HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs [29-41-6] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013 4.0

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-02-2013, 08:01 PM
  #751
MarkovsKnee
Registered User
 
MarkovsKnee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,046
vCash: 500
Hopefully, Andrighetto stays in North America and plays in Hamilton because that was probably the point of drafting him. I'm sure the Habs saw someone that could step into the AHL. It becomes a wasted pick if he bolts for Switzerland.

I'm not sure what Kristo would've done in the AHL this season (or the NHL), but at least the Habs added a 20 goal scorer for Hamilton in Thomas.

MarkovsKnee is offline  
Old
07-02-2013, 08:25 PM
  #752
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I think I remember someone saying there's an out clause, but I might be mistaken.
Yes, he has a NHL release clause.

habsprospects is offline  
Old
07-02-2013, 08:31 PM
  #753
brunosevigny
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkovsKnee View Post
Hopefully, Andrighetto stays in North America and plays in Hamilton because that was probably the point of drafting him. I'm sure the Habs saw someone that could step into the AHL. It becomes a wasted pick if he bolts for Switzerland.

I'm not sure what Kristo would've done in the AHL this season (or the NHL), but at least the Habs added a 20 goal scorer for Hamilton in Thomas.
Andrighetto has already said is A Plan is to play with the dogs next year. The only way I see him going back in Europe is if he is relegated to ECHL. Also, there was a nice interview in RN with Tourigny (Avs assistant coach and Sven's former coach) about Andrighetto being avs next choice.

brunosevigny is offline  
Old
07-02-2013, 09:13 PM
  #754
MarkovsKnee
Registered User
 
MarkovsKnee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunosevigny View Post
Andrighetto has already said is A Plan is to play with the dogs next year. The only way I see him going back in Europe is if he is relegated to ECHL. Also, there was a nice interview in RN with Tourigny (Avs assistant coach and Sven's former coach) about Andrighetto being avs next choice.
That's good to hear. I'm not sure how their NHL careers are going to evolve (Kristo vs Thomas) but getting Thomas is huge for Hamilton. Thomas is a legit sniper and the Bulldogs are pretty desperate for forwards that can score. I'm hoping that he can help out the PP too.

It would be nice if the Bulldogs got Nygren. With Beaulieu and Nygren on the blueline and Thomas up front we're 3/5ths away from a decent PP unit.

It will help if Leblanc shows up to play this year too.

MarkovsKnee is offline  
Old
07-02-2013, 11:37 PM
  #755
S Bah
Registered User
 
S Bah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 5,054
vCash: 500
Hopefully the Bulldogs sign both Sam Henley and Sven Andrighetto they would make great linemates for Jonas Naatinen, they all have offensive capabilities and play the PK pretty good too.

It certainly will make Bulldogs hockey much better entertainment with the addition of some muscle backing up the team. In the form of Fournier, Henley, Boudens and Desjardins adding size to the forwards not necessarily fisticuffs.

I can't wait to hear the progress of one Josiah Didier (Denver U's defensive RH/Dman) with a mean streak the Habs are in need of badly to add to Emelin and Tinordi.

So many good prospects, they may not be flashy but these types are the glue that helps make a team rock solid.

S Bah is offline  
Old
07-02-2013, 11:55 PM
  #756
S Bah
Registered User
 
S Bah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 5,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkovsKnee View Post
That's good to hear. I'm not sure how their NHL careers are going to evolve (Kristo vs Thomas) but getting Thomas is huge for Hamilton. Thomas is a legit sniper and the Bulldogs are pretty desperate for forwards that can score. I'm hoping that he can help out the PP too.

It would be nice if the Bulldogs got Nygren. With Beaulieu and Nygren on the blueline and Thomas up front we're 3/5ths away from a decent PP unit.

It will help if Leblanc shows up to play this year too.
Michael Bournival centering Christian Thomas and Sam Henley would create a pretty solid line. Andrighetto with G. Desjardins and Jonas Naatinen as center could be a viable scoring line also.

The lines in Hamilton could really use an infusion of players able to do the corner and board work and it seems their are quite a few players at the camp with that ability. I hope that the Bulldogs have an enforcer on board this season, one that can actually stir up a little fear in their opponents. That in itself will help the team curtail a lot of the subtle abuse prospects endure, whilst trying to adjust to the speed and checking in their baptism to the AHL and Pro Hockey.

S Bah is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 12:07 AM
  #757
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 14,010
vCash: 500
I REALLY hope Stefan Fournier plays for the Dogs next season.

Maxpac is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 02:39 AM
  #758
HabsProspectsExpert
Artturi Lehkonen
 
HabsProspectsExpert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 539
vCash: 500
I really hope that they will try to put Holland and Thomas on the same line next season; Holland never really had a goal scorer that could complement his playmaking ability.

HabsProspectsExpert is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 07:30 AM
  #759
Top Corner2
Registered User
 
Top Corner2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsProspectsExpert View Post
I really hope that they will try to put Holland and Thomas on the same line next season; Holland never really had a goal scorer that could complement his playmaking ability.
Yeah could be a nice fit.


Who do you guys think will be the 4 center in Hamilton this year? Maybe they'll pick up a vet to play C?

Top Corner2 is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 08:19 AM
  #760
EveryDay
Registered User
 
EveryDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,633
vCash: 500
Do I miss anybody???

Holland-???-Thomas
Andrighetto-Bournival-Leblanc
Blunden-Nattinen-Fournier
Quailer-Dumont-Belzile
/Lefebvre

EveryDay is online now  
Old
07-03-2013, 08:20 AM
  #761
Top Corner2
Registered User
 
Top Corner2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Do I miss anybody???

Holland-???-Thomas
Andrighetto-Bournival-Leblanc
Blunden-Nattinen-Fournier
Quailer-Dumont-Belzile
/Lefebvre
ooops you got him....

Top Corner2 is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 03:39 PM
  #762
S Bah
Registered User
 
S Bah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 5,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Do I miss anybody???

Holland-???-Thomas
Andrighetto-Bournival-Leblanc
Blunden-Nattinen-Fournier
Quailer-Dumont-Belzile
/Lefebvre
What about Collberg and Hudon, then Gabriel Desjardins, Duffy there are quite a few options in camp 56 players that's two and a half full teams.

S Bah is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 03:50 PM
  #763
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,924
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
What about Collberg and Hudon, then Gabriel Desjardins, Duffy there are quite a few options in camp 56 players that's two and a half full teams.
Collberg back to Frolunda.
Hudon back to Chicoutimi.

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 03:54 PM
  #764
Felkov
Registered User
 
Felkov's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: St-Hilaire
Country: Canada
Posts: 252
vCash: 500
So how will the roster look for next year?

Holland-Bournival-Thomas
Blunden-Dumont-Leblanc
Andrighetto-Nattinen-Fournier(If we sign him)
Quailer-Belzile-Lefevre

Beaulieu-Dietz
Tinordi-Nygren
Pateryn-Ellis

Tokarski
Mayer

They wont go far with that roster though, let's hope MB signs some veteran AHLer to help the young blood.

Felkov is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 04:06 PM
  #765
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,708
vCash: 500
Is Fournier able to go back to Halifax, or if we sign him he has to go to Hamilton.

That's a really green team.

Analyzer is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 04:10 PM
  #766
Felkov
Registered User
 
Felkov's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: St-Hilaire
Country: Canada
Posts: 252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Is Fournier able to go back to Halifax, or if we sign him he has to go to Hamilton.

That's a really green team.
Yep I'm pretty sure last year was his overager year.

Felkov is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 05:29 PM
  #767
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,924
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Fournier is AHL/ECHL

Habs need a AHL scoring star to center their top line

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 05:38 PM
  #768
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felkov View Post
So how will the roster look for next year?

Holland-Bournival-Thomas
Blunden-Dumont-Leblanc
Andrighetto-Nattinen-Fournier(If we sign him)
Quailer-Belzile-Lefevre

Beaulieu-Dietz
Tinordi-Nygren
Pateryn-Ellis

Tokarski
Mayer

They wont go far with that roster though, let's hope MB signs some veteran AHLer to help the young blood.
look way to soft. And Tinordi will start the year with the big club

bud12 is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 05:38 PM
  #769
MarkovsKnee
Registered User
 
MarkovsKnee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,046
vCash: 500
Yeah, MB needs to sign at least one veteran centre and one veteran D for Hamilton and an enforcer or maybe even 2 for protection. It's a really young team again.

MarkovsKnee is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 05:42 PM
  #770
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In space..with goats
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,423
vCash: 500
Don't think there are any good scoring veteran centres left. They're either signed already or left for Europe money. Maybe Haydar but he's a winger.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 06:09 PM
  #771
dcal64
Registered User
 
dcal64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Do I miss anybody???

Holland-???-Thomas
Andrighetto-Bournival-Leblanc
Blunden-Nattinen-Fournier
Quailer-Dumont-Belzile
/Lefebvre
Doesn't Dumont have to go through waivers to be sent down?

I hope we don't lose him like Palushaj.

dcal64 is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 06:31 PM
  #772
HabsProspectsExpert
Artturi Lehkonen
 
HabsProspectsExpert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 539
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcal64 View Post
Doesn't Dumont have to go through waivers to be sent down?

I hope we don't lose him like Palushaj.
Yes, this is exact. My prediction is that Dumont will start the season with the Habs as an healty scratch.

HabsProspectsExpert is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 06:47 PM
  #773
onice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Fournier is AHL/ECHL

Habs need a AHL scoring star to center their top line
I hear we got DD tied up for another four years.

onice is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 08:03 PM
  #774
FireBergevin
ultimate warrior
 
FireBergevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,842
vCash: 500
They could always bring back Locke.

FireBergevin is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 08:36 PM
  #775
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Fournier is AHL/ECHL

Habs need a AHL scoring star to center their top line
Alexandre Giroux signed a contract in Switzerland I think.

That was my main hope.

Analyzer is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.