HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs trade Danny Kristo to NYR for Christian Thomas

Closed Thread

Old
07-04-2013, 12:21 AM
Whitesnake
Mediocre Stability

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Whitesnake. i never used the word dominate. You did. i responded to your initial post where you said there is a chance that Kristo can dominate. I said I don't know why you would expect him to dominate when he hasn't till now. He scored 26 goals as a 22 year old in the NCAA. That's not dominating. Crosby dominated. Stamkos. Shea Weber. Hell Locke dominated the O. Kristo scoring 26 goals in his final college year is not dominating - especially when he plays 9 games in the A and does squat.

As for those other players

Thomas was 20, Hudon & Vail were 19. Kristo was 22. Is presently 23 and if he goes for a stint in the A will be 24 if & when he makes it to the NHL.

I'd be very surprised if he plays more than 20 games in the NHL this year.
Was amongst the Hobey Baker finalists. Has to be considered dominating. And then it's not solely a question of stats, I saw him play often this year and the year before, and OFTEN his overall play was dominating. Didn't mind the pshysicality of the game. Was passing well for people who keeps saying he has a low IQ, this is not true. Anyway, enough with him, he's not ours anymore.

Old
07-04-2013, 12:22 AM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Funny, Sather was just raving about the trade on NHL radio today. Saying they wanted a player with more size, grit and character than what they had, so giving up Thomas was a no brainer for a player like Kristo. So it looks like NY did their homework on Kristo, or they just really disliked Thomas... I guess we will all find out soon.
Kristo with more "grit and character"?

I'm not overly familiar with Thomas, but unless he did something really sketchy behind the scenes, I'm not sure how the "frost-bite freshman" becomes a "character upgrade"?

Wouldn't put much credit into what Sather (or most GM's for that matter) says about the deal. The average fan, especially in US markets, has an even more superficial knowledge of players outside of the actual NHL roster than hfboards on a bad day.

Old
07-04-2013, 12:39 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post

I'm not overly familiar with Thomas, but unless he did something really sketchy behind the scenes, I'm not sure how the "frost-bite freshman" becomes a "character upgrade"?

Wouldn't put much credit into what Sather (or most GM's for that matter) says about the deal. The average fan, especially in US markets, has an even more superficial knowledge of players outside of the actual NHL roster than hfboards on a bad day.
Yup, he gave a parting jab to Thomas, for sure...

Old
07-04-2013, 12:48 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
well, gotta hope that the jab is more sather being sather, than it is deserved.

cuz if Thomas actually does have character issues, doesn't bode well for MB's whole approach/judgment on this one, and perhaps beyond...

Old
07-04-2013, 01:28 AM
25get

Quote:

On the ice, Kristo was showing character.

Problem may have been off ice.

Old
07-04-2013, 08:19 AM
NJHABSFAN

Watched Kristo the last two years I have DTV and every Friday night the ND games were on. I trust scouts they obviously know. More about him then I do.

Old
07-04-2013, 08:25 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:

cuz if Thomas actually does have character issues, doesn't bode well for MB's whole approach/judgment on this one, and perhaps beyond...
Marc Bergevin played with Steve Thomas from 1987-1988. I bet that has something to do with this...

Old
07-04-2013, 08:27 AM
Whitesnake
Mediocre Stability

I will miss Kristo's stick tapping.....

By the way, I've seen him play a lot and on the ice, he is a dynamic player. Involves himself in every situation, isn't afraid of being physical. Extremely swift skater, good passer, honestly this kid is a really good offensive machine and on top of that....learned to backcheck as his career progressed. So he does have character and grit on the ice. Not your typical 3rd line grit guy....but is not a glider either. Likes to be involved. Good catch by the Rangers to say the least. But compared to the other deal we made with them, we are not getting Michael Busto.

Old
07-04-2013, 08:55 AM
Gainesvillain

Quote:
Funny, Sather was just raving about the trade on NHL radio today. Saying they wanted a player with more size, grit and character...
Why trade for Kristo then? Case of mistaken identity?

Old
07-04-2013, 09:00 AM
Treb

vCash: 867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gainesvillain View Post
2 inches more makes all the difference

Old
07-04-2013, 09:15 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Thomas = Gallagher II

Kristo = Leblanc II

Old
07-04-2013, 09:18 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gainesvillain View Post
Not sure why Sather seemed so thrilled to be rid of Thomas.

Old
07-04-2013, 09:28 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Thomas = Gallagher II

Kristo = Leblanc II
Wish I was that confident.

Old
07-04-2013, 09:36 AM
WaltWhitman

I heard this Kristo guy mixed up his there's and their's in a twitter post....

If true, it sounds like you guys really dodged a bullet on this one.

btw, I can't believe the Hawks didn't get rid of Patrick Kane after his drunken antics.
Stanley Cups are nice and all, but what's the point if your players make grammar mistakes on Twitter and like to party??????

Old
07-04-2013, 09:50 AM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Just like our GM gave a parting shot to Kristo. Maybe both players needed a change.

Old
07-04-2013, 09:56 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Not sure why Sather seemed so thrilled to be rid of Thomas.
Sather was using the pre-emptive strike against those that would question Kristo on the basis of character.

He's a piss tank, but people won't talk about it if you give the impression you wanted him more than the other guy.

Old
07-04-2013, 10:51 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Sather was using the pre-emptive strike against those that would question Kristo on the basis of character.

He's a piss tank, but people won't talk about it if you give the impression you wanted him more than the other guy.
You know Sather wanted to say "Habs, the gift that just keeps on giving" but he knows there's more milk to come from that cow.

Old
07-04-2013, 11:13 AM
Tyson

Never a fan of Kristo's. he was drafted at 180 pounds and in four full years of growing he did not gain any significant weight. Habs signed him to get a return. I am glad he has been moved. That kid Thomas seems to have some character and impressive skills. Good job MB

Old
07-04-2013, 11:24 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Funny, Sather was just raving about the trade on NHL radio today. Saying they wanted a player with more size, grit and character than what they had, so giving up Thomas was a no brainer for a player like Kristo. So it looks like NY did their homework on Kristo, or they just really disliked Thomas... I guess we will all find out soon.
No but Kristo partied hard, he obviously has character issues that cannot be fixed!
Thomas on the other hand has super awesome nhl dad, so he cannot possibly have any character issues ever and since his dad was in the NHL, means Thomas is a lock. you know, science.

Old
07-04-2013, 02:45 PM
BrimStone64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
Lineups change my friend.....you can't seriously expect Dd and Gionta to be here for much longer. Gallagher was an NHL rookie so you couldn't expect him to have a fantastic playoff..... that said, are you saying he wasn't effective versus Ottawa? One of our better forwards? But..he's 5-8..how can that be? Pageau played well against us and is 5-9..how can that be? A 5-9 guy won the Conn Smythe..again..how is that possible? Who were perhaps our best players in our last long playoff run? Cammy and Gionta...hmmm.

Check out Detroit's roster over the past five years for one. It may shock you how many players were under 6-0, even on their Cup winner.
Rafalski
Maltby
Draper
Helm
Lebda
Zetterberg
Datsyuk
Hudler

Eight players under 6-0. Again - how can this be????? Simple answer - because a player's height means jack squat!!!!
Can't talk like that. Habs get burnt if they followed such thinking. Detroit has best coach in league and 3-4 future Hall of Famers how they got more mileage out of small roster. Montreal nearly impossible to find their equals in skill.

Old
07-04-2013, 02:47 PM
Whitesnake
Mediocre Stability

Quote:
Thomas = Gallagher II

Kristo = Leblanc II
Kristo has a much higher offensive upside than Leblanc.

Old
07-04-2013, 03:10 PM
Team_Spirit
#FireBergevin

Kristo is a sick player, you guys are in denial.

Old
07-04-2013, 04:00 PM
campmolson19

Here's the deal, the Habs want to sign mark Zangerle out of Wisconsin, he's a much better player than Kristo. Z hates Kristo and told management he'd sign if they trade Kristo. I'd be amazed if this is true, considering this was discussed over a few pops. It's wait and see now.

Old
07-04-2013, 04:03 PM
HCH

Quote:

Seems like you are reading a lot into this. Sather likes to shoot his mouth off while Bergevin plays his cards closer to his vest. I don't see anything more in it than that.

Old
07-04-2013, 04:05 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Kristo is a sick player, you guys are in denial.
But if he isn't a team player the point is moot.

Closed Thread