HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: 23/10/06 Buffalo @ Montreal 7PM EST RDS

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-23-2006, 08:36 PM
  #626
Habs_Apostle
Registered User
 
Habs_Apostle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neopreneur View Post
No shame at all.

It was a good game and the better team won tonight.

We'll get you next time though, I guarantee it
Niinima? Is that you?

Habs_Apostle is offline  
Old
10-23-2006, 08:37 PM
  #627
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
I've seen a few of Dallas' game via center ice and Ribs is pretty much playing as he used to with more speed, only now he's getting the recognition for it. I'm convinced that this will be his most productive season.
But he's also getting usually more PP time than even strength, so it's pretty easy not to be blame for anything and building some points. Ribs deserved though to have at least try to play with Kovy, who openly said he liked playing with him......He looked better in preseason but then he'll finish his development with another team.....

But let's judge on a whole season instead of only the beginning. But I won't be surprised either to see him having his best year....

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
10-23-2006, 08:37 PM
  #628
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Connecticut
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,840
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
I've seen a few of Dallas' game via center ice and Ribs is pretty much playing as he used to with more speed, only now he's getting the recognition for it. I'm convinced that this will be his most productive season.
Please Mike Ribero is a drowned rat.... look at me..I'm in agony!!!

He was a disgrace to the uniform, even if he gets 100 points, I am glad he's gone!

More harmony in the dressing room.

I don't miss him at all!

nyhabsfan is offline  
Old
10-23-2006, 08:37 PM
  #629
LesHabsRock
Registered User
 
LesHabsRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,915
vCash: 500
Ok, here is the deal...I'm pissed right now, since we actually played a very good game, but same result against this team. Buffalo is very opportunistic and makes good on their chances. If I'm Montreal, I now take my aggression out on Boston next game and spank em 8-1. Let's consider all the teams we play now between our next meeting with Buffalo practice and let's pound everyone. With the way we played tonight we beat most teams in the league. Against Boston our next game, I expect to win handily, by at least 3 goals.

LesHabsRock is offline  
Old
10-23-2006, 08:38 PM
  #630
!nkubus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Laval, QC
Posts: 870
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennywebster View Post
If I was samsonov tonight .. I ask Gainey to tell every 29 others teams .. with the word : "trade me right ****in' now"
Anybody thought it might be because he was hurt or something? He did play well tonight so there is another reason than his performace....

on another note How many turnovers will Rivet create by shoting when there is a player in front of him? Willhe ever learn ?

!nkubus is offline  
Old
10-23-2006, 08:38 PM
  #631
Clock
Moderator
 
Clock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 19,924
vCash: 500
Well played, Habs.

I'm definitely going to be looking forward to facing off against your guys for the rest of the home games in Buffalo - those last three minutes were very, very intense. The score doesn't reflect how close the game was.

Clock is offline  
Old
10-23-2006, 08:39 PM
  #632
BobbyFischer*
 
BobbyFischer*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rew190 View Post
Well played, Habs.

I'm definitely going to be looking forward to facing off against your guys for the rest of the home games in Buffalo - those last three minutes were very, very intense. The score doesn't reflect how close the game was.
GTFO NOOB

BobbyFischer* is offline  
Old
10-23-2006, 08:39 PM
  #633
lennywebster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 307
vCash: 500
I still think samsonov can be one of our best forwards if he play with a good center for his style .. he's not a player like crosby ovechkin thorton who need nobody to be good .. there's so much space between samsonov and kovalev on the ice .. Play kovalev C .. the pass will be short and it'll created much more punch to the line.

lennywebster is offline  
Old
10-23-2006, 08:39 PM
  #634
zx81
Registered User
 
zx81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,452
vCash: 500
BUF is a good team but calm down.

"Real" score tonight was 2-1.
It was a pretty close game.

I think you have to adjust your strategies when you play the Sabres. You have to work down low and forget the damn point shots. They will be blocked. Pass the puck or throw it along the boards.

zx81 is offline  
Old
10-23-2006, 08:40 PM
  #635
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg
 
Souffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Le Creuset
Country: France
Posts: 3,484
vCash: 500
This Buffalo team is something special. Their only potential weakness is their defence (which the Habs did a good job pressuring and softening up, to the eventual benefit of some other team, unfortunately), but their forwards are so disciplined and committed to Ruff's system that it hardly shows.

The Habs played well, except for some key mistakes. Still, the team has been able to skate with the best team hands down in the NHL. Unless Buffalo comes down to earth, 1st in the division looks like it's out of the question. But it's a long season, and the Habs are so far proving to be a solid team in every respect.

Souffle is offline  
Old
10-23-2006, 08:41 PM
  #636
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
Please Mike Ribero is a drowned rat.... look at me..I'm in agony!!!

He was a disgrace to the uniform, even if he gets 100 points, I am glad he's gone!

More harmony in the dressing room.

I don't miss him at all!
How was he a disgrace to the uniform? The guy played with passion every night...sure it didn't always show up on the boards but he still tried...

As long as a player is willing to play his heart out for us, I'll take him on this team...When you have guys like Kovalev, Bonk and Samsonov, those are players who I think are Disgraces to the uniform. I don't care what the skillset is, I'll always take a player who plays night in night out over a player who has "Kovalev skill"...That's the difference between the buffalo sabres and most other teams.

Shabutie is offline  
Old
10-23-2006, 08:41 PM
  #637
phil666
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 358
vCash: 500
Was Theo playing tonight?

phil666 is offline  
Old
10-23-2006, 08:41 PM
  #638
Habs_Apostle
Registered User
 
Habs_Apostle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
Ok, here is the deal...I'm pissed right now, since we actually played a very good game, but same result against this team. Buffalo is very opportunistic and makes good on their chances. If I'm Montreal, I now take my aggression out on Boston next game and spank em 8-1. Let's consider all the teams we play now between our next meeting with Buffalo practice and let's pound everyone. With the way we played tonight we beat most teams in the league. Against Boston our next game, I expect to win handily, by at least 3 goals.
You go gf!

Habs_Apostle is offline  
Old
10-23-2006, 08:43 PM
  #639
GeorgiaSabre
Registered User
 
GeorgiaSabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Athens, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Now that the game is over, I can safely say that this Buffalo team is probably the best assembled NHL hockey team i've ever seen.. ever. I don't think they will ever lose a game this year.. they completely dominated us tonight guys.. we couldnt do ANYTHING, they're too damn good, it's unreal.
I thought that about Ottawa at this time last year. We all know what happened with them.

I hope the Sabres can save some of this for when the games actually count.

GeorgiaSabre is offline  
Old
10-23-2006, 08:43 PM
  #640
BobbyFischer*
 
BobbyFischer*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
BUF is a good team but calm down.

"Real" score tonight was 2-1.
It was a pretty close game.

I think you have to adjust your strategies when you play the Sabres. You have to work down low and forget the damn point shots. They will be blocked. Pass the puck or throw it along the boards.
WRONG.

BUFFALO TOTALLY DOMINATED AND OUTPLAYED US

THEY ARE THE BEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE.. MAYBE THE BEST TEAM IN THE LAST DECADE.. THEY ARE PERFECT.

THEY CANT BE BEAT, DONT U GET IT?

BobbyFischer* is offline  
Old
10-23-2006, 08:43 PM
  #641
GoodKiwi
Registered User
 
GoodKiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Georgia
Posts: 9,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
GTFO NOOB
Actually, it is you that is due.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer
3. If buffalo wins tonight I will stop posting on hfboards FOREVER. Thats how sure I am that the habs will win.. because the habs = the truth

GoodKiwi is online now  
Old
10-23-2006, 08:45 PM
  #642
Pascal
Registered User
 
Pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
We didn't deserve to win tonight, period. I ain't mad at all.

Give credit to buffalo for being so opportunistic. And I have to say it, once again Briere pulls "The Fake" on that "slash" by Kovalev. Not only does he dives sometimes, but he also fakes his arm being torn apart by a one handed stick tap!

Pascal is offline  
Old
10-23-2006, 08:46 PM
  #643
neopreneur
Registered User
 
neopreneur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Providenciales, TCI
Posts: 1,783
vCash: 500
Why are people pissed that Sammy was benched?

He turns the puck over constantly and is a liability late in a game.
He had a grand total of 0 shots. Sammy the super threat machine...
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...7/ES020120.HTM

neopreneur is offline  
Old
10-23-2006, 08:47 PM
  #644
RC51
Registered User
 
RC51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post



Best NHL team assembled

76-77 Montreal Canadiens

60 W 8L 12 Ties = 132 points

STANLEY CUP after a 16 -1 run in the playoffs.

When Buffalo beats that...call me!
Glad you brought it up. That Habs team was the best hockey TEAM I ever saw. 88-9 for the whole year including playoffs

I wish the clock could allow that Habs team to have met the best Gretsky team for a 7 game cup series.
Would that have been something to watch, it would rival Team Canada's comeback in 72

RC51 is offline  
Old
10-23-2006, 08:48 PM
  #645
GoodKiwi
Registered User
 
GoodKiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Georgia
Posts: 9,308
vCash: 500
Wow, our first line was -9 tonight!

GoodKiwi is online now  
Old
10-23-2006, 08:49 PM
  #646
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN
 
Rhett4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Home of the 'Merks
Country: United States
Posts: 11,702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
We didn't deserve to win tonight, period. I ain't mad at all.

Give credit to buffalo for being so opportunistic. And I have to say it, once again Briere pulls "The Fake" on that "slash" by Kovalev. Not only does he dives sometimes, but he also fakes his arm being torn apart by a one handed stick tap!
If only you watched the VS broadcast, where they zoomed in on his hand on the bench for about 30 seconds and it was randomly spasming. I guess he's that good that he can make his hand swell up and twitch

Rhett4 is offline  
Old
10-23-2006, 08:49 PM
  #647
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neopreneur View Post
Why are people pissed that Sammy was benched?

He turns the puck over constantly and is a liability late in a game.
He had a grand total of 0 shots. Sammy the super threat machine...
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...7/ES020120.HTM
Ya he's sort of like a suckier Kovalev...From game 1 Perezhogin has outplayed both.

Shabutie is offline  
Old
10-23-2006, 08:50 PM
  #648
GoodKiwi
Registered User
 
GoodKiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Georgia
Posts: 9,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett4 View Post
If only you watched the VS broadcast, where they zoomed in on his hand on the bench for about 30 seconds and it was randomly spasming. I guess he's that good that he can make his hand swell up and twitch
Yes, I watched the game on Versus as well and you're 100% correct.

GoodKiwi is online now  
Old
10-23-2006, 08:51 PM
  #649
Moskau
Registered User
 
Moskau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Western New York
Posts: 9,797
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
We didn't deserve to win tonight, period. I ain't mad at all.

Give credit to buffalo for being so opportunistic. And I have to say it, once again Briere pulls "The Fake" on that "slash" by Kovalev. Not only does he dives sometimes, but he also fakes his arm being torn apart by a one handed stick tap!
I don't know what the feed you guys got was but on VS they zoomed in on Briere's hand at the bench and it was shaking and swollen.

Moskau is online now  
Old
10-23-2006, 08:51 PM
  #650
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennywebster View Post
If I was samsonov tonight .. I ask Gainey to tell every 29 others teams .. with the word : "trade me right ****in' now"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cap_0608offframo1.jpg‎ (3.8 KB, 17 views)

Artyukhin* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:43 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.