HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Goodbye Peckham, Plante, Teubert and Cornet

Old
07-02-2013, 05:54 PM
Asher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabomb View Post
Such a disappointing draft pick Plante was. Was there anyone else we could have taken at that pick?
Well, the Oilers did like Plante more than some other defenseman named PK Subban. I hear he's had a pretty good career.

Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 05:55 PM
Hockey Buddha
Darnell Nurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by DousedInOil View Post
It's funny because multiple media members said the Oilers would keep Peckham. Good moves.

Of all three of those guys, Teubert is the most disappointing. He went from being one of the best dmen on the Monarchs to a guy who couldn't even play in the AHL.
As a fitness geek, I think Eakin's eyeballs might have exploded, if Peckham had been qualified.

Hockey Buddha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 06:47 PM
Lindo

Time to let the prospects play in OKC. The latest prospects should be playing over Cornet/Cheechoo/Green now and we have so many D prospects about to turn pro. Very good news.

Lindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 06:55 PM
SephF
Thanks Smytty

Man Teubert just fell right off a cliff. What happened to him in OKC? It's like he just got worse and worse.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 06:56 PM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
It's funny because multiple media members said the Oilers would keep Peckham. Good moves.

Of all three of those guys, Teubert is the most disappointing. He went from being one of the best dmen on the Monarchs to a guy who couldn't even play in the AHL.
^for me it's Plante only because it was the Oilers who wasted their own mid round pick on this guy. seems like Plante and Teubert are the same type of player...big and tough but can't skate well enough to play in the NHL. oh well, we'll see if they get signed by someone else or not.

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 07:01 PM
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManByng View Post
^for me it's Plante only because it was the Oilers who wasted their own mid round pick on this guy. seems like Plante and Teubert are the same type of player...big and tough but can't skate well enough to play in the NHL. oh well, we'll see if they get signed by someone else or not.
Agreed, LA threw him in like a bag of moldy tangerines. Plante was a actual Oilers drafting failure.

Psycho Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 07:03 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

See ya Bustham, Bustante and Teubust!

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 07:03 PM
The Head Crusher

vCash: 18821
Send a message via MSN to The Head Crusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
Should've picked Max!

What were you thinking, Edmonton?

God i hate Max Pacioretty. His attitude after his suspension a year or two ago I hated.

07-02-2013, 07:04 PM
aleshemsky83

Quote:

I don't know if thats true but his junior career was pretty mediocre. I never thought he would be any good.

aleshemsky83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 07:05 PM
stratedge
Rebuild, year 4...

vCash: 50
I'm going to miss Peckham. I think he could be playing in the NHL this year. We'll see.

stratedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MetaOil1993

vCash: 450
Glad Plante is gone, what a bust!! hated the pick in 2007 and still hate it now. Peckham will find work somewhere IMO as a 7-8 guy or AHL call up. Teubert probably goes to Europe IMO. Was hoping for him to at least make it as a 6-7 guy but he just totally sucked in OKC.

MetaOil1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
alphahelix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Dad View Post
Agreed, LA threw him in like a bag of moldy tangerines. Plante was a actual Oilers drafting failure.
Lets not forget that Teubert was a major Pro Scouting failure , of which there are dozens.

I hope this doesn't chafe Eberle too badly.

alphahelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 07:08 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahelix View Post
Lets not forget that Teubert was a major Pro Scouting failure , of which there are dozens.

I hope this doesn't chafe Eberle too badly.
Its ok, he has a new best friend. (lol girls)

But let's hope their friendship doesn't have a mistress.

Old
07-02-2013, 07:14 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican View Post
See ya Bustham, Bustante and Teubust!
I get your point, but a 25 year old third rounder who's played 160 games in the NHL isn't a bust

07-02-2013, 07:15 PM
Behind Enemy Lines

This team is really asking for the leap of faith from its fans.

They have cleared out the prospect pool. Teubert I really believe is too early to give up on. Very disappointed they've given up on him so young. Plante became a dinosaur with the game change out of the lockout. Add a paper head wiTh multiple concussions and he is just not good enough.

Peckham ate his way off the NHL roster which cost the Oil a third round pick for Fistric which has become nothing. Jones was their most effective bottom six the last several years and still under thirty. Could have been flipped at the deadline for a pick now gone for zero. Whitney the back end of Stoll/Greene who begat Visnovsky which begat Whitney is now gone for nothing ... Again who could have brought a draft pick at the deadline. Smithson gone who cost a fifth round pick as a rental gone.

The Oil mirage surge at the deadline cost then draft position at the table and paralysis to get rid of players for more picks. Trying to keep the faith but boy this team seems to be lurching creating more holes for the roster and pipeline. Waiting for the big, bold moves please. Please. PLEASE.

Behind Enemy Lines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 07:15 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
I get your point, but a 25 year old third rounder who's played 160 games in the NHL isn't a bust
You are, if CP44 Ver2.0 gets your spot.

Old
07-02-2013, 07:17 PM
JetsOilersfan

Ah yes - back in the Lowe/Prednergrast days. Remember those? Lowe especially (and still does) figure cause he won six Stanley Cups as a player it makes him a certifiable hockey genius.

I wonder what Jesse Ninnimaki is doing now? I also wonder, based on the MacT's picks, if Lowe had any influence in this past draft - heard today the two ruskies we took have no intention of playing in North America..... great. I hope Jarry has a long and fruitful career.

JetsOilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 07:17 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
I don't mind this. Makes room for other big young defenders who'll be AHL eligible next season.

Shouldn't Musil and Gernat be on the Barrons next year?

3 more contracts below the limit is really important for us at this point.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 07:19 PM
misfit

vCash: 50
Not surprised about any of the defensemen. It might've been a good idea to keep Cornet, but who knows...maybe they sign him to an AHL deal to keep him from counting Against the 50 contract limit.

misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 07:25 PM
Chooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum17 View Post
Interesting that they qualified Hovinen and Tyrvainen.
Hovinen, especially. That guy is just all around bad.

Chooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 07:26 PM
belair

Disappointing when three of those guys bring exactly what we're lacking on the back end....Toughness, physicality and a bit of crazy. Just a shame that none of them could play a lick of hockey.

Peckham is especially disappointing when you consider how well he played just a few years ago. Just got his brains scrambled by Nathan Horton and never got back to normal. Maybe, with a lot of work, he can carve out a Mark Fraser-like career.

Best of luck to all of them though.

belair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 07:29 PM
MetaOil1993

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behind Enemy Lines View Post
This team is really asking for the leap of faith from its fans.

They have cleared out the prospect pool. Teubert I really believe is too early to give up on. Very disappointed they've given up on him so young. Plante became a dinosaur with the game change out of the lockout. Add a paper head wiTh multiple concussions and he is just not good enough.

Peckham ate his way off the NHL roster which cost the Oil a third round pick for Fistric which has become nothing. Jones was their most effective bottom six the last several years and still under thirty. Could have been flipped at the deadline for a pick now gone for zero. Whitney the back end of Stoll/Greene who begat Visnovsky which begat Whitney is now gone for nothing ... Again who could have brought a draft pick at the deadline. Smithson gone who cost a 4th round pick as a rental gone.

The Oil mirage surge at the deadline cost then draft position at the table and paralysis to get rid of players for more picks. Trying to keep the faith but boy this team seems to be lurching creating more holes for the roster and pipeline. Waiting for the big, bold moves please. Please. PLEASE.
Fixed , Its been like this for years. Awful asset management and horrible pro scouting

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsOilersfan View Post
Ah yes - back in the Lowe/Prednergrast days. Remember those? Lowe especially (and still does) figure cause he won six Stanley Cups as a player it makes him a certifiable hockey genius.

I wonder what Jesse Ninnimaki is doing now? I also wonder, based on the MacT's picks, if Lowe had any influence in this past draft - heard today the two ruskies we took have no intention of playing in North America..... great. I hope Jarry has a long and fruitful career.
What?? Stu and Stauffer have said they wanna come to NA after there current KHL deals end next year.

MetaOil1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 07:32 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chooch View Post
Hovinen, especially. That guy is just all around bad.
They get to keep his rights for free. If he plays next year, and figures it out, hes ours, for free, and no 50 contract slot taken up.

Omark, Harski, Toivenen, and Tyrvainanen don't count against the limit.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 07:36 PM
Tyrolean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabomb View Post
Such a disappointing draft pick Plante was. Was there anyone else we could have taken at that pick?
Cherapanov (RIP).

Tyrolean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 07:37 PM
The Head Crusher

vCash: 18821
Send a message via MSN to The Head Crusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsOilersfan View Post

Been playing in the SM-liiga for the last several years, mostly for Ilves Tampere but last year was traded to the Pelicans where he plays with the once can't miss prospect Angelo Esposito....and Ryan O'Marra.

The Head Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote