HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Happy Canada Day!

Old
07-01-2013, 09:50 AM
UticaHockey

vCash: 500
Happy Canada Day!

Happy Canada Day to everyone out there in the Vancouver area and all Canucks fans across Canada. Pop a cold one for me and toast to what looked like a great draft yesterday!

UticaHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 11:05 AM
carolinacanuck

vCash: 500
I'm a Canadian living down here in the Carolinas. Everyone here is focused on the upcoming 4th of July festivities, but I've got Canada in my heart and mind today...

And my dual citizenship kids are both sporting the Maple Leaf today.

carolinacanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 02:32 PM
Dado

vCash:
Not for everyone, apparently. Apparently the Legislature (or the crowd nearby) was the target.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...terrorism.html

Quote:
"Two people have been charged in a B.C. Canada Day terror plot that involved pressure cooker bombs similar to the ones used in the Boston Marathon bombings.

Police are expected to release more information about the terrorism charges Tuesday morning.Police are expected to release more information about the terrorism charges Tuesday morning. (CBC)
Court records indicate Amanda Marie Korody, 30, and John Stewart Nuttall, 39, have each been charged with conspiracy to commit an indictable offence, knowingly facilitating a terrorist activity and possession of an explosive substance.

They were arrested Monday and are accused of building explosive devices with the "purpose of causing death or serious bodily injuries" in Victoria on Canada Day."