HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Draft Summary

Old
07-01-2013, 07:21 PM
Rzombo4 prez

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
I like this draft for the most part, except for the #58 and #109 picks.

Really liked the Mantha and Janmark-Nylen selections.
What is your knock on Pope? I thought that he was one of our better picks to be honest.

Rzombo4 prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 07:23 PM
Frk It
Crap Space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzombo4 prez View Post
What is your knock on Pope? I thought that he was one of our better picks to be honest.
He might be ok, but seems like just another Phillipe Hudon.

Frk It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 07:32 PM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
He might be ok, but seems like just another Phillipe Hudon.
We actually still have his rights, but I still think he would have gotten signed if he stuck out the college route. Especially seeing their aims last night in the draft, a guy like Hudon would have fit.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 07:38 PM
Rzombo4 prez

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
We actually still have his rights, but I still think he would have gotten signed if he stuck out the college route. Especially seeing their aims last night in the draft, a guy like Hudon would have fit.
Hudon playing CIS hockey next year?

Rzombo4 prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 03:48 AM
nik jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsballChic View Post
He's a cutter, sorta like in basketball. By that I mean he comes in from off screen with a full head of steam and then puts the puck in the net.

So, neither? I don't think he's as wicked in the slot as a guy like Hull, but he's in good scoring positions when the puck hits his stick; unlike Cleary.

Trying to think of a good modern comparison and drawing blank; Danny Heatley before the injuries? Like just from a playstyle perspective anyways. You should watch the goal compilation to get your own idea; it's in French but you can always mute the super loud announcers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHN8Oa3ghbA

There's also this, but it looks like many of the highlights are from the same game:

I see a little bit of Tony Amonte there; although once again it's a playstyle thing not a body type thing obviously.
worst thing about him so far is that he does that stupid kneeling arm-dragging goal celebration.

nik jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 04:07 AM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzombo4 prez View Post
Hudon playing CIS hockey next year?
Don't know what his plans are, only that because he actually enrolled we still own his rights. Doesn't look like they are going to sign him at any point. I would assume he would do an overage season then go the CIS route. He is a confusing case because he actually enrolled Cornell and attended classes so we had four years from that date to sign him. Leaving for the CHL didn't change that.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 06:47 AM
Tomas W

Double post

Last edited by Tomas W: 07-02-2013 at 11:18 AM. Reason: double post
Tomas W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 06:51 AM
Tomas W

Mantha is an interesting player, sounds like a great pick at #20, and mini Bert should have been picked later and I'm not educated enough in the others to comment on them.

Tomas W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 12:31 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 925
Quote:
Vertek Vertical Jump with Pause: 1 (tie). Remi Elie, London (OHL), Eamon McAdam, Waterloo (USHL) and Ryan Pulock, Brandon (WHL), 28.5 inches; 4 (tie). Nicholas Baptiste, Sudbury (OHL) and Thomas Vannelli, Minnetonka (HIGH-MN), 28.0; 6 (tie). Samuel Morin, Rimouski (QMJHL), Ryan Kujawinski, Kingston (OHL), and Anthony Mantha, Val-d'Or (QMJHL), 27.5; 9 (tie). Brett Pesce, New Hampshire (H-EAST), Ian McCoshen, Waterloo (USHL), Justin Bailey, Kitchener (OHL), Kerby Rychel, Windsor (OHL), Spenser Jensen, Medicine Hat (WHL), Jeremy Gregoire, Baie-Comeau (QMJHL), Frederik Gauthier, Rimouski (QMJHL), Ryan Fitzgerald, Valley (EJHL), and Morgan Klimchuk, Regina (WHL), 27.0.
Quote:
Standing Long Jump: 1. Zach Nastasiuk, Owen Sound (OHL), 117.0 inches; 2. Jacob de la Rose, Leksand (SWE), 115.0; 3. Justin Bailey, Kitchener (OHL), 114.0; 4. Spenser Jensen, Medicine Hat (WHL), 112.5; 5. Linus Arnesson, Djurgarden (SWE), 111.5; 6 (tie). Sean Malone, USA U-18 (USHL), Nicholas Baptiste, Sudbury (OHL) and Ryan Kujawinski, Kingston (OHL), 111.0; 9 (tie). Steven Santini, USA U-18 (USHL), and Chris Bigras, Owen Sound (OHL), 110.0
Quote:
VO2 Max Test Duration: 1. Mirco Mueller, Everett (WHL), 14:30; 2. Chris Bigras, Owen Sound (OHL), 14:30; 3. Adam Erne, Quebec (QMJHL), 14:00; 4. Rasmus Ristolainen, TPS (FIN), 14:00; 5 (tie). Dillon Heatherington, Swift Current, Samuel Morin, Rimouski (QMJHL) and Bo Horvat, London (OHL), 14:00; 8. Sean Monahan, Ottawa (OHL), 14:00; 9. Anthony Mantha, Val-d'Or (QMJHL), 14:00; 10. Mason Geertsen, Vancouver, 13:30.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=18183

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 07:49 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 925
Pronman's thought about Eastern teams drafts

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 10:26 AM
BF3
Boom Roasted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik jr View Post
worst thing about him so far is that he does that stupid kneeling arm-dragging goal celebration.
Disagree. We need more obnoxious cellys. I want these people going ape-****. Make old Canadians angry. Good stuff.

BF3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 11:30 AM
SportsballChic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alConn View Post
Disagree. We need more obnoxious cellys. I want these people going ape-****. Make old Canadians angry. Good stuff.
I'm all for enjoying your goals, but the kid just looks like a toolbox with that celebration.

needs improvement.

SportsballChic is offline   Reply With Quote