HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 5.0

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-01-2013, 08:19 PM
  #276
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
In Sweden.
So, it's very possible that he might not make it just based on his size because he'll get called for a lot of penalties.

Analyzer is offline  
Old
07-01-2013, 08:36 PM
  #277
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,966
vCash: 500
Please remove Kyle Klubertanz from your Habs listing....no longer our property.

Whitesnake is online now  
Old
07-01-2013, 09:04 PM
  #278
Fozz
Registered User
 
Fozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 6,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Who do you guys rate better? DLR or Collberg?

I kept hearing that this year's draft was so deep and last year's sucked yet I think Collberg is the clear better player and he was drafted almost at the same position.
Totally different styles. I'd compare Collberg to Lehkonen becore comparing him to De La Rose and the difference isn't important at all.

Fozz is offline  
Old
07-01-2013, 09:22 PM
  #279
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,129
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Oh no not Klubertanz

WeThreeKings is online now  
Old
07-01-2013, 10:59 PM
  #280
Captain Saku
Registered User
 
Captain Saku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
Totally different styles. I'd compare Collberg to Lehkonen becore comparing him to De La Rose and the difference isn't important at all.
Yes I know they play a different game but if both were available in a draft at the same position I take Collberg before without hesitation.

Captain Saku is offline  
Old
07-01-2013, 11:02 PM
  #281
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,369
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie View Post
Im thinking not. That pick was a pick of need, and I think he will be playing in the NHL next year.
I'm thinking you should stop getting high off your mom's prescibed medication. McCarron is nowhere near NHL ready.

Maxpac is offline  
Old
07-01-2013, 11:10 PM
  #282
ChoseLa
Registered User
 
ChoseLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Martinique
Posts: 4,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Yes I know they play a different game but if both were available in a draft at the same position I take Collberg before without hesitation.
Collberg has bust potential, not saying he will, but if he doesn't make it as a top-6 he would be miscasted as a bottom-6. De la Rose have very little bust potential and could play on the first or the fourth without being miscasted.

ChoseLa is online now  
Old
07-01-2013, 11:20 PM
  #283
Estimated_Prophet
Registered User
 
Estimated_Prophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
I'm thinking you should stop getting high off your mom's prescibed medication. McCarron is nowhere near NHL ready.
McCarron is VERY raw and needs at least two full seasons of junior/college and probably a season after that in the AHL.

Estimated_Prophet is offline  
Old
07-01-2013, 11:24 PM
  #284
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,610
vCash: 500
McCarron playing in the NHL next year would be a good way to ensure he's selling used cars in Detroit in 5 years.

Et le But is offline  
Old
07-01-2013, 11:27 PM
  #285
Estimated_Prophet
Registered User
 
Estimated_Prophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
Totally different styles. I'd compare Collberg to Lehkonen becore comparing him to De La Rose and the difference isn't important at all.
There are also people who would tell you that they like Zykov better than Collberg and he went later than Collberg did......

De La Rose brings a rare blend of size/speed/hockey iq/physicality/leadership. Collberg has better puck skills but I am not convinced that TT would definitely take Collberg over DLR.

The fact is that both drafts were very deep but what sets them apart is the number of high end prospects that were available this year as opposed to last season. I highly doubt that Yakupov would have went any higher than 5th in this years crop.

Estimated_Prophet is offline  
Old
07-01-2013, 11:38 PM
  #286
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Please remove Kyle Klubertanz from your Habs listing....no longer our property.
You mean on Friday.

__________________

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is online now  
Old
07-02-2013, 12:56 AM
  #287
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,010
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
McCarron playing in the NHL next year would be a good way to ensure he's selling used cars in Detroit in 5 years.
Too tall. They'll probably make him dress up as one of these:


Watsatheo is offline  
Old
07-02-2013, 03:51 AM
  #288
HabsProspectsExpert
Artturi Lehkonen
 
HabsProspectsExpert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 515
vCash: 500
Lehkonon is definitely the prospect I am the most pumped about since Gallagher; in terms of steal pick, attitude, swag, skills! He just surpassed Collberg

HabsProspectsExpert is offline  
Old
07-02-2013, 04:57 AM
  #289
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
You mean on Friday.
Your fault. Was looking at your site and made that comment...

Yeah, should have realized that it was because of the original date of the UFA period.

Whitesnake is online now  
Old
07-02-2013, 07:29 AM
  #290
Fozz
Registered User
 
Fozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 6,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danleri View Post
Whats a realistic expectation of seeing McCarron with the big club? 2-3 years? Maybe Grant can give us an idea.
Andy Murray was interviewed on TSN 690 this morning and, when asked the same question, stated that he would expect McCarron to play 2 years in their program and then make the jump directly to the NHL.

Also said that he expects him to be 250lbs by that time, since he's still have lots of room to add muscle without loosing speed.


Last edited by Fozz: 07-02-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Fozz is offline  
Old
07-02-2013, 10:17 AM
  #291
charlie
Registered User
 
charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,258
vCash: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie View Post
Im thinking not. That pick was a pick of need, and I think he will be playing in the NHL next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
I'm thinking you should stop getting high off your mom's prescribed medication. McCarron is nowhere near NHL ready.

Moms meds aren't prescribed!!!
And whatever Timmins said whether it was a slip or he accidentally showed his hand he did say. "McCarron fits into our lineup".
Not sure what to make of that comment but that is my own opinion.

charlie is offline  
Old
07-02-2013, 10:22 AM
  #292
TennisMenace
Registered User
 
TennisMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
Totally different styles. I'd compare Collberg to Lehkonen becore comparing him to De La Rose and the difference isn't important at all.
I agree. This makes sense.

TennisMenace is offline  
Old
07-02-2013, 11:59 AM
  #293
Cass
Registered User
 
Cass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: MTL
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
What are the chances of Brady Vail playing in Hamilton this coming season? I was just looking at his twitter account and it says he plays for Hamilton. He played pretty well in his little tryout with them. I'm pretty sure he's still not signed or did I miss something?

Cass is offline  
Old
07-02-2013, 12:10 PM
  #294
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cass View Post
What are the chances of Brady Vail playing in Hamilton this coming season? I was just looking at his twitter account and it says he plays for Hamilton. He played pretty well in his little tryout with them. I'm pretty sure he's still not signed or did I miss something?
He joined the Bulldogs only once his OHL season was over. He is only 19, he must go back in the OHL until the OHL season of his team is over.

habsprospects is online now  
Old
07-02-2013, 12:20 PM
  #295
Cass
Registered User
 
Cass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: MTL
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
He joined the Bulldogs only once his OHL season was over. He is only 19, he must go back in the OHL until the OHL season of his team is over.
Thanks! I thought it wasn't right. So I guess we hope to see him signed in the spring?

Cass is offline  
Old
07-02-2013, 01:01 PM
  #296
Franck
Insolent Upstart
 
Franck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 7,660
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
So, it's very possible that he might not make it just based on his size because he'll get called for a lot of penalties.
If he doesn't make it it'll be because of the big ice, not the reffing. IIHF referees are the same regardless of where the tournament is held.

Franck is offline  
Old
07-02-2013, 02:53 PM
  #297
Joe Lamb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: downeast
Posts: 207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franck View Post
If he doesn't make it it'll be because of the big ice, not the reffing. IIHF referees are the same regardless of where the tournament is held.
If he doesn't make it , it may be because he is playing in London.

Joe Lamb is offline  
Old
07-02-2013, 03:47 PM
  #298
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franck View Post
If he doesn't make it it'll be because of the big ice, not the reffing. IIHF referees are the same regardless of where the tournament is held.
That is true, but Tom Wilson had a good chance to make team Canada, but they let him go because IIHF refs tend to be against big bodies that can really move.

Analyzer is offline  
Old
07-02-2013, 06:07 PM
  #299
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,467
vCash: 50
The best setting for McCarron IMO is at Western Michigan under Andy Murray. He will get the best of two hockey world's having Murray as his coach, a former NHL coach. Secondly the training time available to work on any deficiencies he may have, along with dietary concerns, weightlifting etc. Time that won't be available in Junior with London Knights.

I have every reason to be optimistic that Mikey will prove Timmins, Bergevin & the Scouting team were well founded in their decision to draft him in the 1st round. Getting Christian Thomas for Danny Kristo is another feather in the Habs cap IMO. This week just keeps improving, Flyers signing of Vinny just a small sample of how lucky the Habs have been.

I can't wait for the results obtained from the prospect camp this week, sure would have been nice to have had Thomas on hand, he's just the type of team oriented player the Habs look for.

S Bah is online now  
Old
07-02-2013, 07:18 PM
  #300
Franck
Insolent Upstart
 
Franck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 7,660
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
The best setting for McCarron IMO is at Western Michigan under Andy Murray. He will get the best of two hockey world's having Murray as his coach, a former NHL coach. Secondly the training time available to work on any deficiencies he may have, along with dietary concerns, weightlifting etc. Time that won't be available in Junior with London Knights.

I have every reason to be optimistic that Mikey will prove Timmins, Bergevin & the Scouting team were well founded in their decision to draft him in the 1st round. Getting Christian Thomas for Danny Kristo is another feather in the Habs cap IMO. This week just keeps improving, Flyers signing of Vinny just a small sample of how lucky the Habs have been.

I can't wait for the results obtained from the prospect camp this week, sure would have been nice to have had Thomas on hand, he's just the type of team oriented player the Habs look for.
It's pretty funny just how you're basically reacting directly opposite of nearly every other poster on this board.

Franck is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.