HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Nigel William

Old
10-20-2006, 02:11 PM
Comrie_fan

vCash: 500
Nigel William

all prospect media predict him a good career in the nhl. a first round pick. Why he fall in 2nd round ? Can u give me the thing he do in defense and the thing he don't do ???

Thnx

Comrie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2006, 05:46 PM
USA!

Im sure some wisc fans could tell you lots about him. So far I think he has been watching games from the stands. I ve heard that he needs lots of work.

USA! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 12:34 AM
X-SHARKIE

Send a message via AIM to X-SHARKIE
He looked great last year against Wisconsin, but so far he hasn't played a game at the Kohl Center....

X-SHARKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2006, 07:49 AM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
He is a ridiculously raw prospect, from a hockey point of view he's barely a defenseman.

However, he is also amazingly gifted athletically. If he can ever develop a solid hockey sense he could be an amazing defenseman. He's one of those players where you hope he can slowly build on his play and get better. I don't expect him getting a lick of NHL time until at least 6 years from now.

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 10:51 AM
PuckFan01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 19 View Post
He is a ridiculously raw prospect, from a hockey point of view he's barely a defenseman.

However, he is also amazingly gifted athletically. If he can ever develop a solid hockey sense he could be an amazing defenseman. He's one of those players where you hope he can slowly build on his play and get better. I don't expect him getting a lick of NHL time until at least 6 years from now.
Williams reminds me of those work out warriors that NFL scouts drool over. You know the type: a bigger guy that runs faster than most guys his size and is a "natural athlete". Then the guy gets drafted early, puts on a pro uniform and ends up being a bust (like Mike Mamula was). Why? Because he doesn't have the instincts for that sport to go along with the athletic ability.

Athletic ability is nice but if you don't have the instincts or a head for the game, your athletic ability doesn't mean diddly. Usually the code word for that description is that a player is "raw". I would guess NHL scouts are smart enough to understand that and the closer they watched him last year, the more they dropped his stock.

PuckFan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 04:52 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckFan01 View Post
Williams reminds me of those work out warriors that NFL scouts drool over. You know the type: a bigger guy that runs faster than most guys his size and is a "natural athlete". Then the guy gets drafted early, puts on a pro uniform and ends up being a bust (like Mike Mamula was). Why? Because he doesn't have the instincts for that sport to go along with the athletic ability.

Athletic ability is nice but if you don't have the instincts or a head for the game, your athletic ability doesn't mean diddly. Usually the code word for that description is that a player is "raw". I would guess NHL scouts are smart enough to understand that and the closer they watched him last year, the more they dropped his stock.
That's basically it, only problem being that he does show signs of knowing what's going on. He's one of those players where you don't really want to waste a pick on him, but there's that slight chance that he could turn out to be an absolute beast.

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2006, 10:44 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
He dropped since he's a braindead player on the ice. I hardly expect him to have any form of real impact at the NHL level unless he pretty much has a turnaround in his mental game.

He's not skilled enough where his skills can make his mental game any less important.

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote