HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Shame on the Montreal Crowd tonight...

Old
10-23-2006, 08:50 PM
MontrealHabs

vCash: 500
Shame on the Montreal Crowd tonight...

I mean come on, we were playing against the best team in the NHL, and the crowd was sleeping.... Only the Johson's goal woke up them. The crowd has the wake up the team, not the contrary.

We were loosing 0-3 against the fastest team in the NHL, it is not a reason to let down the players, but a reason to cheer even more for them. The players were unlucky tonight, they gave a good effort (except for Mr. Kovalev), but I can't say the same for the crowd.

BTW, luck wasn't on our side. Transform the Souray's post and it is 1-1 instead of 0-2....
We lost against a great team tonight. Our PK is doing GREAT as well as our PP.

My 2 cents...

MontrealHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 08:54 PM
Cyrrus147

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealHabs View Post
I mean come on, we are playing against the best team in the NHL, and the crowd was sleeping.... Only the Johson's goal woke up them. The crowd has the wake up the team, not the contrary.

We were loosing 0-3 against the fastest team in the NHL, it is not a reason to let down the players, but a reason to cheer even more for them. The players were unlucky tonight, they gave a good effort (except for Mr. Kovalev), but I can't say the same for the crowd.

My 2 cents...
Did you put your sound on? The crowd was yelling Go Habs Go for most of the games, they only took a break between the third goals and the end of the second period.

They even were chanting for Huet after the first goal he gaves.

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 08:56 PM
AHF

Send a message via MSN to AHF
There wasn't much to cheer about...

They were in it until Huet pulled a Tommy Salo.

AHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 08:58 PM
MontrealHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
Did you put your sound on? The crowd was yelling Go Habs Go for most of the games, they only took a break between the third goals and the end of the second period.

They even were chanting for Huet after the first goal he gaves.
Unless RDS cut the sound from the crowd, which is possible with crappy RDS....

Old
10-23-2006, 09:03 PM
snowrunner*

thats an insult to Tommy Salo

snowrunner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 09:04 PM
Mike8

Quote:
I mean come on, we were playing against the best team in the NHL, and the crowd was sleeping.... Only the Johson's goal woke up them. The crowd has the wake up the team, not the contrary.
So what prevented you from buying tickets and making some noise?

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 09:10 PM
MontrealHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
So what prevented you from buying tickets and making some noise?
What a dull argument, what prevented me? Well, I'm a student, so it's a bit hard to buy a season ticket huh? When I can afford a ticket, I make sure everybody in my section is cheering LOUD.

Old
10-23-2006, 09:11 PM
madbox

Every opposing goalie should get the Theo treatment. Hell, skaters too.

I'd do it... if I could afford tickets to every game. And, lived in Montreal....

madbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 09:13 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Quote:
What a dull argument, what prevented me? Well, I'm a student, so it's a bit hard to buy a season ticket huh? When I can afford a ticket, I make sure everybody in my section is cheering LOUD.
What are you going to force them to cheer?

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 09:16 PM
madbox

This guy on Altitude is saying how well Breezer was recepted in Montreal on Saturday..... lol. K.

madbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 09:18 PM
MontrealHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
What are you going to force them to cheer?
LOL guys... come on, no need to force people. They just need a leader, at least one per section I won't force them, but I'll convince them to do so by cheering like I did last time... All my section was rocking.

Edit : The crowd was rocking Saturday, it was special and the crowd was altering the concentration of Theodore, which was Great, but we have to do it each evening and not fell asleep as soon as we are loosing 0-3.

Old
10-23-2006, 09:19 PM
Mike8

Quote:
The argument is quite fine. You seem to feel you're entitled to criticize paying customers for not supporting the team adequately. Well, they paid. You didn't. Guess which fan the organization prefers?

Old
10-23-2006, 09:36 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
I was at the game tonight...the crowd was very much into it despite the team going down 3-0 and taking the second period off.

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 09:38 PM
MontrealHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I was at the game tonight...the crowd was very much into it despite the team going down 3-0 and taking the second period off.
Good, because on RDS, it seemed silent.

Old
10-23-2006, 09:38 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:

BTW, luck wasn't on our side. Transform the Souray's post and it is 1-1 instead of 0-2....

My 2 cents...
what game were you watching? The crowd was very alive, don't start ******** like this.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 09:39 PM
MontrealHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
The argument is quite fine. You seem to feel you're entitled to criticize paying customers for not supporting the team adequately. Well, they paid. You didn't. Guess which fan the organization prefers?

Yes, it's their right to remain silent, but what is the purpose of paying the big price to remain silent ?... I don't know, maybe I'm missing something here...

Old
10-23-2006, 09:42 PM
Boardish

Quote:
Yes, it's their right to remain silent, but what is the purpose of paying the big price to remain silent ?... I don't know, maybe I'm missing something here...
I think the purpose is to watch a hockey game. I guess.

Boardish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 09:44 PM
Kirk Muller*

They didn't sound very loud to me.

Kirk Muller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2006, 09:55 PM
Mike8

Quote:
To give you something to complain about.

Old
10-24-2006, 10:57 AM
oop007*

Quote:

My 2 cents...

Sorry, some jackass with a 6 foot long 4 foot wide "KILL THE SABRES" poster madeout of cheap cardboard was sitting 2 isles infront of me. Wasn't too happy when I couldn't see half the game and the team was also losing. Plus they played well in the first and it seemed to go downhill after that. (At least I stayed the entire game and didn't leave to beat the traffic before the 3rd)

oop007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 12:04 PM
Habs4Lyfe
Drive for 25

Quote:
I know we are talking about the Habs here, just out of curiosity....have u ever watched a Leafs game or been to the ACC? You can fall asleep during a game without any effort at all...the entire lower section of the ACC is full of suits...if u wanna talk about people paying the Big Price to Remain Silent...its the Leafs fans u should be gearing that towards...not the Habs fans...we have one of the loudest arenas in the entire NHL...full of VERY knowledgeable fans!

Even tho I live in Toronto now...ive been to MANY habs games at the Bell Center...and its the most incredible experience!

I do agree with u that while watching the game on RDS, it can seem like the crowd is very quiet...but thats just the feed...the audio is not the greatest on RDS...ive noticed that for a long time now...

I wasnt able to watch the home opener on CBC (they had to show the Laffs game here instead) so I was stuck watching it on RDS...and let me tell u...i thought to myself..."why is the crowd so quiet...they only BIG cheer I was really able to make out was for Carbo...but it seemed very subdued for the rest of the player. I later read on HF from people that were at the game that the fans were going nuts and it was VERY noisy in there!

I dont know why I just wrote all that...lol...but i guess what I wanted to say is that HABS FANS ROCK and NOTHING comes close to being at a Habs game IN the Bell Center

Habs4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 12:04 PM
Montreal4Life

vCash: 3978
Quote:
so let me get this straight.... u didn't go to the game...... and you criticise the fans? Dude, u have no right to do that. I was at the game and it was loud as hell. I was yelling like a maniac.
2nd of all, it wasn't that much of an interesting game to watch but the fans were still loud. My advice? Don't open ur mouth when u don't know what ur talking about

Montreal4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 12:14 PM
oop007*

Yeah. I was in the reds. Could have been louder but fact is, 1 goal.

Old
10-24-2006, 01:19 PM
oop007*

And btw. Don't rag on fans of a team that sells out every game. Whether they cheer or not.