HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Vincent Lecavalier Thread - Part II: Bergevin's headache

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2013, 02:22 PM
Coldplay
Courage

vCash: 500
More LeBrun.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...hoice-is-close

Quote:
The decision for Lecavalier begins with Montreal. He has to decide whether he wants to go home and deal with both the perks and detriments of playing in his native town. And if he goes home, it’s not going to be for the same kind of money or term other clubs would have offered. If he’s a Hab, it’s more because he really, really wants to be one. Montreal definitely has interest in signing him, but it’s going to have to be on a reasonable deal that fits within its cap and payroll structure.

But no one should fault Lecavalier if he decides to avoid that situation; that’s his choice as a UFA.

I still think Dallas is a solid possibility for Lecavalier if he wants to remain in a quiet, non-traditional hockey place, an environment he long experienced with the Tampa Bay Lightning. And I think the Stars are willing to go five years on a deal.

While it’s true to a degree, as Nashville Predators GM David Poile suggested to his local media Tuesday, that Lecavalier would prefer to stay in the East, it does not preclude him from playing in Dallas, I can tell you that.

Detroit is a great fit, too, and so is Boston mind. We’ll know soon enough.

Old
Habsfan18

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...rc=desktop&wjb

The decision for Lecavalier begins with Montreal. He has to decide whether he wants to go home and deal with both the perks and detriments of playing in his native town. And if he goes home, it’s not going to be for the same kind of money or term other clubs would have offered. If he’s a Hab, it’s more because he really, really wants to be one. Montreal definitely has interest in signing him, but it’s going to have to be on a reasonable deal that fits within its cap and payroll structure.

But no one should fault Lecavalier if he decides to avoid that situation; that’s his choice as a UFA.

I still think Dallas is a solid possibility for Lecavalier if he wants to remain in a quiet, non-traditional hockey place, an environment he long experienced with the Tampa Bay Lightning. And I think the Stars are willing to go five years on a deal.

The Doors

Sorry Vinny but signing in Dallas with "special" advisors Recchi and Gainey will leave your cup chances next to nill

Old
HabsDood

I hate those waiting for nothing things..

Old
07-02-2013, 02:23 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Could we offer Vinny the Mayor of Montreal position?would this be something other cities couidnt offer him?

Old
07-02-2013, 02:24 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
He would be aware of that before meeting with 15 teams....if it was Dallas all along for tax purposes,stop wastin everyones time...
I doubt that there's only one reason for whatever team he chooses to play for. But it's a nice bonus.

When people wonder why Dallas is able to attract vets easily, this is one reason.

Old
07-02-2013, 02:24 PM
Andy

If he doesn't sign with us, I'd prefer him to stay out of the division...especially away from Detroit and Boston. The last thing we need is those teams getting better.

What Lebrun wrote is interesting. Seems like it's really going to be a tough decision for Lecavalier. This might be the only chance he ever gets to play for Montreal...

Old
07-02-2013, 02:25 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

Lecavalier with Dallas would be like Chad Kroeger and Avril Lavigne, it's ugly and it doesn't fit.

Btw did you guys know habsprospects was a huge Avril Lavigne fan ? jfyi.

Old
07-02-2013, 02:25 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post

The Lecavalier chicken suits and tshirts would be hot sellers in Montreal..lol

I mean come on goin on 34,not having to spend 15 yrs under a lamp in Montreal..

Anyways ,will soon see....I like that were not front runners like for Hossa..lol

If LeBrun doesnt think Vinny passin on Montreal wont be considered a slap to the face of Quebec,then sorry Pierre...lol when you say no one shouldnt fault Vinny,this is Quebec man your talkin about here..lol

He said he wants to go to a playoff team.chance to win cup...that was about 6 days ago...Dallas hasnt been to the playoffs ,in 5 yrs...

Last edited by Habaneros: 07-02-2013 at 02:41 PM.
Old
07-02-2013, 02:26 PM
The Doors

Quote:
Could we offer Vinny the Mayor of Montreal position?would this be something other cities couidnt offer him?
no but a great job for say Ribeiro

Old
07-02-2013, 02:28 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
Something tells me I was wrong and Montreal might just land Lecavalier! All signs are pointing to it.

1) He saiod NO to Calgary as per David Pagnotta
2) He wants to stay in the East
3) Philadelphia and Boston do not have the cap space
4) Montreal has very high interest on signing him
5) He is seriousley considering Montreal

6) Eklund hasn't said he's signing with the Habs..

Lecavalier signing with the Habs would be nice but if he signs elsewhere then good luck to him.. I'd be happy if he signed with the Habs but not really disappointed if he didn't. Just get it over with quickly and don't let it drag out is all I ask.

Old
07-02-2013, 02:31 PM
Uber Coca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post

Pretty much what has been going around for a while on this board.

What's up with Renaud Lavoie? He's normally so proud of his Lecavalier connections.

Old
07-02-2013, 02:31 PM
Andy

Has it been confirmed that Vincent can sign before the 5th because he's a buyout? Or does he have to wait for the 5th like the other UFAs?

Old
07-02-2013, 02:32 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Has it been confirmed that Vincent can sign before the 5th because he's a buyout? Or does he have to wait for the 5th like the other UFAs?
I think he has to wait to sign but he can agree to terms on a deal starting at 12:01 tomorrow. Correct me if I'm wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Coca View Post
What's up with Renaud Lavoie? He's normally so proud of his Lecavalier connections.
The calm before the storm.

Old
07-02-2013, 02:36 PM
zzoo

Decision soon:

Old
07-02-2013, 02:37 PM
Marc-E-

Quote:
There's a way to give him tons of bonus without been count on the cap (Brown envelopes)

Old
07-02-2013, 02:39 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 230
Stay out of the general forum thread ladies and gentlemen!

Got an infraction for saying he's not going to Dallas or Philly cause Eklund said so. "Eklund is a legit source" hahaha how can you get an infraction for that!

Old
07-02-2013, 02:41 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Stay out of the general forum thread ladies and gentlemen!

Got an infraction for saying he's not going to Dallas or Philly cause Eklund said so. "Eklund is a legit source" hahaha how can you get an infraction for that!
Maybe Eklund is a mod here...

Old
07-02-2013, 02:42 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Maybe Eklund is a mod here...

"Well that seals it, he's not going to Dallas or Philly" is what I said haha. So offensive!

Old
07-02-2013, 02:43 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
I'm glad MB is not going ******* on him like BG when he was offering Price Subban and co 4 years ago.

VL is a good player, but overpaying would hurt our chances at winning a cup, not help it.

Old
07-02-2013, 02:44 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Sundin /Shane Doan...i learned what soon is...

Old
07-02-2013, 02:44 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Come to think of it - it's worrisome/odd Lavoie hasn't said anything at all about Vinny recently. Hmm.

Old
07-02-2013, 02:45 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
He can't sign till the 5th like other UFA's but can talk to teams before the 3rd unlike other UFA's.

Old
07-02-2013, 02:45 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
I'm glad MB is not going ******* on him like BG when he was offering Price Subban and co 4 years ago.

VL is a good player, but overpaying would hurt our chances at winning a cup, not help it.
Or Montreal sitting back....on purpose....why drive the bids up??? Why have the agents keep going to other teams,ya Montreal offered us this.then they trump it...

Wait,then come in last minute...

Old
07-02-2013, 02:46 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Come to think of it - it's worrisome/odd Lavoie hasn't said anything at all about Vinny recently. Hmm.
Pas de nouvelle, bonne nouvelle.

Closed Thread