HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > HFNHL Talk
HFNHL Talk HFNHL is a full-simulation fantasy league that uses the FHL simulator to determine the outcome of games over a full 82-game season.

NHL vs HFNHL drafts - How did you do?

Old
06-30-2013, 11:10 PM
Dempsey

vCash: 50
NHL vs HFNHL drafts - How did you do?

How did everyone fare in the NHL draft today? Here are the Kings results:

Ryan Hartman - Got him at 24th, Went to CHI at 30th, -6 spots
Colton Parayko - Got him at 105th, Went in 2012 to STL at 86th, +19 spots*
Andrew Copp - Got him at 143rd, Went to WIN at 104th, +39 spots
Sean Maguire - Got him at 144th, Went in 2012 to PIT at 113th, +31 spots*
Amil Krupic - Got him at 174th, Undrafted in NHL
Tucker Poolman - Got him at 200th, Went to WIN at 127th, +73 spots
Jayden Hart - Got him at 204th, Undrafted in NHL

* = different draft years in NHL and HFNHL

All-in-all I'm pretty happy. Only guy who dropped was Hartman, and he was picked by the Blackhawks which will only help him show his value Andrew Shaw style during a future long playoff run (in a perfect world). Two undrafted guys, maybe Krupic will prove worthy next year. Jayden Hart I now wish I hadn't put on my list after reading more up on him. Ah well. How did everyone else do?

Dempsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 11:35 PM
Canuck09

vCash: 500
Was typing mine up as this was posted. Click the link below...

Lightning Draft Results

Canuck09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:21 AM
Regal Beagles

DUCKS

Elias Lindholm - HFNHL 6th overall, Went to CAR at 5th, +1 spot
Zach Fucale - HFNHL 30th overall, Went to MTL at 36th, -6 spots
Marc_Olivier Roy - HFNHL 71st overall, Went to EDM at 56th, +15 spots
Dylan Labbe - HFNHL 170th overall, Went to MIN at 107th, +63 spots
Marc McNulty - HFNHL 177th overall, Went to DET at 169th, + 8 spots
Blake Henrich - HFNHL at 182nd overall, Went to WSH at 144th, +38 spots
Mark Yanis - HFNHL 201st overall, Undrafted in NHL

Overall, a very successful first draft by the new Ducks franchise. Am surprised that Lindholm ended up in Carolina, but he will be in a good spot there. I'm surprised Calgary didn't use one of their firsts on Fucale, but by going to Montreal that should be good. Price is young, but this gives Fucale a chance to develop and backup a proven number one to start out. Roy to the Oilers is fantastic....exactly the type of player they need and good for my Ducks. Labbe and Henrich were the two big jumpers for me at 63 and 38 spots respectively. Minny and Wsh both have needs at D so it could be good landing spots. Yanis undrafted isn't a huge surprise, but could still end up being a decent prospect as he looks like a late bloomer.

A+

Regal Beagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 03:06 AM
MatthewFlames

Send a message via AIM to MatthewFlames Send a message via MSN to MatthewFlames Send a message via Yahoo to MatthewFlames Send a message via Skype™ to MatthewFlames
For the Flamettes

Nichushkin - to the Dallas Stars - 10th, down 5
* Not surprised - could have gone anywhere - wouldn't have been surprised if he fell into the 20's. Just wanted him in the right spot franchise wise and I think this was a good one. Dallas has let one of my prospects who hasn't developed physically remain in Europe and I am not afraid to see Nichushkin stay in the KHL like Tarasenko. Even with that said - I think he should make this roster and play in the NHL next year. Redoing the draft today I would draft him again.

Müller (not Mueller) - to the San Jose Sharks - 18th, up 17
* Love it! Not only did the Sharks draft him much earlier than I got him but they paid the price of another 2nd round pick to move up just two spots to grab him. If that doesn't give you confidence in how good this kid might be...

Dauphin - to the Phoenix Coyotes - 39th, up 1
* Went right where projected by most. Another franchise that does a decent job developing. Dauphin needs a lot of time to bulk up and he's a few years away. Looking forward to seeing if he can make the WJC squad.

Carrier - to the St Louis Blues - 57th, down 15
* The small fall is tempered by three things - 1) I fell asleep after the Müller pick and when I woke at 5 am and looked through the lists I missed his name and initially thought he was undrafted (damn Greek wine!) 2) the Blues traded up hard to get him with this pick 3) the Blues do develop well and patiently. Look forward to having him play on Bergy's wing. There is no doubt his lack of exposure when it mattered in his eligible season hurt his draft position.

Bjorkstrand - to the Columbus Blue Jackets - 87th, down 32
* Obviously overreached and what's worse is that I also wanted MA Roy when I traded up and may have picked the wrong one, as Roy went in the 2nd. Regardless he'll be on Anisimovs wing in a few years.

Ellis & Leschenko - undrafted. - thanks for nothing Brock (kidding)

MatthewFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 06:22 AM
kasper11

Sean Monahan - HFNHL 8, NHL 6, +2
Rasmus Ristolainen - HFNHL 15, NHL 8, +7
Pavel Bucnhevich - HFNHL 46 NHL 75, -29

I knew Buchnevich would be picked much later, to be honest I was a little worried he would go undrafted altogether so I am pretty happy he went in the mid-third.

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 07:48 AM
Lord Stanley

Alexander Barkov - Plus 2 - HFNHL 4th - NHL 2nd - Florida Panthers
Really excited to see Barkov go to Florida. They are really building up a nice young group of players, and I don't think it'll be long til they are in the playoffs.

Zach Nastasiuk - Minus 10 - HFNHL 38th - NHL 48th - Detroit Redwings
I really like Nastasiuk. Although he went further down in the NHL draft, he really couldn't have gone to a better organization. Detroit is patient with their young guys and make sure they are ready for the show.

Hudson Fasching - Minus 58 - HFNHL 60th - NHL 118th - Los Angeles Kings
A year ago this was a kid projected as a possible 1st round pick. He dropped 58 spots from where I picked him which is disappointing. Kings will let him develop in NCAA.

J.C Lipon - Minus 23 - HFNHL 68th - NHL91st - Winnipeg Jets
Not surprised he went further down from where I picked him and I'm okay with that. Lipon was a guy as mentioned before that I wanted to make sure I got. I think Winnipeg is a very good fit for him.

Nick Sorensen - Plus 27 - HFNHL 72nd - NHL 45th - Anaheim Ducks
The Ducks do a good job of drafting so having Sorensen go to them and 27 slots ahead of where I got him is a bonus.

Jonathan-Ismael Diaby - Plus 11 - HFNHL 75th - NHL 64th - Nashville Predators
Can never be disappointed when one of your d-man get drafted by the Predators. Nashville seems to just be a factory for defenseman, which only bodes well for me and Diaby going forward.

Linus Arnesson - Plus 25 - HFNHL 85th - NHL 60th - Boston Bruins
Good organization that will be patient with Arnesson and let him develop.

Eric Roy - Minus 48 -HFNHL 87th - NHL 135th - Calgary Flames
This is a guy that to me was either could go either way being selected earlier then I took him or much further down. Has excellent offensive skills, but clearly teams were afraid of his defensive game. For me this is a huge disappointment not only did he really drop, but he ends up going to clown college or should I say Calgary. Almost makes me just want to cut him from my prospect list before he even gets there.

Kurt Etchegary - Minus - HFNHL 128th - NHL Undrafted
Really surprised that Etchegary wasn't selected. He really plays a solid all around game. His offensive upside may be limited, but I guess being injured for much of the season really didn't help scouts get a good feel for the kid. Hopefully he has a big year next year and gets drafted.

Eamon McAdam - Plus 60 - HFNHL 130th - NHL 70th - New York Islanders
Really took a big jump up from where I picked him. Was selected ahead of other goalies like Hogberg, Saros and teammate Calvin Petersen all of whom were rated higher on various lists. I'm just unsure of how I feel about him ending up with the Islanders. Who was the last goaltender that the Islanders developed?

Draft pick breakdown by round HFNHL
1- Barkov
2- Nastasiuk, Fasching
3- Lipon, Sorensen, Diaby, Arnesson, Roy
4-
5- Etchegary, McAdam
6-
7-

Draft pick breakdown by round NHL
1- Barkov
2- Sorensen, Nastasiuk, Arnesson
3- McAdam, Diaby
4- Lipon, Fasching
5- Roy
6-
7-
Undrafted - Etchegary

Last edited by Lord Stanley: 07-01-2013 at 07:56 AM.
Lord Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 08:39 AM
SPG

Rangers report... did pretty well, considering I didn't have a 1st or 4th round pick. Lot's of +'s:

2nd Round, 49th Overall: G Tristan Jarry, G, Edmonton, WHL
NHL: 2nd Round, 44th Overall, Pittsburgh Penguins
Difference: +5
Pittsburgh traded the 50th and 89th pick to move up 6 spots and select Jarry. Good sign that they are very high on him.

3rd Round, 79th Overall: LW Zach Sanford, Middlesex, EJHL
NHL: 2nd Round, 61st Overall (+18) Washington Capitals
Difference: +18
Washington traded the 84th, 114th and 127th picks to Winnipeg for the 61st draft pick to pick Sanford. They must really like the kid.

5th Round, 139th Overall: G Calvin Petersen, Waterloo, USHL
NHL: 5th Round, 129th Overall (+10) Buffalo Sabres
Difference: +10

5th Round, 142nd Overall: D Tyler Lewington, Medicine Hat, WHL
NHL: 7th Round, 204th Overall (-62) Washington Capitals
Difference: -62

6th Round, 169th Overall: D Jared Hauf, Seattle, WHL
NHL: Undrafted
Difference: N/A
(Thought for sure some team would take a chance late on this gigantic dman and hope for a Hal Gill type... ah well)

7th Round, 199th Overall: G Brendan Burke, Portland, WHL
NHL: 6th Round, 163rd Overall (+36) Phoenix Coyotes
Difference: +36

In addition, the Los Angeles Kings picked G Patrik Bartosak, a HFNHL Rangers pick in 2012. Bartosak has already been a valuable late round choice. He brought in $1M for the Mountain Dew endorsement last season as WHL Goaltender of the Year.
6th Round, 161st Overall (2012)
NHL: 5th round, 146th overall (2013)
Difference: +15

Last edited by SPG: 07-02-2013 at 12:25 PM.
SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 09:18 AM
PasiK

Send a message via MSN to PasiK
Draft went well and not so well

Very happy with Bergvik, Possler, Cassels, Ausmus and kubalik picks. Especially NHL sharks selectees Ausmus and Bergvik.

Max Gortz was already selected last season.

Very disappointed how NHL teams forgot roberts lipsbergs, who scored 30g in his rookie season in WHL and was leading scorer.

Also a bit frustrated how they forgot other WHL players Connor Rankin and Colby Cave, maybe they know something more than I. zach Glienke also was surprise not to be selected, afterall he has good size and skating and was one of ten finalists for Minnesota's Mr. Hockey Award.

Other college players who select NCAA route i understand, especially Villiam Haag as an overager 93 born and brendan harms, just because even i dont know much of him. anyway both still can be signed later.

PasiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 09:36 AM
HFNHL StarsGM

Mine went perfectly with the NHL draft!

HFNHL StarsGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 10:00 AM
HFNHL Canadiens

Juuse Saros - HFNHL 57, NHL 99, -42
Not surprised at all that Saros was taken in the 4th. After acquiring Rinne a day earlier, it's fitting that he is selected by Nashville.

Taylor Cammarata - HFNHL 132, NHL 76, +56
I'm surprised that Cammarata went this high. I figured he would've been picked as a late round flyer or not picked at all. Hopefully he gets to play with Tavares some day.

Martin Reway - HFNHL 176, NHL 116, +60
4th seems a bit early for Reway, but i'm not complaining. Much like Cammarata, I figured he would be a late round flyer or not drafted at all. It will be interesting to see how he does in the land of midgets.

HFNHL Canadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 10:05 AM
Ville Isopää

Send a message via ICQ to Ville Isopää
Colorado:
Darnell Nurse - HFNHL 7th overall, Went to EDM at 7th, same
Andre Burakowsky - HFNHL 28th overall, Went to WSH at 23rd, +5 spots
Artturi Lehkonen - HFNHL 39th overall, Went to MTL at 55th, -16 spots
Erik Gustafsson - HFNHL 164th overall, Drafted by EDM at 93rd in 2012, +71 spots
Petter Granberg - HFNHL 208th overall, Drafted by TOR at 116th in 2010, +92 spots
Henri Ikonen - HFNHL at 153rd overall in 2012, Went to TB at 154th, -1 spots

Ville Isopää is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 10:14 AM
Hossa

For the HFNHL Canucks:

Adam Erne
HFNHL: 1st round, 21st overall
NHL: 2nd round, 33rd overall, Tampa Bay Lightning
Movement: -12

Comment: The bad is that Erne slid on draft day, which confirms that were concerns about his conditioning and/or off-ice maturity. The silver lining is that Tampa has drafted well of late and gives its prospects chances to play. Not a big deal for Erne.

Emile Poirier
HFNHL: 1st round, 26th overall
NHL: 1st round, 22nd overall, Calgary Flames
Movement: +4

Comment: I'm surprised Poirier went higher in the NHL draft, particularly as Feaster said Poirier was in their top 10. The only bad news is that it's Calgary, not a team I trust to draft and develop well. Hopefully it's a new day in that organization.

Jimmy Lodge
HFNHL: 2nd round, 43rd overall
NHL: 3rd round, 84th overall, Winnipeg Jets
Movement: -41

Comment: One of the bigger fallers of the day. I was prepared for the possibility he'd slide a bit, but late third surprised me. I'm stunned guys like Connor Crisp and Kurtis Gabriel went ahead of him. Hopefully he makes teams regret passing.

Tommy Vannelli
HFNHL: 2nd round, 51st overall
NHL: 2nd round, 47th overall, St. Louis Blues
Movement: +4

Comment: I thought he would go higher, and actually felt late first round was possible. On the other hand, what's nice is that St. Louis has drafted and developed very well of late, and they feel Vannelli could be a top 4 defenceman.

Nick Baptiste
HFNHL: 2nd round, 52nd overall
NHL: 3rd round, 69th overall, Buffalo Sabres
Movement: -17

Comment: I recognized I took him at the higher end of his range, so a small slide isn't that surprising. Buffalo took three forwards ahead of him in the second round, so will be interesting to see Baptiste wrestle for depth chart position going forward

Philippe Desrosiers
HFNHL: 3rd round, 61st overall
NHL: 2nd round, 54th overall, Dallas Stars
Movement: +7

Comment: Like Vanelli, I thought he'd rise more, although he did jump ahead of Comrie to be the third goalie taken. Joins Richard Bachman and Christopher Nihlstorp as Dallas Stars goalies in the HFNHL Canucks system.

Carl Dahlstrom
HFNHL: 4th round, 95th overall
NHL: 2nd round, 51st overall, Chicago Blackhawks
Movement: +44

Comment: The first big riser, couldn't be more pleased with this. Chicago has drafted well out of Sweden in the past, and sounds quite high on Dahlstrom. Kind of a bland blueliner, but if he plasy that's what matters.

Tyler Graovac
HFNHL: 4th round, 104th overall
NHL: 7th round, 2011 overall, Minnesota Wild (2011 Draft)
Movement: N/A

Comment: A re-entry twice passed over in the HFNHL. Draft day movement doesn't really make sense two years later.

Eric Locke
HFNHL: 5th round, 122nd overall
NHL: 7th round, 189th overall, Buffalo Sabres
Movement: -67

Comment: A big surprise for me. I expected Locke to go higher in the draft, and am shocked at some of the re-entries that went higher than him. I suppose Buffalo isn't the worst place though, as there could be forward openings sooner rather than later.

Cole Ully
HFNHL: 5th round, 141st overall
NHL: 5th round, 131st overall, Dallas Stars
Movement: +10

Comment: Did not rise as hoped, but what's important for him is really to emerge as a big scorer the next two years in the WHL. If he does, Ully will get a contract.

Marcus Hogberg
HFNHL: 6th round, 155th overall
NHL: 3rd round, 78th overall, Ottawa Senators
Movement: +77

Comment: Extremely pleased with this. For one thing, he rose significantly to be the top European goalie taken, giving the club two good new goalie prospects from this draft. Also good is that the Senators have fared well with Swedes and with goalies of late, so the Robin Lehner comparisons are exciting.

Jesse Lees
HFNHL: 6th round, 157th overall
Movement: Undrafted

Comment: A bit of a surprise that he went undrafted, but of my HFNHL draftees certainly the most likely. Stands a chance to get drafted going forward if he develops well. Hurts because guys immediately behind him on my list went much higher in the NHL

Overall, after Poirier and Erne, the club nabbed three second rounders (Vannelli, Dahlstrom, Desrosiers) and three third rounders (Baptiste, Hogberg and Lodge), while Ully and Locke were picked up in the later rounds. Also, from the 2012 HFNHL draft, the following:

Antony Slepyshev
HFNHL: 3rd round, 82nd overall, 2012 Draft
NHL: 3rd round, 88th overall, Edmonton Oilers
Movement: N/A

Comment: Would be interesting to know what changed. Undrafted last year despite being a first round talent, Slepyshev goes around the same spot in 2013 as expected in 2012. That he went to the Oilers is also a plus, as they are developing a Russian pipeline, although Slepyshev and Yakupov did not play well together at last year's WJC. There were rumblings that Slepyshev's willingness and contractual ability to play in North America has changed, so this was not a big surprise.

Hossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 10:32 AM
Ohio Jones
The other Dexter

For Columbus:

This draft was already a fail when I didn't make any selections in the first three rounds, and had no Cup to show for it.

Ten I proceeded to load up in the fourth and fifth rounds, knowing full well I'd be taking players who went later in the NHL, if they got drafted at all.

The Blue Jackets' drafting acumen will face a huge test on the basis of how this class pans out - if they don't get a couple of quality NHLers out of it, might be time to retire and hire a proper scouting staff...

4/94: Gustav Olofsson, Green Bay
NHL: 2/46 to MIN - +48
The big riser for the day, Olofsson effectively gives Columbus back the 2nd rounder they traded to Calgary. He joins Jackets D prospect Sean Lorenz in the Wild system, and with the way that club is coming on, should be joining a strong organization in 4-5 years.

4/99: C Avery Peterson - Grand Rapids
NHL: 6/167 to MIN -68
"So raw he has to be considered a reach in the top 100 selections" was how I described the pick last week, and I was right. Another selection by Minnesota's scouting staff, he'll be given lots of time to bake, but offers them coveted size down the middle.

4/102: C Greg Chase - Calgary
NHL: 7/188 to EDM -86
Underrated, we said. Might not get drafted, we said. So this is about right. Love that this versatile, hard working guy is going to Edmonton, where he'll hopefully get a shot at working with Dallas Eakins and becoming a much-needed contributor in the bottom-6.

4/112: C Sean Malone, US NDTP
NHL: 6/159 to BUF -47
Buffalo's organization has seemed stuck in the 1990s for some time now. By all accounts Ruff was far from a progressive or modern coach, and they've only started to recover from gutting their scouting staff. Pegula's money might begin to make a difference, but I'm just not sold on the organization at this point. Fortunately Malone is a 2014-15 commit to Harvard Crimson, so there's time for team and player both to progress.

4/116: L/RW Evan Allen - US NDTP
Surprised that Allen was one of those to go undrafted, but not worried. He'll have a chance to establish himself - either with Michigan, his NCAA commitment, or with Windsor of the OHL which has been heavily courting him. Either program offers a great environment to grow and learn, so we expect to see Allen be a strong selection in next season's shallower draft.

5/124: D Kyle Burroughs - Regina
NHL: 7/196 to NYI -72
Afterthought for the Islanders is not what we were hoping for with Burroughs. The club has turned a corner, however, and there will be a terrific nucleus of forwards for Burroughs to feed with breakout passes if he manages to make the NHL. Have to hope for a big year with the Pats to earn more opportunities.

5/129: L/RW Alexander Henriksson - Farjestad
Figured Henriksson was a risk not to get drafted, but the clock is long on this guy. The size/skating package will ensure he gets opportunities, so we'll check in next year and see if he's caught an NHL club's eye.

7/ 202: LW Saku Maenalanen - Karpat
NHL: 5/125 to NAS +77
Could pretty much swap Henriksson and Maenalanen and have a much more successful-looking draft. Nashville may be a blueline factory, but their record of developing forwards is much more spotty. Fortunately Maena's development will likely continue to take place in Fibland for the next few years - hopefully the results make this a steal of a pick in the seventh round.

Overall: a draft to challenge one's strength of conviction. With no picks in the first three rounds, expectations have to be modest at best, but a Columbus team that desperately needs to restock its depleted farm system must hope for at least a couple of solid stand-up doubles to emerge out of this class, if not a home run.

Ohio Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 03:46 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Bo Horvat - 1/12 - Drafted 9th Overall by Vancouver +3

Curtis Lazar - 1/14 - Drafted 17th Overall by Ottawa -3

Robert Hagg - 2/34 - Drafted 41st Overall by Philadelphia -7

Connor Hurley - 2/44 - Drafted 38th Overall by Buffalo +6

Keaton Thompson - 3/65 - Drafted 87th Overall by Anaheim -22

Jordan Subban - 3/74th - Drafted 115th Overall by Vancouver -41

Matt Buckles - 3/82nd - Drafted 98th Overall by Florida -17

Jaedon Deschenau - 6/156th - Undrafted

2012 HFNHL Draft Pick: Grant Besse - 7th Round - 205th - Drafted in NHL 2013 - 5th Round - 147th +58

Picks Drafted Last Year:

CONNOR HELLEBUYCK - 84th (DRAFTED)
CHRISTOPH BAERTSCHY - 154th (DRAFTED)
BRENDAN COLLIER - 183rd (DRAFTED)
MATT TOMKINS - 206th (DRAFTED)

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 08:36 AM
Brock

For Florida...

Madison Bowey - HFNHL = 27, NHL = 53, -26

Mike McCarron - HFNHL = 41, NHL = 25, +16

Yan Pavel Laplante - HFNHL = 91, NHL = 62, +29

Michael Brodzinski - HFNHL = 117, NHL = 141, -24

Matt Grzelyck - HFNHL = 120, NHL = 85 (2012), +35

Jake Guentzel - HFNHL = 150, NHL = 77, +73

Tony Cameranesi - HFNHL = 180, NHL = 130 (2012), +50

Ruslan Pedan - HFNHL = 181, NHL = Undrafted

Mackenzie Weegar - HFNHL = 192, NHL = 206, -14

BONUS - Quentin Shore - HFNHL = 133 (2012), NHL = 168, -35

All in all, pretty happy with my draft. I had only 2 picks in the top 90 of our draft, but ended up with 5 players taken inside the top 90 of the NHL draft. A bit disappointed that Bowey was a big faller, but I still have faith in his upside and stand by that selection.

Old
07-02-2013, 01:45 PM
Vaive-Alive

HFNHL 3 Jonathan Drouin NHL 3 = 0
HFNHL 11 Hunter Shinkaruk NHL 24 = -13
HFNHL 33 Nic Petan NHL 43 = -10
HFNHL 56 Marko Dano NHL 27 = +29
HFNHL 63 Brett Pesce NHL 66 = -3
HFNHL 113 Lucas Wallmark NHL Undrafted
HFNHL 123 Rushan Rafikov NHL 187 = -64
HFNHL 138 Mitchell Wheaton NHL 139 = -1
HFNHL 153 Filip Sandberg NHL Undrafted

Overall: We'll give ourselves a B+. We accomplished what we wanted to do which was draft highly skilled forwards - Drouin, Shinkaruk, Petan and Dano all fit that category. Interestingly - Drouin, Shinkaruk and Dano all went in the 1st round of the NHL draft. Surprised that Wallmark ( in particular ) and Sandberg went undrafted but surprises like this happen every year. Perhaps they'll come across the pond at a later date. 3 defensemen were also drafted - Pesce, Rafikov and Wheaton.

Vaive-Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 04:20 PM
Dr.Sens(e)

HFNHL 18, Kerby Rychel. NHL 19. -1
Blues hope they got a Shane Doan type in the long-term, but will be satisfied with a character forward who gets 20+ goals per year on the 2nd line.

HFNHL 48 Anthony Duclair. NHL 80. -32
A high risk player with some character questions, Blues couldn't ignore his skating and skill in the 2nd round. Seems NHL teams could, at least until the 3rd.

HFNHL 93 Will Butcher. NHL 123. - 30
A high risk, high reward player, the Blues will be patient with one of the US18's better defenders.

HFNHL 108, Vincent Dunn. NHL 138. -30
More character issued plagued this gritty little ball of hate, but ecstatic to get him regardless, especially given the Sens took him.

HFNHL 168, Jeremy Gregoire. NHL 176. -8
Another enigmatic gritty forward from the Q, hopefully his playoff translates into a solid year next year. Along with Dunn and Duclair, Gregoire is one of the youngest players in the draft, as all three were within a few weeks of being eligible for next years draft.

HFNHL 198, Cedric Paquette, NHL 101 in 2012. +97
Really surprised those with a keen eye didn't beat me to Paquette, even if he is 19. a 4th rounder as an overager by the Bolts last year, he has already made his AHL debut after leading B-B in the Q in scoring (and 2nd in PIM's). Solid character forward.

Overall, four players from the Q, including three with very similar playing styles in Dunn, Gregoire and Paquette.

Overall, mildly satisfied with my draft, but missed out on several of the players I coveted most, notably Morrissey in the 1st, Poirier in late 1st or early 2nd, Carrier and Lodge in the 2nd, and was really hoping to nab Grzelcyk with my 2nd 4th rounder, but got greedy thinking he'd last that long.

On the good news front, losing out on Wallmark and Lees seems to have been not that big a deal given both went undrafted. Two big surprises, there, although not being drafted doesn't mean they won't succeed, obviously.

Dr.Sens(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 10:10 PM
BlueAndWhite

Valentin Zykov. HFNHL 19. NHL 37. -18
Surprised to see him fall this much. Had him pegged at #20-#30 pick. Still really love the pick. 40 goals in his rookie year in North America, goes to the dirty areas of the ice.

Ian McCoshen. HFNHL 20. NHL 31. -11
This is about where I expected McCoshen to go (#25-#40), so I'm not surprised. Will talk about my McCoshen saga in my actual draft review.

Frederik Gauthier - HFNHL 22. NHL 21+1
As expected. Gold star for being drafted by God's team.

Jacob De La Rose - HFNHL 54. NHL 34. +20
As expected. I thought he might sneak into the end of the first round if a team believed in his offensive abilities at the next level. A scarlet letter for being drafted by the Habs.

Spencer Martin - HFNHL 76. NHL 62. +14
Move over Calvin Pickard, my new personal goalie saviour has landed in Colorado.

Jan Kostalek - HFNHL 80. NHL 114. -34
The next Petr Svoboda with a little less offense. And the good Petr Svoboda not the guy who had a cup of coffee with the Leafs. Come see me in 2017.

Bogdan Yakimov - HFNHL 86. NHL 83. +3
Move over RNH!

Sven Andrighetto - HFNHL 96. NHL 86. +10
Another Scarlet letter for being drafted by the Habs.

Luka Gracnar - HFNHL 146. NHL Undrafted.
Hope his buddy Kopitar can convince the Kings to give him a tryout next year. Or that he can grow 2 more inches at age 20 ....

BlueAndWhite is online now   Reply With Quote