HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 5.0

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2013, 09:01 PM
Danleri

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
Andy Murray was interviewed on TSN 690 this morning and, when asked the same question, stated that he would expect McCarron to play 2 years in their program and then make the jump directly to the NHL.

Also said that he expects him to be 250lbs by that time, since he's still have lots of room to add muscle without loosing speed.
That sounds more reasonable, thanks. Can't wait to see more of him, I'm very excited for this kid.

Old
07-03-2013, 12:00 PM
Shutdown

Mac Bennett promised Brisebois he would weigh in at 195 for development camp.
he weighed in at 195.0 yesterday.

He's about the same height as Subban, so if he can hit 200-205 as a pro, that's pretty solid for a guy who can skate like he does.

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-hock...070313aad.html

Old
07-03-2013, 12:00 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
So, it's very possible that he might not make it just based on his size because he'll get called for a lot of penalties.
As long as the NHL refs don't call penalties for being too big, Mikey should look pretty good in three years. Definitely about time the Habs get some muscle with talent and smarts.

The Habs are going to be a handful for most teams in four years. They might be able to land Clarkson, Weiss and a enforcer like McGratten in the UFA's. If so the Habs could win a couple of rounds maybe more next season. I know Bergevin doesn't like going for the UFA's, but these are his types of players except McGratten.

Old
07-03-2013, 12:10 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown View Post
Mac Bennett promised Brisebois he would weigh in at 195 for development camp.
he weighed in at 195.0 yesterday.

He's about the same height as Subban, so if he can hit 200-205 as a pro, that's pretty solid for a guy who can skate like he does.

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-hock...070313aad.html
Watch him just chunder Fettucini Alfredo all over the ice at the Development Camp.

"I did my best, Breezy" *Tears

"Ya done good boy"

Last edited by Draft: 07-03-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Old
07-03-2013, 01:53 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
As long as the NHL refs don't call penalties for being too big, Mikey should look pretty good in three years. Definitely about time the Habs get some muscle with talent and smarts.

The Habs are going to be a handful for most teams in four years. They might be able to land Clarkson, Weiss and a enforcer like McGratten in the UFA's. If so the Habs could win a couple of rounds maybe more next season. I know Bergevin doesn't like going for the UFA's, but these are his types of players except McGratten.
The question with guys like McCarron isn't so much whether they take a bunch of penalties, because in any event they probably will.

Its whether the can draw enough penalties to compensate. Big physical forwards that can skate and are something of an offensive threat tend to be some of the best at drawing infractions.

Old
07-03-2013, 02:16 PM
S Bah

Just listening to the Knuckles Nilan show and McCarron wants to prove that he can scrap basically, then an interview with Christian Thomas, he's at Brossard already after finding out last night about the trade. Gung Ho! this youngster, it's time to shine Christian, as we know you can. Looking forward to seeing him at the pre-season camp and showing his abilities with players that are equally talented. I'm sure they will find chemistry between some of the young guns the Habs are acquiring.

Old
07-03-2013, 03:35 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Watch him just chunder Fettucini Alfredo all over the ice at the Development Camp.

"I did my best, Breezy" *Tears

"Ya done good boy"

funniest post ever!!! 'chunder'??? man that was a good laugh. pretty sure you've been serving up some other gems too.

and the pic of Breezer's perfect, hahaha

Last edited by dackelljuneaubulis02: 07-03-2013 at 04:00 PM.
Old
07-03-2013, 06:56 PM
S Bah

While delving through the UFA's I notice LA Kings have Keaton Ellerby a former top ten pick of Florida's. Why not pursue him he's huge for a defensive dman at 6'5" and 230lbs. could be just what the Habs need as a seventh Dman. Instead of Drewiske whom LA let go and held onto Ellerby, he's a pretty good skater also ask Price they are cousins. He'd be reasonable to sign I would think and would fit in well with the Habs D-corps.

Old
07-03-2013, 07:16 PM
HCH

Quote:
While delving through the UFA's I notice LA Kings have Keaton Ellerby a former top ten pick of Florida's. Why not pursue him he's huge for a defensive dman at 6'5" and 230lbs. could be just what the Habs need as a seventh Dman. Instead of Drewiske whom LA let go and held onto Ellerby, he's a pretty good skater also ask Price they are cousins. He'd be reasonable to sign I would think and would fit in well with the Habs D-corps.
Actually, LA traded for Ellerby and then traded Drewiske. I like his size, too. He had a reasonable number of hits and blocked shots when you consider the minutes he played.

Old
07-03-2013, 07:23 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Ellerby is crap. That's why.

Old
07-03-2013, 07:31 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
The best setting for McCarron IMO is at Western Michigan under Andy Murray. He will get the best of two hockey world's having Murray as his coach, a former NHL coach. Secondly the training time available to work on any deficiencies he may have, along with dietary concerns, weightlifting etc. Time that won't be available in Junior with London Knights.

I have every reason to be optimistic that Mikey will prove Timmins, Bergevin & the Scouting team were well founded in their decision to draft him in the 1st round. Getting Christian Thomas for Danny Kristo is another feather in the Habs cap IMO. This week just keeps improving, Flyers signing of Vinny just a small sample of how lucky the Habs have been.

I can't wait for the results obtained from the prospect camp this week, sure would have been nice to have had Thomas on hand, he's just the type of team oriented player the Habs look for.
College would be good for him if he was 6'5 190lbs. Fortunately he already weighs 240lbs. He needs to go to a league where he can hit, fight and get used to a longer schedule. Not only that, he'd be going to a top CHL franchise with a top CHL management and coaching team. If he was going to Sherbrooke or something, maybe that would be a different story. But Dale Hunter is great at improving individual work ethic and turning players into pests.

That said, it wouldn't be the end of the world if he ended up being coached by Andy Murray.

Old
07-03-2013, 08:38 PM
LeHaboholique

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=70426

this says Andighetto isplaying in Genève-Servette next year any insight/help?

Old
07-03-2013, 08:42 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeHaboholique View Post

It was his last junior season, he signed that contract in December, he has an out clause to sign an NHL contract, who knows what the Habs want to do, we'll see.

Old
07-03-2013, 08:42 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
It was his last junior season, he signed that contract in December, he has an out clause to sign an NHL contract, who knows what the Habs want to do, we'll see.
AHL, pronto.

Old
07-03-2013, 09:01 PM
LeHaboholique

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
Thanks!

Old
07-04-2013, 06:37 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeHaboholique View Post

I would assume that he gets signed by the Habs in the next couple weeks and plays in Hamilton next year.

Old
07-06-2013, 02:10 AM
HabsProspectsExpert
Artturi Lehkonen

Old
07-06-2013, 11:07 AM
Et le But

Not a Habs prospect, but in CHL news, anyone think there is a chance Mads Eller signs with the Oil Kings?

Old
07-06-2013, 07:19 PM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Not a Habs prospect, but in CHL news, anyone think there is a chance Mads Eller signs with the Oil Kings?
It's been rumoured that he wants to go to the CHL and that he has informed Frölunda about it, so I'd say yes.

Old
07-07-2013, 11:25 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
Ellerby is crap. That's why.
Try telling Lombardi that. he just resigned him and he'll be getting lots of icetime in LA, with Scuderi gone Ellerby takes over as Defensive Dman next in line.

Old
07-07-2013, 11:32 AM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Try telling Lombardi that. he just resigned him and he'll be getting lots of icetime in LA, with Scuderi gone Ellerby takes over as Defensive Dman next in line.
Even with Scuderi gone Ellerby is still the #7 in LA. Scuderi left because Regehr took his job. There's still Doughty, Voynov, Mitchell, Regehr, Green, Martinez and Muzzin ahead of Ellerby on the depth chart.

Old
07-07-2013, 11:34 AM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Even with Scuderi gone Ellerby is still the #7 in LA. Scuderi left because Regehr took his money. There's still Doughty, Voynov, Mitchell, Regehr, Green, Martinez and Muzzin ahead of Ellerby on the depth chart.

Old
07-07-2013, 12:52 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
Even with Scuderi gone Ellerby is still the #7 in LA. Scuderi left because Regehr took his money. There's still Doughty, Voynov, Mitchell, Regehr, Green, Martinez and Muzzin ahead of Ellerby on the depth chart.
Well even with the double post, I would love to have Ellerby as depth for the Habs. Crap is the stuff trapped in your shoe not former 10th OV Def. picks like Ellerby. Lombardi tried offering more money but he was to late. By the way Mitchell didn't play for LA last year, Greene only played 5 games and Martinez played in 27 games while Ellerby played 44 games and steady mins. too.

Last edited by S Bah: 07-07-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old
07-08-2013, 10:10 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
We most definately have our own Seguin....Wow, watch out party boys..calm down...

For people who wouldn't know our guys, it's Pateryn and Bennett on their way out of Montreal after the camp.

https://vine.co/v/h7bPATeDljX

Old
07-08-2013, 12:02 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
We most definately have our own Seguin....Wow, watch out party boys..calm down...

For people who wouldn't know our guys, it's Pateryn and Bennett on their way out of Montreal after the camp.

https://vine.co/v/h7bPATeDljX

I just spent the last 2 minutes watching it loop again and again. **** you internet.

Closed Thread