HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

THW Column: Phoenix draft analyzed, graded

Old
07-03-2013, 01:46 PM
StevenToddIves
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
THW Column: Phoenix draft analyzed, graded

I recently completed a column analyzing the drafts of "Conference A", which of course includes Phoenix:

http://thehockeywriters.com/grading-...-conference-a/

I would love to hear what you guys think.

StevenToddIves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 02:04 PM
Dan

Respect is refreshing. I think Domi is destined for wing. But regardless, they came away with an injection of skill that was much needed. Thanks for posting this.

Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 02:15 PM
AZcoyotes33

Pretty good write up. Appreciate the opinions and analysis. I think the grading was fair for the Coyotes (B+). I myself considered it an A- but I think a little bit of bias played a part in that.

The Coyotes' need going into the draft was centers and skilled forwards. I love that they wasted no time and addressed their needs without reaching.

AZcoyotes33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 02:48 PM
StevenToddIves
HFB Partner

I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcoyotes33 View Post
Pretty good write up. Appreciate the opinions and analysis. I think the grading was fair for the Coyotes (B+). I myself considered it an A- but I think a little bit of bias played a part in that.

The Coyotes' need going into the draft was centers and skilled forwards. I love that they wasted no time and addressed their needs without reaching.
...and you folks are going to be far nicer to me than the Sharks fans.

Old
07-03-2013, 03:42 PM
_Del_

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenToddIves View Post
...and you folks are going to be far nicer to me than the Sharks fans.
Well, you didn't call the Phoenix draft "a complete an(sic) utter abomination" either, so...

_Del_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 04:42 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Good read! Personally I do think Domi is a can't miss player and his size is actually an attribute. The kid is an offensive genius yet built like a fire hydrant!

It's actually Dauphin's size that has me worried, he'd blow away in a breeze! He's young though and with some good weight training he can hopefully add some useful poundage and if he does, I think you're right that he'll end up a 2nd round steal.

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 04:59 PM
XX
... Waiting

Dauphin is Knickle's first signature pick is he not? Martinook was an 'out there' pick but I don't remember us trading up for him like Dauphin. Curious to see how he turns out. Will be a few years, as he was a rookie in the Q last year. Raw.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 05:45 PM
StevenToddIves
HFB Partner

Gonna have to fix that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Del_ View Post
Well, you didn't call the Phoenix draft "a complete an(sic) utter abomination" either, so...
I can't believe I spelled "and" wrong.

Thanks for reading, though.

Old
07-03-2013, 06:09 PM
_Del_

vCash: 50
It was a good read. I'm glad you posted it. I always like reading different takes on drafts.

I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it as much as Shark's fan, though As a fan, even when the org does something incredibly foolish and you are angry, you still want to find that silver lining or someway to justify it. "It might not be as bad IF...", "Maybe they really liked him and heard someone else was going to take a flyer on Mueller before our pick..." You pulled the rug out from under them and their entire draft a "F". haha

_Del_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 12:05 AM
StevenToddIves
HFB Partner

Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Del_ View Post
It was a good read. I'm glad you posted it. I always like reading different takes on drafts.

I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it as much as Shark's fan, though As a fan, even when the org does something incredibly foolish and you are angry, you still want to find that silver lining or someway to justify it. "It might not be as bad IF...", "Maybe they really liked him and heard someone else was going to take a flyer on Mueller before our pick..." You pulled the rug out from under them and their entire draft a "F". haha
You can always find my stuff on thehockeywriters.com and you can follow my Twitter feed: @StIves72