HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

I want your opinion on this thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2004, 06:58 PM
CupBound

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rec28
Well, it was classless to be sure, but I don't quite think it's worthy of a lawsuit... or of contacting the Flames organization for that matter. Let them stew in their own crapulence. Grownups can see it for what it is.
Actually the Oilers could have had the last laugh by WINNING the game, no?
Wasn't it Smith that guaranteed a win in that game? One more reason to beat the Flames, but I guess when you suck as bad as the Oilers do now it's hard to come up with a win regardless of the motivation factor.

Old
01-08-2004, 06:59 PM
Oilers Hockey

You are seriously *delusional* if you think those events have ANY similiarities on how the Flames organization degraded themselves.

Quote:
but I guess when you suck as bad as the Oilers do now it's hard to come up with a win regardless of the motivation factor
4 points out of a playoff spot hardly means the Oilers "suck", no matter much you delude yourself into believeing that.

Old
01-08-2004, 06:59 PM
zoidberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat
And the Flame fans come here and act like ***** now. Awesome.
It's kind of ironic that you say that the Flames fans are acting like ***** while a member of your group is calling the city "Crygary", the team "the Shames," and a website run by a quality individual "CrygaryCemetary," not to mention the rampant generalizations that have been prevalent throughout (See: Overweight geeks have you met any of the Calgary Puck people? Also the morons comment. For someone complaining about a lack of class you're proving to be rather hypocritical). Just because the Calgary Puck fans have a different opinion than yours (which I'm sure is esteemed in your own right, mind you) you slap a variety of insults on them and return to your merry ways. Anyways, I thought it was funny and so did an array of others - the one part I thought was rather unclassy was the Olympic Coin, but the rest was not that bad at all. I don't think the Mullet was stereotyping Edmonton as a whole, just Ryan Smyth (who is Calgarian. Maybe we unwittingly took a jab at ourselves).

Then again, I probably just rambled on for nothing. I'm probably, judging by the reactions other Flames fans got here, going to be flamed. But c'est la vie.

And let's face it, your coach pulled out our mascot's tongue!

Old
01-08-2004, 07:00 PM
metallicat
@metallicat51

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowetide
I haven't seen the video in question, nor do I care to; having said that, I am concerned with this thread and where it's going.

If there's something worthwhile to be said, then post away. But the snippy content from both sides is on the verge of being 'delete worthy'.

Just so everyone is warned, it's coming in the next 5 minutes.
Well I urge you to go look at the video, but if you don't, that is fine. I am sending an email, and hope this thread remains open for more discussion.

Old
01-08-2004, 07:00 PM
Snakeeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemskyfan
You are seriously *delusional* if you think those events have ANY similiarities on how the Flames organization degraded themselves.
In that, I agree.

Poking a little fun at a rival is nothing compared to violating league and NHLPA rules by practicing on Christmas day.

Old
01-08-2004, 07:01 PM
ToothlessAggression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeeye
Actually, on a serious note. Why dont the Oilers ever do <i>anything</i> on their jumbotron?

But in Edmonton, about the only two things they put up are lame clips from A-Channel shows and the Kiss cam.

Is there really as little creativity in Edmonton as there is humour?

Seriously. that video was a million times more entertaining than the constant shots of Oiler fans that you guys do. "Ooh, a stoppage in play. Lets entertain the fans by panning to a shot of a dork eating a plate of nachos."

Ooooh, creative.
Or the Edmonton Oilers would rather entertain their fans with the on ice product. If they are icing a competative entertaining team every year I could care less what is on the "jumbotron".

And don't reply with "Look who is ahead in the standings". The Flames had to entertain their fans with immature humor on the "jumbotron" due to the pathetic team they have had for the most part of the last decade.

Old
01-08-2004, 07:03 PM
The Rage

For the love of God people, LET IT GO. Can't you see they enjoy your anger? I'll repeat what I said before. APATHY hurts more than anger.

Old
01-08-2004, 07:04 PM
Oilers Hockey

Hey Zoidberg, its called tit-for-tat. Do you expect us to blow you kisses and say "Oh what a nice video, please, please make another video that pisses on a city and its fans!". Flames fans can dish it out but can't take it.

And snakeeye, you could continue to showcase your obvious delusion (7 years can really mess you up, huh) but that practice was hardly considered a "classless" move. Just your typical Shames fan (I don't see why you're collectively offended by that term, especially because you call us "Greaser fans") grasping at straws to prove a moot point.

Old
01-08-2004, 07:07 PM
momentai

Man, this thread is going to be closed so quickly... Maybe we should all just cool down. Really, this isn't a big deal to get worked up over.

Old
01-08-2004, 07:08 PM
Oi'll say!

If this production was made by high school kids and shown on local cable at 3:00 a.m. it would be worth a chuckle, or on a Flame fan's website, but that's as high as it ever should have gotten.

No NHL franchise should associate itself with such bush-league material, it reflects not only on the league but the sport in general.

Can you imagine an MLB or NBA franchise supporting such classless, amateur, bunk? It's pretty bad when you have to look up to either of those leagues.

Old
01-08-2004, 07:09 PM
zoidberg

Quote:
Hey Zoidberg, its called tit-for-tat. Do you expect us to blow you kisses and say "Oh what a nice video, please, please make another video that pisses on a city and its fans!". Flames fans can dish it out but can't take it.

And snakeeye, you could continue to showcase your obvious delusion (7 years can really mess you up, huh) but that practice was hardly considered a "classless" move. Just your typical Shames fan (I don't see why you're collectively offended by that term, especially because you call us "Greaser fans") grasping at straws to prove a moot point.
Doesn't an eye for an eye make everyone blind?

Morality aside, your huffiness is still useless. I'm sure we all could think of a thousand ways to counter your adolescent fit (generated by an adolescent prank. You would think the two of you would go together!)

Check your blood pressure man. This much rage over this little of a thing just can't be healthy.

Old
01-08-2004, 07:10 PM
metallicat
@metallicat51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
If this production was made by high school kids and shown on local cable at 3:00 a.m. it would be worth a chuckle, or on a Flame fan's website, but that's as high as it ever should have gotten.

No NHL franchise should associate itself with such bush-league material, it reflects not only on the league but the sport in general.

Can you imagine an MLB or NBA franchise supporting such classless, amateur, bunk? It's pretty bad when you have to look up to either of those leagues.
Exactly, and why does it have to be posted on the Flames official website?

BTW, I have sent my email to the Flames, and I also CCd it to the Oilers reception, as you cannot send emails to anyone else.

Old
01-08-2004, 07:11 PM
metallicat
@metallicat51

Where are all these Flame fans coming from? They never offer anything to this forum, and now they are just stirring up crap.

Old
01-08-2004, 07:12 PM
Oilers Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!

I couldn't have said it any better myself. Thank God the Oilers would never do this; I would be mortified.

Old
01-08-2004, 07:14 PM
Bicycle Repairman
HFBoards Sponsor

What's really funny is that the company that produced those clips, jetstreammedia, used their Edmonton creative team.

Old
Oilers Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg

Check your blood pressure man. This much rage over this little of a thing just can't be healthy.
Well, you're right. The shock of the Flames pulling something so sick is wearing off. Maybe I overreacted. And yes, its not healthy.

I just don't understand it. Isn't the worst you hear from Edmonton fans "5 Cups"? "7 years"?

Old
zoidberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat
Where are all these Flame fans coming from? They never offer anything to this forum, and now they are just stirring up crap.
We were linked by hemskyfan himself on the NHL board. Glad to know we're welcome guests though.

Old
Lowetide

Take it to the PM's folks, and have a nice night.

Old
01-08-2004, 07:15 PM
metallicat
@metallicat51

Quote:
I couldn't have said it any better myself. Thank God the Oilers would never do this; I would be mortified.
I would be as well. And if the Oilers did that, I would be sure to let LaForge know when he goes walking around before the games. There is no way I would let the Oilers get away with pulling a stunt like this either.

The worst part of the whole video was the Salo thing. That is absolutely brutal. That is like me going up to some cross-country skier, and laughing at him/her for not doing good in the Olympis...does that make sense to do? NO.

Closed Thread