HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs trade Danny Kristo to NYR for Christian Thomas

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2013, 05:05 PM
sharks9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
Christian Thomas really came on at the end of the season in Connecticut, so that's a positive. His points came when the team needed them the most. I think it's a pretty even trade.
Glad to hear! Looking forward to actually seeing him play before declaring this trade the greatest tragedy in Montreal Canadiens history.

Old
07-02-2013, 05:06 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Character guys that are 5'9 and don't particularly excel.

Seems about par the course for the past 20 some odd years. Suppose we probably weren't going to get much for Kristo anyways, but whatever.

This management team is already disappointing me.
What are you talking about? I really know nothing about this guy but apparently he has good potential, the difference is that if he makes the NHL he will be a good lockerroom guy. If you fill an entire team with these types of guys it will certainly help us win.

Old
07-02-2013, 05:06 PM
StellerEller
Free Pateryn

vCash: 351
I'm split on my feelings about the trade. Clearly the off-ice crap was enough to trump his potential, and Kristo needed to be moved in the opinion of the management. On the other hand, I'm not sure Thomas will be anything of value for us. I will give him the time to prove himself, but I feel that MB should've fetched a pick or possibly worked out a larger package (for both sides). Kristo's ability is unreal, it's all about his attitude. I really hope we didn't get hosed by NYR again.

Edit: I also like that he's younger and he looks thick for a short guy.

Old
07-02-2013, 05:07 PM
LARGECAT DAMPHOUSSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
The height obsession over here has reached the level of self-parody. It's especially funny considering the Habs just drafted a guy who looks like a football tight end, and it's still not enough.

The same people complaining about Thomas' height would have wanted Kristo traded even if he makes the NHL, for being below 6'.
it is like the height of our players must be equal or bigger to the size we want our penisi to be.

Old
07-02-2013, 05:07 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
You'd rather have nothing than a legitimate asset because of size alone? Christ you're really posting some doozies lately.
If we don't have Thomas there is no chance he makes our roster and I really don't want a team of midgets for the next 10 years.

If Bergevin finds Kristo's behaviour unacceptable an outright release sends that message loud and clear and in a manner that can not be misunderstood to the rest of the team. Nothing wrong with using this tactic once or twice in a GM's career.

Old
07-02-2013, 05:08 PM
LeMAD

People are pissed off because because they thought Kristo was a good prospect, which he wasn't.

Old
Grant McCagg
@grantmccagg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
Pretty stupid trade kristo had some more value then this, why not just get another pick in the draft that just passed
Perhaps because..since he was drafted Thomas scored 50 goals in an OHL season and 19 as an AHL rookie? More proven than a second or third rounder from this draft.

Old
belko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
If we don't have Thomas there is no chance he makes our roster and I really don't want a team of midgets for the next 10 years.

If Bergevin finds Kristo's behaviour unacceptable an outright release sends that message loud and clear and in a manner that can not be misunderstood to the rest of the team. Nothing wrong with using this tactic once or twice in a GM's career.
Wasting an asset for which someone's willing give you something of value? Yeah, that'll show him..

Old
07-02-2013, 05:09 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemad View Post
people are pissed off because because they thought kristo was a good prospect, which he wasn't.
bing-****ing-o.

Old
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
I don't think grammar has any bearing on his hockey career. This trade makes little sense. Gave up on him after 9 AHL games? For a minor league smurf??
Well it was a joke, plus this size thing is getting insane. You have never watched the guy play yet you criticize the trade? Just because he's 5'9''?

Old
Estimated_Prophet

This site becomes more pathetic by the minute.

I think is a good trade. I never liked Kristo as he is a beanpole with poor hockey sense and an immature attitude.

Thomas is listed as being 162 lbs but that is from his draft year and I can guarantee you he is much heavier than that now. He plays a much bigger game than Kristo that is far better suited to the NHL. Kristo will be completely ineffective in the NHL unless he learns to simplify his game as he is currently a bag of tricks that will only work against other kids.

Thomas takes the puck to the net and goes to the dirty areas of the ice. Potentially a faster version of Gallagher with a better shot....minus a little of the abrasiveness. Thomas is a winner whereas Kristo is a whiner......

Old
haburger*

Quote:
I don't think grammar has any bearing on his hockey career. This trade makes little sense. Gave up on him after 9 AHL games? For a minor league smurf??
this trade makes little sense because most on here dont know anything about hockey.we think we do ,but in reality we dont.hf boards is fantasy land.sure i question mb from time to time but never have i acted like i know anywhere near what he does about the nhl.

Old
07-02-2013, 05:10 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Kristo was alright, just taking a long time to turn pro. Finally did, but I guess everyone had enough of the waiting.

Kinda bummed he's gone as I was looking forward to seeing what he can do, but I've never seen him nor Thomas play. Rags fans seem upset too, so I guess maybe it's a good deal.

EDIT: As it turns out, Thomas' 1 NHL game was against the Habs, so maybe I did see him play

Old
LesHabs66

Why so flustered by trading a guy that is two inches taller, two pounds heavier, and two years older for a player that has at least managed a full AHL season including a call up to the Rangers for a game? From what I have read about Kristo he seems to have a passion for shots (not the wrist or slap varieties) and has a knack for getting into alcohol related trouble. Not a big loss.

Old
overlords
youmyboyblou!

John lu reporting that bergevin played with his dad in chicago. Cool.

Old
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Quote:
The minor league smurf outscored our minor leaguers... at 20.

Old
07-02-2013, 05:11 PM
Seb
#LoseForMatthews

vCash: 50
How can anyone miss the little ginger? He had attitude problem, didn't want to play in Montréal and the worst of all he's not even that great of a prospect.

Old
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Quote:
Thomas is an interesting prospect and is the son of Steve Thomas. He’s small at 5′9′’170 but plays with energy and has a physical element to his game. He’s a quick skater, with above-average skill but his best tool is his shot. “He’s a pure goal scorer” said one NHL scout as Thomas scores goals in all kinds of ways be it going to the net or long distance snipes. His counting numbers in his rookie AHL season were just decent, but Thomas’ ice time was low during the lockout and got more power play time in the second half. His offensive abilities aren’t as dynamic as Kristo’s but he can make plays although at times will be tunnel visioned.
http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/unfiltered/?p=357

Old
belko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
This site becomes more pathetic by the minute.

I think is a good trade. I never liked Kristo as he is a beanpole with poor hockey sense and an immature attitude.

Thomas is listed as being 162 lbs but that is from his draft year and I can guarantee you he is much heavier than that now. He plays a much bigger game than Kristo that is far better suited to the NHL. Kristo will be completely ineffective in the NHL unless he learns to simplify his game as he is currently a bag of tricks that will only work against other kids.

Thomas takes the puck to the net and goes to the dirty areas of the ice. Potentially a faster version of Gallagher with a better shot....minus a little of the abrasiveness. Thomas is a winner whereas Kristo is a whiner......
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=6771

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=8358

TSN has them 2 pounds apart.

Old
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

From the draft day whining to this trade, people feel the need to express themselves after giving a whole 8 seconds of thought to a situation.

There were yellow flags all over Kristo. They traded him for an offensive player who grew up under Steve Thomas' rules. Let's see it play out.

Old
07-02-2013, 05:12 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post

So by your logic we should get rid of Gallagher.....

Old
07-02-2013, 05:13 PM
danisonfire
2313 Saint Catherine

Quote:
If a person is in university for four years and doesn't know the difference, it show that they're not really focussing on studying at all. There should be a desire as a person to develop their abilities on and off the ice.

Old
07-02-2013, 05:13 PM
LeHaboholique

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRSTYCIQkuY seems like a funny good quality guy.

Old
07-02-2013, 05:14 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by belko View Post
I guarantee you that these stats are wrong.

Old
07-02-2013, 05:14 PM
Matteus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
Doesn't know the difference between there and their, thank god he was traded.
A shame they usually don't keep them in college for a 5th year

Closed Thread