HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Zuccarello Close to Signing 2 or 3 Year Contract

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-04-2013, 10:52 AM
  #101
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
Skating, physicality, hands.

Edit: forgot the nose.
skating really separates it.

And Marchand has a nose for the game.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 03:15 PM
  #102
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...
 
Gardner McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Abingdon, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,878
vCash: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
skating really separates it.

And Marchand has a nose for the game.
Quite literally. He looks like a combination of big bird and Nigel Thornberry.

__________________
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction."
Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 04:48 PM
  #103
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.
 
SwedishBullet62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,706
vCash: 500
Was never this guys biggest fan coming into this season but he really earned it, and it's great to see its a multi year one way deal, let him settle in in the city get comfortable and know every seasons not a contract year and the organization wants to give him a legit chance, couldn't be happier for the guy.

SwedishBullet62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 06:06 PM
  #104
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,163
vCash: 500
He earned a spot, but our roster is looking a bit heavy with non impact players right now.

Hagelin - Stepan - Nash
Zuccarello - Brassard - Callahan
Kreider - Richards - Pyatt/Miller
Dorsett - Boyle - Fast/Lindberg/Haley/Hrivik/Asham/Pyatt/Miller

Pretty lack luster. Unless Kreider takes a big step forward, the left side is very underwhelming. Center depth is decent, but unless Stepan puts together a legit 65+ point season, there's no real #1 center. Just a pretty underwhelming forward core. It has potential, but it's pretty tame.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 08:32 PM
  #105
shinchanyo
Registered User
 
shinchanyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 1,853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKS View Post
A tendency.. Sounds like the guy has a sample size of a full career when in fact he has played a total of 2 playoff series (plus 1 playoff game prior to injury last year). One in which Torts decided to put him on a non-scoring line after one game.

The guy will get better. He has shown us time after time that he will impress us, and he does not even have a full season behind him. Previous NHL-players of short stature have generally been late bloomers.

As for those worried about his scoring, I believe he will score. He has scored plenty in every league he was in prior to the NHL and on national level. In the KHL he was still troubled by his hand, so that affected his shot quite a bit.

I really think we are in for a treat guys.
Ok so then insert the words "so far" it's not an inaccurate representation of what we have seen and it's probably going to accurately represent him for another year or two unless he learns to exploit individual players and he and his teammates develop more chemistry. He has this flaw.

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 08:44 PM
  #106
fredrikstad
Registered User
 
fredrikstad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fredrikstad, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,116
vCash: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
He earned a spot, but our roster is looking a bit heavy with non impact players right now.

Hagelin - Stepan - Nash
Zuccarello - Brassard - Callahan
Kreider - Richards - Pyatt/Miller
Dorsett - Boyle - Fast/Lindberg/Haley/Hrivik/Asham/Pyatt/Miller

Pretty lack luster. Unless Kreider takes a big step forward, the left side is very underwhelming. Center depth is decent, but unless Stepan puts together a legit 65+ point season, there's no real #1 center. Just a pretty underwhelming forward core. It has potential, but it's pretty tame.
Asham and Powe are put on waiwers today

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 09:55 PM
  #107
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers
 
Mats Zuccarelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Manhattan
Country: United States
Posts: 1,570
vCash: 500
Imagine Zuccs and Gerbe on the same line

Mats Zuccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 10:04 PM
  #108
ecemleafs
Registered User
 
ecemleafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 9,444
vCash: 500
marchand is bigger, stronger, more aggressive, and has a better shot.

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 11:22 PM
  #109
KingWantsCup
United we stand
 
KingWantsCup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 4,574
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
marchand is bigger, stronger, more aggressive, and has a better shot.
What's all this talk about Marchand? Is there solid word that he's being shipped? I would trade for him in a second as long as Boston wasn't asking for the moon.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 11:32 PM
  #110
Faxius
Registered User
 
Faxius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 535
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
What makes Marchand a much better two way player than Zucc? They are nearly the same size. Is it skating ability?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
What's all this talk about Marchand? Is there solid word that he's being shipped? I would trade for him in a second as long as Boston wasn't asking for the moon.
People answered slipknottin's question and just spun off from there.

Faxius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 11:36 PM
  #111
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
He earned a spot, but our roster is looking a bit heavy with non impact players right now.

Hagelin - Stepan - Nash
Zuccarello - Brassard - Callahan
Kreider - Richards - Pyatt/Miller
Dorsett - Boyle - Fast/Lindberg/Haley/Hrivik/Asham/Pyatt/Miller

Pretty lack luster. Unless Kreider takes a big step forward, the left side is very underwhelming. Center depth is decent, but unless Stepan puts together a legit 65+ point season, there's no real #1 center. Just a pretty underwhelming forward core. It has potential, but it's pretty tame.
That's a forward corps with tons of potential, but a history of struggling.

Take Nash, Cally, Stepan. Each of these players is a lock to score at a minimum of a 50 point rate, 60 for Nash. Low estimates.

Hags is likely to continue to be that 40-50 point speedster. Boyle can do anywhere between 20 and 40 points, Dorsset is a 20 point energy guy.

But then we have Richards, Brassard, Kreider, Zucc, Miller, Fast, Lindberg,Kristo. Question marks all around.

Richards could put up 70, he could put up 40. Same goes for Brassard.

I'm expecting Zucc to put up anywhere from 35-50.

Kreider! My god. He could put up 10 points or 40!

Miller is too young to expect ANYTHING from.

Tons of question marks.

If this team plays to it's potential, It's a fantastic forward group.

If most of the question marks go the wrong way....well... we've seen what happens.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 01:25 AM
  #112
azaloum90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
That's a forward corps with tons of potential, but a history of struggling.

Take Nash, Cally, Stepan. Each of these players is a lock to score at a minimum of a 50 point rate, 60 for Nash. Low estimates.

Hags is likely to continue to be that 40-50 point speedster. Boyle can do anywhere between 20 and 40 points, Dorsset is a 20 point energy guy.

But then we have Richards, Brassard, Kreider, Zucc, Miller, Fast, Lindberg,Kristo. Question marks all around.

Richards could put up 70, he could put up 40. Same goes for Brassard.

I'm expecting Zucc to put up anywhere from 35-50.

Kreider! My god. He could put up 10 points or 40!

Miller is too young to expect ANYTHING from.

Tons of question marks.

If this team plays to it's potential, It's a fantastic forward group.

If most of the question marks go the wrong way....well... we've seen what happens.
That's also a really good point... Honestly, after the cluster-fudge known as the 12-13 season, I think at least a FEW of those question marks may turn around...

I'm expecting 50-60 points from Richards. I know he's declining, but with a full training camp and a fresh coach, theres a better-than-not chance of him playing acceptable. Again, acceptable used lightly. he should be putting up 90 at his pay rate, but we've accepted that this is a shot to the moon.

Kreider may excel under AV... If he does that is an easy 40 points, for sure...

Miller WILL need another year in the AHL, for sure. Keep him in the pack, especially with some new veteran players down there

With the Power Play becoming usable again (and hoping that he is on it), Zucc could easily do 40-50 points.

Assuming bad blood from Arniel doesn't creep through his veins, Brass should have another good season. I'm expecting wonders, and no less from him. 60 points easy


Kristo, Lindberg, and Fast are the BIGGEST question marks right now. Hell, if Kristo does well in his trial run period of September thru December, he may KEEP his spot on the team. Let's hope for that, because Thomas was never given a fair shot.
That being said, I'd say 2 out of 8 question marks not turning is a good turnout for this team. Lets assume I am half wrong (it is 2:30AM right now), ok fine Krieder blows chunks and Richards has another 40 point season... We're still in decent shape, and no reason why we can't beat at least 3 other teams in our division, let alone a good chunk of the east

azaloum90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 02:11 AM
  #113
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azaloum90 View Post
That's also a really good point... Honestly, after the cluster-fudge known as the 12-13 season, I think at least a FEW of those question marks may turn around...

I'm expecting 50-60 points from Richards. I know he's declining, but with a full training camp and a fresh coach, theres a better-than-not chance of him playing acceptable. Again, acceptable used lightly. he should be putting up 90 at his pay rate, but we've accepted that this is a shot to the moon.

Kreider may excel under AV... If he does that is an easy 40 points, for sure...

Miller WILL need another year in the AHL, for sure. Keep him in the pack, especially with some new veteran players down there

With the Power Play becoming usable again (and hoping that he is on it), Zucc could easily do 40-50 points.

Assuming bad blood from Arniel doesn't creep through his veins, Brass should have another good season. I'm expecting wonders, and no less from him. 60 points easy


Kristo, Lindberg, and Fast are the BIGGEST question marks right now. Hell, if Kristo does well in his trial run period of September thru December, he may KEEP his spot on the team. Let's hope for that, because Thomas was never given a fair shot.
That being said, I'd say 2 out of 8 question marks not turning is a good turnout for this team. Lets assume I am half wrong (it is 2:30AM right now), ok fine Krieder blows chunks and Richards has another 40 point season... We're still in decent shape, and no reason why we can't beat at least 3 other teams in our division, let alone a good chunk of the east
Precisely. Our best Center and Winger to start the year (Gabby and Richie) both had the worst year of their careers, Cally didn't have a great season, played most of it injured, same goes for Hags. By all accounts, Girardi, McD, and DZ didn't have great seasons, and Staal took YET ANOTHER serious injury that sidelined him for most of the season. Kreider was a nonfactor from start to finish, Hank had an alright season, and with all of these things going wrong, we were a playoff team. Mostly because of Stepan and Nash, and then Brass.

11-12 nearly everything went right. Still got bounced in the conference finals.
12-13 nearly everything went wrong. Still finished sixth, made it to the 2nd round.

With all the potential on this team, and all the poor luck, you could tell me they win the cup or miss the playoffs next year, neither one would really shock me.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 10:25 AM
  #114
azaloum90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
Precisely. Our best Center and Winger to start the year (Gabby and Richie) both had the worst year of their careers, Cally didn't have a great season, played most of it injured, same goes for Hags. By all accounts, Girardi, McD, and DZ didn't have great seasons, and Staal took YET ANOTHER serious injury that sidelined him for most of the season. Kreider was a nonfactor from start to finish, Hank had an alright season, and with all of these things going wrong, we were a playoff team. Mostly because of Stepan and Nash, and then Brass.

11-12 nearly everything went right. Still got bounced in the conference finals.
12-13 nearly everything went wrong. Still finished sixth, made it to the 2nd round.

With all the potential on this team, and all the poor luck, you could tell me they win the cup or miss the playoffs next year, neither one would really shock me.
Let's also not forget that Nash got stuck with those two players having awful years. Ridiculous injuries stopped us. With a full training camp, I am expecting a solid team for 13-14

azaloum90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:41 AM
  #115
Idlerlee
Always play Richards
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Oslo, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,461
vCash: 50
Still calling a breakout season for Zucc. 2+ years, one way. No stress and freedom to play.

Exepcting 50+ from the little guy

Idlerlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 05:10 PM
  #116
helicecopter
Registered User
 
helicecopter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: give me higher shots
Posts: 7,838
vCash: 500
mmmh, I still see no contract though

helicecopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 05:12 PM
  #117
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 22,304
vCash: 500
Awards:
Yeah, is homeboy gonna sign or not?

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 05:22 PM
  #118
fredrikstad
Registered User
 
fredrikstad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fredrikstad, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,116
vCash: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Yeah, is homeboy gonna sign or not?
Jim Cerny believes he will. He is arbitration eligible,don't know if he filled for that though?

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 06:10 PM
  #119
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 7,510
vCash: 500
Don't think either players or teams can file for arbitration until next week (I want to say July 10th but am not completely sure).

Also, don't think Zuccarello will end up in there anyway. If the Rangers are willing to sign him (and they should given the way he played for them), it's just a question of time.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 06:25 PM
  #120
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug
 
Fire Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 17,868
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
got a feeling he won't be back

Fire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 06:51 PM
  #121
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
got a feeling he won't be back
nah Sather seems to like him and he said he wants him back. Gotta play some hard ball with the cap tight. Zucc needs to be around 1.3 tops

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 08:01 PM
  #122
Green Blob*
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
got a feeling he won't be back
Not sure why?

He will be signed.

Green Blob* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:11 PM
  #123
Stepanformayor*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 581
vCash: 500
They have $11.1 million to sign 5 RFA'S. Zucc is gonzo!! No way they sign him.

Stepanformayor* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:29 PM
  #124
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,757
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepanformayor View Post
They have $11.1 million to sign 5 RFA'S. Zucc is gonzo!! No way they sign him.
This including Powe and Asham? Because those two are not going to be a part of this team, in all likelihood.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:33 PM
  #125
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepanformayor View Post
They have $11.1 million to sign 5 RFA'S. Zucc is gonzo!! No way they sign him.
Of course.


All of that money is for Stepan. All of it.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.