HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Tyler Seguin

Old
07-04-2013, 04:43 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
Wow, Boston went woodshed on the Stars ... I believe Eriksson is >>>>> Seguin ... Seguin likes to party and that's why he was on the block

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
Wow, Boston went woodshed on the Stars ... I believe Eriksson is >>>>> Seguin ... Seguin likes to party and that's why he was on the block
Eriksson definitely is at this point. Chiarelli made a fantastic trade, getting a legitimate top line winger, while dumping a possible problem in Seguin and salary in Peverley, while getting some prospects in the balance. If Seguin develops like you would expect a #2 overall to, it might end up fairly even. If not, Dallas just got ripped. Still, bold move for them to go out and get a young talent like Seguin. It will be interesting to see how all the pieces develop.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 05:32 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
Eriksson definitely is at this point. Chiarelli made a fantastic trade, getting a legitimate top line winger, while dumping a possible problem in Seguin and salary in Peverley, while getting some prospects in the balance. If Seguin develops like you would expect a #2 overall to, it might end up fairly even. If not, Dallas just got ripped. Still, bold move for them to go out and get a young talent like Seguin. It will be interesting to see how all the pieces develop.
Just like Phily did with party boys Carter and Richards.

See where Phily was with them and where they now.

I guess LA didn't care about what's right and wrong and they got what's it all about the Cup!

Just like all of you angels around here care about Preds integrity and such.

Preds care too much about been right but been a winner.

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 06:01 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
Just like Phily did with party boys Carter and Richards.

See where Phily was with them and where they now.

I guess LA didn't care about what's right and wrong and they got what's it all about the Cup!

Just like all of you angels around here care about Preds integrity and such.

Preds care too much about been right but been a winner.
Huh?

Not even sure why this is in response to me, but clearly even Stanley Cup winning organizations like the Bruins care about whether they have the "right" players, to move a promising young player like Seguin. That's still subordinate to the fact that they got a fantastic winger, cleared almost $5M in cap space, and also picked up some good prospects like Morrow.

Old
07-04-2013, 06:43 PM
tserberis*

Sorry that it was in reply to you. Wrong button.

But Boston is not as pure as you think.

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 06:45 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
Sorry that it was in reply to you. Wrong button.

But Boston is not as pure as you think.
I'm sure few teams are, really. For the GM to comment about him, and a fairly respected player like Patrice Bergeron as well, it sounds like the situation was going to be problematic.

Old
07-05-2013, 08:48 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

That return for Seguin was pretty sick. I am really disappointed as a Boston fan as I think Seguin has the potential to be a star in this league and has shown flashes of excellence during his time with the Bruins... but getting a guy like Eriksson and a trio of good prospects is a great deal. AND we got rid of Peverley so we can target a top 6 winger. It was a good day to be a Boston fan. I am a bit concerned about Morrow though. 3rd team since he was drafted. Yikes.

Not a good day if you are a Preds fan simply because Dallas got a truly special player. A line of Eriksson, Marchand, and Bergeron is going to be absolutely crazy. Now we just need someone to play with Lucic and Krejci.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote