HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 5.0

Closed Thread

Old
07-01-2013, 08:19 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
In Sweden.
So, it's very possible that he might not make it just based on his size because he'll get called for a lot of penalties.

Old
07-01-2013, 08:36 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Please remove Kyle Klubertanz from your Habs listing....no longer our property.

Old
07-01-2013, 09:04 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Who do you guys rate better? DLR or Collberg?

I kept hearing that this year's draft was so deep and last year's sucked yet I think Collberg is the clear better player and he was drafted almost at the same position.
Totally different styles. I'd compare Collberg to Lehkonen becore comparing him to De La Rose and the difference isn't important at all.

Old
07-01-2013, 09:22 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Oh no not Klubertanz

Old
07-01-2013, 10:59 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
Totally different styles. I'd compare Collberg to Lehkonen becore comparing him to De La Rose and the difference isn't important at all.
Yes I know they play a different game but if both were available in a draft at the same position I take Collberg before without hesitation.

Old
07-01-2013, 11:02 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie View Post
Im thinking not. That pick was a pick of need, and I think he will be playing in the NHL next year.
I'm thinking you should stop getting high off your mom's prescibed medication. McCarron is nowhere near NHL ready.

Old
07-01-2013, 11:10 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Yes I know they play a different game but if both were available in a draft at the same position I take Collberg before without hesitation.
Collberg has bust potential, not saying he will, but if he doesn't make it as a top-6 he would be miscasted as a bottom-6. De la Rose have very little bust potential and could play on the first or the fourth without being miscasted.

Old
07-01-2013, 11:20 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
I'm thinking you should stop getting high off your mom's prescibed medication. McCarron is nowhere near NHL ready.
McCarron is VERY raw and needs at least two full seasons of junior/college and probably a season after that in the AHL.

Old
07-01-2013, 11:24 PM
Et le But

McCarron playing in the NHL next year would be a good way to ensure he's selling used cars in Detroit in 5 years.

Old
07-01-2013, 11:27 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
There are also people who would tell you that they like Zykov better than Collberg and he went later than Collberg did......

De La Rose brings a rare blend of size/speed/hockey iq/physicality/leadership. Collberg has better puck skills but I am not convinced that TT would definitely take Collberg over DLR.

The fact is that both drafts were very deep but what sets them apart is the number of high end prospects that were available this year as opposed to last season. I highly doubt that Yakupov would have went any higher than 5th in this years crop.

Old
07-01-2013, 11:38 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Please remove Kyle Klubertanz from your Habs listing....no longer our property.
You mean on Friday.

Habs Prospects website
Old
07-02-2013, 12:56 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
McCarron playing in the NHL next year would be a good way to ensure he's selling used cars in Detroit in 5 years.
Too tall. They'll probably make him dress up as one of these:

Old
07-02-2013, 03:51 AM
HabsProspectsExpert
Artturi Lehkonen

Lehkonon is definitely the prospect I am the most pumped about since Gallagher; in terms of steal pick, attitude, swag, skills! He just surpassed Collberg

Old
07-02-2013, 04:57 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
You mean on Friday.
Your fault. Was looking at your site and made that comment...

Yeah, should have realized that it was because of the original date of the UFA period.

Old
07-02-2013, 07:29 AM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danleri View Post
Whats a realistic expectation of seeing McCarron with the big club? 2-3 years? Maybe Grant can give us an idea.
Andy Murray was interviewed on TSN 690 this morning and, when asked the same question, stated that he would expect McCarron to play 2 years in their program and then make the jump directly to the NHL.

Also said that he expects him to be 250lbs by that time, since he's still have lots of room to add muscle without loosing speed.

Last edited by Fozz: 07-02-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Old
07-02-2013, 10:17 AM
charlie

vCash: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie View Post
Im thinking not. That pick was a pick of need, and I think he will be playing in the NHL next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
I'm thinking you should stop getting high off your mom's prescribed medication. McCarron is nowhere near NHL ready.

Moms meds aren't prescribed!!!
And whatever Timmins said whether it was a slip or he accidentally showed his hand he did say. "McCarron fits into our lineup".
Not sure what to make of that comment but that is my own opinion.

Old
07-02-2013, 10:22 AM
TennisMenace

Quote:
I agree. This makes sense.

Old
07-02-2013, 11:59 AM
Cass

What are the chances of Brady Vail playing in Hamilton this coming season? I was just looking at his twitter account and it says he plays for Hamilton. He played pretty well in his little tryout with them. I'm pretty sure he's still not signed or did I miss something?

Old
07-02-2013, 12:10 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cass View Post
What are the chances of Brady Vail playing in Hamilton this coming season? I was just looking at his twitter account and it says he plays for Hamilton. He played pretty well in his little tryout with them. I'm pretty sure he's still not signed or did I miss something?
He joined the Bulldogs only once his OHL season was over. He is only 19, he must go back in the OHL until the OHL season of his team is over.

Old
07-02-2013, 12:20 PM
Cass

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
He joined the Bulldogs only once his OHL season was over. He is only 19, he must go back in the OHL until the OHL season of his team is over.
Thanks! I thought it wasn't right. So I guess we hope to see him signed in the spring?

Old
07-02-2013, 01:01 PM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
So, it's very possible that he might not make it just based on his size because he'll get called for a lot of penalties.
If he doesn't make it it'll be because of the big ice, not the reffing. IIHF referees are the same regardless of where the tournament is held.

Old
07-02-2013, 02:53 PM
Joe Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franck View Post
If he doesn't make it it'll be because of the big ice, not the reffing. IIHF referees are the same regardless of where the tournament is held.
If he doesn't make it , it may be because he is playing in London.

Old
07-02-2013, 03:47 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franck View Post
That is true, but Tom Wilson had a good chance to make team Canada, but they let him go because IIHF refs tend to be against big bodies that can really move.

Old
07-02-2013, 06:07 PM
S Bah

The best setting for McCarron IMO is at Western Michigan under Andy Murray. He will get the best of two hockey world's having Murray as his coach, a former NHL coach. Secondly the training time available to work on any deficiencies he may have, along with dietary concerns, weightlifting etc. Time that won't be available in Junior with London Knights.

I have every reason to be optimistic that Mikey will prove Timmins, Bergevin & the Scouting team were well founded in their decision to draft him in the 1st round. Getting Christian Thomas for Danny Kristo is another feather in the Habs cap IMO. This week just keeps improving, Flyers signing of Vinny just a small sample of how lucky the Habs have been.

I can't wait for the results obtained from the prospect camp this week, sure would have been nice to have had Thomas on hand, he's just the type of team oriented player the Habs look for.

Old
07-02-2013, 07:18 PM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
The best setting for McCarron IMO is at Western Michigan under Andy Murray. He will get the best of two hockey world's having Murray as his coach, a former NHL coach. Secondly the training time available to work on any deficiencies he may have, along with dietary concerns, weightlifting etc. Time that won't be available in Junior with London Knights.

I have every reason to be optimistic that Mikey will prove Timmins, Bergevin & the Scouting team were well founded in their decision to draft him in the 1st round. Getting Christian Thomas for Danny Kristo is another feather in the Habs cap IMO. This week just keeps improving, Flyers signing of Vinny just a small sample of how lucky the Habs have been.

I can't wait for the results obtained from the prospect camp this week, sure would have been nice to have had Thomas on hand, he's just the type of team oriented player the Habs look for.
It's pretty funny just how you're basically reacting directly opposite of nearly every other poster on this board.

Closed Thread