HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Predators Talk Part III

View Poll Results: Will we see any games for the 12-13 season?
Yes 12 32.43%
Nope 8 21.62%
Partial season 17 45.95%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-02-2013, 10:14 PM
  #901
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 11,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
If we can't get anything for Blum or Ellis that's two more first round picks that Poile blew. I am still mad we took Pickard over Eberle the year we took Wilson. Poile is a decent GM but he has had some major blunders the last few years. He and Trotz need to be on the hot seat this coming season.
You're not even using hindsight right. If you're gonna cheat at least name the best player taken at our spot - Erik Karlsson.

I think Poile should be fired for not taking Datsyuk in 1998. I mean come on I was so mad when we didn't take him.

Paranoid Android is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 01:35 AM
  #902
KnoxPred
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 16
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
You're not even using hindsight right. If you're gonna cheat at least name the best player taken at our spot - Erik Karlsson.

I think Poile should be fired for not taking Datsyuk in 1998. I mean come on I was so mad when we didn't take him.
Yeah can you believe that soulless, tall lanky mother****** took Finley over Zetterberg in '99. Son of a ****.

Edit: Or should I say Kyle Kettles?

KnoxPred is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 06:09 AM
  #903
PFL615
Registered User
 
PFL615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Smashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,577
vCash: 500
Ok again.. What is the status of Blum and Halischuck getting traded? Are they going to end up walking.

PFL615 is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 06:26 AM
  #904
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 11,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
Ok again.. What is the status of Blum and Halischuck getting traded? Are they going to end up walking.

Nothing new

AtlantaWhaler is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 06:28 AM
  #905
PFL615
Registered User
 
PFL615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Smashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,577
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Nothing new
When do we lose them for nothing. Something has to get done today right?

PFL615 is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 07:39 AM
  #906
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Chattanooga TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
When do we lose them for nothing. Something has to get done today right?
We walked away from the qo is my understanding. Last night was the deadline I believe.

__________________
- Enoch -
Enoch is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 08:16 AM
  #907
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
Ok again.. What is the status of Blum and Halischuck getting traded? Are they going to end up walking.
Yesterday afternoon was the deadline for qualifying offers. They were not tendered theirs, meaning they become UFAs in a little over 48 hours. It feels wasteful to me, but neither is a big loss.

I'm curious as to the status of Daniel Bang. He didn't look out of place last season and seemed like he could be useful as a depth/checking forward, but I suspect he would also have offers from Swedish teams.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 08:17 AM
  #908
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19
 
gopreds19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
We walked away from the qo is my understanding. Last night was the deadline I believe.
So is this the summer when we lose 1 or possibly 2 of our first round picks to irrelevancy? If Blum walks and Ellis gets moved to allow him a fresh start, amazingly, the only 1st round picks in our history still having a meaningful impact on our team are Legwand and Wilson and maybe Watson as another grinder.

All the others either didn't pan out, went to other teams, or were never picked because we traded our pick. In the 8 drafts prior to this year, we only found ONE player in the first round worth a damn (Wilson). That's god awful.

gopreds19 is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 09:39 AM
  #909
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 17,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post
So is this the summer when we lose 1 or possibly 2 of our first round picks to irrelevancy? If Blum walks and Ellis gets moved to allow him a fresh start, amazingly, the only 1st round picks in our history still having a meaningful impact on our team are Legwand and Wilson and maybe Watson as another grinder.

All the others either didn't pan out, went to other teams, or were never picked because we traded our pick. In the 8 drafts prior to this year, we only found ONE player in the first round worth a damn (Wilson). That's god awful.
However, we have found an 8th round superstar goalie Rinne, top pairing defenseman in the 2nd round in Josi, another valuable goalie in the 7th round in Lindback, a 30 goal scorer in the 7th round in Hornqvist, a really good high energy guy with offensive potential in the 5th round in Bourque, top line prospect in the 3rd round in Beck, Craig Smith in the 4th round, Cody Franson in the 3rd round, Ekholm in the 4th round, Hellberg in the 2nd round, Aberg in the 2nd round Leipsic in the 4th round, etc.

You also fail to mention in those 8 draft years we didn't even have a first round pick in 3 of those drafts.

Funny, NHL.com did a redraft of the 2008 draft's first round. We had 3 players in the top round in their draft, Josi, Wilson and Lindback.

triggrman is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 09:53 AM
  #910
token grinder
Registered User
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 4,128
vCash: 500
We have flexibility now for sure contract wise...

we currently have 38 guys signed to contracts. that includes sk and Gill
we currently have 8 RFA who I assume have been given QO

that is 46 contracts with a goalie and Jones to add. So 48 contracts.

We can afford a backup goalie and 2 more contracts. 3 if Gill is bought out. 4 if SK leaves.

token grinder is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 10:57 AM
  #911
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,385
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post
So is this the summer when we lose 1 or possibly 2 of our first round picks to irrelevancy? If Blum walks and Ellis gets moved to allow him a fresh start, amazingly, the only 1st round picks in our history still having a meaningful impact on our team are Legwand and Wilson and maybe Watson as another grinder.

All the others either didn't pan out, went to other teams, or were never picked because we traded our pick. In the 8 drafts prior to this year, we only found ONE player in the first round worth a damn (Wilson). That's god awful.
When half of your first ten first round picks are playing for other teams and the remaining half aren't even in the League anymore, then you can claim "g-dawful" status.

From thirteen years of drafting, we have five of our first-round pick players in the org right now. And three of those were picked half a week ago.

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 11:04 AM
  #912
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,949
vCash: 500
Out of curiosity, how many of those bemoaning the supposed lack of success in the first round are also NFL fans?

TMI is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 11:33 AM
  #913
lstcyr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,966
vCash: 500
Don't forget the second round defenseman stud Shea Weber. Also second rounder Kevin Klein.

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
However, we have found an 8th round superstar goalie Rinne, top pairing defenseman in the 2nd round in Josi, another valuable goalie in the 7th round in Lindback, a 30 goal scorer in the 7th round in Hornqvist, a really good high energy guy with offensive potential in the 5th round in Bourque, top line prospect in the 3rd round in Beck, Craig Smith in the 4th round, Cody Franson in the 3rd round, Ekholm in the 4th round, Hellberg in the 2nd round, Aberg in the 2nd round Leipsic in the 4th round, etc.

You also fail to mention in those 8 draft years we didn't even have a first round pick in 3 of those drafts.

Funny, NHL.com did a redraft of the 2008 draft's first round. We had 3 players in the top round in their draft, Josi, Wilson and Lindback.

lstcyr is online now  
Old
07-03-2013, 01:27 PM
  #914
hockey diva
Registered User
 
hockey diva's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beleriand
Posts: 1,256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
You're not even using hindsight right. If you're gonna cheat at least name the best player taken at our spot - Erik Karlsson.

I think Poile should be fired for not taking Datsyuk in 1998. I mean come on I was so mad when we didn't take him.
When you are a budget operation, you can't afford to bust that frequently on your first rounders. Trigger, Franson is no longer here if you hadn't noticed and smith may end up busting as well. The other players you cited, how many of them are true elite talents? Pekka, Josi and maybe Hornqvist. The others have potential but aren't proven yet.

hockey diva is online now  
Old
07-03-2013, 01:40 PM
  #915
MoserHockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 184
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post
So is this the summer when we lose 1 or possibly 2 of our first round picks to irrelevancy? If Blum walks and Ellis gets moved to allow him a fresh start, amazingly, the only 1st round picks in our history still having a meaningful impact on our team are Legwand and Wilson and maybe Watson as another grinder.
.
This happens to every team and there are far worse teams in drafting.
Also i jst saw this on Twitter.

Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman 11m

Players who were not qualified today: Hamill, McCollum, Ellerby. Three first round picks, two top 10 picks. The Draft can suck sometimes.

MoserHockey is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 01:46 PM
  #916
MountainGoat
Re-sign Jagr
 
MountainGoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sarnia, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,986
vCash: 500
whats the reasoning behind Halischuck not being qualified?

MountainGoat is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 01:54 PM
  #917
RCola88
Registered User
 
RCola88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 757
vCash: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
When you are a budget operation, you can't afford to bust that frequently on your first rounders. Trigger, Franson is no longer here if you hadn't noticed and smith may end up busting as well. The other players you cited, how many of them are true elite talents? Pekka, Josi and maybe Hornqvist. The others have potential but aren't proven yet.
Franson wasn't a bust, he was throw in because we we're getting rid of Lombardi's contract. I would kill to have Franson back in gold. Smith was a 4th round pick and if you ask me he has lived past his expectations as a 4th round pick. He is still young, you are so quick to judge things.

RCola88 is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 02:21 PM
  #918
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 11,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie1987 View Post
whats the reasoning behind Halischuck not being qualified?
He just can't carve out a role for himself. Not skilled or smart enough for a scoring line role. Too soft for a grinder role. Too calm for an energy role. Too nice for a pest role. Nothing special defensively. He also had a little bit of work ethic issues which caused him to get sent down for a couple games. He was much better after being called back up. Seemed more motivated. He just needs to bring a 110% high intensity game every night to be useful.

Paranoid Android is offline  
Old
07-04-2013, 09:42 AM
  #919
token grinder
Registered User
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 4,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie1987 View Post
whats the reasoning behind Halischuck not being qualified?
doesn't work as hard as he should all the time, need the contract open, and we have 5 halischucks on the roster

token grinder is offline  
Old
07-04-2013, 03:13 PM
  #920
Liquidfire3240
Registered User
 
Liquidfire3240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 427
vCash: 500
It's a bit odd watching the 2013 world Jr.s thats on NHL net, Its Fillip Forsberg for Sweden vs Seth Jones of the US.

Just keep looking towards the future....again...

Liquidfire3240 is offline  
Old
07-04-2013, 03:44 PM
  #921
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidfire3240 View Post
It's a bit odd watching the 2013 world Jr.s thats on NHL net, Its Fillip Forsberg for Sweden vs Seth Jones of the US.

Just keep looking towards the future....again...
Can't forget Phil Housley behind the bench too...

Seth Lake is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 05:40 PM
  #922
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 17,236
vCash: 500
So what does the line-up look like right now. Assuming of course that Gaustad is hurt....


Stalberg-Fisher-Wilson
Forsberg-Cullen-Honnvist
Beck-Legwand-Bourque
Clune-Hendricks-Nystrom

Weber-Josi
Klein-Jones
Bartley-Ekholm/Ellis

That's pretty solid and we have Spaling and Gaustad too when an injury happens.

triggrman is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 06:01 PM
  #923
glenngineer
Registered User
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
So what does the line-up look like right now. Assuming of course that Gaustad is hurt....


Stalberg-Fisher-Wilson
Forsberg-Cullen-Honnvist
Beck-Legwand-Bourque
Clune-Hendricks-Nystrom

Weber-Josi
Klein-Jones
Bartley-Ekholm/Ellis

That's pretty solid and we have Spaling and Gaustad too when an injury happens.
Thanks Trig. When I see it thrown out there like that it doesn't bother me as much as it did when I heard of the signings. I'm still not totally thrilled about it but I really like the 4th line. Talk about pests and guys that will get under some skin. We really missed that last season. I don't like the price tag associated with it though.

Here's my question, no way do we sit Gaustad on the bench with his price tag. Trade bait?

Also, really surprised about Spaling not being in there. Has the team given up on him? I don't think he deserves the permascratch but with what you've thrown out there, who do you sit? Clune?

Where does Smith fit in with all of this too?

glenngineer is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 06:03 PM
  #924
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 17,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Thanks Trig. When I see it thrown out there like that it doesn't bother me as much as it did when I heard of the signings. I'm still not totally thrilled about it but I really like the 4th line. Talk about pests and guys that will get under some skin. We really missed that last season. I don't like the price tag associated with it though.

Here's my question, no way do we sit Gaustad on the bench with his price tag. Trade bait?

Also, really surprised about Spaling not being in there. Has the team given up on him? I don't think he deserves the permascratch but with what you've thrown out there, who do you sit? Clune?

Where does Smith fit in with all of this too?
I like Gaustad for the 8 games he's healthy. Smith and Spaling have me scratching my head as well, especially if we're 100% healthy, which is unlikely.

triggrman is offline  
Old
07-05-2013, 06:04 PM
  #925
Preddownsouth
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
So what does the line-up look like right now. Assuming of course that Gaustad is hurt....


Stalberg-Fisher-Wilson
Forsberg-Cullen-Honnvist
Beck-Legwand-Bourque
Clune-Hendricks-Nystrom

Weber-Josi
Klein-Jones
Bartley-Ekholm/Ellis

That's pretty solid and we have Spaling and Gaustad too when an injury happens.
Dig the lines, but would be interested in seeing Gabby and VS on the same line as well.

Preddownsouth is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.