HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All-inclusive Bud Holloway Love/Hate Fest

Closed Thread

Old
07-03-2013, 11:33 AM
Bandit
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
I have Holloway fatigue. Don't care anymore

Old
07-03-2013, 01:28 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeny Oliker View Post
He had 2 excellent seasons in the AHL and I do believe he deserved at least 1 call-up during that time. Much lesser prospects than him got call-ups during that time.

If he does sign with another NHL team, I think you will be surprised by how little money he gets...I doubt he is asking for a lot here.
Linden Vey has had two better seasons than Bud Holloway, and has not received a call up(playing a harder position as well)....

There are reasons for what the Kings do.

Old
07-03-2013, 06:15 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeny Oliker View Post
Since as of 12:01am teams can agree in principle on a deal with UFAs, I'm thinking we may find out about Holloway sooner than we think. If he did decide to sign with another NHL team, we should know soon. If so , good for him. I think LA has again not shown him much respect in these negotiations.
Based on what? What have you heard or seen that indicates he's been shown little/no respect in these negotiations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Linden Vey has had two better seasons than Bud Holloway, and has not received a call up(playing a harder position as well)....

There are reasons for what the Kings do.
And no one is complaining about the lack of call ups as well. However if Vey does leave for Sweden this off-season and has two good seasons, suddenly there will be a pile of posts about how terrible Kings management is, how much they disrepected Vey, etc.

Old
07-03-2013, 06:26 PM
kings11

As a bud holloway supporter all I can say is if you play US professional sports your main objective is to be a champion but if all your after is a paycheck then go for it but your not what our LA KINGS want nor need! End of story on this thread.

Old
07-03-2013, 07:02 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Based on what? What have you heard or seen that indicates he's been shown little/no respect in these negotiations?

And no one is complaining about the lack of call ups as well. However if Vey does leave for Sweden this off-season and has two good seasons, suddenly there will be a pile of posts about how terrible Kings management is, how much they disrepected Vey, etc.
I agree.

Not to mention as someone who exchanges emails with Duds and his family from time to time and has since his days in JR I can tell you that the last time I talked to either of them (BH or his Family) was right as his season ended in the SEL and he absolutely felt that everything between the Kings and him had gone great.

The last thing his agent said was "we are a bit apart from where we want to be with the Kings" and that was last Thursday. If Bud had been disrespected in any way that sort of thing would have gotten around and nothing close to that has been said or even hinted at.

I don't know how anyone could even speculate about anyone being disrespected. especially when each side made all of their decisions based around what is supposed to be the smartest business practice.

Bud made his decisions based on what he felt would be his best and most direct route to getting a shot at being a successful professional hockey player and the Kings did what they felt was best for running of an NHL team.

In the end mistakes have been made (I think but it is arguable) by both sides but I don't think that anyone has disrespected anyone else or at least I don't see it that way nor have I ever heard anyone involved used those sort of words to describe what has taken place.

Old
07-03-2013, 07:18 PM
Knight of the Realm
Heart & Soul

Still wishing he signs in LA. Won't be crushed if doesn't tho.

Old
07-03-2013, 07:28 PM
HookKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kings11 View Post
As a bud holloway supporter all I can say is if you play US professional sports your main objective is to be a champion but if all your after is a paycheck then go for it but your not what our LA KINGS want nor need! End of story on this thread.
LOL. No its not. Professionals play to get paid -- winning is the main objective of their employer. Its great when both are about winning but don't kid yourself -- pros play to get paid.

Old
07-03-2013, 07:49 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookKing View Post
LOL. No its not. Professionals play to get paid -- winning is the main objective of their employer. Its great when both are about winning but don't kid yourself -- pros play to get paid.
I have had this conversation with several different players along the way but I can tell you that most of them say that it is a combination of the two things that motivates them.

Players on bad teams who are getting paid big bucks are typically bummed out. Players on great teams that are underpaid are bummed out.

So there is a definite balance between cash and cups in hockey where players are concerned.

Players do take hometown discounts from time to time and other times will hold out for more cash even though would never think about getting moved.

So I think each case is entirely up to the individual player and their own situation(s). You can't really generalize too much or at least I don't think so.

Old
07-03-2013, 08:57 PM
Peter James Bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I agree.

Not to mention as someone who exchanges emails with Duds and his family from time to time and has since his days in JR I can tell you that the last time I talked to either of them (BH or his Family) was right as his season ended in the SEL and he absolutely felt that everything between the Kings and him had gone great.

The last thing his agent said was "we are a bit apart from where we want to be with the Kings" and that was last Thursday. If Bud had been disrespected in any way that sort of thing would have gotten around and nothing close to that has been said or even hinted at.

I don't know how anyone could even speculate about anyone being disrespected. especially when each side made all of their decisions based around what is supposed to be the smartest business practice.

Bud made his decisions based on what he felt would be his best and most direct route to getting a shot at being a successful professional hockey player and the Kings did what they felt was best for running of an NHL team.

In the end mistakes have been made (I think but it is arguable) by both sides but I don't think that anyone has disrespected anyone else or at least I don't see it that way nor have I ever heard anyone involved used those sort of words to describe what has taken place.
It is so great to have you here, as a true insider. From reading DL's recent statements over the last few weeks regarding Bud, your info seems accurate. DL could have avoided an answer, but stated that Bud remains a good prospect and did well in the SEL. If there truly was bad blood, they wouldn't be negotiating AT ALL. DL and Hex, can be disappointed Bud chose to go to Sweden, but if that was a cardinal sin, they would have completely cut off any future talks.

T'sG: looking forward to your takes on Zykov and our selections, when you have time.

Old
07-03-2013, 09:51 PM
Reclamation Project
Technically Missing

Hey Bud, crap or get off the pot. Kthxbai.

Old
07-04-2013, 02:39 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

With Scuderi most likely leaving, this gives us enough moola to give Bud a good contract, it doesn't hurt to try.

Old
07-04-2013, 03:31 PM
CNS
A World Alone

I can't wait for him to sign somewhere else. Even when we heard he was close to a deal, I was still reluctant in the back of my mind. I wish Bud the best....as long as it's for a team in the east.

Old
07-04-2013, 07:02 PM
kingsfan28
Its A Kingspiracy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
With Scuderi most likely leaving, this gives us enough moola to give Bud a good contract, it doesn't hurt to try.
A good contract for who, LA or Holloway? The guy has yet to play a game in the NHL and has a lot to prove. He should be paid accordingly. There are plenty of guys in the NHL with years of experience making less than 1.5 million a year, and shouldn't getting anything more than that.

Old
07-04-2013, 07:07 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I think the lore of Holloway may have already exceeded that of Pavel Rosa.

Old
07-04-2013, 07:14 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
A good contract for who, LA or Holloway? The guy has yet to play a game in the NHL and has a lot to prove. He should be paid accordingly. There are plenty of guys in the NHL with years of experience making less than 1.5 million a year, and shouldn't getting anything more than that.
For him, obviously. He's a potential top 6 player, he's also 25. His age makes him more physically mature than most of our prospects. And last but not least, if he pushes Dwight king off the third line then I am as happy as I can be.

Old
07-04-2013, 07:18 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Bud turned down our best offer last week.

I suppose he could come back around if he doesn't get what he wants on the open market but that seems unlikely. Still, he is solid and cheap enough so with things being the way they are today I guess anything is possible but that said I don't see Bud in a Kings uni anytime soon.

Fingers crossed but I don't see it. I will say also that I agree with those who say the hype has gotten to be allot for a player like Bud. He is great and has a ton of heart and skill but he still has to prove it all will work in the NHL. I believe he will be able to make the next step but I am a bit biased on him. I will leave it at that.

Old
07-04-2013, 07:21 PM
kingsfan28
Its A Kingspiracy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I think the lore of Holloway may have already exceeded that of Pavel Rosa.
Not yet. He has to score 2 goals as a King in his first game before the lore really kicks in.

Old
07-05-2013, 01:59 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
Not yet. He has to score 2 goals as a King in his first game before the lore really kicks in.
And assist on a milestone goal.

Old
07-05-2013, 12:06 PM
Basilisk

Because of Scuderi going elsewhere, I'd expect a Holloway to the Kings announcement very soon.....

Old
07-05-2013, 12:07 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
Because of Scuderi going elsewhere, I'd expect a Holloway to the Kings announcement very soon.....

Not happening.

Old
07-05-2013, 12:29 PM
jonrazor12
Palffy for President

I just want the holloway saga to end. Hoping he signs a 2yr for 3m deal with la.

Old
07-05-2013, 01:21 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
Penner maybe. Holloway? No. DL never overpays a player simply because he can.

Old
07-05-2013, 01:26 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrazor12 View Post
I just want the holloway saga to end. Hoping he signs a 2yr for 3m deal with la.
3m total maybe, 3m/y no way.

If I was Bud Holloway I'd probably sign in Edmonton.

Old
07-06-2013, 01:13 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

This came out of Sweden and I haven't been able to confirm anything so take it for what it is worth.

"Bud Holloway är även han nära ett kontrakt".

"Bud Holloway is close to signing a contract"

"Bud Holloway could end up signing in the NHL very soon. In Buds in case if it is later than July 15 the SEL/NHL agreement will apply. If he doesn't sign a contract before then he will likely end up back in the black and yellow."

All I have been able to find out so far is that Bud is about to sign a contract but nobody is saying who with. It isn't with Skelftea according to some so I have to believe that we might be an outside chance for where he ends up. Again, I am just speculating but there you go.

At this point wherever he goes I will be happy when it ends.

Last edited by etherialone: 07-06-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old
07-06-2013, 01:24 PM
Fat Elvis

Good job TG, keep the news a flowing. At least we should all know in a few days/week where he'll be playing. Still an intriguing prospect.

Closed Thread