HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy/2013 Offseason Thread: Part VII: OMGZZZ SATHER DO SOMETHING

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-03-2013, 09:29 PM
  #451
Leetch3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
So what's the cap on guys like Asham powe etc if we bought them out and could we even
capgeek buyout calculator doesn't have asham listed but for powe, if we bought out his contract, it would come with a 300k cap hit and then a 383k cap hit next year (instead of just over $1 mil this year).

you'd save 766k this year, any replacement would likely make more than that so you essentially save nothing by buyout out a guy like that with a low salary.

a guy like kuba on the other hand his cap hit will drop from $4 mil to 1.2 mil

Leetch3 is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 09:29 PM
  #452
Mr Atoz*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Free Agent Frenzy/2013 Offseason Thread: Part VII: OMGZZZ SATHER DO SOMETHING


Isn't this what we all complain about?

Drury - sucked

Gomez - sucked

Redden - abomination

Gaborik - 2 good years on 5 year contract

Richards - Currently sucks

Rupp, Asham, suck(ed) to lesser degree

No top free agents. All cost more than they're worth. Limited cap space.


Yeah Sather, do something....

Mr Atoz* is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 09:34 PM
  #453
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet
 
I Eat Crow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 8,327
vCash: 500
I think the title is meant to be ironic

Just stay away from free agency.

I Eat Crow is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 09:46 PM
  #454
Josh3217
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 542
vCash: 500
Stay away from the so called "star free agents", go after the free agents that will help our bottom six. Gordon, Lapierre, Nystrom, Larose. Pouliot could also be a good option.

Josh3217 is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 09:46 PM
  #455
Leetch3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,992
vCash: 500
sorry if this has already been covered but can anyone explain to me why benoit pouliot wasn't qualified yet again? yeah he's been a huge disappointment compared to his draft status...but last year he had 8g, 20p in 34 games (projects to 19g, 48p over a full season) not too shabby for a bottom 6 guy (pretty sure he was bottom 6 atleast). and he only had a 1.8 mil cap hit.

what am i missing?

Leetch3 is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 09:51 PM
  #456
iamitter
Thornton's Hen
 
iamitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
capgeek buyout calculator doesn't have asham listed but for powe, if we bought out his contract, it would come with a 300k cap hit and then a 383k cap hit next year (instead of just over $1 mil this year).

you'd save 766k this year, any replacement would likely make more than that so you essentially save nothing by buyout out a guy like that with a low salary.

a guy like kuba on the other hand his cap hit will drop from $4 mil to 1.2 mil
If you bury him, you bury everything up to 925k. So it covers more of the cap hit and it's not two years. Much easier.

iamitter is online now  
Old
07-03-2013, 09:56 PM
  #457
Tawnos
A guy with a bass
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 16,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
sorry if this has already been covered but can anyone explain to me why benoit pouliot wasn't qualified yet again? yeah he's been a huge disappointment compared to his draft status...but last year he had 8g, 20p in 34 games (projects to 19g, 48p over a full season) not too shabby for a bottom 6 guy (pretty sure he was bottom 6 atleast). and he only had a 1.8 mil cap hit.

what am i missing?
His qualifier would've given him a raise and he was arbitration eligible. Teams can no longer walk away from arb awards under $3.5m, and the Lightning must have decided that his award was likely to be more than they were willing to pay for the player.

Tawnos is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 10:07 PM
  #458
MacTruck
Registered User
 
MacTruck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,056
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
Free Agent Frenzy/2013 Offseason Thread: Part VII: OMGZZZ SATHER DO SOMETHING


Isn't this what we all complain about?

Drury - sucked

Gomez - sucked

Redden - abomination

Gaborik - 2 good years on 5 year contract

Richards - Currently sucks

Rupp, Asham, suck(ed) to lesser degree

No top free agents. All cost more than they're worth. Limited cap space.


Yeah Sather, do something....
The title was clearly sarcastic.

MacTruck is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 10:07 PM
  #459
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads
 
Kris Chreider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC/Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 7,452
vCash: 500
Tom Gilbert or Rob Scuderi are the only free agents that really interest me. It would let us move Staal or Del Zotto for a top forward. I'd prefer Gilbert because he's great at moving the puck, but he does tend to get knocked over easily and get pinned in the zone.

Assuming we do something like Del Zotto for Coyle/Zucker, something I like:

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Zuccarello-Richards-Coyle/Zucker
Hagelin-Brassard-Callahan
Pyatt-Boyle-Dorsett

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Gilbert/Stralman
Moore-Stralman/Gilbert
Falk-Eminger


Last edited by Kris Chreider: 07-03-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Kris Chreider is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 10:09 PM
  #460
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads
 
Kris Chreider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC/Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 7,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
His qualifier would've given him a raise and he was arbitration eligible. Teams can no longer walk away from arb awards under $3.5m, and the Lightning must have decided that his award was likely to be more than they were willing to pay for the player.
A 19/48 bottom-6er would be worth an arb award no larger than 3.5M. I'd pay him 2.5M, he might get 3M from a team that missed out on Stalberg, Raymond, etc.

Kris Chreider is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 10:19 PM
  #461
slipknottin
Registered User
 
slipknottin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 3,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh3217 View Post
Stay away from the so called "star free agents", go after the free agents that will help our bottom six. Gordon, Lapierre, Nystrom, Larose. Pouliot could also be a good option.
Is their prospect system such crap that there are no young guys that can start in a bottom 6 role?

slipknottin is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 10:44 PM
  #462
Janerixon
Registered User
 
Janerixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
Tom Gilbert or Rob Scuderi are the only free agents that really interest me. It would let us move Staal or Del Zotto for a top forward. I'd prefer Gilbert because he's great at moving the puck, but he does tend to get knocked over easily and get pinned in the zone.

Assuming we do something like Del Zotto for Coyle/Zucker, something I like:

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Zuccarello-Richards-Coyle/Zucker
Hagelin-Brassard-Callahan
Pyatt-Boyle-Dorsett

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Gilbert/Stralman
Moore-Stralman/Gilbert
Falk-Eminger
I'd be interested in Scuderi, it all depends on the money and length, as he shouldn't get more than 2 years tops. Gilbert I am not as interested in, but there has been talk Sather wanted him in the past so he could realistically end up here.

Janerixon is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 10:45 PM
  #463
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 19,511
vCash: 500
Blum and Mueller are the guys I'd target. Not enamored with the idea of vets who are well past their prime.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 10:54 PM
  #464
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Blum and Mueller are the guys I'd target. Not enamored with the idea of vets who are well past their prime.
ehh the concussion issue... rather take a chance on Skille...

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 10:57 PM
  #465
Josh3217
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
Is their prospect system such crap that there are no young guys that can start in a bottom 6 role?
None that fit the role of a bottom 6 player..

Josh3217 is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 11:23 PM
  #466
Brian Boyle
ZibaneFAM
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Playing video games
Country: United States
Posts: 61,910
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh3217 View Post
None that fit the role of a bottom 6 player..
Andrew Yogan and Oscar Lindberg.

__________________
Brian Boyle is online now  
Old
07-03-2013, 11:28 PM
  #467
Jabroni
The People's Champ
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 7,285
vCash: 500
"@JohnBorukCSN: Just touched base with Briere. Still talking to a few teams and hasn't made a decision. Agreed with MTL - not true"

Jabroni is offline  
Old
07-03-2013, 11:38 PM
  #468
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 51,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Rangers and Ducks need to make a deal.. how about Matt Beleskey?


maybe something along the lines of

Del Zotto and Powe to Ducks
Sami Vatanen, Beleskey and 1st in 2014 to Rangers

No thanks. That's horrible.

darko is online now  
Old
07-03-2013, 11:43 PM
  #469
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 51,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh3217 View Post
How much will it take to get Evander Kane


I'd be willing to bet that first name they bring up is Stepan.

darko is online now  
Old
07-03-2013, 11:44 PM
  #470
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 51,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB v2 0 View Post
Carcillo hasn't been useful since 2010. Can't believe people actually want this guy.

Carcillo can go rot in hell. Do not want him.

darko is online now  
Old
07-03-2013, 11:56 PM
  #471
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet
 
I Eat Crow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 8,327
vCash: 500
The Jets are going to be a very good team this season. Same team basically and adding two highly touted prospects in Schiefele and Trouba. Trading Kane unless he asks for a trade is outright foolish.

I Eat Crow is offline  
Old
07-04-2013, 12:01 AM
  #472
Leetch3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
His qualifier would've given him a raise and he was arbitration eligible. Teams can no longer walk away from arb awards under $3.5m, and the Lightning must have decided that his award was likely to be more than they were willing to pay for the player.
so yzerman is really risking losing him for nothing to avoid potentially having to pay him a few extra 100k in arbitration on a team almost $9 mil below the cap after buying out vinny? there is nothing else? attitude problem? he doesn't kick babies in his free time? lol

seems like an awfully short sighted decision...why not just trade his rights. he's gotta be worth atleast a pick

Leetch3 is offline  
Old
07-04-2013, 12:04 AM
  #473
Brian Boyle
ZibaneFAM
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Playing video games
Country: United States
Posts: 61,910
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
The Jets are going to be a very good team this season. Same team basically and adding two highly touted prospects in Schiefele and Trouba. Trading Kane unless he asks for a trade is outright foolish.
Very good? I disagree. They have no depth at RW or at C. They'll still struggle to score goals mightily. They might make the playoffs.

Brian Boyle is online now  
Old
07-04-2013, 12:04 AM
  #474
Lerb
Registered User
 
Lerb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,371
vCash: 500
At least with this year, Glen's ability to do stupid things diminishes significantly.

Lerb is offline  
Old
07-04-2013, 12:07 AM
  #475
Raspewtin
Xanny family
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Country: France
Posts: 28,314
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
The Jets are going to be a very good team this season. Same team basically and adding two highly touted prospects in Schiefele and Trouba. Trading Kane unless he asks for a trade is outright foolish.
that's a real stretch. Schiefele will be a welcome addition but the Jets have ONE competent right winger on the whole team (Blake Wheeler). A rookie center and ANOTHER Offensive defenseman wont save them from being mediocre. Ondrej Pavelec is an absolute headcase in goal and their D is too focused on offense. They'll barely make the playoffs if at all.

Raspewtin is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.