HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

2013 CHL Import Draft

Old
07-04-2013, 03:35 AM
HC Bienne
@llopesso19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
The most important thing are development fees

Have a look at international player tranfers in football, hockey and basketball.

1) FIFA and FIBA ban international transfers of players under 18 yrs (exceptions if family moved or the player leaves country to study). IIHF does not ban international transfers of players under 18 yrs. Club can ban tranfer if the player has pro-contract. I would like to ask you how many players U18 have such pro-contract in Finland. Majority of U18 players, or almost nobody? If almost nobody, how can clubs keep their top prospects? I have no problem if euro players go to CHL (or slovaks/czechs to SHL/SM-Liiga) at the age of 16... I have problem if they go for free.

http://www.iihf.com/fileadmin/user_u...s_20130204.pdf

2) FIFA and FIBA have mechanism of developing fee which must pay new club of a player to his former club... and this is paid if a player is/is not under contract. If a player is under contract, his club can ask transfer fee as well (in NBA case part of transfer fee is paid by player as I wrote earlier). In hockey there is not "development fee" if a player transfers from lets say Europe to CHL or SM-Liiga to KHL/SHL...
GM from Swiss club EHC Biel says he doesn't have how to stop Ehlers from coming to Halifax. But we are talking about a free country....

HC Bienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 03:58 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Portland has the money and can use it. Halifax not so much. They do have pull though and money.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 06:59 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Well it has been reported on several Danish news sites that Ehlers will be going to Halifax He mentions that it will increase his stock for the 2014 Draft. And that he has known for a while that Halifax were going to use their 1st pick on him.

Last edited by ImGoingNucks: 07-04-2013 at 11:37 AM.
ImGoingNucks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 08:31 AM
Bank

Does anybody have any info on Edmontons plans for Mads Eller? How are they looking up front? Is there room for him?

Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 09:05 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

Only the most talented juniors in Finland have pro contracts at under 18. That still won't stop them going to CHL if they want to go, clubs don't want to interfere with kid's dreams. They want to keep good relations with the player if he were to return. Not that many Finns go to CHL anyway and usually it's the type of players that would benefit from CHL more than playing in Finland (big, physical player or SM-Liiga team is stacked and player would be forced to play in A- or B-juniors).

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 09:38 AM
oilpen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImGoingNucks View Post
Well it has been reported on several Danish news sites that Ehlers will be going to Halifax He mentions that it will increase his stock for the 2014 Draft. And that he has know for a while that Halifax were going to use their 1st pick on him.
That's great news for Moose fans! I've heard some folks say that he's a potential first round pick next year.

oilpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 10:04 AM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman 7m
Swedish Federation says all U18s players who leave for North America won't be allowed to play for National Teams.

http://www.hockeysverige.se/article/...ndslagsplatsen

vsk92 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 10:28 AM
Belenos

Biel coach Kevin Schläpfer confirmed Ehlers will leave Biel and join Halifax. What a pity, would have loved to see him one year more in Switzerland.

Belenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 10:28 AM
krax

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk92 View Post
Swedish Federation says all U18s players who leave for North America won't be allowed to play for National Teams.

Interesting.
Is that also valid for the senior team? If not, seems unfair/stupid to me.

krax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 10:32 AM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by krax View Post
Interesting.
seems unfair/stupid to me.
More unfair than CHL banning foreign goalies from now on? Respective federations just try to do what's best for their respective programmes. Whether we agree with these policies and whether they will hellp them in a long term is a different question.

ozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 10:57 AM
joe89

This is an interesting story: http://mrmadhawk.se/2013/july/andre-...d-windsor.html

Burakovsky had a deal in place with Windsor, but Erie ended up taking him much like they took Dansk last year(who had a deal in place with some other team too). Now it doesn't sounds like he'll go the CHL route, he wants to play for a good team.

Seems like too much of a coincidence Erie has done it two years in a row with Swedish players, although it is fully within their rights to draft whoever they choose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krax View Post
Interesting.
Is that also valid for the senior team? If not, seems unfair/stupid to me.
Only from the U18 National team.

joe89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 12:42 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk92 View Post

Only for one year and U-18 national team.

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 12:18 AM
Trav

Bukarts agent says his client will likely be in Brandon this fall though the transfer isn't a done deal just yet.

Got this from the Brandon Sun.

The WHL’s Brandon Wheat Kings looked to Latvia to use their highest pick ever in Wednesday’s CHL Import Draft.
Brandon selected left-winger Rihards Bukarts seventh overall, picking up the CHL rights to a talented player who has played on Latvia’s under-18 and world junior teams and doesn’t turn 18 until Dec. 31.
"He’s competitive, high skill, good skater and he’s had good experience ... and I think he is going to be a good fit with our team," Wheat Kings general manager Kelly McCrimmon said.
As always in the Import Draft, ability is one thing, availability is another. However, McCrimmon has spoken with Bukarts representatives with Newport Sports Management and is "optimistic" that he will be able to secure an international transfer for Bukarts and bring him to Brandon.
"Well, that’s the next step in the process," McCrimmon said. "We are optimistic that he will be available and here for training camp, and yet, it’s too early to confirm that. But that’s something that we’ll start working on here shortly."
A native of Jurmala, Latvia, the 5-foot-10, 185-pound Bukarts was selected ninth overall in the 2012 Kontinental Hockey League’s Junior Draft by Dinamo Riga to become the highest Latvian ever picked in KHL history. Bukarts scored 18 goals and notched 35 points in 62 games last season with HK Riga, essentially the KHL’s junior league, and added a goal and an assist in six games at the world juniors.
Bukarts is eligible for the 2014 NHL draft and was ranked high on McCrimmon’s list.
"We had four or five guys that were players that we were considering and we had identified this player early on as a player that we thought would be a good fit for our organization in terms of what he brings to the table," McCrimmon said. "We had the opportunity to talk to a lot of people that have watched him play. I have a great deal of respect for (agent) Craig Oster’s opinion. He has seen him many times himself and again, because he has played in some of the more high profile events, accessing opinions on the player was something that we were able to do and comfortable with the reports that we had."
Oster is confident Brandon will be able to secure a release for his client.
"My expectation is that he is going to be playing there (in Brandon) next year," Oster said. "My understanding is that he does have a junior contract in Latvia, but I’ve been assured that it shouldn’t be an issue in terms of getting his release."
At seventh overall, Bukarts is the highest import player ever picked by Brandon, joining the likes of Norwegian defenceman Ole-Kristian Tollefsen (ninth overall in 2002), Finnish forward Sami Sandell (10th overall in 2004), Czech centre Jakub Sindel (13th overall in 2004) and Finnish sniper Toni Rajala (14th overall in 2009), who all become solid contributors.
If the Wheat Kings are able to secure Bukarts’ transfer, he will join returning 19-year-old Czech forward Richard Nejezchleb to fill the Wheat Kings’ two imports spots.

Trav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 12:50 PM
Brock

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2013...ft-review.html

Import Draft Review from an OHL perspective, complete with scouting reports and expectations for nearly every player.

Old
07-08-2013, 12:56 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post

Import Draft Review from an OHL perspective, complete with scouting reports and expectations for nearly every player.
You should edit the part de la Rose being iffy on reporting, he made it clear last week that he wants to play in Windsor this season, it's only a matter of being able to get out of his Leksands contract for 2013-14.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 02:41 AM
alko

Quote:

"Our anonymous Euro scout" ... Hm, who is that?

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 03:05 AM
ZKass The Bass

Anton Cederholm confirmed he will indeed be joining the Winterhawks of the WHL next season. The Swedish defenseman said Tuesday "I like the city(Vancouver) a lot" the Swede, who spent last season with Rogle of the SEL did well for a man his age. He really hopes to play in Vancouver as a professinal hockey player.

ZKass The Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 08:18 AM
Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by alko View Post
"Our anonymous Euro scout" ... Hm, who is that?
If I told you, I'd have to kill you.

Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 08:19 AM
Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
You should edit the part de la Rose being iffy on reporting, he made it clear last week that he wants to play in Windsor this season, it's only a matter of being able to get out of his Leksands contract for 2013-14.
Thanks, changed the wording around a bit. Also edited Burakovsky.

Old
07-09-2013, 11:25 AM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKass The Bass View Post
Anton Cederholm confirmed he will indeed be joining the Winterhawks of the WHL next season. The Swedish defenseman said Tuesday "I like the city(Vancouver) a lot" the Swede, who spent last season with Rogle of the SEL did well for a man his age. He really hopes to play in Vancouver as a professinal hockey player.
Sounds like someone needs to look at a map... unless he's talking about Vancouver, Washington.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 11:33 AM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
Sounds like someone needs to look at a map... unless he's talking about Vancouver, Washington.
In the video he was asked about the city of Vancouver and then a follow up question was made about him being drafted to Portland (where he confirmed he's coming)...confusing post by zkass there for sure.

Cederholm is a lot bigger than I expected, he looks absolutely massive and shredded too.

If he has any sort of mean streak, I fear for some of the smaller kids in the WHL next year.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 09:11 AM
Brock

Quote:

The link has been updated with more information on the Russian players selected. Now every player has a scouting report.

Old
07-11-2013, 10:24 AM
Jacko95

Really surprised Tuomie didn't get drafted, otherwise could be that he wants to go the NCAA route (really hope so, as it would help his small frame) and is IMO the perfect way for German players, as they get the time to develop slowly

Jacko95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 10:30 AM
Jacko95

According to local news, Maximilian Kammerer will report to the Regina Pats and already come over this summer.
Whill have lots of time to adjust before getting drafted in 2015. I think Regina got a real "steal" with him in the 2nd round and 3 years of him playing for them.

Jacko95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 10:34 AM
krax

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
More unfair than CHL banning foreign goalies from now on? Respective federations just try to do what's best for their respective programmes. Whether we agree with these policies and whether they will hellp them in a long term is a different question.
If a prospect and his surrounding think it would be beneficial for his development to play overseas, I don't like the idea of a federation banning him from the national team. It's a "fit the mold or quit" philosophy. Is he good enough to play for the national team? That's all that should count.

krax is offline   Reply With Quote