HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Blues Prospects

Closed Thread

Old
07-01-2013, 10:06 AM
Alklha

vCash: 500
Yes, both Tesink and Edmundson are signed and will be turning pro next season.

As for AHL eligibility, if you are drafted out of the CHL then you basically have to be 20 or have had played 4 years in the CHL before your are eligible to go to the AHL. Veilleux joined towards the end of the year because his season with the Wildcats ended before the Rivermen season had ended.

Old
07-01-2013, 12:16 PM
sdaltons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
Yes, both Tesink and Edmundson are signed and will be turning pro next season.

As for AHL eligibility, if you are drafted out of the CHL then you basically have to be 20 or have had played 4 years in the CHL before your are eligible to go to the AHL. Veilleux joined towards the end of the year because his season with the Wildcats ended before the Rivermen season had ended.
ok thanks, that's getting to be quite a group we have in the AHL. i hope the Wolves give them all a fair shot. really excited about both Edmundson and Veilleux the most.

so that also means Carrier will be eligible to play in the AHL after this coming season. that's pretty exciting. i'm starting to really like that pick.

Old
07-01-2013, 12:41 PM
sdaltons

ok next i'd like to discuss the status of some prospects in the Blues system (or maybe not anymore?):

Brett Sonne (do we technically still own his rights?)
the older college guys (Nill/Erstad/Tardy/Gardiner) - still in our system? turning pro anytime soon?
Teemu Eronen (did we let him go?)
Kristofer Berglund

hmm well i thought the list would be longer but i guess that's it

Old
07-01-2013, 01:07 PM
tfriede2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdaltons View Post
ok next i'd like to discuss the status of some prospects in the Blues system (or maybe not anymore?):

Brett Sonne (do we technically still own his rights?)
the older college guys (Nill/Erstad/Tardy/Gardiner) - still in our system? turning pro anytime soon?
Teemu Eronen (did we let him go?)
Kristofer Berglund

hmm well i thought the list would be longer but i guess that's it
I'm not positive, but:

No longer hold rights: Nill/Erstad/Berglund
Hold rights: Sonne (although un-signed at the moment), Tardy, Gardiner, Eronen

Old
07-01-2013, 09:17 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfriede2 View Post
I'm not positive, but:

Pretty sure we lost Eronen this offseason

Old
07-01-2013, 10:36 PM
Meatwagon
Blues=Overrated

vCash: 3041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumblin Erb Brooks View Post
Pretty sure we lost Eronen this offseason
I don't think we lost him, he was just drafted last year or was it 2 yrs ago(?). Anyway, we have 3 yrs to sign non KHL players to ELC's. So we should at least have until the end of this season

Old
07-02-2013, 08:38 AM
sdaltons

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfriede2 View Post
I'm not positive, but:

yeah i'm pretty sure this list is right except Eronen. i'll see if i can find the tweet, but i think i read we cut him loose.

Old
07-02-2013, 08:42 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 270
Apparently Eronen's defense was god awful last year, so I don't really expect him to have a future with us.

Old
07-08-2013, 06:36 AM
Alklha

Blues have the worst group of prospects in the NHL according to Corey Pronman

Old
07-08-2013, 07:16 AM
CptPicard

Hi there Blues fans, could somebody tell me how did Hakanpää play in the AHL this season? Any hope for him to get some minutes in the big league next season?

Old
07-08-2013, 09:53 AM
Alklha

Not much to report really. Only played about a dozen games and was finding his feet, everything I heard was that he was solid. Didn't make any mistakes, didn't do anything that made him stand out either.

As for NHL chances next season, not unless there are trades or injuries. Our right side is set with Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk and Polák, and Cole will be the first to step in if there is an injury.

Old
07-08-2013, 11:00 AM
Robb_K

Quote:
Not much to report really. Only played about a dozen games and was finding his feet, everything I heard was that he was solid. Didn't make any mistakes, didn't do anything that made him stand out either.

As for NHL chances next season, not unless there are trades or injuries. Our right side is set with Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk and Polák, and Cole will be the first to step in if there is an injury.
Let's see him have at least one full season of AHL experience on a 1st or 2nd shift, and get the feel of the North American pro game.

Old
07-08-2013, 03:19 PM
Alklha

Ville Sirén, Head of European Amateur Scouting, has left the Blues to join the Columbus Blue Jackets. Jan Vopat has been promoted to replace him.

Old
07-08-2013, 03:36 PM
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson

Not sure how to feel about this...
Quote:
Andy Strickland ‏@andystrickland 6m
#Stlblues promote Jan Vopat as Head of European Scouting...lose longtime Euro scout Ville Siren to #cbj

Old
07-08-2013, 05:08 PM
jura
booze & blues

vCash: 83
those blues jackets keep taking our guys

Old
07-08-2013, 06:28 PM
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex

I think the Blues are literally the only team in the league that doesn't put on a development camp anymore. That's a really unfortunate budget cut. Not only did I really enjoy going to those but it helps build relationships and analyze the growth of your prospect pool while also getting to take a free look at potential college free agents down the road.

Old
07-08-2013, 06:31 PM
Alklha

I don't understand why the development camp isn't open to the public either. I would have thought that Stillman would have seen the advantages of having it open to the public.

Edit: Totally misread your post. Development camp started today for the Blues, fans can't sit in though.

Old
07-08-2013, 06:39 PM
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex

Quote:
I don't understand why the development camp isn't open to the public either. I would have thought that Stillman would have seen the advantages of having it open to the public.

Edit: Totally misread your post. Development camp started today for the Blues, fans can't sit in though.
Seriously? I was under the impression that the Blues simply don't have a development camp anymore. And why would they have a development camp but not open it to the public? It's a perfect vehicle to start churning the marketing machine for these guys down the road.

Not that I don't believe you, but I found nothing on the Blues site about the team having a rookie/development camp and there are no news stories or tweets from those who cover the team.

Old
07-08-2013, 06:45 PM
Alklha

I've only seen a few tweets here and there talking about it; Yannick Veilleux and others.

Previous ownership had stopped it, but that changed.

Old
07-08-2013, 06:49 PM
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex

Quote:
I've only seen a few tweets here and there talking about it; Yannick Veilleux and others.

Previous ownership had stopped it, but that changed.
Hmm...good find.

So the Blues have some of their top prospects in town and it's completely uncovered by the local media and team website and it's not open to the public. Seems logical.

Old
07-08-2013, 08:02 PM
Alklha

Yeah, it is really weird. Of course they aren't going to make any money from having it open, but the accessibility has value down the road.

At least it is back and the team are getting a good look at the prospects and can give them some more detailed advice.

Old
07-08-2013, 08:37 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

It is odd that it isnt open to the public. The cost of the camp comes from housing, feeding and transporting the prospects, not from opening up the Mills rink up to the public. The store there even probably makes a little more money when its open to the public.

Old
07-08-2013, 08:52 PM
STLBLUES44
LehteraschwenkSHoW

what's the deal with the development camp? when does it start? is it at scottrade?

Old
07-08-2013, 11:22 PM
CptPicard

Quote:

Thank you.

Old
07-09-2013, 12:02 AM
STL fan in IA

Guys, there is no on ice portion to the prospects camp. They just have the kids come into town, get to know the team/management, workout, and leave with a development plan and goals to develop/work on. There's nothing about it that would make sense to be public.

Closed Thread