HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Proposed Coyotes Rebrand (concept) (NEW concept on page 15)

Old
07-03-2013, 10:07 AM
ck26
Free Raptor Reagan

vCash: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Mosby View Post
So how quickly do we become the Arizona Coyotes? As soon as this season?

Last I checked, the lease says "as soon as commercially feasible", but I imagine that the COG would prefer ASAP, plus it's a great marketing tool for our new ownership.

(Ownership! Feels funny typing that. Stray dogs no more!)
I tried to make a just-in-case purchase yesterday, and NHL.com was sold out of every home / away jersey except 3XL and 4XL, so it shouldn't take long.

ck26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 12:20 PM
huhwhtfkr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ck26 View Post
I tried to make a just-in-case purchase yesterday, and NHL.com was sold out of every home / away jersey except 3XL and 4XL, so it shouldn't take long.
go to the detroit hockey company (http://www.detroithockeyco.com/specifics.cfm)
they have game used sweaters from way back to current. see if you cant find something there.

i'm hearing 14-15 for phx to az change but thats interweb rumors so...

huhwhtfkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 12:25 PM
moosemeister

The year I REALLY want to buy another away jersey, I can't find any and we're rebranding anyways.

Anyone want to help me flip the six on my Wolski jersey and make it a Boedker Jersey? lol

moosemeister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 12:28 PM
huhwhtfkr

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
C'mon, we're a podunk poor ass team in the middle of the desert. Let's have some uniforms that reflect that. Desert camo shade sand, with black everything. Something a convict would be proud to wear, or that a street gang could conceivably adopt.
at the very least a desert color palette would go a long way. piping, and a hem /cuff border with a sw theme. I like the Az jersey but could we swap the squatting dog logo for ether a head or paw or the running dog on the A? I just feel the squatting dog design is over used out here, its on everything zonie.

Old
07-03-2013, 12:59 PM
Kimahri

Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
Quote:
Originally Posted by huhwhtfkr View Post
at the very least a desert color palette would go a long way. piping, and a hem /cuff border with a sw theme. I like the Az jersey but could we swap the squatting dog logo for ether a head or paw or the running dog on the A? I just feel the squatting dog design is over used out here, its on everything zonie.
No piping. Buffalo's jersey would be so much better without the ugly white piping on their home jersey.

Kimahri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 06:31 PM
Mosby
Howl On

It seems many think something like this could be a simple solution to our jersey issue. Basically take the third jersey and replace the 'dead dog' logo with our primary logo.

Mosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 06:45 PM
Diehardcoyotesfan

Away jerseys?? The same format??

Diehardcoyotesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 06:46 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Mosby View Post
It seems many think something like this could be a simple solution to our jersey issue. Basically take the third jersey and replace the 'dead dog' logo with our primary logo.

Simple is best. Would love that as our primary, or even a return to the Kachina Yote on the third jersey's base.

IPreferPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 06:49 PM
Diehardcoyotesfan

I would love to rock the old school emblem again.

Diehardcoyotesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 08:07 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

[IMG][/IMG]

Imagine there is no blue and it doesn't look like crap. Take the Coyotes logo, add the AZ flag "element" to it, but keep the colors the same.

This is a garbage attempt, but I just want to share the general IDEA of it. The GIST.

07-03-2013, 08:12 PM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

Imagine there is no blue and it doesn't look like crap. Take the Coyotes logo, add the AZ flag "element" to it, but keep the colors the same.

This is a garbage attempt, but I just want to share the general IDEA of it. The GIST.
I really like this concept. Can't wait to see what it will be the season after next.

doaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 08:29 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
I like it, but I don't think Reebok can do that complex yoke. If you look around the league, a lot of teams use the same template and rules. The two biggest deviations are the Panthers and Capitals. The Flyers new jerseys also use the new funky template that has half the color on the sleeve/chest. Washington actually has a really good away jersey because of the template they used. Lots of color on it. I wouldn't mind borrowing that design and tweaking it to Coyote colors. Anaheim also gets away with curves.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 09:50 PM
huhwhtfkr

Quote:
[IMG][/IMG]

I like it, looks good but whats the color palette? can you work sand in there somewhere?

Old
07-03-2013, 10:09 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Leblanc says he does not plan to change the logo. Didn't say anything about the jerseys, though.

Rabbit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 10:11 PM
jdfitz12

Anthony Leblanc was on with Roc and Manuch today and said they are not changing
the coyotes logo or colors.
He said it was a top notch logo and he loves the colors.

jdfitz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 10:21 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Leblanc says he does not plan to change the logo. Didn't say anything about the jerseys, though.

Rabbit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 11:31 PM
Mossy

Thank god they aren't changing the lol, would of had to get my tattoo covered by the new one

Mossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 12:13 AM
The Messiah

Personally, as a non-Coyote fan, I think your jersey are some of the best in the league as they are now. The old ones were some of the worst. They need to drop the striping on the pants and add bottom horizontal striping on the jersey and then they would be perfect !!

The Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 12:55 AM
Kimahri

Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messiah View Post
Personally, as a non-Coyote fan, I think your jersey are some of the best in the league as they are now. The old ones were some of the worst. They need to drop the striping on the pants and add bottom horizontal striping on the jersey and then they would be perfect !!
I like not having horizontal striping at the bottom. looks a lot better IMO. Especially while wearing them as a fan.

Kimahri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 01:04 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by strizzy16 View Post
(edit/note: if the mods want to move this to the big jersey thread that's cool but I kind of wanted my own topic so people actually saw it. cheers.)

Hey fellow Coyotes fanatics, I posted a couple of my Coyotes concepts in the bigger thread last year, but I've been working on this concept for months and although it still isn't in its most refined state, I thought I would share it with y'all.

Basically, I'm a graphic designer known as EkspresS Design, and when I'm not doing paid jobs I like to mess around with sports jerseys and logo designs for fun. I've been at it since I was 14 (so about 7 years) and I've come along way, thanks in part to frequently posting on the Chris Creamer sports logos forum (if you love uniforms/design, or just want the latest news/insider scoops on what jerseys are coming out soon, then it's worth checking out, if you can look past the general douchiness of some of the members). What I'm about to show you is my latest Coyotes concept after about 10-15 preceding it haha, so I think it's my best one. It's my first one to incorporate a complete overhaul of the package, new logos, color scheme, fonts, etc.

I plan on sending this in to the team shortly. Obviously I'm a realist and I don't expect the Jamison group to even consider my designs if the new owners actually do happen. But I just want y'all to know what COULD have been, hah. I'm also a true fan of both Coyotes and good design sense, so I would let them take over this look for FREE......... but no matter, that's beside the point.

I've packaged all of these graphics in an extensive "creative brief" (I'm an advertising major, forgive the lingo), I'll let you guys see that when it's finished, that I'm gonna send in to the organization. The brief contains descriptions of each section of the package so I'll include excerpts from that to give you an idea of the direction of this rebrand.

Oh, and borrowing from rumors surrounding the Jamison group's desires, the team is now known as the ARIZONA Coyotes in my world. Here goes......

COLORS
I. The updated colors keeps in mind the primarily brick red set the team currently wears but takes it a few steps further. The main color is still a deep shade of red, but slightly brighter and accompanied by a darker shade of maroon, “deep wine”, giving the team a unique two-tone red look. The two reds are joined by a new element, a mustardy gold, and the familiar light beige “sand” accent. The scheme is specifically designed to reflect the warm yet bold desert landscape. Still, it continues to align with many popular teams in the southwestern state such as the Cardinals, Diamondbacks, and ASU Sun Devils. (sorry I don't have the pantone values chosen yet haha, like I said I'm not done with this project).

LOGOS
II. The primary logo features the image of a coyote sitting on its haunches, howling at the moon. It sits on the top of an updated wordmark that draws elements from original Coyotes script that debuted in ‘95. The word “Arizona” appears below “Coyotes”, once again emphasizing the new, more inclusive title. A crescent moon and hockey sticks round out the primary mark. The moon is a simple symbol that has been around since the club’s inception but takes a different form with a slight shadow from the darker gold. The two hockey sticks feature a repeated triangle motif seen on the coyote’s nose, an element also found throughout the jersey design.

III. The updated crest/partial logo takes the coyote from the primary mark and gives a profile view of only its face, tilted forward to imply motion and speed. The logo is not unlike the pose used in the Coyote’s current primary, giving fans a familiar shaped jersey crest. The logo has a thick gold outline, triangle shapes on the snout, and a slight crescent shape on the tip of the nose, referencing the alternate moon logo. It is used on the chest of the home and road jerseys, pants of the alternate jersey, and takes on an altered color scheme (dropping the gold) in the new “white out” road alternate jersey. It’s an instantly recognizable logo with its curled back ears and a dynamic expression, which is quite important as it will most often be used on merchandise.

IV. The combination of three alternate marks round out the package, which includes two roundel logos and one partial of the main logo (not shown below, it's just the primary without the words). The go-to alternate logo of the package features a bold cactus at the font backed by a desert scene with mountains. The trim around the circle echoes the rising sun motif of the Arizona flag, and “Coyotes” in the new font appears at the bottom. A much more simplifed alternate logo is also crucial to the package as the moon stands alone on a dark maroon background. The moon has been around since the franchise’s inception; it stays here with a modernized shape.

FONT
V. The straightforward blocky font translates from the script logos to the numbers. The font is a variation on traditional athletic block fonts, but gives a uniquely southwestern feel while also meshing well with the rest of the brand. The color choice for the first three jerseys is meant to provide a good amount of contrast with the jersey base, this creates optimal ease in viewing for fans and broadcasters alike. Differently, the numbers on the whiteout alternate create a white-on-white effect, emphasizing the unique aspect of this rarely-worn uniform. On a smaller scale, the triangle motif is found in a very subtle form on all of the numbers. It creates an interesting texture on the jerseys, something one-of-a-kind to the NHL, but also adds detail that could be seen on television in our HD age.

JERSEYS
VI. The home and road jerseys have a simple yet distinctive striping scheme. It starts thin near the collar/shoulder area, but flairs out at the sleeve while also wrapping around at the bottom of the sleeve. You'll notice that when players raise their arms in celebration, the wrap-around creates the familiar "Northwestern" stripe that is currently utilized on the Coyotes jerseys, which is also repeated on the socks, albeit with a different color sequence. At the same time, a sublimated triangle pattern is used where the wrap around stripes meet at the hem. The triangle pattern comes back on the simple one-color pants, along with the moon logo. The cactus roundel logo complements the howling crest logo by being placed on the shoulders. The two pants colors are completely interchangeable, but I believe that the darker one would look better with the darker jersey while the lighter pants would work perfectly with the sand colored uniform. This a-traditional qualities of this off-white uniform make it distinctive to the desert yet still light enough to be easily distinguishable as the road team in other club's arenas.

VII. The main alternate utilizes the darker shade of maroon contrasted with bold accents of sand and the lighter red color. The logo placement is completely new to the NHL, except for maybe the infamous "wild wing" Mighty Ducks teal alternate jersey. The howling Coyote sits on the hem stripe on the front of the uniform. Behind him, the sunburst motif from the Arizona flag is sublimated in to the jersey base, a very subtle element that references Arizona's rich heritage. The triangle theme is again incorporated in to both the sand colored stripes on the sleeves and hem and the uniform numbers. Finally, the Whiteout uniform rounds out the jerseys. Obviously, white is the biggest focus of the jersey, and the lightness of the look is emphasized with the sand colored pants and the white stripes continued on the pants. The numbers themselves are quite subtle, sand and white triangles make up their base with a thick red outline. The uniform is intended to only be worn on Wednesday home games ("Whiteout Wednesdays", intended to be a way to draw fans in and increase attendance for weekday games) and during home playoff games, continuing the famous Whiteout tradition for years to come.

I hope you guys enjoy this. If anyone wants to see my website / portfolio, I included a link to the Coyotes section of the website below. Feel free to browse through some of my work (website is not complete but updates to come) and contact me if you need any design jobs or just want to chat about why a Coyotes fan would live in Athens, Georgia! (And, I work on the cheap.)

http://ellstrau.mynmi.net/wordpress/arizona-coyotes-2/

Thanks for viewing!

--Elliott
Wow, great job. I came over here to read about the Coyotes situation stumbled upon your stuff. Great work. Personally I think the Coyotes black jersey is one of the best in the league but your stuff looks good.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 11:34 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

to OP's designs. Especially alternate #1 (love the rising sun in the jersey). I love the logos and the colours, the whiteout concept is really cool too.

I hope someone from the organization sees these and takes all of them into consideration. Spectacular job!

irunthepeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 06:43 PM
Lyotes

[QUOTE=rt;67565109]

Those are awesome.

Lyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 09:31 PM
Tramontane Sirocco

those jersey's are brilliant, I'd buy one and have my name stuck on it (and favorite number)

Tramontane Sirocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 02:09 AM
Vip
Rieder Support Team

[QUOTE=Lyotes;68653439]
Quote:

Those are awesome.
Keep the howling coyote logo and just change the colors on it to match the jersey. Would be ****ing brilliant.

Vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 02:10 AM
The Korean*

Send a message via AIM to The Korean* Send a message via Yahoo to The Korean*
So are they officially the Arizona Coyotes?

The Korean* is offline   Reply With Quote