Old
07-03-2013, 09:21 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
you can not make French toast without eggs- I rest my case
They are fine as an ingredient, but not the main vehicle.

Old
07-03-2013, 09:22 AM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
They are fine as an ingredient, but not the main vehicle.
So many directions one could go in here, but I will behave.

Old
07-03-2013, 09:27 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
So many directions one could go in here, but I will behave.
Really? I thought that was a pretty innocent comment.

but I guess I shouldn't be surprised, I could say 'hello' and you guys could turn that into something

Old
07-03-2013, 09:33 AM
GloryDaze4877

Quote:
Really? I thought that was a pretty innocent comment.

but I guess I shouldn't be surprised, I could say 'hello' and you guys could turn that into something
You know we are males, right? The whole the wind blows and we get **** stuff.

Nuff said.

Old
07-03-2013, 09:45 AM
Culture of Hockey
Classless Fanboy

My thoughts on various topics covered:

A. Eggs are meh. I'm not offed by the smell, but they taste weird to me. I think it's a texture thing, which is weird because texture's not usually a dealbreaker in my mind.

2. People outwardly see about 10% of what goes into raising an individual child. Even if you've raised children yourself, the idea that makes you able to parent ALL children is such a poor assumption. Each kid comes with their own challenges and you don't know what they are until it presents and even then, it changes every day. It's the hardest job in the world and it's understandable that some people don't "get it."

III. How is it that Calvin Harris doesn't sing a word but is now a music artist? I am confuse and perhaps showing my age.

4 more hours until freedom from the durty city.

Old
07-03-2013, 09:49 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
I love eggs.

Have 3 eggs over easy with a 1/2 slice of cheese and salsa on top 4 times a week. Omelette's are my favorite, but a pain to make. I am blessed with low cholesterol, so that does no seem to be an issue for me.

It's funny, eggs seem to be a love them or hate them proposition? My oldest and youngest cannot stand the smell of eggs, but my middle son loves them?
I love eggs too and like you I am lucky to have low cholesterol so I can eat them pretty much as often as I like.

Love a hard boiled egg or two for a snack and scrambled eggs topped with ketchup is my idea of a perfect breakfast. Bacon on the side, of course!

Old
07-03-2013, 09:52 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
You know we are males, right? The whole the wind blows and we get **** stuff.

Nuff said.

If you ask Kate how she likes her eggs in the morning, she always says unfertilized...

Old
07-03-2013, 09:52 AM
GloryDaze4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
I love eggs too and like you I am lucky to have low cholesterol so I can eat them pretty much as often as I like.

Love a hard boiled egg or two for a snack and scrambled eggs topped with ketchup is my idea of a perfect breakfast. Bacon on the side, of course!
Also, besides the taste, low in fat and great source for protein.

Old
07-03-2013, 09:53 AM
GloryDaze4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
If you ask Kate how she likes her eggs in the morning, she always says unfertilized...
Wow...

Not the direction I would have gone in, but still pretty creative.

Old
07-03-2013, 09:54 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
Absolutely. Have you seen the kid talk in here?

Ain't nobody got time for that.

Old
07-03-2013, 10:02 AM
JRull86
Formerly Guiledoom

Quote:
Absolutely. Have you seen the kid talk in here?

Ain't nobody got time for that.
I work in a Stop n Shop branch of Citizens...Every single child that comes into this store needs a friggin muzzle.

Old
07-03-2013, 10:21 AM
JRull86
Formerly Guiledoom

1.5 hours of spinning in a chair down!

Old
07-03-2013, 10:26 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Didn't get much time to talk to the girl at work yesterday. She just smiled and waved in the morning. It felt weird however unlike it felt on Sunday. The autistic aspects of my brain have a hard time reading females(among other situations) so I asked my co worker if it looked like she was acting different. She said no and that she is probably is just tired since for most of the day she was in the trailer cooking. Makes sense.

Also the note I gave her had my name and #. My co worker and my friend told me that even though she has my # she probably will not contact me even though she is interested in me because I guess it is my job to ask her for her #.

Old
07-03-2013, 10:31 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRull86 View Post
I work in a Stop n Shop branch of Citizens...Every single child that comes into this store needs a friggin muzzle.
My son went a couple of years without speaking, from about the end of his second year to about age four. One evening during that time I took him to Friendly's, just the two of us, and there was a man there with his little girl - she was about the same age, three or four. And she never stopped talking, chattering away, carrying on. Meanwhile my son sat quietly eating his grilled cheese sandwich. Finally the man, exasperated, said to her, "You see that little boy? Why can't you be quiet like that!?"

I didn't know whether to laugh or to cry. I still don't. Be careful what you wish for.

Old
07-03-2013, 10:34 AM
JRull86
Formerly Guiledoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
My son went a couple of years without speaking, from about the end of his second year to about age four. One evening during that time I took him to Friendly's, just the two of us, and there was a man there with his little girl - she was about the same age, three or four. And she never stopped talking, chattering away, carrying on. Meanwhile my son sat quietly eating his grilled cheese sandwich. Finally the man, exasperated, said to her, "You see that little boy? Why can't you be quiet like that!?"

I didn't know whether to laugh or to cry. I still don't. Be careful what you wish for.
I mean that's an extreme. I'm talking about the kids that just run amok because their parents refuse to do anything to control them. Start yelling and screaming in the checkout isle, pulling **** off the shelves, etc.

Old
07-03-2013, 10:38 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Wow, just wow.

Any thoughts I had of us one day settling down together are obviously over...even if you are really cute
Eggs should not be a deal breaker; beets are a deal breaker; I would give up National secrets if forced to smell let alone eat a beet

Old
07-03-2013, 10:41 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Wow, just wow.

Any thoughts I had of us one day settling down together are obviously over...even if you are really cute
With all of the nonsense I spew in this thread, eggs are the deal breaker?? Really?

Old
07-03-2013, 10:42 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Quote:
I mean that's an extreme. I'm talking about the kids that just run amok because their parents refuse to do anything to control them. Start yelling and screaming in the checkout isle, pulling **** off the shelves, etc.
Those kids are all too common. Was walking in the mall yesterday with my friend and these kids were doing that **** in an aisle near an exit my friend and I were walking towards. They were running around playing, yelling and getting in the way. We got around them but imagine if they didn't get out of our way and we had to say something or if one of them ran into us. Parents would probably give us some attitude.

Same thing happened to my mother on the BART train. These 2 women were talking and there kids were running around playing. Using the thing to hold onto as monkey bars. She said a man asked them to control their kids and the women started talking to each other like OMG who does this guy think he is?

People are just ****ing stupid. I have seen it over and over again. Let their kids act like little *******s in public and if you say something to them about it they get all offended.

Old
07-03-2013, 10:42 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
I know; we've all been there, and there are countless parents who shouldn't even be parents.

But there are those of us - and yeah, as I said, you can include me; I've gotten dirty looks and snide comments from people who think my parenting skills are lacking - who are dealing with more than meets the eye. Just sayin. Obviously for me it's a bit of a sore spot.

Old
07-03-2013, 12:18 PM
Spoked-B
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Eggs should not be a deal breaker; beets are a deal breaker; I would give up National secrets if forced to smell let alone eat a beet
Then you haven't had good Borscht!

Edit: and to contribute to the kids-talk thread -- Louis CK has some of the funniest materials about parenting and kids

Old
07-03-2013, 12:22 PM
tragos

I don't think I've ever posted about myself in here before but need to vent, sorry!

New roommate moved in a couple months ago, just a Craigslist find, didn't know him. We ended up getting really drunk and hooking up the night he moved in. Figured it was a one-time thing at first but then we kept at it, spending a ton of time together and ended up getting along really well. He just got out of a six-year relationship where they lived together for five years. Obviously the whole thing wasn't the best idea but I still figured we could have fun for a bit. Of course I fell for him, since it felt like we were dating... We'd make plans to go to the movies, make dinner together, walk the dog... After a party the other night we were laying in the hammock on the balcony, looking at the clouds, me lying on his chest, and he kissed me. Now, he always gives me a hard time about kissing him unless we're in his room (because it's too relationshippy) so I gave him a hard time about it and broke down and asked him what he wanted... The answer being what I expected, and the opposite of what I wanted to hear. That he needs to be single for a while, and maybe someday down the road.... So I feel like an idiot because I knew what was coming but I'm still feeling heartbroken because we were getting on so well, and the past few days have felt like a breakup, like we're keeping up appearances, and I'm kicking myself for not keeping my mouth shut, and for letting myself like him.

Bah. Sorry. Thanks for listening, guys.

Old
07-03-2013, 12:24 PM
Culture of Hockey
Classless Fanboy

Quote:
I know; we've all been there, and there are countless parents who shouldn't even be parents.

But there are those of us - and yeah, as I said, you can include me; I've gotten dirty looks and snide comments from people who think my parenting skills are lacking - who are dealing with more than meets the eye. Just sayin. Obviously for me it's a bit of a sore spot.
Me too.

I guess that's all I'll say. I suppose the rest isn't worth it.

Everyone have a safe holiday weekend, wherever you're headed and whatever you're doing.

Old
07-03-2013, 12:24 PM
Spoked-B
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u2ZsoYWwJA (link because NSFW: language) Go to the 6:20 mark, though the whole bit is funny.

Old
07-03-2013, 12:28 PM
Patrice37

Send a message via AIM to Patrice37
Anyone knw what happened to the Penaty Box outside the Garden? Any plans for this building in the future?

Old
07-03-2013, 12:35 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm kind of peeved that Boston's fireworks aren't being televised nationally this year.

Closed Thread