HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

All-inclusive Bud Holloway Love/Hate Fest

Closed Thread

Old
06-29-2013, 06:35 PM
Scottkmlps

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
The angst towards Holloway around here is hilarious. People don't even know what's being offered.

It's just business. No one is in the right or wrong. I never blame a guy for doing what he feels is in his best interest.
The guy has a chance to come into training camp and impress enough that he has a spot on the left side of the 2nd line playing alongside Richards and Carter and prove his worth in the NHL on a Cup favorite team. He's scored in a less superior league than the NHL. How many players have we seen do that? In my opinion his best interest is to get as much money as he can no matter where he ends up playing. He hasn't proven anything in the NHL and should be paid accordingly to that. He has a golden opportunity to play on a team that can win a Cup. He needs to prove that he can hack it in the NHL, and than get his pay day, not the other way around.

Old
06-29-2013, 06:40 PM
damacles1156

Wouldn't be another Moulson situation ether, no idea why people say that.

Moulson was an UFA and choose the NYI, Bud is making the same choice (seek play time and money).

Purcell is the only guy that the Kings have so to speak given up on.

But Purcell is a RW.

Old
06-29-2013, 06:41 PM
Peter James Bond

Today, the love / hate fest is decidedly on the hate side. Who knows what the supposed breakdown is. I wouldn't doubt it if it is not necessarily a dollar amount, but perhaps the situation in which he does
not make the Kings and if that is the scenario - if he goes to Manchester or back to the SEL. Why? because Bud wants to play in the NHL for the Kings and we already know his second choice is SEL and not Manchester. If that is the case, so be it...a case which will just bring more hate.

I hope he signs and plays with the Kings.

Old
06-29-2013, 07:12 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan999 View Post
They signed hunter and Moreau.
The most stupidest moves ever lol. That was really bad.

Old
06-29-2013, 07:39 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
The angst towards Holloway around here is hilarious. People don't even know what's being offered.

It's just business. No one is in the right or wrong. I never blame a guy for doing what he feels is in his best interest.
LOLOL I agree, we don't even know anything about what either side wants/has offered. But Bud is selfish and is crazy for asking for to much money.

Old
06-29-2013, 08:18 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
The thing is, correct me if I'm wrong here, wasn't Hunter was really good during the preseason and basically won the spot on the team? I know it was down to a few guys, and Terry Murray went with the vets over the kids.

Old
06-29-2013, 08:42 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
The thing is, correct me if I'm wrong here, wasn't Hunter was really good during the preseason and basically won the spot on the team? I know it was down to a few guys, and Terry Murray went with the vets over the kids.
That's correct Hunter beat out everyone for the spot.

Ethan was a Vet signing cause the Kings felt they had no one ready.

Bud had already signed his Euro contract and was over there in Swed.

Old
06-29-2013, 08:53 PM
cubsfan999

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
That's correct Hunter beat out everyone for the spot.

Ethan was a Vet signing cause the Kings felt they had no one ready.

Bud had already signed his Euro contract and was over there in Swed.
I thought he left for Sweden after Moreau and hunter came aboard, since he had such a clutch playoff performance and felt slighted by their signings. Funny how memory works.

Last edited by cubsfan999: 07-02-2013 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Accidental multi-quote
Old
06-29-2013, 09:15 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
The guy has a chance to come into training camp and impress enough that he has a spot on the left side of the 2nd line playing alongside Richards and Carter and prove his worth in the NHL on a Cup favorite team. He's scored in a less superior league than the NHL. How many players have we seen do that? In my opinion his best interest is to get as much money as he can no matter where he ends up playing. He hasn't proven anything in the NHL and should be paid accordingly to that. He has a golden opportunity to play on a team that can win a Cup. He needs to prove that he can hack it in the NHL, and than get his pay day, not the other way around.
Maybe if I read a couple news stories and tweets about you, I could form an opinion on what the best career and life choices are for you, and then criticize you for not making choices that I agree with, even though I have extremely limited knowledge your situation, your priorities, your private life or your family situation.

You see what I mean?

People around here calling him a Prima Donna is no different than people calling Jack Johnson a headcase, or Frolov an alcoholic.

Old
06-30-2013, 01:50 AM
HookKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Believe it or not they weren't. There was this other guy signed...I think he might even still be holed up at the Super 8 in Colorado.

Old
07-01-2013, 02:54 PM
JohanYlinen

Bud Holloway

You guys who think Bud Holloway is some kinda prima donna should waste a few minutes searching for interviews on youtube, they are mostly in english so you would understand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8CJfhOfMcE - Bud Holloway - king of the playoffs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qWt5gu_6xo - Aftergame interview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXLpfLlB7wY - At home interview in his apartment, not very serious but quite charming...

Old
07-02-2013, 09:13 AM
Trolfoli

Sure he's a great guy... just not so good at math... Salary cap dropped, kings are losing roster players... The kings still gave him an offer to come back and he turns it down... quit wasting our time and just go sign at a cap floor team already...

Old
07-02-2013, 09:26 AM
Fat Elvis

It's my guess that DL did not offer a one way contract. I can see their side, have him come in a win a spot. Makes sense.

Old
07-02-2013, 10:35 AM
BallPointHammer
Franchise Enforcer

^^^
Interesting with all the soda and ice cream in the frig.

And the breath-analyzer (sp.?) thingy for driving the car? What am I missing?

Based on the YouTube comments he seems to be well liked and accepted in his home away from home.

Old
07-02-2013, 10:56 AM
Bandit

Who would have guessed that this would be the hot topic of the offseason? 665 posts and counting about Bud Holloway...

Old
07-02-2013, 11:05 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan999 View Post
I thought he left for Sweden after Moreau and hunter came aboard, since he had such a clutch playoff performance and felt slighted by their signings. Funny how memory works.
Nope, he left in July around a week after it came out that Moller was leaving. Moreau wasn't signed until August, several weeks after Moller and Holloway left. Hunter was never even signed to a contract until training camp had begun, he was brought in under a tryout contract and after he won a spot (which was towards the end of training camp) he was signed to a contract by the Kings, which was well into September at that point. If anything Moller and Holloway leaving was the reason that Moreau and Hunter were acquired and not the other way around.

Moreau and Hunter ended up being "Plan B" with the loss of Holloway to Sweden, and Fraser being injured to start the year. The Kings didn't think Nolan and King were ready for the NHL and wanted them to start in the AHL.

Old
07-02-2013, 11:20 AM
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallPointHammer View Post
And the breath-analyzer (sp.?) thingy for driving the car? What am I missing?
Safety feature I've seen talked about but not in use until that video - basically you have to blow in to it and pass the test to get the car to start.

It's a pilot program in some US states and counties solely for prior DUI offenders, however in Europe some countries mandate it given their high drunk driving rates. It's mandatory in France, for example and it also appears to be mandatory in Sweden where (assumedly) Bud's car is registered. http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...cars-by-july-1

Last edited by TonySCV: 07-02-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Old
07-02-2013, 11:37 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Is a 25 year old even eligible to sign a 2 way contract?

Old
07-02-2013, 11:39 AM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Who would have guessed that this would be the hot topic of the offseason? 665 posts and counting about Bud Holloway...
Move over, Justin Schultz!

Old
07-02-2013, 12:00 PM
fuzzerson
¡Ándele!

Send a message via ICQ to fuzzerson
Bud Holloway.... you cant stop him... you can only hope to contain him...

Old
07-02-2013, 01:15 PM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
It's my guess that DL did not offer a one way contract. I can see their side, have him come in a win a spot. Makes sense.
Would it really matter if DL signed him to a one way deal, If holloway doesnt perform couldn't DL just waive him and let someone else claim him? We're going to lose him for nothing anyway otherwise it seems.

Old
07-02-2013, 01:44 PM
santiclaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
We're probably nowhere close to the depth of discussion which took place regarding the great Scott Parse.

Old
07-02-2013, 02:04 PM
WSalt
Rookie User

We'd be sad to lose him. Bud's probably made a bigger impact on saik than he ever will - or would have made - in the NHL, and still I can't imagine people here being bitter about him leaving. Hockey is larger than life in this town, but we don't hate on players for wanting to move on. Don't be so hard on him. And he's not a diva.

Quote:
Safety feature I've seen talked about but not in use until that video - basically you have to blow in to it and pass the test to get the car to start.

It's a pilot program in some US states and counties solely for prior DUI offenders, however in Europe some countries mandate it given their high drunk driving rates. It's mandatory in France, for example and it also appears to be mandatory in Sweden where (assumedly) Bud's car is registered. http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...cars-by-july-1
It's not mandatory in Sweden, but his team's (sponsored) cars are all outfitted with them.

Old
07-02-2013, 02:24 PM
Fishhead

I think Bud knows he has a much better chance at a favorable contract from another team. It's not personal on either side I don't think, if it was, Lombardi wouldn't even have been in discussions. The Kings are up against the cap, a cup contender, and need to maximize the money they spend. No one knows how Holloway will work out, and the Kings want a contingency plan and the ability to send him down if he doesn't. Holloway is in a good situation, and doesn't want to get sent to the AHL and play for far less money. Both sides have valid concerns.

The only way I see Bud signing is if the Kings are willing to take a risk that could potentially handcuff them, or if Holloway has enough confidence in his play where he's certain he will stick with the Kings. I don't mean that in a bad way, anyone can see that the Kings are not thin up front and that there are plenty of really good to great players vying for spots.

Old
07-02-2013, 02:36 PM
Omni Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
We're probably nowhere close to the depth of discussion which took place regarding the great Scott Parse.
Funny you mention Parse. From what I remember he wasn't too bad and scored some pretty nice goals. Too bad injuries ****ed up his career, cuz I actually liked him...

Closed Thread