HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL (Leafs to Extend Husqy Phil)

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2013, 09:45 AM
haseoke39
**** Cycle 4 Eichel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson of the Oilers. Svensson is his true last name and he chose to add "Paajarvi" to honor a grandparent and presumably the Finnish half of his heritage. Guess he hated having a long name on his jersey because he simplified it to Paajarvi at some point after being drafted.
Oh, okay, thanks. That was driving me crazy. I thought the poster had just made up some letters and we were all pretending to understand.

Old
07-02-2013, 11:03 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karate Johnson View Post
Miller doesn't get to "accept" trades.

He gets to make a list of 8 teams, and if Darcy works out a deal with a team not in that list that's where he goes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
I'm pretty sure his point is the Oilers are likely 1 of his 8 teams. So in order for him to go there he would have to "accept" the trade.
That's it.

I'm guessing that Edmonton and Calgary are two teams that are on Miller's list of 8 that he can block a trade to.

Old
07-02-2013, 11:04 AM
ADoubleD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogilny 89 View Post
LOL How did TT become a locker room cancer?
Well I don't know if cancer is the right word for it, but distraction definitely could fit. Remember when the Bruins visited the White House to celebrate their Cup victory, and Thomas refused to go because of his political views. The White House visit is supposed to be a team event to celebrate the team's accomplishments, and Thomas used it as an opportunity to share his political stances. I'm pretty sure this led other Bruins to be asked questions about how they felt about Thomas's absence instead of about the experience of the day or their Cup win.

So yeah that might be what people are referring to. I'm not gonna argue about his political views or whether or not he has the right to do what he did(I know he does). Point is he put himself before his team and some people have a problem with that.

Old
07-02-2013, 11:43 AM
Pondslider

Didn't he also say he was quitting hockey to build a bunker in the Rocky Mountains to protect himself and his family from the economic collapse and breakdown of society that he believed was imminent? Politically he can be whatever he wants, but when he suddenly quits his job and starts spouting survivalist propaganda nobody should be surprised if he starts being perceived as flaky at best and maybe not all there at worst.

Old
07-02-2013, 11:43 AM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Kris Russell on waivers.

Rumored to be a part of some Miller deal at the deadline by St. Louis connected sources, and given our need for LH defensemen all of a sudden, I wouldn't be surprised if Darcy puts in a claim.

Old
07-02-2013, 12:26 PM
TakeThatTootoo
Gare's "Partner"

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
Kris Russell on waivers.

Rumored to be a part of some Miller deal at the deadline by St. Louis connected sources, and given our need for LH defensemen all of a sudden, I wouldn't be surprised if Darcy puts in a claim.
The CHL Defenseman of the Year? The CHL Sportsmen of the Year? The Four Broncos Memorial Trophy Winner? The Brad Hornung Trophy winner? The Bill Hunter Memorial Trophy winner?

That Kris Russell? Nah, couldn't be.

Old
07-02-2013, 12:51 PM
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondslider View Post
Didn't he also say he was quitting hockey to build a bunker in the Rocky Mountains to protect himself and his family from the economic collapse and breakdown of society that he believed was imminent? Politically he can be whatever he wants, but when he suddenly quits his job and starts spouting survivalist propaganda nobody should be surprised if he starts being perceived as flaky at best and maybe not all there at worst.
I helped him pour the 4' thick walls myself...

Old
07-02-2013, 12:58 PM
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeThatTootoo View Post
The CHL Defenseman of the Year? The CHL Sportsmen of the Year? The Four Broncos Memorial Trophy Winner? The Brad Hornung Trophy winner? The Bill Hunter Memorial Trophy winner?

That Kris Russell? Nah, couldn't be.
He is not waiver-eligible, and RFA qualifier would be 1-way only, $1.3M.

Low risk to BUF, IMO. Lower team may make claim, of course.
edit: would not be surprised if FLA, TB or possibly COL put in a claim.

Last edited by brian_griffin: 07-02-2013 at 01:57 PM.
Old
07-02-2013, 01:13 PM
joshjull

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426783

Quote:
According to TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger, Bozak's representatives have put a contract proposal on the table believed to be a length of eight years averaging less than $5 million per season.

Oh my

Old
07-02-2013, 02:34 PM
ZeroPT
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADoubleD View Post
Well I don't know if cancer is the right word for it, but distraction definitely could fit. Remember when the Bruins visited the White House to celebrate their Cup victory, and Thomas refused to go because of his political views. The White House visit is supposed to be a team event to celebrate the team's accomplishments, and Thomas used it as an opportunity to share his political stances. I'm pretty sure this led other Bruins to be asked questions about how they felt about Thomas's absence instead of about the experience of the day or their Cup win.

So yeah that might be what people are referring to. I'm not gonna argue about his political views or whether or not he has the right to do what he did(I know he does). Point is he put himself before his team and some people have a problem with that.
That's more or less what I meant, he's an egotistic waste of space. He hasn't played NHL hockey for a good year now, and is likely even more out of shape then he was before.

Old
07-02-2013, 02:34 PM
ZeroPT
Beast

Quote:
lol that's just ridiculous.

Old
07-02-2013, 02:37 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Yeah...you don't give 8 year deals to the ilk of Tyler Bozak...

On second thought, do it Nonis! Please!

Old
07-02-2013, 02:39 PM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Yeah...you don't give 8 year deals to the ilk of Tyler Bozak...

On second thought, do it Nonis! Please!
I sincerely hope they go 4.5/8.

I will laugh and laugh and laugh.

Old
07-02-2013, 02:50 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
I can't decide if that's better or worse than Clarkson asking for 7yrs and more than $40m.

Old
07-02-2013, 03:01 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
I can't decide if that's better or worse than Clarkson asking for 7yrs and more than $40m.
Clarkson is worse (contract request)

Old
07-02-2013, 03:03 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Hypothetically, he's a 40+ point top 9 forward with at least some positive defensive value who won't impede your first line scoring wingers and can play up and down the lineup as needed. If under five mil means he can be argued down to 4.25 and 6 years, that's UFA overpayment market value.

Clarkson is a less talented Patrick Hornqvist goala asking for ~6 mil because he loses fights sometimes. That's way more egregious. Even at 5 he's a stretch.

Old
07-02-2013, 03:05 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

vCash: 666
Two preseason dates can be deduced from the latest Toronto press release, as we host the Leafs on Sat Sep 21 (7pm) and then head to Toronto on Sun Sep 22 (7pm).

Old
07-02-2013, 03:07 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
Hypothetically, he's a 40+ point top 9 forward with at least some positive defensive value who won't impede your first line scoring wingers and can play up and down the lineup as needed. If under five mil means he can be argued down to 4.25 and 6 years, that's UFA overpayment market value.

Clarkson is a less talented Patrick Hornqvist goala asking for ~6 mil because he loses fights sometimes. That's way more egregious. Even at 5 he's a stretch.
agreed.

A versatile, right handed, 2 way, 45 pt center....at 27 yrs old... has much more value than a 1 dimensional power winger, who doesn't have high end offensive skills.

one is far more likely that end up a cap burden do to limited roster value

Old
07-02-2013, 03:36 PM
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
agreed.

A versatile, right handed, 2 way, 45 pt center....at 27 yrs old... has much more value than a 1 dimensional power winger, who doesn't have high end offensive skills.

one is far more likely that end up a cap burden do to limited roster value
If I'm Bozak, I ask maximum term, so no surprise there. Neither is 5 per as a starting point. It's a starting volley, and helps put the "No" in Nonis. But I could easily see settling at half the total value, e.g., 5 years, 4-per, or maybe even a little richer.

@Jame,
Do you think Regier will have any Sabre-specific UFA signings once Friday comes?

I only expect a two-way signing or two for Rochester, in addition to the previously-signaled-by-Darcy, our hero, Matt Ellis.

I do not expect Briere, nor anyone else signed, and don't expect Miller or Vanek either moved or extended right away, either, and certainly not on 7/1.

Old
07-02-2013, 04:07 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_griffin View Post
If I'm Bozak, I ask maximum term, so no surprise there. Neither is 5 per as a starting point. It's a starting volley, and helps put the "No" in Nonis. But I could easily see settling at half the total value, e.g., 5 years, 4-per, or maybe even a little richer.

@Jame,
Do you think Regier will have any Sabre-specific UFA signings once Friday comes?

I only expect a two-way signing or two for Rochester, in addition to the previously-signaled-by-Darcy, our hero, Matt Ellis.

I do not expect Briere, nor anyone else signed, and don't expect Miller or Vanek either moved or extended right away, either, and certainly not on 7/1.
I don't expect anything earth shattering... but I do expect at least 1 of the 2 short term needs to be addressed...

1. vet, 3rd line center - to compete with Larsson, Porter, Girgensons for the 2 bottom 6 center spots (Hodgson/Grigorenko at the top, Ennis to wing).

2. vet, depth defensemen - to compete with McNabb, Ruhwedel, Ristolainen, (McBain) for the bottom pair and #7/#8 spots. Ehrhoff, Myers, Weber, Pysyk is the top 4 IMO. Some may consider this to be McBain's role... I'd like a bit more competition

Old
07-02-2013, 04:19 PM
omglolnub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
I don't expect anything earth shattering... but I do expect at least 1 of the 2 short term needs to be addressed...

1. vet, 3rd line center - to compete with Larsson, Porter, Girgensons for the 2 bottom 6 center spots (Hodgson/Grigorenko at the top, Ennis to wing).
Did I just hear Jochen Hecht's music?

(yes, I know he retired)

Old
07-02-2013, 04:29 PM
Selanne00008

Quote:
Originally Posted by omglolnub View Post

(yes, I know he retired)
Briere as 3rd line center?

I know I know, the tank.

Old
07-02-2013, 05:44 PM
Jeremy2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by omglolnub View Post

(yes, I know he retired)
You know Lindy is talking to him for Dallas. Do we really want to get into a bidding war?

Old
07-02-2013, 05:46 PM
5 Minute Major

Vinny signed with the Flyers according to Dreger.

Old
07-02-2013, 05:51 PM
Karate Johnson
Zemgus is my Copilot

Flyers are so stupid always.

It's not a bad contract, but they weren't a Lecavlier away from the cup.

Closed Thread