HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here) VIII

Closed Thread

Old
07-03-2013, 02:14 PM
TT1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
One doesn't prevent the other with 9M in cap space.
what

Old
07-03-2013, 02:15 PM
Kass Attack
Formerly HiggsBozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
what
... I give up

Old
07-03-2013, 02:16 PM
KingRoy33

I think the Habs should target Penner & Scuderi. Know what it takes to win, have been there recently and both are big bodies we are lacking. Both guys would be great for the playoffs. We have young talent to help us get there but it's guys like this who get you further when your in the playoffs.

Heck maybe even target Ference.

Old
07-03-2013, 02:17 PM
Kass Attack
Formerly HiggsBozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Warming up to Briere?
Have you ever fell down a flight of stairs head first?
Any pucks in the head?

No Briere...
No... I could ask the same to you, the way you write some of your posts...

That being said, if we're willing to sign a small player, might as well sign the best of them all in playoffs scoring. The guy DOES perform in the playoffs, which could be said of none of our veterans except Subban and to a certain extent, Bourque, this season.

Old
07-03-2013, 02:17 PM
prairie hab

Quote:
Incredible how MTL's medias suck. Portzline is reporting TONS of stuff on who the Jackets are calling right now... meanwhile, nothing about Montreal is being reported. Bunch of clowns.
I prefer it that way.....

Why get hopes up when 95% of rumoured moves never come to fruition?

I understand your frustration none the less.

Old
07-03-2013, 02:19 PM
prairie hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRoy33 View Post
I think the Habs should target Penner & Scuderi. Know what it takes to win, have been there recently and both are big bodies we are lacking. Both guys would be great for the playoffs. We have young talent to help us get there but it's guys like this who get you further when your in the playoffs.

Heck maybe even target Ference.
Yes to Scuderi and even Ference but no to Penner. A leopard cannot change its spots.

Old
07-03-2013, 02:20 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:

That being said, if we're willing to sign a small player, might as well sign the best of them all in playoffs scoring. The guy DOES perform in the playoffs, which could be said of none of our veterans except Subban and to a certain extent, Bourque, this season.
My post wasnt disrepecting, about falling head first down step or pucks in head...was

Again no DB ...dont warm up...no we dont need him

Old
07-03-2013, 02:22 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993 View Post
What year are you living in? Komi is useless and could not make the Leafs. Morrow did not even dress all the Pens playoff games and you want him on the top line. His body is broken. Ask Edmonton fans about Belanger and Eager. Both useless. Thankfully you are not our GM.
Komisarek might be rejuvenated away from Toronto like Redden in Boston and Gomez in SJ. Guys playu a lot better for a 1 mil contract than a huge one like a gorilla on their back(see Myers of Buffalo). If he is healthy I think Komisarek could be a solid depth addition on defense. Low risk high reward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFC View Post
As per Tsn:

Kekalainen told the Columbus Dispatch that a scoring forward is definitely on his shopping list, but that they're more interested in skill over size.

“If you ask anybody, they'd take a 6-5 guy who scores 30 goals over a 5-8 guy who scores 30 goals,” Kekalainen told Aaron Portzline of the Dispatch. “But me personally, I prefer the small guys who play with big heart to the big guys who are less passionate.”.

I'm not really one who wants Gionta gone but he sounds like exactly what Kekalainen is looking for. Any interesting players in Columbus?
Dubinsky but he is their captain I think. Foligno maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post
I agree. He does not get traded to us however. Philly will not do business with us. Smid in Edmonton is a guy that is intriguing. Less offensive upside than Coburn but hits a ton and is a competent defender. Rumours out of Edmonton are that MacT is not a fan of Smid even though he was one of the better players on a bad team.
Smid just signed an extension and he plays a ton of minutes, doubt he goes anywhere, nice cap hit too.

Old
07-03-2013, 02:27 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Komisarek might be rejuvenated away from Toronto like Redden in Boston and Gomez in SJ. Guys playu a lot better for a 1 mil contract than a huge one like a gorilla on their back(see Myers of Buffalo). If he is healthy I think Komisarek could be a solid depth addition on defense. Low risk high reward.
Except that he sucked the season before he left us too...

The guy used to be awesome. If he was THAT player again he'd be great. But now he's just a shell of what he used to be. Time to move on.

Old
07-03-2013, 02:28 PM
overlords
#BargainBanned

no ****ing thanks to ference. Holy **** no.

Old
07-03-2013, 02:30 PM
That Habs Fan
CH fan in TO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Dubinsky but he is their captain I think. Foligno maybe?
I would absolutely love Foligno as a Hab, he's exactly what we need IMO. I would trade Gionta or DD for him in a heartbeat, which would make signing Briere easier to cope with.

Old
07-03-2013, 02:31 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
I want Clowe and Clarkson.

Then trade Pleks and Gionta, and get rid of Moen.
That just makes the team worse. Guys like Clowe and Clarkson without guys like Plekanec to carry the puck and generate offense are useless. Both guys are poor in transition, plus Clowe has huge red flags on his health. Clarkson 5 on 5 is a 3rd liner on a contender, most of his goals are in front of the net on the PP. Useful player but again, cost has to make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
As the offseason unfolds, I believe the options best suited for our club are:

1. Stalberg
2. Clowe
3. Horton
4. Clarkson

the problem remains that I don't believe we are the front runners for any of them
Stalberg to me is a poor fit. Big and soft. I'd pay for Morrow before a guy like that. The other 3 have medical or money concerns. If Horton costs more than 5 mil and is out till January, Pass. Clowe-concussions. Clarkson at 4 mil or more cap hit is a poor buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunner View Post
How about Ryan Malone for free from Tampa big risk reward?
I like taht option, they may even keep 500-1 mil cap hit...unless he is staying with VL being bought out?

Quote:
I'm warming up to the idea of getting Briere, mainly because he's UNREAL in the playoffs... which couldn't be said about many of our forwards.

If we go for a skilled/smallish player, he's the guy I would target first. Way before Elias. Way before Bouchard. Way before all the guys in that mold. His versatility also makes him interesting...

If we sign him, anything around 3.5M/per for two years is acceptable to me.
Not a fan of another smurf.

Quote:
Incredible how MTL's medias suck. Portzline is reporting TONS of stuff on who the Jackets are calling right now... meanwhile, nothing about Montreal is being reported. Bunch of clowns.
Maybe MB is a lot more tight lipped than Kekalainen.

Old
07-03-2013, 02:33 PM

Quote:

Great, we can have a soft small guy that is good in the playoffs but we won't make the playoffs because we will have a team full of small soft players. Maybe Gerbe is good in the playoffs too...let's get him.

Old
07-03-2013, 02:37 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Except that he sucked the season before he left us too...

The guy used to be awesome. If he was THAT player again he'd be great. But now he's just a shell of what he used to be. Time to move on.
He was ok until he screwed up his shoukder against Lucic.

It's a very small gamble. I prefer that than gambling 5-6 years on Scuderi with Tinordi/Beaulieu/Dietz on the way.

Old
07-03-2013, 02:39 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
what
hes saying we can get what you want and what he wants. We have the cap room to make both changes. Fighter and skill.

Old
07-03-2013, 02:41 PM
TT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
hes saying we can get what you want and what he wants. We have the cap room to make both changes. Fighter and skill.
yea i got that but we only have 1 spot open in our top 6

Old
07-03-2013, 02:42 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
no ****ing thanks to ference. Holy **** no.
hahaah love this post. I can't believe people are suggesting getting Ference. Do people not remember him giving the middle finger to the habs crowd a couple years ago? Guy is a moron and is overrated. No ****ing thanks.

Old
07-03-2013, 02:42 PM
Zorba

Quote:
Probably cause Bergevin wont be doing much....

Old
07-03-2013, 02:44 PM
disturbedraven
Lets rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
hahaah love this post. I can't believe people are suggesting getting Ference. Do people not remember him giving the middle finger to the habs crowd a couple years ago? Guy is a moron and is overrated. No ****ing thanks.
Giving the guy a contract and sticking him in the ECHL works for me

Old
07-03-2013, 02:47 PM
teh doors
worst habs poster

Replacement for Armstrong: Prust's old linemate Nystrom who is a beast in Dallas. Hits, can fight, plays LW/RW with a chip on his shoulder. Here's a good article on Nystrom where he gets some praise from Jagr. He also injured Letang last year.

http://starsinsideedge.com/2013/03/2...y-on-top-line/

Replacement for Halpern: 6'3 Smithson. Plays C/W but mainly C where he's got good character and faceoff %. Made 800 K last year, EDM picked him up to replace injured Belanger. Gordon from PHX thru UFA or Boyle from NYR thru trade would also be good but more expensive. Here's a good article on Smithson,

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...rred-smithson/

Veteran stay at home D: Roszival just won the Cup with CHI making 2 million last year and now UFA. He's averaged 20 minutes a game in 38 playoff games the last two years.

Robidas is 36, yet still managed to play 22 minutes a game last year for DAL and play for Canada at the WC. He's played almost a full season every year for the last eight years, very durable. He could be available if the Stars go spending on UFAs. Would be an effective player that's not tied to a long term deal to get in the way of Beaulieu or Tinordi.

Old
07-03-2013, 02:48 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
yea i got that but we only have 1 spot open in our top 6
Not if we get rid of the deadweight like moen and gionta

Old
07-03-2013, 02:49 PM
OpenIceHit

vCash: 677
Do you guys think Clarkson is worth more than 24M for 6 years?

Old
drivefor25

I know I am suppose to have a link to the source but it's not a big name so I thought I would share - you can delete if you want to. One of my buddies who has some connections to the Habs told me today that the Habs are talking to Colorado about Cody Mcleod. I don't post often so not trying to push false data - if I did I would use a bigger name than Cody Mcleod - just want to share my info.

Old
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedraven View Post
Giving the guy a contract and sticking him in the ECHL works for me
that would be amazing

Old
07-03-2013, 02:50 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenIceHit View Post
Do you guys think Clarkson is worth more than 24M for 6 years?
4 years 16 mill, same as Bickell for me.

Closed Thread