HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

PowerPlayManager.com - Part 9 - Hockey, Soccer and Handball? Oh my!

Closed Thread

Old
07-03-2013, 03:34 PM
canucks357

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald76 View Post
Effectively tied up Ireland 1.I today with a win v one of my closest rivals, while THE closest rival was beaten in his match.
I thought you were talking soccer for some reason bahahaha. I was really confused there. Congrats, I have one game left versus someone in the top-8 (outside the top-4 and if you look at Canada's II.3 in hockey it is VERY much a 4-horse race, 2 other teams within 2 pts of me and I've only lost 1 game in 60min all year ... the 4th place team has played VL all year and is tops in OTS in our league) so unless something crazy happens, which it often does, I should be a lock for 1st too.

Old
07-03-2013, 04:40 PM
Emerald76

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
I thought you were talking soccer for some reason bahahaha. I was really confused there. Congrats, I have one game left versus someone in the top-8 (outside the top-4 and if you look at Canada's II.3 in hockey it is VERY much a 4-horse race, 2 other teams within 2 pts of me and I've only lost 1 game in 60min all year ... the 4th place team has played VL all year and is tops in OTS in our league) so unless something crazy happens, which it often does, I should be a lock for 1st too.
Just had a look at your last few opponents - should be in the bag barring a major hiccup on the way. Also that's a strong squad you got there - AQ-wise.

Old
07-03-2013, 04:44 PM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald76 View Post
Just had a look at your last few opponents - should be in the bag barring a major hiccup on the way. Also that's a strong squad you got there - AQ-wise.
Thanks! That's what I was gearing towards. Young with high AQ. I have a sweet trio of elite 17 year olds (Q and OR wise) that are 6/6 (L, R and U). I'll be ecstatic if my crop of youngsters is relatively untouched C/L drop wise, specifically, my 16yo stud GK "Golem". Part of the reason I forked out huge cash on the 17 year old wingers was because if they drop at least they're 6/6 at 17.

I also have some sleeper guys in there including a 99EQ defenceman. His OR is low but trains like a brute. I guess we'll see if the game still hates me. I got hit hard with soccer C/L drops. I hope it is a player-specific drop thing and not team-specific (ie. it is not X% of players on each team drop rather than each player has A-N% chance of dropping depending on player-induced variables).

Old
07-03-2013, 05:20 PM
kytihu

Funny stat anomaly in handball today -

My opponent had 9 TOs. My team had 12 steals. Figure that one out.

Old
07-03-2013, 08:58 PM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytihu View Post
Funny stat anomaly in handball today -

My opponent had 9 TOs. My team had 12 steals. Figure that one out.
Steals take into account phone numbers from hotties in the front row.

Old
07-04-2013, 08:36 AM
canucks357

4* 6/6 385 OR C/W pulled last night. Will have him scouted by 11pm tonight, but, with 30 days or so left in the season I'm leaning towards selling as he won't likely crack my lineup. Besides, I only ever pull 15 6/6 to 16 5/6 guys Only issue is he'd be worth some cash and I'll be at 29 sales in the last 112 days soon.

Old
07-04-2013, 08:48 AM
suprvilce

Here are my superstars from today's SA. Let's assume 2.5* is average pull. If all stars that aren't yellow and those that are switched places, it would be a very good pull. Now it is very bad.

Old
07-04-2013, 09:20 AM
EspOrrsito
edumacated

In hockey I pulled a 5* 6/6 485 OR AvQ 99% Goalie, then I woke up from my dream checked my real pull and threw up a little bit in my mouth.

Old
07-04-2013, 09:59 AM
tujague

I was getting so jealous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obryantj View Post
Ideally I'd like to pick up a CD around 1400 OR and 22 years or younger (at least 4/6). I'd be willing to go after less OR if the age and CL are better. This will probably cost me a lot of cash. Depending on how my upcoming market transactions go, I may go crazy on the market.
Okay. That might be a tough one. I don't usually search for 4/6 (I should! Your team has some ridonkulous players with lesser CL). But I'll take a peek every once in a while.

Speaking of CDs, Grincas has already made the transition to SD
Code:
Goa 	27		67	
	------------Age	22
Def 	370		88	
	------------CL	excellent (5/6)
Mid 	40		72	
	------------PrS	Left
Off 	32		84	
	------------Exp	59
Sho 	41		83	
	------------Che	39%
Pas 	166		73	
	------------Ene	100/100
Tec 	185		86	
	------------Pos	Defender
Spe 	231		74	

Hea 	167	 	77	

OR	1259	AvQ	78%
12 more days of camp should make him look even better. He has 50-60 too much Heading. I'll just use that as an experiment. Maybe SDs need more Heading than I think Lord knows I've made that mistake before. He was a 25 for me and 29 for the Lithuanian NT at CD last season. I'll be happy if he's close to that at SD after these two camps. Then it'll get better as he gains chem. Hopefully he's ready to replace Paquet and his 34 IGR by the end of this season.

Quote:
Piatrouski is a CF. Aldridge is 9th in the world in OR, so he's most likely the top LM in the game.
I knew that couldn't be right It looks they finally fixed that bug where a sub moving to another position would get rated as if he was playing the old guy's position. And they added position changes to the Match Report. Very nice. Although it does kind of screw me. I would sometimes show one formation and then switch players around to another with no one the wiser

Quote:
I tend to train my midfielders with more shooting than the Corona's and I think the performance increase due to the increased shooting is greater than the IGR increase. At least, that's what I keep telling myself.
See, that's how I want to do it as well. I currently have a CM and LM with 120+ shot. And I know some of the guys I sold were close to 100. But I never noticed a consistent result. Some guys with high shot produced points, some didn't. And vice versa.

Quote:
There were some 17 year old, 6/6 players with over 1000 OR that I was outbid on at the end of last season. You might keep an eye out for them. I should mention that I don't (currently) have any 18, 6/6, 1000+ or 21, 5/6, 1400+ players. I do have nine 18 year olds with at least 900 OR, but only two are 6/6. My 1400+ OR players are currently 23 and 25.
I meant the player I buy would have to have the potential to reach those numbers in those seasons. So a 21yo bought at the beginning of this season might have 1200 OR, with an outside chance at getting close to 1400.

Didn't Young have ~1300 OR at 18yo? Yep. 21 & 1400 isn't too crazy. Certainly not in a season or two.

I also like canucks idea of going after a 17yo 6/6. I'm guessing the prices might be slightly less than an 18yo 6/6. Anyone know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprvilce View Post
I still think that teams in lower leagues in handball should have same sponsors as I.1 teams. Sure salaries for players and staff are slightly lower here (at the beginning barely anyway), which is the only argument for it if i remember. But what about bigger OTR boost? And what about getting more from ticket sales? In 2nd season i'm sure the league level is taken into account when sponsors give offers, but for 1st seasons everyone should have had same sponsors. Now it's too late anyway.
Things wouldn't get so unfairly out of whack, if they would just cancel the International Cups for the first 3-5 seasons. That's where things can go crazy. You get into an IC in the second or third season and you start picking up an extra 20-30 OR. That's a huge advantage.

But I don't think they can do that because they 'sold' spots in I.1.

Old
07-04-2013, 11:11 AM
suprvilce

I hate when teams playe normal priority in handball in friendlies. From now on i'll look 1 weak ahead at teams i'm playing and if a team is playing normal in it's friendlies then i'll cancel frendly!

Last edited by suprvilce: 07-04-2013 at 12:08 PM.
Old
07-05-2013, 11:11 AM
camrawrn

Got a pretty decent pull in soccer (343 OR, 4 star defenseman) yesterday, AND Dallas made a couple of big trades.

Old
07-05-2013, 01:33 PM
suprvilce

First transfer of 1B+ in hockey history (if i'm not mistaken) will take place in less than 20 hours. Man, how can a 23 year old reach 2100 OR?

Old
07-05-2013, 04:26 PM
tujague

I've somehow won 5 straight Handball games.

Quote:
I hate when teams playe normal priority in handball in friendlies. From now on i'll look 1 weak ahead at teams i'm playing and if a team is playing normal in it's friendlies then i'll cancel frendly!
Very annoying. I had someone go Very High this week! It might be a good idea to start cancelling:

Quote:
Originally Posted by camrawrn View Post
Got a pretty decent pull in soccer (343 OR, 4 star defenseman) yesterday, AND Dallas made a couple of big trades.

Very nice pull

Quote:
First transfer of 1B+ in hockey history (if i'm not mistaken) will take place in less than 20 hours. Man, how can a 23 year old reach 2100 OR?
What!?!? If my top 18yos gained 200 OR per season (not going to happen, not even close) for FIVE seasons, they would be around 1900. My best trainer has gained 120 OR so far this season. Yeah. That's without camps, but still very far away. Wow.

Old
07-05-2013, 04:31 PM
redcard

Quote:
I'll admit that sometimes I'm guilty of this. I have pro-pack in soccer and hockey and have for a while now so my friendly tactics are always set to VL. But I haven't invested in a pro-pack for handball and often forget to switch tactics.

Old
07-05-2013, 05:01 PM
suprvilce

It's fine if you forget sometimes or if you by accident you play your top 3 lines instead of all 4 (this happend to me once this season in hockey due to player injury), but i noticed quite a few teams in handball are playing normal or higher in friendlies. The only time i play high in friendly is at the end of the season if BOTH teams have no more competitive games left, and even then i feel bad if the opposing team is at very low. So i can be guilty of that as well just not games during the season

New handball prospects coming tomorrow. I probably shouldn't even look since it's only gonna make me sick

Old
07-05-2013, 10:31 PM
camrawrn

Hmm, got a 161 OR pivot from my academy. I'll probably just throw him on the market since he's only a few points better than my current pivots, and appears to be low quality. And if he sells for a decent amount, I can get my next Sports Academy upgrade.

Old
07-06-2013, 12:51 AM
tujague

Finally got a good pull

220 OR, 6/6, Lefty, and 3stars across the board, so he can play any position except goalie. I think he bounced my last crappy pull (lionel deibel) out of the lineup. *checks* Yep. He replaces my decent pull (Singletary) at the left back position, and Singletary knocks Little Debbie back to the bench. And probably all the way to the market if I could ever remember to put anyone up.

He's 46 OR better than my next best player

Old
07-06-2013, 04:25 AM
suprvilce

Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
Finally got a good pull

220 OR, 6/6, Lefty, and 3stars across the board, so he can play any position except goalie. I think he bounced my last crappy pull (lionel deibel) out of the lineup. *checks* Yep. He replaces my decent pull (Singletary) at the left back position, and Singletary knocks Little Debbie back to the bench. And probably all the way to the market if I could ever remember to put anyone up.

Congrats! I'm still looking to get a player with over 200 OR, some teams have 3 already or more

Got a 156 OR goalie (5/6 ofc like all of my pulls) but with what seems a low blocking quality, so he's not someone who i can count on past this season.

Old
07-06-2013, 05:29 AM
tescosamoa

.5 star 114OR 5/6

Old
07-06-2013, 07:33 AM
suprvilce

Need to make a decision about which center to play in playoffs (will play 3 lines, need to decide on #3 center):

C-1 is 26 3/6 and with great Qs, desipte low shot I intend on keeping this player, train shot as long as he's with the team (no more than 2-3 seasons probably)

C-2 is 26 2/6, am planning to sell him at season's end.

Normally it would be a no brainer and would play C-1 to build up his chemistry, but with the other player having so much more energy left (most regulars are at 83%) and good shot but not as good primary & secondary skills i'm now leaning towards playing this one. Thoughts?

Old
07-06-2013, 08:02 AM
tescosamoa

Go for it on game one with the top player to determine who you will dress for the second game. You win you can rest him the next game then use him for the 3rd game if needed.

Old
07-06-2013, 08:19 AM
EspOrrsito
edumacated

Quote:
Finally got a good pull

Nice!

Old
07-06-2013, 09:18 AM
canucks357

Quote:
Finally got a good pull

Congrats bud. Another 100-120 OR pull for me from my level 5 SA. At this point I figure this puts me so far behind (every crap pull for me there are good pulls for others making it harder for hitting tactics to be enough to win) I doubt I'll be able to make up ground with a normal rate of decent pulls. Sad to say lads but this may mark the end for my handball team. I won't quit, but I also won't give a ****.

The kicker is with SA lvl 6 finishing in a bit I will have 1 pull in the next 2 weeks before having two quick back-to-back. That makes it very hard to win over the next 2 weeks as my roster needs a lot of help.

Old
07-06-2013, 10:22 AM
tujague

suprvilce, try to use those guys in some friendlies. Swap them out for a couple of games to see which one gives a better rating for your third line. Or whichever line they will be centering in the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
Congrats bud. Another 100-120 OR pull for me from my level 5 SA. At this point I figure this puts me so far behind (every crap pull for me there are good pulls for others making it harder for hitting tactics to be enough to win) I doubt I'll be able to make up ground with a normal rate of decent pulls. Sad to say lads but this may mark the end for my handball team. I won't quit, but I also won't give a ****.

The kicker is with SA lvl 6 finishing in a bit I will have 1 pull in the next 2 weeks before having two quick back-to-back. That makes it very hard to win over the next 2 weeks as my roster needs a lot of help.
Have you considered visiting the market? I did. I had a bunch of players I was looking at over the next few days. Nothing as good as Rivers as I could only afford 170-180 OR. But I had to do something if the Academy wasn't going to help. Don't let everything slip away simply because things aren't going according to plan. Delay some construction and buy some decent players to get you through this.

By the way, you won't have a pull and then two quick ones. You have two quick ones I'm in the same boat and I'll be waiting 10 days for the chance to get two pulls at SA6. Even though waiting has never resulted in a good pull for me.

Old
07-06-2013, 10:56 AM
canucks357

Quote:
Have you considered visiting the market? I did. I had a bunch of players I was looking at over the next few days. Nothing as good as Rivers as I could only afford 170-180 OR. But I had to do something if the Academy wasn't going to help. Don't let everything slip away simply because things aren't going according to plan. Delay some construction and buy some decent players to get you through this.

By the way, you won't have a pull and then two quick ones. You have two quick ones I'm in the same boat and I'll be waiting 10 days for the chance to get two pulls at SA6. Even though waiting has never resulted in a good pull for me.
Thought about it but things are still way overpriced. I'm not going to fork out half a level 7 worth of cash for a guy who will only play 2 seasons. I've thought about it, but I'm going to wait until things become more reasonable.

Closed Thread