HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Something I would not like to see all year..

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-24-2006, 11:08 AM
  #26
Slick Nick
Registered User
 
Slick Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montréal
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 4,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Snake View Post
This is the stupidest comment I have heard all year. Be ashamed of yourself. Obviously you are a souray hater and should be made a fool of. If anything it is the other players looking to set him up. There were a few times Souray was not even open and Markov tried to set him up for one even thought Souray was not positioned. Souray will shot when given the chance to do so be if anything the coaches know of his power that hey are the ones trying to make it happen and why not. He is a lethal weapon(player of the week) and should be used. Also other teams know of this and are trying to mark him accordingly. Souray made a great pass to koivu on Sat to set up Ryder's goal.

IF you are a Souray hater out there and still dont know how much he contributes to this team then smack yourself. ITs probably fans like you that chased Turgoen out of town and I spit on you.


What the hell are you talking about? I think you have to read more carefully before jumping to hazardous conclusions. I simply argued the fact that I didn't like the way Souray overly used his shot last night, and only last night, because the Sabres obvious PK plan was to neutralize Souray on the point. Whether it's a coaching mistake, or individual decision it didn't pay off and I thought an adjustment should have been made (or should be for next game) in this area.

I could have very well argued about Markov's continuous diagonal pass that teams now are used too, and would suggest that from now on both Markov and Souray should vary their trademark plays in order to confuse opponents PK plans ie Markov shoting more, Souray passing more, then going back to Souray shoting, Markov passing etc... would this make me a Markov hater and an anti-habs?

This being said, I think I didn't give enough credit to the Buffalo PK on this thread, while I've been telling my gf all night how impressed I was by the Sabres defensive game.


Last edited by Slick Nick: 10-24-2006 at 11:14 AM.
Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 11:24 AM
  #27
oop007*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 452
vCash: 500
It was to neutralize Souray at the point, your right. And after the first half he took less then half the amount of shots unless he was setup and he saw the near-guaranteed opening. What did you want the guy to do? Never shoot for the rest of the game? Okay then they would collapse on our offense which btw, they were defending like one of the best teams i've ever seen. They were able to take all positions very well. You can't blame Souray because MTL was just trying to buy a goal. He only took shots when necessary after the 1st period.

oop007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 11:28 AM
  #28
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,837
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
.. Sheldon Souray acting like he's the only player on the ice on PP. He used his shot way too much, sometimes you feel like players dont want to pass the puck back to the point because they know Souray will blast one again instead of moving the puck to create good chances for the forwards.

anyone feels the same way?
Some players just can't win, can they? Souray is having a phenomenal year, but he still can't catch a break from the fans.

You want a whipping boy? Try Plekanek, who constantly coughs the puck up on the forecheck, or under any sort of pressure.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 11:31 AM
  #29
oop007*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 452
vCash: 500
Oh and btw, personally I don't really like Souray. I heard he beat his wife somewhere, plus he's pretty hot/cold... and his cold streaks are like a harsh winter in the antarctic, never ends. But he DID play well. In the beginning of the game I remember saying to myself "Stop Shooting Souray!" because in my head I knew he was a marked player, and that they'd be on his back for every shot he took. But after towards the end of the 1st... maybe beginning of 2nd.... he smartened up. I don't c why you think he did something wrong. They were testing to see if Buffalo would cover Souray well enough, they were, so they stopped using Souray as much. They infact DID change up the "signature moves" and you started to see Souray passing it a lot more. How many times did I see a pass from one defensemen to the other right along the very edge of the blue line. That was their defense keeping us back. It's not really their fault that they shot a lot of the time. Better then getting the puck chipped away by one of their forwards and getting beaten for the breakaway right?

oop007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 01:21 PM
  #30
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Some players just can't win, can they? Souray is having a phenomenal year, but he still can't catch a break from the fans.

You want a whipping boy? Try Plekanek, who constantly coughs the puck up on the forecheck, or under any sort of pressure.
lol, I guess you haven't watched samsonov

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 01:23 PM
  #31
oop007*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
lol, I guess you haven't watched samsonov
Lol so agree. Samsanov has been puck handeling better each day, taking the zone more easily each day. Stupid fans just assume you throw good players together and they'll have chemistry. Sometimes that stuff takes time people. How much you wanna bet within a month Samsanov+Kovalev+Whoever = best line on MTL. I Guarantee that guy is going to be a success here. He's been playing great. Ne1 anti-sammy is pretty dumb and doesn't watch enough of the actual sport, and looks to much at stats.

oop007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 02:05 PM
  #32
Kirk Muller*
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Montréal
Posts: 3,061
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oop007 View Post
Oh and btw, personally I don't really like Souray. I heard he beat his wife somewhere,
I think that the police was called because his wife was beating up Souray and going crazy on the house, not the other way around.

Kirk Muller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 02:15 PM
  #33
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=oop007;6866675]Oh and btw, personally I don't really like Souray. I heard he beat his wife somewhere, QUOTE] This is the kind of thing that shows a total lack of class. Before you write something that disparaging about someone, inform yourself. I'm wondering if it's just a 'brought up on the internet' sort of thing and it's a cue from irresponsible journalism, where people think you can say anything about anyone and it doesn't matter. I don't know if you just don't know any better, but c'mon, you really don't see this as ignorant ?

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 05:33 PM
  #34
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,837
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oop007 View Post
Oh and btw, personally I don't really like Souray. I heard he beat his wife somewhere,
To be fair though, I heard she wasn't listening.

<-- runs for cover as wife enters room.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 05:36 PM
  #35
Squeaky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post


What the hell are you talking about? I think you have to read more carefully before jumping to hazardous conclusions. I simply argued the fact that I didn't like the way Souray overly used his shot last night, and only last night, because the Sabres obvious PK plan was to neutralize Souray on the point. Whether it's a coaching mistake, or individual decision it didn't pay off and I thought an adjustment should have been made (or should be for next game) in this area.

I could have very well argued about Markov's continuous diagonal pass that teams now are used too, and would suggest that from now on both Markov and Souray should vary their trademark plays in order to confuse opponents PK plans ie Markov shoting more, Souray passing more, then going back to Souray shoting, Markov passing etc... would this make me a Markov hater and an anti-habs?

This being said, I think I didn't give enough credit to the Buffalo PK on this thread, while I've been telling my gf all night how impressed I was by the Sabres defensive game.
To be fair, you did put the words "all year" in the thread title, and never once mentionned the sabres in the original post. Actually, it wasn't even you who brought up the Sabres.

Anywho, if the point is just that Souray could have made a better shot selection last night, I'll take back my criticism, because that's a totally valid point.

Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 05:51 PM
  #36
GoodKiwi
Registered User
 
GoodKiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Georgia
Posts: 11,607
vCash: 500
I personally think that White Snake should reach for his Prozac which he has seemingly forgotten to take before posting comments in this thread. Simply, You have dragged down a very intelligent conversation to a level of personal attacks and insults and I don't appreciate reading this blubber here. It is one thing to criticize the original poster and another to try to insult him with messages of a seven year old.

Not directly related to the topic at hand and my apologies for that, but carry on gents.

GoodKiwi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2006, 06:08 PM
  #37
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1x44r View Post
I personally think that White Snake should reach for his Prozac which he has seemingly forgotten to take before posting comments in this thread. Simply, You have dragged down a very intelligent conversation to a level of personal attacks and insults and I don't appreciate reading this blubber here. It is one thing to criticize the original poster and another to try to insult him with messages of a seven year old.

Not directly related to the topic at hand and my apologies for that, but carry on gents.
Back to hockey, I think pp's get more varied as the year goes on and they have more practice time. Right now, Markov looks to feed Souray for the one timer as the 1st option. Why not, it's worked. I thought Souray did a good job of reading when the shot wasn't there last night. I thought last year at times, theyhad a good play going with Koivu and Kovalev playing high/low from the faceoff circle to the crease on the right side. Higgins, imo, as much as I like the kid, doesn't command the space Kovalev does on the pp. I think Markov has to shoot off the fake pass at times to keep them from shifting as much towards Souray.

How many highlights have we seen Wellwood going crooss crease to Tucker so far this year ? That's the same deal, they overplay McCabe. Koivu and Ryder will have to make them pay down low.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:01 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.