HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Edm/Pitt proposal

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2004, 06:47 PM
Oi'll say!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
If the Oilers are looking for a top pick, and Brewer is used as the centerpiece to obtain that pick, I think Columbus is the team that should be targeted. They are playing very poorly right now and could really use a guy like Brewer. On top of that, Columbus isn't going to be able to be a bottom feeding team forever, the fans are going to get tired of the losing. I think that they would consider trading their pick in order to get some proven talent in return.
You're right, I just picked Pitt because I believe they'll finish last. I was more interested in seeing if people would deal Brewer for Ovechkin (or even a very good shot at him) than making a serious pitch.

I'd say that Columbus would be infinitely more interested in making a deal that would pull their team from the abyss at this point, my personal feeling is that the Pens want a Fleury/Ovechkin tandem to drive up the value of their franchise. A Brewer/Fleury tandem isn't as "sexy" to the American public.

Closed Thread