HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

CLB - TOR, James Wisniewski

Old
06-19-2013, 07:05 PM
CreeksideStrangler

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnybaby View Post
Not at all interested in Wiz from a Leafs perspective.

There is more than enough offense on the backend. It would make more sense to target someone who is more of a shutdown type.
This. Phaneuf need a defensive dman to be effective.

CreeksideStrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 07:52 PM
chunkbox

say what you want about Wiz , but he is a valued member of our team and i hope he stays with us ...

he has a cannon ( pun intended ) from the point and plays hard ... just the kinda guy we need to show our kids the ropes imo -

chunkbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 08:06 PM
Drew311
Play Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
and neither are wanted by us...so yeah...
Grabovski would easily be the Blue Jackets best centre. If management really is looking to buy out Wiz I think they would jump all over a Wiz/Grabo swap. Especially if the Leafs retained a million of his salary.

Drew311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 08:14 PM
Mikeyg
Smackin' haterz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardiner Expressway View Post
We're 1 for 2 on MTL reclamation projects (Grabo worked, Komi didn't)
Um did i miss a couple of seasons in recent memory that grabo was worth 5.5? The days where he was worth 5.5 are LONG GONE. I wouldnt really call grabo a great deal....

Mikeyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 08:29 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Grabovski would easily be the Blue Jackets best centre. If management really is looking to buy out Wiz I think they would jump all over a Wiz/Grabo swap. Especially if the Leafs retained a million of his salary.
i'll agree to disagree on that one...

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 08:44 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Well first, we already said they weren't looking to buy him out.

Second, Anisimov is better than Grabovski. We have plenty of 2nd/3rd line centers as it is.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 08:51 PM
candyman82

I look at our RHD depth without Wiz and cringe. I doubt he gets moved

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:25 PM
Drew311
Play Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Well first, we already said they weren't looking to buy him out.

Second, Anisimov is better than Grabovski. We have plenty of 2nd/3rd line centers as it is.
My apologies, I didn't realize you are part of the management team. Considering you think Anisimov is better than Grabovski, I don't have a lot of faith in the future of your organization.

Drew311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:29 PM
stevo61

Quote:
After the past couple seasons i doubt he would even be better then Letestu at the point. I've watch countless Leaf games and im gonna guess you've watched few to no Blue Jacket games. The Blue Jackets are no longer a laughing stalk in the league and next year in the east some people are gonna be in all honesty surprised by the play of a guy like Anisimov now that he's given more of an opportunity.

stevo61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:32 PM
candyman82

Quote:
My apologies, I didn't realize you are part of the management team. Considering you think Anisimov is better than Grabovski, I don't have a lot of faith in the future of your organization.
We don't employ guys like you, so I guess we could be doing much worse

Last edited by candyman82: 06-20-2013 at 09:22 AM.
Old
06-19-2013, 10:44 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
I'd have to guess you don't make a habit of watching Columbus play.

By the way, with Grabovski's disappearing act all year capped by his wonderful playoffs performance, I can only guess you forgot the sarcasm smiley.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:48 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
personally, only player i have any actual interest in is JVR...not saying there aren't good players on TOR...just from a CBJ organizational standpoint, Kessel's salary doesn't make sense, and Phaneuf is your captain...the rest are 2nd/3rd liners that we have a lot of already
This re: JVR. Unless, since Grabovsky is so good, Leafs decide to trade Kadri.

Old
06-20-2013, 12:06 AM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Wisniewski has been fine here, and he's not getting bought out.

And neither is Umberger.

Also, who is CLB?

CBJBrassard16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 07:03 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
...Also, who is CLB?
CLB is the preferred notation for Columbus, rather than COL, CBS, CLS, etc. CBJ is short for Columbus Blue Jackets. Surprised by your comment on it, CBJB16, its been in use from the beginning for league stats, standings, and such.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:05 AM
CreeksideStrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
We don't employ imbeciles like you, so I guess we could be doing much worse
Wow, harsh. A little over the line over a disagreement in value. Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?

CreeksideStrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 09:22 AM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeksideStrangler View Post
Wow, harsh. A little over the line over a disagreement in value. Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?
I was actually on my way to change the wording. It was, IMO, way too harsh.

Old
06-20-2013, 08:07 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Bump

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 25s

#CBJ GM Jarmo Kekalainen confirms there will be no contract buyouts.

Old
06-20-2013, 08:07 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
CLB is the preferred notation for Columbus, rather than COL, CBS, CLS, etc. CBJ is short for Columbus Blue Jackets. Surprised by your comment on it, CBJB16, its been in use from the beginning for league stats, standings, and such.
Yeah I know, it was more annoyance that people still call us CLB or CLS. Its CBJ, nothing more, nothing less.

Old
06-20-2013, 08:10 PM
Raym11
Phaneuf sucks

theres no way Toronto wants this guy.

Raym11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 09:40 PM
htpwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
I'd have to guess you don't make a habit of watching Columbus play.

By the way, with Grabovski's disappearing act all year capped by his wonderful playoffs performance, I can only guess you forgot the sarcasm smiley.
It is amazing how one poor season can shape and totally reverse whatever positive reputation a player had.

Here's Grabovski's past 5 NHL seasons:

2008-2009: 78GP/20G/28A/48P
2009-2010: 59GP/10G/25A/35P
2010-2011: 81GP/29G/29A/58P
2011-2012: 74GP/23G/28A/51P
2012-2013: 48GP/9G/7A/16P

Which of the seasons are most representative of a player's capability? The four previous seasons, in which he scored at or above a 50 point pace, or the half season, following a lockout, in which he scored at half that? Any sensible person would say the former.

If Blue Jackets fans don't want to trade Wiz for Grabovski, I can't blame them. Wiz is a good player in his own right, but to put forward some of the arguments written here?

If you really think Mark Letestu or Artem Anisimov are better players than Mikhail Grabovski, then I don't know what to tell you. The facts don't back you up.

And for the record, anyone who actually watched the games, knows how well he played in the playoffs. It may not have shown up on the stat sheet but he was buzzing all series.

htpwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 11:05 PM
stevo61

Quote:
Originally Posted by htpwn View Post
It is amazing how one poor season can shape and totally reverse whatever positive reputation a player had.

Which of the seasons are most representative of a player's capability? The four previous seasons, in which he scored at or above a 50 point pace, or the half season, following a lockout, in which he scored at half that? Any sensible person would say the former.

If Blue Jackets fans don't want to trade Wiz for Grabovski, I can't blame them. Wiz is a good player in his own right, but to put forward some of the arguments written here?

If you really think Mark Letestu or Artem Anisimov are better players than Mikhail Grabovski, then I don't know what to tell you. The facts don't back you up.

And for the record, anyone who actually watched the games, knows how well he played in the playoffs. It may not have shown up on the stat sheet but he was buzzing all series.
So you compare Grabovski and Anisimov based on stats to say Grabovski is better but then say don't look at the stat sheet in the playoffs to see how good he was? I've watched Grabovski probably as much or more then you and he is a damn fine player but i can easily bet you haven't seen Anisimov enough to make that kind of judgement. You are looking at a statsheet and saying hmm our player is better then yours. I like Grabovski but Wiz fills a need for us, lets leave it at that

stevo61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 01:17 AM
Community
Former TMLKesselftw

vCash: 50
Toronto wouldn't be looking to add another offensive Dman... We have Phaneuf, Franson, and Gardiner already in the line-up with Liles in the press-box and Rielly in juniors.

If we're looking for a #2 Dman, our defense would look like this:
Phaneuf - XXX
Gardiner - Franson
Gunnarson - Rielly/Fraser

We're most likely looking for a #2 Defensive/2-way Dman that can fill in for 2-3 years before Rielly (hopefully) takes over with our defense then looking something like: (obviously some prospects shine while others bust, but as of now)

Phaneuf - Rielly
Gardiner - Franson
Finn - Percy (or the vet who was filling in for the #2 spot)

Granberg, Blacker, Fraser as 7th dmen (or somebody that impresses from our prospect pool)

Community is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 02:21 AM
htpwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo61 View Post
So you compare Grabovski and Anisimov based on stats to say Grabovski is better but then say don't look at the stat sheet in the playoffs to see how good he was? I've watched Grabovski probably as much or more then you and he is a damn fine player but i can easily bet you haven't seen Anisimov enough to make that kind of judgement. You are looking at a statsheet and saying hmm our player is better then yours. I like Grabovski but Wiz fills a need for us, lets leave it at that
There's quite a bit of difference between producing over a 7 game series and an 82 game season.

Unless Anisimov has become one of defensive forwards in the league (he hasn't), I don't how he is a better player than Grabovski. He may have had a better season but he isn't a better player.

htpwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 02:08 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by htpwn View Post

And since Grobovski is so valuable, the Leafs have decided to buy him out and let any team have him for free.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 02:20 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
And since Grobovski is so valuable, the Leafs have decided to buy him out and let any team have him for free.
Was this really worth resurrecting the thread for that?

Leafs fans are pissed at the Grabo buyout. No need to do this.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote