HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Van-Nas, Van-Min

Old
07-02-2013, 07:10 PM
Red Haired Shanks

vCash: 500
Van-Nas, Van-Min

a couple trades to get cap space and fill in some needs
#1 Van-Nas
LW David Booth to Nashville for a 2014 3rd and 4th round draft pick
-Nashville lacks scoring, bringing in Booth will instantly boost that. in a full healthy season Booth can put up 25+ goals and be a good top 6 winger
-Van gets rid of some cap space and allows a roster spot to open to one of the prospects(Jensen)

#2Van-Min
C Jordan Schroeder(RFA) and D Peter Andersson to Minnesota for C Kyle Brodziak
-Min has said they are willing to trade Brodziak for a decent price. Schroeder is a Minnesota native, very talented centerman who wont be given a chance in Vancouver due to his lack of size(5'9) and grit. Andersson is a big stay at home d prospect that can add to min defense core in the future.
-Van adds a good 3rd line centerman that can score and adds grit to their team.

D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Kassian
Burrows-Kesler-Jensen
Higgins-Brodziak-Hansen
Sestito-Lapierre-Weise/Pinnizzotto

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Tanev
Garrison-Foster/Alberts/Sangeunetti

Luongo-Lack/Eriksson

Red Haired Shanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 07:20 PM
tyratoku

As a Minnesota fan, I'd want a bit more for Brodziak. Even though he struggled last season, I'd say more than just Schroeder would be needed.

I would love to have Schroeder on the team, but Andersson doesn't seem like much of a prospect. I'd rather get Schroeder + a 2nd or 3rd, if possible.

Parise - Koivu - Pominville
Nino/Coyle - Schroeder - Setoguchi
Heatley - Mitchell - Coyle/Nino
Rupp - Dowell - Viellieux/Konopka

I'd prefer to keep Mitchell on the wing, but I don't mind.

EDIT: I don't speak for all Wild fans. Most don't seem all that interested in Schroeder. I could be undervaluing Brodziak a bit as well.

tyratoku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 07:20 PM
XxPRODxX

Id do the Nashville Trade

XxPRODxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 07:27 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 1000
I think Minnesota turns down this trade because of Schroeder's size. Andersson seems like a really insignificant throw-in.

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 07:33 PM
Todds Chiropractory

I would keep Booth until training camp/start of the season. If it looks like one of the kids can replace him you do it, but in the meantime moving him would create a significant hole that may not be able to be filled.

Todds Chiropractory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 07:36 PM
CanucksSayEh

Add one of the picks from the Booth deal to the Minny deal and both might be accepted.

Though I would like to Keep both of em, at least till mid season to see whats what. They're both question marks, and could get bent over if a deal is made too hastily.

CanucksSayEh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 07:37 PM
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go

Instead of trading for Brodziak we could just sign a guy like Gordon, Chipchura or Antropov.

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 07:37 PM
NYVanfan

would like to get blum outta Nashville instead of one of the picks, ideally the 4th. Possible?

and right now Schroeder is our third C ...need him unless we have an upgrade coming

NYVanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 07:39 PM
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go

I don't think Jensen is ready yet.

Old
07-02-2013, 07:43 PM
tyratoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
would like to get blum outta Nashville instead of one of the picks, ideally the 4th. Possible?

and right now Schroeder is our third C ...need him unless we have an upgrade coming
Blum is an unrestricted free agent.

And Brodziak would be an upgrade on Schroeder for the 3rd line center. No?

tyratoku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 08:04 PM
Red Haired Shanks

Quote:

Brodziak IS an upgrade on Schroeder

how about this
Schroeder, 2014 3rd, 2014 4th(NAS) for Brodziak? fair?

Red Haired Shanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 08:23 PM
FaceOfTheFranchise

How long until Booth's deal ends? I'm skeptical to commit long-term to a frequently injured forward, especially at that cap hit. Why would we send assets Vancouver's way in this deal?

FaceOfTheFranchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 08:29 PM
NYVanfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Predator 19 View Post
How long until Booth's deal ends? I'm skeptical to commit long-term to a frequently injured forward, especially at that cap hit. Why would we send assets Vancouver's way in this deal?
2 years at $4.25
honestly there's a good argument for just keeping him, as he should be a 50pt power winger, and those are hard to find at that price ... injuries have just been the issue, and the big risk

blum, 3rd for booth
then
edler, 3rd for ryan

...saucy

NYVanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 08:34 PM
Rosko Thorn

i'd rather keep schroeder tbh. We put a lot of time into him and i think he has definite top 6 potential. I also think Schroeder at 1mil is better than Brodziak at 2.8mil in a 3rd line role.

Rosko Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 09:07 PM
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go

Quote:
2 years at $4.25
honestly there's a good argument for just keeping him, as he should be a 50pt power winger, and those are hard to find at that price ... injuries have just been the issue, and the big risk

blum, 3rd for booth
then
edler, 3rd for ryan

...saucy
So we upgrade from Booth to Ryan then Downgrade from Edler to Blum? That makes us worse.

Old
07-02-2013, 09:10 PM
Al Swearengen
Smug Nation National

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flacko View Post
So we upgrade from Booth to Ryan then Downgrade from Edler to Blum? That makes us worse.
I guess it bears repeating that we are no longer a balanced team. I don't necessarily advocate trading Edler on that contract, but I have no idea how we're going to score goals next year unless the Sedins, Burrows, Edler, Kesler and Booth all play at the tops of their respective games and no one gets hurt.

I think people are grasping at straws, but there's a reason for it.

Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 09:15 PM
Sergei Shirokov

No to both.

Booth is a player we need on this team, would rather just keep him than trade him for nothing unless the cap space is a must, he's a good top 6 forward that brings attributes to the team we need with his blend of size, speed & willingness to drive the net/be physical.

Also no on the Schroeder trade, he's our 3C moving forward, nothing against Brodziak but we have young centers that need an opportunity & Schroeder is ready and able to play and contribute.

so no to both from Vancouver.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 09:20 PM
Tanevian*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
No to both.

Booth is a player we need on this team, would rather just keep him than trade him for nothing unless the cap space is a must, he's a good top 6 forward that brings attributes to the team we need with his blend of size, speed & willingness to drive the net/be physical.

Also no on the Schroeder trade, he's our 3C moving forward, nothing against Brodziak but we have young centers that need an opportunity & Schroeder is ready and able to play and contribute.

so no to both from Vancouver.
I think you sometimes fall a little to deeply in love with our players. Booth for 2 picks would be a big YES, both for cap space and value.

Tanevian* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 09:26 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Please Let Us Win View Post
I think you sometimes fall a little to deeply in love with our players. Booth for 2 picks would be a big YES, both for cap space and value.
Its not about falling in love, its about David Booth being a player who brings a combination of skills to the table that is valuable especially for our team. His size & speed is something great for this team, its unfortunate he has been injured but he is still a good player and I would like to give him another chance & see what he can do.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 09:37 PM
WestleySnipez
Christmas came early

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
Its not about falling in love, its about David Booth being a player who brings a combination of skills to the table that is valuable especially for our team. His size & speed is something great for this team, its unfortunate he has been injured but he is still a good player and I would like to give him another chance & see what he can do.
I think we should give Booth another chance. Everyone is hating/blaming him because he was injured most of the year and only put up 3 points in 12 games the regular season. He was on pace for a 20 goal season the year before, and he would have if he had played the full season with Vancouver.

To trade him for Blum as a UFA or a couple draft picks would be a waste, all it would do (in the case of Blum offer) is lose us a draft pick to drop 4.25 mil in cap. Blum's pointless to pickup, we already have Edler, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Garrison, Tanev, Ballard, and maybe even Corrado. He would be a terrible signing, even if we did deal Booth, the money would be much better spent adding a playmaking Top 6 Forward.

Tl;DR: Booth's a 20 goal scorer, worth more than a couple draft picks, and Blum's pointless for Vancouver's Saturated D. Van needs a playmaking Top 6 more than a D.

WestleySnipez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 10:02 PM
David71

how about booth to nashville for s.koistysan+2nd rounder?

David71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 10:07 PM
Silfverberg Snipes

Lol. Typical Nuck fans. Going to hype up the Booth train before he fails miserably. The fact of the matter is that Booth has absolutely zero chemistry with Kesler, his hockey IQ is too low to play with the Sedins, and he's paid too much to be a third liner. There is no spot for him on this team.

Silfverberg Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 10:17 PM
CF Punk
Le Magnifique

David Booth is damaged goods. Nashville can probably sign a more useful UFA for the same amount of money that Booth makes. Man, Gillis really screwed up that roster...

CF Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 10:54 PM
North Metro Peewees

On the Wild trade I would say doubtful; first of all he's a small center which would make them a bit too soft in the middle. It would be tough to have your top 3 be Koivu, Granlund, Schroeder. Not to mention Brodziak is a perfect 3rd line center and is currently the Wild's only right hand center for taking draws in the defensive zone.

North Metro Peewees is offline   Reply With Quote