HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Rivet Should Retire.

Old
10-21-2006, 09:13 PM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
So oop007, Should Rivet still retire?
It would be the perfect time, a breakaway goal salvaging a -3.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 10:29 PM
LeGars Du Cable

mu9iiuvg78gbih

LeGars Du Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 10:33 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

hehe, Rivet is probably hearing it from the boys in the locker room after that celebration

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 11:32 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
hehe, Rivet is probably hearing it from the boys in the locker room after that celebration
He should be happy and excited and I really enjoy when players get jacked up after they score, that is one of the main reasons I love Ovechkin

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 12:36 PM
Demogod*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Maroons View Post
Looser:

1. looser

A looser is a loser who can't spell "loser".

http://www.urbandictionary.com

Looser:

http://www.funny-games.biz/looser.html

Looser:

adj. loos·er, loos·est

1. Not fastened, restrained, or contained: loose bricks.
2. Not taut, fixed, or rigid: a loose anchor line; a loose chair leg.
3. Free from confinement or imprisonment; unfettered: criminals loose in the neighborhood; dogs that are loose on the streets.
4. Not tight-fitting or tightly fitted: loose shoes.
5. Not bound, bundled, stapled, or gathered together: loose papers.
6. Not compact or dense in arrangement or structure: loose gravel.
7. Lacking a sense of restraint or responsibility; idle: loose talk.
8. Not formal; relaxed: a loose atmosphere at the club.
9. Lacking conventional moral restraint in sexual behavior.
10. Not literal or exact: a loose translation.
11. Characterized by a free movement of fluids in the body: a loose cough; loose bowels.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/looser

Thanks for pointing out a typo and the insults. You should really take the time to develop the ability not to throw juvenile insults whenever someone has an opinion differing from your own. You won't last long without it.

Its not just you but there seems to be a group of what seems to be 13 year olds who have the social skills of... well, 13 year olds. Any time there is a post that they don't agree with the insults flow like a middle school playground.

The fact of the matter is that Souray and Rivet are defensive liabilities and yet play defense at the same time. They are also near the end of their career and will only become more of a liability.

Do we have players to replace them? No, not yet but I would trade one of them with a prospect before their value equals a bag of pucks.

Demogod* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 12:52 PM
Istvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Great post,but I had to read it 5 timers to get all the words.
Well thankyou McPhee. I try to use one really big impressive word [ retrieved from the dictionary or my younger daughter ] at least once a week and your "Hungarian" tid bit was a lovely invitation. But semi seriously, I have a very good feeling about this edition of the Habs, including Souray and Rivet. There are elements which remind me of some of the very good teams from the past..........yeah i'm talking 60's and 70's here.

Istvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 12:58 PM
Istvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demogod View Post
IMO Rivet and Souray are the last two pieces of cancer the team needs to get rid of. They are loosers that get the job done when they feel like it.
I don't really care about your spelling, we all muck it up now and then. BUT, I have to disagree with you. There are intangibles that both Souray and Rivet bring to the team. These lads are warriors.

Old
10-22-2006, 01:03 PM
Istvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by oop007 View Post
People just assume on this board. Look, maybe I was wrong to say "retire". But he just isn't right for our team anymore. He's too slow. All though he is a solid defensemen(and he is an ironman, I agree with any pro-rivet comments so far because all have been true in this thread), but he's not fast enough and gets beaten frequently. I just think even a less strong, less enforcer type defensemen would be better if they were faster and decent defensively.
Like Streit?

Old
10-22-2006, 01:31 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istvan View Post
Well thankyou McPhee. I try to use one really big impressive word [ retrieved from the dictionary or my younger daughter ] at least once a week and your "Hungarian" tid bit was a lovely invitation. But semi seriously, I have a very good feeling about this edition of the Habs, including Souray and Rivet. There are elements which remind me of some of the very good teams from the past..........yeah i'm talking 60's and 70's here.
The Hungarian Crab Lock was Lord Chezz' handiwork on the Poutine thread, which I think dealt with the issue of how all of us would fell better with the idea of our own immaculate conception.

I also like what I've seen and heard. They have some holes on the team, but I don't know that there are any that they can't compensate for. There are a few points that are key, I believe. They were smart to hire an asst. coach who can make people smile. Muller will be as good as any anti-depressant they could prescribe. I was watching Ryder being interviewed on RDS, by Chantal Maca, something or other [can't spell it] and I got a kick out of the look on the guy's face. He seems to enjoy everything about the game and doesn't get bogged down in the solemnity [ real word ?] of wearing the CH. I like that. The young guys, esp. Higgins and Komisarek, ooze class and professionalism. Both are kids that have obviously came from good stock.

Perez,Pleks seem to play the game with a lot of passion and I hope they both get rewarded soon for the effort.

The vets, whether it's Rivet,Koivu,Souray Kovalev are grownups and don't hide in the trainer's room when they've had a bad game.

It's early, and anything can happen, but I like what I see as far as the team itself goes.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 10:31 AM
oop007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demogod View Post
IMO Rivet and Souray are the last two pieces of cancer the team needs to get rid of. They are loosers that get the job done when they feel like it.
Souray is hot cold. Rivet takes stupid penalties and is slow. Souray could have a great season, lets hope he gets goals more then he gets beat by the other teams offense.

oop007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 11:00 AM
Artie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
obviously came from good stock.
Chicken or beef?

Artie is offline   Reply With Quote