HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(the expected) "Soooo now what are the lines?" thread.

View Poll Results: Eriksson should play with...
Bergeron and Marchand 150 63.56%
Krejci and Lucic 75 31.78%
Marchand-Krejci or Lucic-Bergeron 4 1.69%
The "Bottom 6" 7 2.97%
Voters: 236. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-04-2013, 07:39 PM
  #51
Colt.45Orr
Registered User
 
Colt.45Orr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,801
vCash: 500
Brunner is an option, but don't count out Hemsky tomorrow.

Colt.45Orr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 07:41 PM
  #52
Confound
-Vindicated-
 
Confound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 17,650
vCash: 500
No to Redden being back, we don't need him anymore. Also, people expecting Clowe or Clarkson to replace Horton's production on the first line will be very disappointed.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 07:42 PM
  #53
BigBadBruin8
@rsox1221
 
BigBadBruin8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Shrewsbury, MA
Country: Ireland
Posts: 8,401
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BigBadBruin8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
Brunner is an option, but don't count out Hemsky tomorrow.
Hemsky's making a lot....you think EDM would retain some salary in a trade?

He would be the **** on Krejci's RW though, provided he can stay healthy

__________________
"The only thing that beats winning [in Toronto] is winning in Montreal.--Aaron Ward

"I've gotta go run some little French guys over."--Shawn Thornton

BigBadBruin8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 07:44 PM
  #54
HarvardBruin
Registered User
 
HarvardBruin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
Brunner is an option, but don't count out Hemsky tomorrow.
Nice to see someone else mention Brunner. Can likely get him for somewhere in the $2.5-$3 range.

HarvardBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 07:45 PM
  #55
Colt.45Orr
Registered User
 
Colt.45Orr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBruin8 View Post
Hemsky's making a lot....you think EDM would retain some salary in a trade?

He would be the **** on Krejci's RW though, provided he can stay healthy
I think there are some creative solutions to the salary issue. He isn't what our FO is looking for as he is not a shooter (at all) but he is actually a good fit for Bergeron and Marchand --even if he is Krejci's countryman.

That being said, he would force Krejci to shoot more and Krejci can certainly score when he starts shooting.

Colt.45Orr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 07:59 PM
  #56
Montecristo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,067
vCash: 500
I say they make a deal with philly for simmonds
kelly, koko, bartkowski, subban

lucic, krejci, simmonds
Marchand, Bergeron, eriksson
spooner, soderberg, smith/knight/caron/fraser
Paille, campbell, thornton

Chara, boychuk
hamilton, Seidenberg
Krug, Mcquaid
morrow/miller/warsofsky

rask
svedberg

Probably under the cap enough to go out and get a RW but i say open competition between those 4 on the 3rd line. Great teams can have some youth.

If they do get a RW though for the 3rd line I have always been in the Hejduk camp. What a great potential compliment to spooner and soderberg. He's kind of in an alfredsson situation though, doubt he leaves colorado.

Montecristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 08:18 PM
  #57
Trap Jesus
Registered User
 
Trap Jesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,361
vCash: 500
Eriksson Should Play With...

I know this depends on who else they get to fill in the top 6, but who would you prefer he plays with right now?

Trap Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 08:20 PM
  #58
redbeard7737
Registered User
 
redbeard7737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecristo View Post
I say they make a deal with philly for simmonds
kelly, koko, bartkowski, subban

lucic, krejci, simmonds
Marchand, Bergeron, eriksson
spooner, soderberg, smith/knight/caron/fraser
Paille, campbell, thornton

Chara, boychuk
hamilton, Seidenberg
Krug, Mcquaid
morrow/miller/warsofsky

rask
svedberg

Probably under the cap enough to go out and get a RW but i say open competition between those 4 on the 3rd line. Great teams can have some youth.

If they do get a RW though for the 3rd line I have always been in the Hejduk camp. What a great potential compliment to spooner and soderberg. He's kind of in an alfredsson situation though, doubt he leaves colorado.
i would bet you any money in the world philly doesnt move simmonds

redbeard7737 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 08:20 PM
  #59
BaBaBruins
Tuukka Time.
 
BaBaBruins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 1,491
vCash: 500
Lucic and Krejci

Spread the 2-way love

Also if you watch Erikkson highlights and think about him playing with Krejci's style of play.....ooooooohhhhhhh booooyyy.

BaBaBruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 08:24 PM
  #60
Confound
-Vindicated-
 
Confound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 17,650
vCash: 500
Lucic and Krejci.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 08:25 PM
  #61
PlayMakers
Hockey's Future Staff
 
PlayMakers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wellesley, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,412
vCash: 500
Lucic - Krejci - Eriksson
Marchand - Bergeron - 2RW
Soderberg - Kelly - Fraser
Paille - Campbell - Thornton

Some thoughts...

1. I think Loui plays with Krejci. Whatever Chiarelli has up his sleeve for his next move, that guy isn't going to be better than Loui.

2. I'll probably get called a hater for this (maybe I am) but I wish they'd make room on that 3rd line for Spooner by moving Kelly. Those wingers are SCREAMING for a playmaker.

3. I'd like Bergie's RW to have some size/power to his game. Clarkson, Clowe types.

__________________
PlayMakers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 08:28 PM
  #62
N o o d l e s
Registered User
 
N o o d l e s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: MA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,247
vCash: 500
I voted Marchand and Bergeron, but that could change depending on who they ad tomorrow/in the coming days.

N o o d l e s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 08:30 PM
  #63
Trap Jesus
Registered User
 
Trap Jesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,361
vCash: 500
Gotta love how right wing is by far the deepest position for free agency. I'm confident that they can land one or two (one for the top 6 role and maybe one to replace Peverley on the third line). But, I wouldn't be surprised to see:

Lucic-Krejci-UFA/Eriksson
Marchand-Bergeron-Eriksson/UFA
Soderberg-Kelly-Caron/Smith
Paille-Campbell-Thornton
Smith/Caron

Trap Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 08:32 PM
  #64
Trap Jesus
Registered User
 
Trap Jesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
3. I'd like Bergie's RW to have some size/power to his game. Clarkson, Clowe types.
I know people are split on where to play Eriksson, but this describes what they should be looking for on Krejci's wing as well. Horton worked very well there as a bigger body.

Trap Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 08:32 PM
  #65
Dellstrom
We Like Eich
 
Dellstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 18,376
vCash: 500
Agreed with Noodles, it completely depends on who we sign/trade for.

He's obviously a great two-way player, so the easy answer is with Marshy and Bergy... That just seems too dominant not to see. But Krejci is also terrific both ways, and he's obviously a very talented and proven offensive player.

I'll have an idea in the next one or two days... Early thoughts say Marchand and Bergeron, I think they'll be our best line offensively. Defensively, that's not a question... What an addition he'll be in all situations. People are going to LOVE him.

I'd expect KoKo/Bart are in play. Krejci/Bergeron are here for the long haul, Spooner>KoKo. He'll have a rough time playing here in Boston, he'd have to wait a looong time. Could get some excellent pieces for them.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 08:32 PM
  #66
hubby1746
Registered User
 
hubby1746's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Brookline, MA
Posts: 2,000
vCash: 500
This is too obvious to vote. Hes a 1st line player end of story. He'll be with Krejci

hubby1746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 08:44 PM
  #67
RunFromTheBear
Registered User
 
RunFromTheBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,863
vCash: 500
This is the team as it stands now:

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Milan Lucic ($6.000m) / David Krejci ($5.250m) / Loui Eriksson ($4.250m)
Brad Marchand ($4.500m) / Patrice Bergeron ($5.000m) / Chris Kelly ($3.000m)
Carl Soderberg ($1.008m) / Ryan Spooner ($0.870m) / Reilly Smith ($0.900m)
Daniel Paille ($1.300m) / Gregory Campbell ($1.600m) / Shawn Thornton ($1.100m)
DEFENSEMEN
Zdeno Chara ($6.917m) / Johnny Boychuk ($3.367m)
Dennis Seidenberg ($3.250m) / Torey Krug ($1.704m)
Adam McQuaid ($1.567m) / Dougie Hamilton ($1.494m)
Matt Bartkowski ($0.650m) /
GOALTENDERS
Tuukka Rask ($5.500m)
Niklas Svedberg ($1.000m)
OTHER
Buyout: Marc Savard ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,226,667; BONUSES: $1,822,500
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $5,895,833

Just as good as how we started last year IMO, but the team is now built for years of succession/has more valuable trade chips.

I have a feeling we see a defenseman, Kelly and Koko moved before the season starts.

RunFromTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 08:47 PM
  #68
Dellstrom
We Like Eich
 
Dellstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 18,376
vCash: 500
Edmonton is interested in moving Hemsky at 2.5. If he's available I'd jump on that.

Marchand-Bergeron-Loui
Lucic-Krejci-Hemsky
Kelly-Spooner-Brunner/Knight/Camara
Merlot
Knight/Fraser/Camara/Caron

Z-Dougie
Seids-Boychuk
Krug-McQuaid
Bart/Morrow/Warsofsky

Tuukka
Svedberg

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 08:52 PM
  #69
DoubleAAAA
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinSG17 View Post
This is the team as it stands now:

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Milan Lucic ($6.000m) / David Krejci ($5.250m) / Loui Eriksson ($4.250m)
Brad Marchand ($4.500m) / Patrice Bergeron ($5.000m) / Chris Kelly ($3.000m)
Carl Soderberg ($1.008m) / Ryan Spooner ($0.870m) / Reilly Smith ($0.900m)
Daniel Paille ($1.300m) / Gregory Campbell ($1.600m) / Shawn Thornton ($1.100m)
DEFENSEMEN
Zdeno Chara ($6.917m) / Johnny Boychuk ($3.367m)
Dennis Seidenberg ($3.250m) / Torey Krug ($1.704m)
Adam McQuaid ($1.567m) / Dougie Hamilton ($1.494m)
Matt Bartkowski ($0.650m) /
GOALTENDERS
Tuukka Rask ($5.500m)
Niklas Svedberg ($1.000m)
OTHER
Buyout: Marc Savard ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,226,667; BONUSES: $1,822,500
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $5,895,833

Just as good as how we started last year IMO, but the team is now built for years of succession/has more valuable trade chips.

I have a feeling we see a defenseman, Kelly and Koko moved before the season starts.
No way Kelly is moved IMO now. A d-man I could see.

DoubleAAAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 08:58 PM
  #70
RunFromTheBear
Registered User
 
RunFromTheBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleAAAA View Post
No way Kelly is moved IMO now. A d-man I could see.
I was thinking if he was traded for a top 6 player.

Bergeron, Krejci, Spooner, Soderberg, Campbell are pretty solid down the middle. If we keep Kelly, I wouldn't mind moving Campbell.

RunFromTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 09:11 PM
  #71
Colt.45Orr
Registered User
 
Colt.45Orr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
Lucic - Krejci - Eriksson
Marchand - Bergeron - 2RW
Soderberg - Kelly - Fraser
Paille - Campbell - Thornton

Some thoughts...

1. I think Loui plays with Krejci. Whatever Chiarelli has up his sleeve for his next move, that guy isn't going to be better than Loui.

2. I'll probably get called a hater for this (maybe I am) but I wish they'd make room on that 3rd line for Spooner by moving Kelly. Those wingers are SCREAMING for a playmaker.

3. I'd like Bergie's RW to have some size/power to his game. Clarkson, Clowe types.
Couldn't agree more... on all 3 points.

Kelly has a full NTC, so he isn't going anywhere.... and, as such, neither are his wingers.

Colt.45Orr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 09:18 PM
  #72
bigbadbruins7
Registered User
 
bigbadbruins7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: CT
Country: United States
Posts: 2,147
vCash: 500
wet with Bergeron and marchand as Chia gets Clarkson fill out the krejci lucic line

bigbadbruins7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 09:20 PM
  #73
Mr. Make-Believe
Moderator
Pass me another nail
 
Mr. Make-Believe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Erotic Fantasies
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
Lucic - Krejci - Eriksson
Marchand - Bergeron - 2RW
Soderberg - Kelly - Fraser
Paille - Campbell - Thornton

Some thoughts...

1. I think Loui plays with Krejci. Whatever Chiarelli has up his sleeve for his next move, that guy isn't going to be better than Loui.

2. I'll probably get called a hater for this (maybe I am) but I wish they'd make room on that 3rd line for Spooner by moving Kelly. Those wingers are SCREAMING for a playmaker.

3. I'd like Bergie's RW to have some size/power to his game. Clarkson, Clowe types.
Was wondering if we couldn't do a shift...

Lucic - Krejci - Eriksson
Soderberg - Spooner - 2RW
Marchand - Bergeron - Kelly
Merlot

Designation of second and third lines switched only for emphasis. Wanted to indicate the effort for more of a scoring line with that unit.

Mr. Make-Believe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 09:25 PM
  #74
bruinsfan46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,395
vCash: 500
Lucic - Krejci - Iginla
Marchand - Bergeron - Eriksson
Soderberg - Kelly - Fraser
Paille - Campbell - Thornton

I'd like Alfie but I think he stays and I don't like Hemsky really.

bruinsfan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 09:30 PM
  #75
rocketdan9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,334
vCash: 500
Reilly smith and fraser will get a chance. As will spooner, knight, koko. Also decent chance jagr resigns for 3 million, or worse brqd boyes for a few years at 2.5 a year

rocketdan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.