HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Let's fix the fourth line by calling up Lapierre (or Chipchura?)

Old
10-23-2006, 07:51 AM
JMMR

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Do you not think Kost or whomever would have been called up last night. Doing it today would not be wise!

My guess is Bonk is good to go.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 07:57 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
Do you not think Kost or whomever would have been called up last night. Doing it today would not be wise!

My guess is Bonk is good to go.
It has to be that, 'cause if not it's a stupid decision. Dogs didn't play Sunday and are playing only Wednesday. Immediately after Bonk's leaving the practice, somebody should've been called. If not, it had to be for precautious measures, if not, not the greatest of decision to call somebody on gameday.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 08:57 AM
Squeaky

The habs could just play with 11 forwards if they wanted to. Calling someone up from Hamilton really isn't that big of a deal either. All it would do is leave the 'Dogs a man short if they play, which is something the habs have done in the past, so they'd probably do it again if they had to.

Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 09:17 AM
hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
The habs could just play with 11 forwards if they wanted to. Calling someone up from Hamilton really isn't that big of a deal either. All it would do is leave the 'Dogs a man short if they play, which is something the habs have done in the past, so they'd probably do it again if they had to.
I also live near hamilton and have watched a couple of bulldog games already, and

I think laps has looks very good in the offensive zone... not the usual dump and

chase, he actually drove the net and made a couple of moves, and has put points

on the board, and yes, I would say he would create more scoring oportunities

than murray and downey put together, and yes he is fast and kills penalties

p.s. I dont care if you dont like the double spacing, my girlfriend wines about

everything too, but she puts out and you dont.

hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 09:29 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
If Bonk cant play, I believe Kost will be called up.

Kost-Johnson-Perezhogin as the 3rd line.
They will just put Bégin between Johnson & Perez and call up Lapierre to play on the 4th line with Murray and Latendresse.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 10:42 AM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitué View Post
They will just put Bégin between Johnson & Perez and call up Lapierre to play on the 4th line with Murray and Latendresse.
The only reason Andrei Kostitsyn was cut from camp is because of he could be sent down without waivers and Lats couldnt go in the AHL. Lapierre was not even in the last cuts, the first call up for anything will be Kost, with Downey hurt, Kost is the de-facto 13th man upfront, even on the 4th line, even more so against Buffalo.

Beside, Murray-Lapierre-Lats isnt very serious imo, a rookie center with a rookie winger. As we have seen with Ribeiro at camp, lats and kost play well together and Kost, when given a defensive mission can be very effective.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 10:47 AM
Pat

PJ Stock just reported that Lapierre has been called up to take Bonk's spot

Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 10:55 AM
Nyclaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitué View Post

Nyclaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 10:59 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

vCash: 626
Quote:
The only reason Andrei Kostitsyn was cut from camp is because of he could be sent down without waivers and Lats couldnt go in the AHL. Lapierre was not even in the last cuts, the first call up for anything will be Kost, with Downey hurt, Kost is the de-facto 13th man upfront, even on the 4th line, even more so against Buffalo.

Beside, Murray-Lapierre-Lats isnt very serious imo, a rookie center with a rookie winger. As we have seen with Ribeiro at camp, lats and kost play well together and Kost, when given a defensive mission can be very effective.
Kost is injured right now anyway and the Habs lost a center, so they replaced him with a center in Lapierre.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 11:14 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Kost is injured right now anyway and the Habs lost a center, so they replaced him with a center in Lapierre.
Lapierre is with the team for a short time anyway, if Bonk and Downey are back soon. He will do good on a 4th line with limited ice-time with Murray and Latendresse. Lots of size and energy. I hope Carbo will use them to tenderize the opponent's "meat" on the boards, soon in the game. He is a right-handed shooter and can play at center or right wing.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 11:14 AM
BigTimer*

Quote:

You should find a career that pays for being wrong.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 12:16 PM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
You should find a career that pays for being wrong.
Kost is injured, tbh.

Thx for trying.

Old
10-23-2006, 12:18 PM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Ya my point was more along the identity of the 13th forward than who was going to get called up. Kost is out, Ferland is waiver, Laps played great so hes getting the call up. Good for him. I think the only thing that would make them try to recall ferland is loosing Downey for the season, witch doesnt seem to be the case. As for the center argument, to me doesnt really hold grounds with Johnson that could be used as center.

Last edited by SOLR: 10-23-2006 at 12:24 PM.
Old
10-23-2006, 12:51 PM
Habitants

well Lapiere got called today.

i so knew it! lets see what he can do!
need to end buffalo's streak, and ger revenge for that first game of the season

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 01:00 PM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
well Lapiere got called today.

i so knew it! lets see what he can do!
need to end buffalo's streak, and ger revenge for that first game of the season
I look forward to see what he can do as well.

Old
10-23-2006, 01:03 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I'm excited about being able to watch Lapierre tonight, perhaps his speed and size can be the perfect catalyst for Latendresse to get going.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 10:55 PM
Squeaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by hab View Post
I also live near hamilton and have watched a couple of bulldog games already, and

I think laps has looks very good in the offensive zone... not the usual dump and

chase, he actually drove the net and made a couple of moves, and has put points

on the board, and yes, I would say he would create more scoring oportunities

than murray and downey put together, and yes he is fast and kills penalties

p.s. I dont care if you dont like the double spacing, my girlfriend wines about

everything too, but she puts out and you dont.

That's the AHL. Corey Locke can generate scoring chances by the bucketload in the AHL, but it's not going to help him in the NHL. Heck, the list is a mighty long one of guys whose NHL production doesn't vaguely resemble their AHL production. Hossa, Balej,... I maintain from what I have seen that Lappy is destined to be no more than an NHL grinder/checker type.

And yeah, I know he kills penalties. I'm just saying he's not going to be doing that for the habs this year, especially not right away, so Murray does actually do something he can't. You have to at least admit that Murray would be a better pk player at the NHL level right now.

p.s. Since when is double-spacing everything? Also, I TOTALLY put out. Geez, I was just curious WHY you people do it, I'm not some kind of spacing-police or anything. It bugs me because it takes up quite a bit more space on the screen, and makes posts harder to read.

Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 12:51 AM
White Snake*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant#1 View Post
We all know Begin is better at the wing so let's call up a centre to plat between him and Lats. I think it should be Lapierre because he's more NHL ready and he's a better skater. His style is similar to Begin's so I think he would learn more on the fourth line than Chipchura would.

What do you think?
Yes lets call up unproven players to play. THat is a great idea, especially against the Sabres. Better yet lets sign that movie monkey to play for us.

White Snake* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 01:17 PM
oop007*

I really wish people would stop saying "bring up chipchura" or anything to that effect. Did you see him in the preseason? He could barely perform then (When latandresse was able to) so why would he be able to perform all of the sudden? Please. Lat > Chip at the moment.

oop007* is offline   Reply With Quote