HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Scuderi looking to play in the east.

Old
07-04-2013, 01:21 PM
DCRedhawk21

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Line Center View Post
I like Scuderi a lot but the terms being bandied about for him are high IMHO.

I can't see giving a player of his caliber and age a deal over three years and more than 4 mill per. That's the ceiling for me and I think that's even a bit high.

He's a solid 3/4 defenseman that doesn't put up points.

And provides a veteran presence for a young defense.... exactly what Washington needs. But I do think LI wins out on this one - it seems like its the perfect situation for him.

DCRedhawk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 01:46 PM
Zal

It was good having you, Scuds, thanks for the Cup memories.

Zal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 01:55 PM
rajuabju
The One & Only

If Scuds is really asking for 3+ years, and/or $4M+, no way is DL going to bring him back, and I wouldnt want him back.

Max of 2 year deal, $3.5M/year. Otherwise, let a team in the east overpay.

rajuabju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 02:07 PM
dannyj10

Bring him back to Pitt Ray!!

dannyj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 04:41 PM
KrisBeKreame

I would like to see Scuderi offered the same or a similar deal that Snow signed Visnovsky to. 2 years 9.5 Million NMC (with provisions for trade at 2014-15 trade deadline). I would even be ok if they added a year at the same rate.

KrisBeKreame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 05:32 PM
TROLLPOSO

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
I would like to see Scuderi offered the same or a similar deal that Snow signed Visnovsky to. 2 years 9.5 Million NMC (with provisions for trade at 2014-15 trade deadline). I would even be ok if they added a year at the same rate.
We either overpay and commit to years or watch him go elsewhere. Four years seems like the minimum I would expect him to sign for.

TROLLPOSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 05:42 PM
KingKopitar11*

Just a heads up for some of you guys. Scuderi can't be THAT guy that you want to play often. He can be a good veteran when the ice time is spread very equally. When Mitchell and Greene were down we played him a bit more than normal he absolutely did sub par. His age shows, but with limited ice time he will be good, but he's not your go to guy.

I like Scuderi a lot but he has been showing his age, a lot last year actually. A team with good defense should pick him up, If a team with average defense picks him up, it will be hell.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 06:40 PM
StellerEller
Free Pateryn

vCash: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Just a heads up for some of you guys. Scuderi can't be THAT guy that you want to play often. He can be a good veteran when the ice time is spread very equally. When Mitchell and Greene were down we played him a bit more than normal he absolutely did sub par. His age shows, but with limited ice time he will be good, but he's not your go to guy.

I like Scuderi a lot but he has been showing his age, a lot last year actually. A team with good defense should pick him up, If a team with average defense picks him up, it will be hell.
Montreal would really benefit from Scuderi. Good Mentor for guys like Tinordi and Pateryn. And I think minutes wise he would be used effectively, since the habs D is set for offense, he would be asked to stick to his bread and butter (shutdown assignments)

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 06:43 PM
KingKopitar11*

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
Montreal would really benefit from Scuderi. Good Mentor for guys like Tinordi and Pateryn. And I think minutes wise he would be used effectively, since the habs D is set for offense, he would be asked to stick to his bread and butter (shutdown assignments)
That would be good, Montreal would Be a good fit for Scuderi. Not the Pens though. That'd be really bad.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 07:02 PM
KrisBeKreame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post

The Islanders rolled all three pairing last season. I think Scuderi would fit in with Visnovsky to be the 2nd pairing behind top minutes guys of MacDonald and Hamonic.

KrisBeKreame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 07:07 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Sounds like Scuderi's asking price won't fit within the Penguins' salary cap structure.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 07:11 PM
Marc Bergevins Suit
Realistic Hab Fan

He'd be a nice fit in Montreal and tell him to bring Penner along with a no-poutine clause

Marc Bergevins Suit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 07:30 PM
Reclamation Project
Out Ta Get Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
Yeah, the Kings won't offer anywhere near that.

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote