HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Torts on ESPN Radio 98.7 at 4PM

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-03-2013, 02:40 PM
  #1
DZ4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 22
vCash: 500
Torts on ESPN Radio 98.7 at 4PM

Just a heads up, just heard a promo torts will be on espn radio at 4pm. Could be interesting.

DZ4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 03:11 PM
  #2
redfzn
#94
 
redfzn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,463
vCash: 500
quite interesting.

redfzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 03:18 PM
  #3
stan the caddy
Registered User
 
stan the caddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,644
vCash: 500
"Just because I didn't play Chris Kreider people think I didn't play the kids."

"Boston was a better team than us and if other people don't think that they're crazy."

******* right!

stan the caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 03:24 PM
  #4
94now
Registered User
 
94now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Snow Belt, USA
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,445
vCash: 500
I don't care about Vancouver

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 03:29 PM
  #5
Thesensation19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the caddy View Post
"Just because I didn't play Chris Kreider people think I didn't play the kids."

"Boston was a better team than us and if other people don't think that they're crazy."

******* right!
Is this what he really said?

I mean, yea... its true.
People were so hyped on Chris Kreider, and so many people (too many) thought because he limited Kreider's playing time that he does not give young people a chance...

So many people would tell me this to the point I almost believed it.
Then I remembered what he did for JT Miller, Derek Stepan, Ryan McDonagh ( a guy who loved Torts), Carl Hagelin. Heck, Derrick Brassard is quite young too and he was given top minutes as well. John Moore saw plenty of time for a newbie half way thru the year. What about Del Zotto? How many chances and time can you give a guy?

Kreider did not play strong smart hockey. He played hard, he was fast and athletic so he scored on his chances. But he also was a reason for many bad defensive lapses. A gamble

And yes... Bruins were far better than us. Far better than the Pens. They came prepared. Simple. Torts doesnt deserve to be fired... but im glad he did and I like him. Jus like AV better (so far

Thesensation19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 03:30 PM
  #6
Dagoon44
Registered User
 
Dagoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,889
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
They were better for sure but they were because torts refused to allow bigger players like Kreider to play. He made guys play out of position and never kept a line together for more the a game, he was out coached all Season long.. Free Willie


Last edited by Dagoon44: 07-03-2013 at 03:56 PM.
Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 03:34 PM
  #7
TheRightWay
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,524
vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
They were better for sure but they were because torts refused to allow bigger players like Kreider to play. He made guys play out of position and never kept a line together for more the a game, he was out coached all Eason long.. Free Willie
They held the best offense in hockey to two goals in an entire series. Arguably the two best players in the world in Crosby and Malkin were completely helpless. But yes, surely the difference was that CHRIS KREIDER didn't get enough playing time.

TheRightWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 03:36 PM
  #8
16 To Stanley*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,468
vCash: 500
What happened to "it was my fault."

16 To Stanley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 03:37 PM
  #9
Dagoon44
Registered User
 
Dagoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,889
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post
They held the best offense in hockey to two goals in an entire series. Arguably the two best players in the world in Crosby and Malkin were completely helpless. But yes, surely the difference was that CHRIS KREIDER didn't get enough playing time.
So your a torts lover? Defend him all you want the team regressed under him

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 03:40 PM
  #10
Jersey Girl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesensation19 View Post

Jus like AV better (so far
LOL no coach is ever as popular as he is when he's undefeated. Enjoy it while it lasts, AV!

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 03:41 PM
  #11
TheRightWay
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,524
vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
So your a torts lover? Defend him all you want the team regressed under him
Let's analyze this statement. Because I presented factual evidence to you, I must be a "Torts Lover." This says a lot about your mindset. Everything that is good is good. Everything that is bad is bad. There is no gray area, no in between, and no exceptions.

But let's pretend that it was me making a justification to "love" Torts and not simply providing factual information to put into question your abstract, baseless logic. Even if so, it surely was a better justification to like Torts than your logic of "Tortorella made Marc Staal cancel my autograph signing and I'm still ******** about it years later" is to hate him.

TheRightWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 03:41 PM
  #12
M Gaz
Au revoir Shosanna!
 
M Gaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,728
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
So your a torts lover? Defend him all you want the team regressed under him
Tortorella took the blame for losing the series. However, this doesn't fall solely on him. The Bruins were clearly the better team. And how did this team regress under him? We had our best playoff run since '97 under him...

M Gaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 03:48 PM
  #13
Jim Ramsay
Registered User
 
Jim Ramsay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Warwick, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashtyAttack View Post
Tortorella took the blame for losing the series. However, this doesn't fall solely on him. The Bruins were clearly the better team. And how did this team regress under him? We had our best playoff run since '97 under him...
Agreed.

I think it was time for Torts to move on for sure.. but I am shocked by the amount of fans that think its a 'given' that this team is automatically going to progress further just because AV is coach...... I think they're a lot of fans that might be setting themselves up for disappointment..... and I am AV supporter, I still just see some holes in the top 4 lines. This team is no where close to the hawks/bruins of last year

Jim Ramsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 03:50 PM
  #14
stan the caddy
Registered User
 
stan the caddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,644
vCash: 500
He also said that he left on really good terms with Hank. Said Hank cleared that up with everyone. Also said Hank was the hardest working player he ever coached.

stan the caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 03:52 PM
  #15
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the caddy View Post
"Just because I didn't play Chris Kreider people think I didn't play the kids."

"Boston was a better team than us and if other people don't think that they're crazy."

******* right!
He's absolutely right.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 03:53 PM
  #16
Dagoon44
Registered User
 
Dagoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,889
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post
Let's analyze this statement. Because I presented factual evidence to you, I must be a "Torts Lover." This says a lot about your mindset. Everything that is good is good. Everything that is bad is bad. There is no gray area, no in between, and no exceptions.

But let's pretend that it was me making a justification to "love" Torts and not simply providing factual information to put into question your abstract, baseless logic. Even if so, it surely was a better justification to like Torts than your logic of "Tortorella made Marc Staal cancel my autograph signing and I'm still ******** about it years later" is to hate him.
So making this person against me is the best way to explain your argument ? I stated how I feel the team went backwards last season they went from being a cup contender to being a joke and barely making the p.o. .. Kreider Girardi hank mcd Richards all had bad seasons last yr, the coach needs to take the blame .. You wanna play X's and O's with me then let's to.
No game plan and horrible in game coach
No power play
No forechecking
His system of 5 goalies in front of the goalie really hurt the team with injuries and deleted goals .
Shall I continue

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 03:56 PM
  #17
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the caddy View Post
He also said that he left on really good terms with Hank. Said Hank cleared that up with everyone. Also said Hank was the hardest working player he ever coached.
Wow that's really saying something considering he coached MSL as he was winning Hart trophies. MSL is one of the hardest working players in the league and to get that type of praise speaks volumes on Lundqvist's character.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 04:00 PM
  #18
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
They were better for sure but they were because torts refused to allow bigger players like Kreider to play. He made guys play out of position and never kept a line together for more the a game, he was out coached all Season long.. Free Willie
Well if that is the biggest complaint with Torts, how is AV going to be any better?

Quote:

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 04:02 PM
  #19
TheRightWay
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,524
vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
So making this person against me is the best way to explain your argument ? I stated how I feel the team went backwards last season they went from being a cup contender to being a joke and barely making the p.o. .. Kreider Girardi hank mcd Richards all had bad seasons last yr, the coach needs to take the blame .. You wanna play X's and O's with me then let's to.
No game plan and horrible in game coach
No power play
No forechecking
His system of 5 goalies in front of the goalie really hurt the team with injuries and deleted goals .
Shall I continue
Yeah, that's exactly how this all played out. Here is, in my opinion, a more accurate representation of this thread:

You claimed that the Rangers were "outplayed" by the Bruins only because Tortorella refused to play "bigger" players such as "Kreider." I pointed out that the Bruins completely shut down the best offensive team in hockey and specifically Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin, who are far superior players to 95% of the NHL, let alone Chris Kreider. You then countered this by exclaiming that, because I don't believe that Chris Kreider would have done anything that Sidney Crosby or Evgeni Malkin were not able to do, I therefore am a "Torts lover."


I'm not even going to address the rest of your crap because:

1) It's very clear you have inherent biases; probably in part because you're still holding a grudge over Tortorella supposedly forcing Marc Staal to not sign autographs for you or whatever.

and

2) I'm not going to waste my time attempting to decipher what the hell you are trying to (probably irrationally and without factual evidence) argue because it is written in such a ridiculously incoherent manner. It hurts my head trying to figure out what the hell half of your fragmented sentences even mean.

TheRightWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 04:10 PM
  #20
ck20
Registered User
 
ck20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 1,136
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesensation19 View Post
Is this what he really said?

I mean, yea... its true.
People were so hyped on Chris Kreider, and so many people (too many) thought because he limited Kreider's playing time that he does not give young people a chance...

So many people would tell me this to the point I almost believed it.
Then I remembered what he did for JT Miller, Derek Stepan, Ryan McDonagh ( a guy who loved Torts), Carl Hagelin. Heck, Derrick Brassard is quite young too and he was given top minutes as well. John Moore saw plenty of time for a newbie half way thru the year. What about Del Zotto? How many chances and time can you give a guy?

Kreider did not play strong smart hockey. He played hard, he was fast and athletic so he scored on his chances. But he also was a reason for many bad defensive lapses. A gamble

And yes... Bruins were far better than us. Far better than the Pens. They came prepared. Simple. Torts doesnt deserve to be fired... but im glad he did and I like him. Jus like AV better (so far
I think you're really forgetting how absolutely awful and how big of a liability Miller was when he had to play something that resembled defense. I think that's what people's qualm is with how Kreider was handled; not that Kreider wasn't given a fair shake (he was more than given the chance to succeed and was still unreliable), but that Miller was just as bad as or worse than Kreider, yet was given "benefit of the doubt" so to speak and wasn't benched or sent down until after a couple dozen more defensive lapses and general brain farts than Kreider was responsible for. Tortorella clearly did have something against Kreider and/or the way he played, whether he comes out and says it or not, otherwise we would have seen Kreider out there just as much as Miller which wasn't the case.

ck20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 04:17 PM
  #21
Crazed Beaver
Registered User
 
Crazed Beaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Swamp
Country: United States
Posts: 737
vCash: 844
Torts is a good coach but he mishandled his players. I think he will find success in vc but I'm glad he was fired. We can't have Boyle getting 14 min and win a cup. Not because he isn't good defensively but because our lack of adequate depth is the reason such a one dimensional player figures so prominately. Powe,pyatt, and asham couldn't sniff a legit contending roster. We were lucky to make it as far as we did. Getting ***** slapped by fl in a important game while fighting for playoff spot was an eye opener. We Just aren't deep enough and it's simple as that.

Av might do no better with this roster. Despite the close scores we were NEVER a threat to bos. Our weaknesses were exposed yet will go unattended once again. Weak bottom six and soft top six. We rely on Hank and strong d. We have step, Nash and brass who are legit top six with hags and cally who should be third liners. Torts masked our lack of talent with his def turtle scheme. Hope av has a plan because our front office haven't done much.

Crazed Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 04:22 PM
  #22
stan the caddy
Registered User
 
stan the caddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by htk30 View Post
I think you're really forgetting how absolutely awful and how big of a liability Miller was when he had to play something that resembled defense. I think that's what people's qualm is with how Kreider was handled; not that Kreider wasn't given a fair shake (he was more than given the chance to succeed and was still unreliable), but that Miller was just as bad as or worse than Kreider, yet was given "benefit of the doubt" so to speak and wasn't benched or sent down until after a couple dozen more defensive lapses and general brain farts than Kreider was responsible for. Tortorella clearly did have something against Kreider and/or the way he played, whether he comes out and says it or not, otherwise we would have seen Kreider out there just as much as Miller which wasn't the case.
He had to play someone. The Rangers absolutely had no depth. Miller could play some center, could carry the puck in the neutral zone, and actually got shots on net.

It wasn't until the Gaborik trade that the Rangers actually had some depth at center.

If he was so anti-CK and so pro-JT, why did Kreider play in the postseason and not JT?

Such a ridiculous reason to hate on the coach. There's no consistency at all.

stan the caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 04:26 PM
  #23
Jim Ramsay
Registered User
 
Jim Ramsay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Warwick, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 496
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Thugice;68579143] We have step, Nash and brass who are legit top six with hags and cally who should be third liners. [QUOTE]

Maybe on a crazy stacked team Callahan is a third liner.... only 13 right-wingers scored more goals than Callahan during the regular season. That is DEFINITE Second-line material on most teams....

Jim Ramsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 04:42 PM
  #24
Crazed Beaver
Registered User
 
Crazed Beaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Swamp
Country: United States
Posts: 737
vCash: 844
[QUOTE=Jim Ramsay;68579639][QUOTE=Thugice;68579143] We have step, Nash and brass who are legit top six with hags and cally who should be third liners.
Quote:

Maybe on a crazy stacked team Callahan is a third liner.... only 13 right-wingers scored more goals than Callahan during the regular season. That is DEFINITE Second-line material on most teams....
For av their respective two-way games translate to third. We have five solid pieces for our top nine IMO. Any way you cut it it's not good enough. Hopefully beaver finds the fountain of youth then we are at 6/9 and a bunch of ???????

Don't want to bring in mercs but trading or aquiring some young proven talent needs to happen even if at the cost of mdz or other piece of value.


Last edited by Crazed Beaver: 07-03-2013 at 05:30 PM.
Crazed Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 05:14 PM
  #25
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the caddy View Post
If he was so anti-CK and so pro-JT, why did Kreider play in the postseason and not JT?

Such a ridiculous reason to hate on the coach. There's no consistency at all.
To be fair, Miller was sent home to rehab his wrist not too long into the playoffs

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:01 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.