HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Part VIII: Post-Draft, Rumors, Speculation, Free Agency Opens Friday (July 5)

Closed Thread

Old
07-04-2013, 09:21 AM
TheDrizzle81

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB View Post
So we have one better wing (Voracek) than Simmonds. If we try to get our wing better and bigger why you would trade Simmonds?

We have centers (G-Leca-Schenn-Couturier-Laughton-Cousins) in that order. Why you wouldn´t trade your 4th center to get number one winger? I cant get that.
We don't have to trade anyone. I'm sick of these trades for trades sake.

#1. You can scratch Schenn of the list of centers. It's all but confirmed he's playing wing with Lecavalier.

#2. If we are "upgrading" at wing and the cost starts with Simmonds and ends with Kane you are stupid not to. Hartnell-G-Voracek and Schenn-Lecavalier-Kane in any order is stupid good and you still have Read,Couturier,Laughton, to fill out with.

#3 We don't have to trade. Especially for a big return. The forwards are fine as is. See how we look this year and assess. Salary room would be nice but with Pronger going on LTIR and Mezaros we will be ok.

#4 Simmonds is replaceable. From within. Let Schenn play wing I bet he's more consistent production wise, and he's got a mean streak to cause havoc along the boards and in front. I wouldn't miss Simmonds' inconsistency, but I do like what he brings.

#5 We don't NEED Kane. Voracek broke out, let's see if he is for real. He most likely is this number one winger we supposedly "need". Lets show confidence just one time in someone. A top 6 of Hartnell Giroux Voracek Schenn Lecavalier Simmonds or Read is fully capable to give teams fits. Patience.

#6 This isn't NHL 13. Kane<Couturier. I don't care if Kane can score 100 goals. In time what Couturier will do will put weigh Kane. Couturier will eat players like him for breakfast. He's already got Malkins number and he isn't old enough to drink. That is more valuable than Kane's one dimensional offensive game. If we can get Kane for cheap (Read+Cousins+2-4rd 2014 and 2015 1st) I'm for it. We aren't in the position of need. No need to sell the farm for a player like Kane.

Old
07-04-2013, 09:22 AM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

So when Danny b signs his 1 yr contract for next season, do we bring him back?

Old
07-04-2013, 09:24 AM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
Double post or did I just see the future?

Old
07-04-2013, 09:25 AM
healthyscratch

Quote:
Johnny Two Times? That you?

Old
07-04-2013, 09:29 AM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
Johnny Two Times? That you?
Pretty sure I saw the future. Someone is gonna bring up a deadline trade and I believe you ***** slap them to reality with the rule they can't require a buyout for a year. I think someone suggests he be a scout. Book it. e5

Old
07-04-2013, 09:30 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
no, we move on from him

Old
07-04-2013, 09:37 AM
3Fs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post

#1. You can scratch Schenn of the list of centers. It's all but confirmed he's playing wing with Lecavalier.

#2. If we are "upgrading" at wing and the cost starts with Simmonds and ends with Kane you are stupid not to. Hartnell-G-Voracek and Schenn-Lecavalier-Kane in any order is stupid good and you still have Read,Couturier,Laughton, to fill out with.

#3 We don't have to trade. Especially for a big return. The forwards are fine as is. See how we look this year and assess. Salary room would be nice but with Pronger going on LTIR and Mezaros we will be ok.

#4 Simmonds is replaceable. From within. Let Schenn play wing I bet he's more consistent production wise, and he's got a mean streak to cause havoc along the boards and in front. I wouldn't miss Simmonds' inconsistency, but I do like what he brings.

#5 We don't NEED Kane. Voracek broke out, let's see if he is for real. He most likely is this number one winger we supposedly "need". Lets show confidence just one time in someone. A top 6 of Hartnell Giroux Voracek Schenn Lecavalier Simmonds or Read is fully capable to give teams fits. Patience.

#6 This isn't NHL 13. Kane<Couturier. I don't care if Kane can score 100 goals. In time what Couturier will do will put weigh Kane. Couturier will eat players like him for breakfast. He's already got Malkins number and he isn't old enough to drink. That is more valuable than Kane's one dimensional offensive game. If we can get Kane for cheap (Read+Cousins+2-4rd 2014 and 2015 1st) I'm for it. We aren't in the position of need. No need to sell the farm for a player like Kane.

Kane is listed as a left winger so if we bringing him here, I would think Simmonds would be safe since he is listed a right winger. Just sayin is all.

Old
07-04-2013, 09:42 AM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Fs View Post
Kane is listed as a left winger so if we bringing him here, I would think Simmonds would be safe since he is listed a right winger. Just sayin is all.
Well yeah. I'm just arguing against moving Coots for him. And we don't need Kane.

Old
07-04-2013, 09:47 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
Anyone else waiting for Briere to not sign with Montreal?

Again?

Les Hobbitants not getting the hobbit?

Again?

After missing out on Lecavalier?

That'd be so awesome.

I wouldn't risk it, but the only thing more awesome is if we let Giroux get to RFA, they sent him a huge offersheet, and he told them to go away.

It won't come to that I know, but our favorite franchise of fanatic meltdowns is at it again.

Old
07-04-2013, 09:54 AM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post

Simmonds is not replaceable - not by Schenn at this point - maybe some day but I wouldn't count on Schenn suddenly becoming the player Simmonds is in October. Why would you want to hold on to all these centers and trade a winger for a winger when you state we don't even need Kane.

The area of need is defense and goalie. If anything should happen it should be a center for defense or a combination of center/role player/pick for defenseman/goalie.

That's how I see it at least.

Old
07-04-2013, 09:54 AM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
Please NO to Kane !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now for Bogo, I would trade any roster player other than G in a heartbeat. He is going to be a stud in the NHL. So crazy that Jets haven't locked him up yet.

Old
07-04-2013, 10:01 AM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

Quote:
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 36s
Unlikely Paul Ranger decides to return to the NHL before tomorrow, but he hasn't rule out returning. So many teams will be interested...
man, that'd be nice

Old
07-04-2013, 10:04 AM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert B Frobe View Post
Simmonds is not replaceable - not by Schenn at this point - maybe some day but I wouldn't count on Schenn suddenly becoming the player Simmonds is in October. Why would you want to hold on to all these centers and trade a winger for a winger when you state we don't even need Kane.

The area of need is defense and goalie. If anything should happen it should be a center for defense or a combination of center/role player/pick for defenseman/goalie.

That's how I see it at least.
Never said we should trade Simmonds for Kane. I said if that's the deal do it. And that making such a trade doesn't hurt the team. Coots for Kane is plain stupid. Stupid. On any level. I'm happy with the team.

Old
07-04-2013, 10:07 AM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
man, that'd be nice
Didn't he play in Tampa when they won the cup? If so, maybe Vinny could convince him to come to Philly.

Old
07-04-2013, 10:20 AM
Stizzle

Quote:
No. Move on, please.

Old
07-04-2013, 10:25 AM
healthyscratch

Emery still an option? I'm in.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 45s

Action on Ray Emery. Philly, Isles and Oilers believed to be chasing. Hawks also in discussions to re-sign Emery. Good to have options.#TSN

Old
07-04-2013, 10:28 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

no to Paul Ranger. right now we have 9 defenseman on the pro roster. right now Gus is on the outside of the top 6. i would rather dump Mez for a mid level pick, and give Gus his slot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
Emery still an option? I'm in.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 45s

Action on Ray Emery. Philly, Isles and Oilers believed to be chasing. Hawks also in discussions to re-sign Emery. Good to have options.#TSN
I am in as well if Emery signs a 2 year deal. I would be kind of leery of anything longer then that considering his injury risk.

Old
07-04-2013, 10:31 AM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
no to Paul Ranger. right now we have 9 defenseman on the pro roster. right now Gus is on the outside of the top 6. i would rather dump Mez for a mid level pick, and give Gus his slot.
I would only bring him in if coburn, grossmann or Mez are moved. Or even two of those three

Timonen-schenn
Streit-grossmann/coburn
Gus-ranger

Old
07-04-2013, 10:36 AM
Esq.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
Didn't he play in Tampa when they won the cup? If so, maybe Vinny could convince him to come to Philly.
No, Ranger didn't make the NHL until 2005-06. He was not part of the Lightning's Cup roster. That doesn't mean he doesn't know Vinny, but he didn't win a Cup.

Also, does it bother anybody else that we only have 1 RHD on our team (Schenn)? Timonen, Streit, Coburn, Grossmann, Gustafsson all play the left side. Meszaros is a leftie, but prefers to play the right side.

Old
07-04-2013, 10:38 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
I would only bring him in if coburn, grossmann or Mez are moved. Or even two of those three

Timonen-schenn
Streit-grossmann/coburn
Gus-ranger
still dont like it. if both Coburn and Mez are dealt I would rather bring in Ference.

Old
07-04-2013, 10:38 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
No, Ranger didn't make the NHL until 2005-06. He was not part of the Lightning's Cup roster. That doesn't mean he doesn't know Vinny, but he didn't win a Cup.
I'm going to assume he knows Lecavalier since they were teammates from 2005-2010

Old
07-04-2013, 10:41 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

I like Danny, I think he's a real good guy, but I don't want to see him on this team again.

Lecavalier >>>>>> Briere

A crab playing the wing >>>> Briere playing the wing.

Old
07-04-2013, 10:41 AM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Mentioning Briere made me think. He's probably going to be coming back at some point to have a job in the organization, right? Well how about they get him to open a bed and breakfast and just send all the new players to live with him for the first year or so. Worked well for Giroux and Couturier so why stop? Must be magic scrambled eggs...

Old
07-04-2013, 10:42 AM
GingerFetish

Send a message via Skype™ to GingerFetish
So is it Emery or Thomas?!

Old
07-04-2013, 10:43 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerFetish View Post
So is it Emery or Thomas?!
Pretty much guaranteed that emery is resigning with the hawks.

Closed Thread