy. But when we start to lose, that's when we'll see if the guys are really buddy-buddy.

Last edited by Mad Habber: 10-22-2006 at 11:17 AM. Reason: forgot one
Mad Habber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 11:27 AM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Habber View Post
ercy seemed to follow him around like a little brother without friends. His family, his associations (Hell's), his extended family, him giving the finger to the camera when told to do something with his hands, his propecia, the injury outside his home, one night in Paris, coupled with the diminishing quality of his performance in goal. All that for a very high and continually increasing salary. It's no wonder he .
Oh come on, that is the same as Kovalev saying he'd shoot at someone's head. Just having a sense of humor, obviously neither Kovalev or Theodore were serious when these things happened.

benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 11:30 AM
TroyM

Haha, I love it, Kovy is a funny man, but I don't doubt there was a little bit of serious feeling behind the comments

TroyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 11:57 AM
Habsfan18
The Future

haha

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 12:44 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

Remember the mindset behind the Darcy Tucker hit...

"If he dies, he dies."

Kovalev is wonderfully renewing himself with this new hard-*** Soviet/Ivan Drago schtick. I remember when he won the cup in '94, he was a little punk

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 12:44 PM
AlexeiKovalev27

haha happy hallooooween

http://www.ovy8.com/kovalev/450x150/...2_kovybond.jpg

AlexeiKovalev27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 12:53 PM
checkit

That's crazy. I'd hate to be on the receiving end of one of Kovy's shots. The guy is lethal. That shot that almost knocked Kipper down? I wonder if he was going for HIS head??

checkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 12:55 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

PJ Stock has mentioned before that Theodore was not very well liked in the locker room. This only supports his point.

I remember last year at training camp, when every player came out into the parking lot to meet with fans and sign autographs. Theodore went out a different exit to avoid everyone and drove away. There was this girl there with a massive Theo poster who had skipped school JUST to get a Theodore autograph. When we all saw Theodore in the distance getting into his car she ran after him and ran after his car with the poster in hand into the street, chasing his car and bawling her eyes out. In hindsight, that was actually pretty hilarious but still...

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 01:08 PM
AlexeiKovalev27

Haha dave, but the best is a guy that screamed to him "THEY THEO, TON PERE ME DOIT DE L'ARGENT" , when he saw theo's car coming out form the parking lmao...100% sure theo heard it

AlexeiKovalev27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 01:11 PM
Burnside_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Got to love it!!! I guess Theo was not the well loved guy he would make you think he was.
I don't think this was particularly aimed at dissing theo, more of a simple joke. When I read it I thaught it was referring to the fact that he pulled the goalie out of his skates the last two time he took part in a shootout but still hit the post. But yeah, another reason to crap on theo, so why let it pass by??

Burnside_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 04:36 PM
Kafka

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbrave View Post
Patrick Roy was also a cancer when he left. His defensmen were fed up with is orders.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 04:51 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
Patrick Roy was also a cancer when he left. His defensmen were fed up with is orders.
I guess we have a problem with local goalies. Fortunately while Roy went on to have a great career and win 2 more cups, Jose sucks anus and is waiver wire material.

Old
10-22-2006, 04:57 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

Now that would be something.

"Jose Theodore has been put on and CLEARED waivers. He has been assigned to the Arizona Sundogs of the Central Hockey League. To replace him, the Avalanche has signed Bruins legend () Blaine Lacher to a 30-games contract for which he will be paid the Sherbrooke Beavers per-diem: 20$ per game, not counting his meals."

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 05:09 PM
larue*

I personally have no humor in Kovy comments............Here is a fellow that if he cant get the puck sitting on his stick while parking his ******** in the corner,,,,and then just stands there if to say,,,,,,,,,,, .........well he should have no say in commenting on anyone elses big head

larue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 05:32 PM
Dr. Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
PJ Stock has mentioned before that Theodore was not very well liked in the locker room. This only supports his point.

I remember last year at training camp, when every player came out into the parking lot to meet with fans and sign autographs. Theodore went out a different exit to avoid everyone and drove away. There was this girl there with a massive Theo poster who had skipped school JUST to get a Theodore autograph. When we all saw Theodore in the distance getting into his car she ran after him and ran after his car with the poster in hand into the street, chasing his car and bawling her eyes out. In hindsight, that was actually pretty hilarious but still...
PJ Stock!
wow, if PJ Stock says it, it has to be true...

Anyways, my point is, you don't need Pj Stock to tell you who's a cancer and who's not... it's just so easy to see...

Dr. Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 11:37 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Charles View Post
PJ Stock!
wow, if PJ Stock says it, it has to be true...

Anyways, my point is, you don't need Pj Stock to tell you who's a cancer and who's not... it's just so easy to see...
He was actually on the team so I believe he has more authority to say something like that than anyone else here.